HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus vs. Edmonton | 3/25 3PM EDT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2012, 03:47 PM
  #51
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
I think you should take more shots at Columbus. That will enhance the experience of those being piled on.

The guy has given up 4 goals in about ten minutes.

Should he be applauded

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:48 PM
  #52
Samkow
Global Moderator
Thug
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus
Country: Colombia
Posts: 12,593
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
The guy has given up 4 goals in about ten minutes.

Should he be applauded
No need to take shots at the crowd like you did earlier.

The 10,000 or so who are there deserve medals for shelling out money for this crapfest.

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:52 PM
  #53
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
No need to take shots at the crowd like you did earlier.

The 10,000 or so who are there deserve medals for shelling out money for this crapfest.
I'd like to bet you on that number

I don't know how you took my smiley as a comment directed at those who are in attendance.

I've attended 15 games this year and will probably attend two more. I might even root for the Jackets against the Wings.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:54 PM
  #54
Thrill22
Feelin' it
 
Thrill22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 415
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
No need to take shots at the crowd like you did earlier.

The 10,000 or so who are there deserve medals for shelling out money for this crapfest.
Oiler fan that lived through some 6 - 8,000 fan nights in e-town in the 90s - it will pass... you do have some guys on your team I would take in a min - don't think Dorsett has lost a race to a puck yet - for what he is, dude is good

Thrill22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:57 PM
  #55
Cyclones Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill22 View Post
Oiler fan that lived through some 6 - 8,000 fan nights in e-town in the 90s - it will pass... you do have some guys on your team I would take in a min - don't think Dorsett has lost a race to a puck yet - for what he is, dude is good
Did the team announce those numbers or did they pad them?

The Jackets have a lot of good forwards. Unfortunately, most are bottom 6 guys like Dorsett. MacKenzie is awesome, but he's hurt right now.

The Oilers talent level is obvious. It's a question of "when" not "if" they gel.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:57 PM
  #56
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,949
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Not a good second period, I saw the recap by Davidge, Mason did not look good.. Savard and Russell didn't help much on two of the goals though.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:58 PM
  #57
Paisano*
Jury is still out...
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
2nd overall pick locked up!

Paisano* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:00 PM
  #58
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,299
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBum View Post
2nd overall pick locked up!
Fail for leftovers!

Matthew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:06 PM
  #59
FANonymous
Registered User
 
FANonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
At least we're better at tanking than Edmonton is...

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:15 PM
  #60
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,923
vCash: 500
This is an embarassment. Worst record in the league now guaranteed in a game which this team just didn't show up for at all.

It is unacceptable to get blown out like this against the 2nd worst team in the league at home. This team isn't a couple pieces away from being competitive from the playoffs, but lose a couple more pieces (say, Rick Nash, for one) and you have to wonder if these guys could beat an AHL team.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:31 PM
  #61
jag72
Registered User
 
jag72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
This is an embarassment. Worst record in the league now guaranteed in a game which this team just didn't show up for at all.

It is unacceptable to get blown out like this against the 2nd worst team in the league at home. This team isn't a couple pieces away from being competitive from the playoffs, but lose a couple more pieces (say, Rick Nash, for one) and you have to wonder if these guys could beat an AHL team.
Take back the three goals that Mason should have stopped and the game is not a blowout. (trying to be positive on such a bad game)

jag72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:36 PM
  #62
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
And this nightmare season is officially over.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:36 PM
  #63
Halfboard
New Look
 
Halfboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Springtucky
Posts: 3,111
vCash: 500
6 goals given up to the 2nd worst team in the NHL............



so far (still 1:42 left)


But hey, the fans still got free chili, right?

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:38 PM
  #64
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,929
vCash: 500
We rule.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:38 PM
  #65
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
*Slow Claps*

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:39 PM
  #66
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag72 View Post
Take back the three goals that Mason should have stopped and the game is not a blowout. (trying to be positive on such a bad game)
Yeah, the time for sugar coating this garbage is over.

Even if this team played as "well" as it had since the acquisition of Johnson we'd be no better than the Anaheim Ducks who are also not in the playoff chase. Meanwhile, our captain and best player has demanded a trade.

The time for phony optimism ain't now.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:40 PM
  #67
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
And this nightmare season is officially over.
There's nothing to play for positive or negative, but there are still games left.

If the Jackets give a hoot about Season Ticket Holders, they should get a refund for all remaining home games.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:40 PM
  #68
Halfboard
New Look
 
Halfboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Springtucky
Posts: 3,111
vCash: 500
12,295 according to NHL.com...........rrriiiiiiiight.........

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:42 PM
  #69
jag72
Registered User
 
jag72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfboard View Post
12,295 according to NHL.com...........rrriiiiiiiight................:l augh:
Isn't hats ticket sales not how many actually made it in the door.

jag72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:43 PM
  #70
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag72 View Post
Isn't hats ticket sales not how many actually made it in the door.
Yes--"paid attendance." Although, that's misleading because some of them were likely giveaways and promos.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:44 PM
  #71
Halfboard
New Look
 
Halfboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Springtucky
Posts: 3,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jag72 View Post
Isn't hats ticket sales not how many actually made it in the door.

Yeah, it's sold tickets.................but I have a pretty good inside source that says the front office pads it by at least 20% each game.

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:45 PM
  #72
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfboard View Post
Yeah, it's sold tickets.................but I have a pretty good inside source that says the front office pads it by at least 20% each game.
That sucks

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:47 PM
  #73
jag72
Registered User
 
jag72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Yeah, the time for sugar coating this garbage is over.

Even if this team played as "well" as it had since the acquisition of Johnson we'd be no better than the Anaheim Ducks who are also not in the playoff chase. Meanwhile, our captain and best player has demanded a trade.

The time for phony optimism ain't now.
The problem is that both Mason and Sanford are the biggest piece of the suck this year. Yes the D has turned the puck over a bunch but all teams turn the pucks over. Most teams goalies can stop a shot or two to help their team out. Put a real goalie in the net and I honestly think that things would be a totally different story. How many games this year can you remember that we lost due to the soft goals that our goalies have given up. Way to many to count.

As for Nash wanting a trade, who cares as long as he keeps playing out there.

jag72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:48 PM
  #74
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfboard View Post
Yeah, it's sold tickets.................but I have a pretty good inside source that says the front office pads it by at least 20% each game.
They have reverted back to the same smoke and mirrors Doug Maclean was using before his departure which they made a big deal about stopping upon the hiring of Howson and Priest.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:50 PM
  #75
Halfboard
New Look
 
Halfboard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Springtucky
Posts: 3,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
They have reverted back to the same smoke and mirrors Doug Maclean was using before his departure which they made a big deal about stopping upon the hiring of Howson and Priest.
The old PEI faction dies hard..................

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.