HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#75 Rangers @ Leafs

Old
03-25-2012, 11:48 AM
WeWillWinTonight

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I still laugh at the "super fans" on this board. The Leafs took us to the shootout. We lost to the 8th seed in the East. We're playing .500 (record) hockey in the last, what, 20 games? The team looks much worse then they did earlier in the season. That's unarguable fact. These are the same guys who think its okay for Dubinsky to be useless.
I think at this point in the season a lot of teams are stepping their play up. Especially fringe teams making a push like buffalo, they are playing with more desperation than a team whose been sitting a top the league for months. Not sayin it's right or wrong just pointing out that we're going into matchups where teams HAVE to win.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWillWinTonight View Post
I was at a bar watching Game so it was hard to really pay attention, what did Dubi do that he only got 7mins of play?
Didn't cover Bickel when he pinched on the first TOR goal. He was on good position, and then pinched in himself.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:49 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
I was at a bar watching Game so it was hard to really pay attention, what did Dubi do that he only got 7mins of play?
On the first Leafs goal, he was the high forward who was supposed to cover for Bickel who pinched and instead he came charging in to chase after the puck which led to an odd man rush for the goal. He was benched for the majority of the first period before being relegated to the 4th line.

03-25-2012, 11:50 AM
emodwarf

Quote:
He blew his coverage on the first Leafs goal. Bickel decided to pinch and Dubinsky was supposed to be the forward high to cover for him. Instead he went chasing too and got caught when the Leafs got the puck and flew up ice to score.

emodwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
I think at this point in the season a lot of teams are stepping their play up. Especially fringe teams making a push like buffalo, they are playing with more desperation than a team whose been sitting a top the league for months. Not sayin it's right or wrong just pointing out that we're going into matchups where teams HAVE to win.
Problem is... the Leafs aren't one of those teams.

I can see both sides honestly.

The "It's fine they're still in 1st" crowd probably has a point.

But the "They haven't played good hockey in a month or so" crowd DEFINITELY has a point. They play any seed 1-8 like they have been and they'll be out in rd. #1

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:10 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death By BB Gun View Post
Are you kidding me? Yeah, how dare we actually root for this team and be relieved after a tight win. That only makes us brainwashed "cheerleaders". We should be constantly miserable after every game because that's what the "real" fans do. Christ in heaven, actually having the nerve to crack a smile after win. You should all be ashamed.

I don't know if we'll actually go "all the way" this season, but I'd like to see it - if for no other reason than to see some of you try and spin it into a negative.
None of us AREN'T rooting for this team. But when we talk about how bad we've looked for the past TWO MONTHS we're all mobbed by people saying WE'RE STILL IN FIRST PLACE SHUT UP YOU'RE WRONG!

I love how being critical of the team post all-star break means we're not rooting for them. I guess shelling out 120 bucks to see Buffalo annihilate them means I wasn't rooting for them? Yep.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:16 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Nobody is happy about it. I'm pissed the **** off for hours/days when we lose any game. There's a difference between not being happy with the team's play and acting like the sky is falling.

This is my perspective (and I suspect the perspective of some others as well):

Every team goes through slumps, just like every team goes on hot streaks. We're in a slump and Pittsburgh is on a hot streak. Plus, I think if anyone had said before the season started that we would be where we are in the standings at this point in the year, everyone would have been pretty damn happy. Now that we've been spoiled by the team's play from November to January, all of a sudden first place isn't good enough.

This was never supposed to be the year for us. The window was supposed to start next year, with Kreider in the mix, a healthy Staal, hopefully the return of Sauer, the young guys' continued development, etc. Torts has been talking all along about the "process" and part of that "process" is learning how to handle tough times and how to learn from your mistakes. Chicago had to lose before they could win it all. So did Pittsburgh, Boston, and Anaheim. They all had tough playoff exits and then came back and won.

It's all a matter of perspective. We're all worried about how the team is playing, but we've taken different viewpoints on what their poor play means. I hate when everyone on this board is all moody and pissed off at each other (and that goes for just about everybody these days). Let's all stop going at each other's throats and get back to being Ranger fans.
Nobody's acting like the sky is falling. I've always maintained we can beat any team other than Pittsburgh in a 7 game series easily. Even now with our defense disappearing for most games, I still say it's possible.

But when you're in 1st place, and 12 points ahead of the only team I feared that can beat us, and then suddenly play .500 hockey for a month and a half while they rally off 13 wins out of 15, due to failing to play the style of hockey that MADE us the first seed in the first place, i'm not going to be happy with the effort.

Like tonight. Bad defense, sloppy forward play, it leads to a 3 goal effort. It led to 4 goals from Buffalo. 7 goals against in two days because our forwards and defense haven't played defense like they are capable of for two months.

You're not one of those people, but after I say something bad about how we've played and then cheer about something good, I get attacked for being a "bandwagoner" or whatever other ridiculous insult these guys try to pull out of their *****. It's ridiculous. People saying "why can't I be happy with us winning?" are the ones who miss out on the "uber-fans" like Kel Varnsen trying to call everybody out who is critical of the team after WE cheer for a win.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 1050
Two expressions i am getting sick of hearing this season:

- the sky is falling
- round peg in square hole (and vice verca).

Guys, its OK to be critical EVEN when the team is doing good. Always room for improvement, that is just a sign of ambition

Hellion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Captain Clutch...Mess would be proud of our Captain...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:35 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Two expressions i am getting sick of hearing this season:

- the sky is falling
- round peg in square hole (and vice verca).

Guys, its OK to be critical EVEN when the team is doing good. Always room for improvement, that is just a sign of ambition
Like nails on a chalkboard.

03-25-2012, 06:23 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Captain Clutch...Mess would be proud of our Captain...
What about Drury?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote