HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Kreider Discussion Part II (4/9 - Signing Imminent)

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

vCash: 500
Can some body confirm that BC is playing tonight at 8pm? and on espn?

Old
03-25-2012, 01:20 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
Can some body confirm that BC is playing tonight at 8pm? and on espn?
They are. It's on ESPN U.

03-25-2012, 01:28 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Minnesota Duluth was the only team besides BC which could have been the #1 seed in the entire tournament. If Duluth had won the WCHA last week,they would have been #1 seed over BC. We covered that topic in the last thread.

The winner of BC-Duluth takes on the winner of North Dakota-Minnesota in the frozen 4. 4 of the top programs in college hockey. 3 WCHA schools. In the other semifinal,its Ferris State-Union. Seems kind of one sided.

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-brac...ehockey-men/d1

Air Force decided to take some chances with 4 minutes left in the game. 4 minutes? They needed to open it up a little earlier. Then they took the penalty and were trying to kill the penalty. Get the puck it deep and pull your goalie. Air Force couldn't complete a pass. Every time they got a scoring chance,their forward needed to be a different shot. A right handed shots only option was backhand. It was a lefty,he would have had a better opportunity to finish. BC used to be a free wheeling open the ice up and skate team. Now they play like the Rangers and Bruins. Blocking shots. Deflecting shots with his sticks. Getting in passing lanes. Jerry York tweaked the system to fit the players.

Since 2006,the top seed facing an Atlantic Hockey team has not advanced to the Frozen 4.
To be fair, Air Force had some really good chances throughout the game in short spurts. They didn't exactly open up and start sending their defense in, but for most of the game, it was a 1-0 game, and they had enough chances to the point where they didn't need to start opening up and take their chances earlier, but BC's defense and overall team game was stifling defensively. Milner was good when he had to be, and BC's penalty kill was amazing. All of their players make concerted efforts to step it up big on the penalty kill, and they're very offensive minded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Two things that made me happy watching Kreider last night:

Beyond him getting on the scoresheet, that was the best overall game I've seen him play in a while. Extremely engaged. Kid knows how to step it up when it counts.

Air Force was extremely impressive in terms of skating ability, physicality, and overall defense. One of the toughest tests BC has had to face. On a day where some of his teammates had trouble getting offense going (Almeida, Whitney, etc.) Kreider got it done.
Completely agreed. They really stifled Barry Almeida and Steve Whitney all night, and I thought at times they had better shifts together than Kreider and Hayes. Almeida's one of the top goal scorers in the NCAA too, and he's feasted on most teams in the NCAA. Pretty impressive feat for Air Force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I mentioned this before but I'm really impressed by Gaudreau. Wish we could steal him from Calgary just like Erixon.
Gaudreau has been one of the most impressive players on BC's roster during their entire 2nd half of their season. His speed is very impressive, and he's got a good set of hands and good hockey IQ. Goes to all the high traffic areas, and isn't afraid to get his nose dirty. Very small, but likes to drive to the net, which is probably the thing that impresses me most about him. Would love to see him make it at the NHL level, but at that size, it could be tough for him.

Old
03-25-2012, 01:31 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Selfishly I hope BC loses and Kreider signs ASAP.

On the other hand, it would probably be best for his development to win the National Title, again. Then sign. Play in the World Championship. Spend the summer improving further. Finish his summer classes. And be ready for Rangers camp in September.

But, I still hope BC loses and he signs.

Old
03-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
They are. It's on ESPN U.
Thanks pal! BTW I love your username.

Like I said in the other thread I hate to wish negative wishes on Kreider but we need him now.

Old
03-25-2012, 03:49 PM
bubba5

Here's to bc losing and Krieder in our lineup by this Friday night against the Habs!

Old
03-25-2012, 04:17 PM
eco's bones

With a guy like Gaudreau you really don't know until he turns pro that he's going to have what it takes to be an NHL'er. 5'7'' and about 150 lbs. Even at that height he has some filling out to do and BC is the perfect kind of college team for him to play on considering the number of smaller very productive forwards they've had in the past. Anyone who would take him over Kreider (at least at this point in time) is nuts though. Krieder has the size, speed and athleticism to step right in--whether he actually does or not--and he has enough other intangibles that he's a far more projectable NHL player.

Old
03-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

I imagine most people are rooting for BC to lose so Kreider can start his professional career ASAP. Thats fine.

Those of you who are taking it a step further and thinking Kreider is going to step right in and contribute in the NHL playoffs? Well, thats likely setting yourself up for disappointment.

Furthermore, while most people dont like to talk about it, I think we can agree given his graduation status and the uncertainty of the new CBA, something is very very wrong if Kreider doesnt sign shortly after BC's last game.

Old
03-25-2012, 04:32 PM
acapps10

Doesn't Kreider have the remainder of the semester to finish? I mean, the team wanted to sign him in the summer but he decided to stay to finish his degree, why would he now just forget about the last month of his last semester to sign for the Rangers?

Old
03-25-2012, 04:48 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by acapps10 View Post
Doesn't Kreider have the remainder of the semester to finish? I mean, the team wanted to sign him in the summer but he decided to stay to finish his degree, why would he now just forget about the last month of his last semester to sign for the Rangers?
He won't have much left and he can work it out with his teachers to reschedule finals and stuff. Players do it all the time. Kreider spent the last 2 years at the WC after his college season was done and it didn't negatively impact his school work. Hagelin joined the Whale last year right after the championship game.

Old
03-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by acapps10 View Post
I'd imagine that playing hockey is more fun that going to school. Plus, signing an NHL contract doesn't mean he can't finish his semester in the summer. It just means he can't play college hockey.

Old
03-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Just curious, are NYR allowed to negotiate his contract before BC's season is over?
I mean, can they already have everything in place so it can be signed the moment BC is out? Anyone?

Old
03-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Just curious, are NYR allowed to negotiate his contract before BC's season is over?
I mean, can they already have everything in place so it can be signed the moment BC is out? Anyone?
Unofficially? Sure. I'd imagine that Sather calling Kreider isn't a big deal anyway. He just can't physically sign yet.

Old
03-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Unofficially? Sure. I'd imagine that Sather calling Kreider isn't a big deal anyway. He just can't physically sign yet.
Alright cool, thats what i was wondering.
No time to waste, hehe.

I am real curious to see what this guy can do on a higher level.

Old
03-25-2012, 05:08 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Alright cool, thats what i was wondering.
No time to waste, hehe.

I am real curious to see what this guy can do on a higher level.
There isn't really much to negotiate. ELC rules are pretty restrictive. The max he can get per year is 900k (not counting performance bonuses). Max of 10% of that 900k can be signing bonus.

Most likely scenario is that he gets a contract similar to what Erixon got. 900k per year, with 270k up front as a signing bonus, and another 850k in performance bonuses. 1.75 mil cap hit.

Old
03-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
There isn't really much to negotiate. ELC rules are pretty restrictive. The max he can get per year is 900k (not counting performance bonuses). Max of 10% of that 900k can be signing bonus.

Most likely scenario is that he gets a contract similar to what Erixon got. 900k per year, with 270k up front as a signing bonus, and another 850k in performance bonuses. 1.75 mil cap hit.
If a 10% max of 900k is 90k, how can he get a 270k signing bonus?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see, 90k x 3 for the 3 year ELC.

Old
03-25-2012, 05:14 PM
pld459666

Hope BC continues to win.

I want him to get another NCAA Championship under his belt.

Old
03-25-2012, 05:17 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I imagine most people are rooting for BC to lose so Kreider can start his professional career ASAP. Thats fine.

Those of you who are taking it a step further and thinking Kreider is going to step right in and contribute in the NHL playoffs? Well, thats likely setting yourself up for disappointment.

Furthermore, while most people dont like to talk about it, I think we can agree given his graduation status and the uncertainty of the new CBA, something is very very wrong if Kreider doesnt sign shortly after BC's last game.
We will take that chance.

Old
03-25-2012, 05:21 PM
acapps10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
He won't have much left and he can work it out with his teachers to reschedule finals and stuff. Players do it all the time. Kreider spent the last 2 years at the WC after his college season was done and it didn't negatively impact his school work. Hagelin joined the Whale last year right after the championship game.
That's true I forgot about the World Championships.

Old
03-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Synergy27

So who's watching this game? No really great scoring chances just yet, but already an impressive play from Kreider where he just bounced off a check while making a move at his own bluelne. The kid definitely looks confident and ready to move on to the next level.

Old
03-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
I'm watching, Minny's PP was looking amazing, they were cycling it well and got a few good opportunities near the net

Old
03-25-2012, 07:28 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
So who's watching this game? No really great scoring chances just yet, but already an impressive play from Kreider where he just bounced off a check while making a move at his own bluelne. The kid definitely looks confident and ready to move on to the next level.
i'm watching...yeah, minnesota-duluth had the best chances thus far...i'm hoping they can take this and kreider will be a ranger by this week lol

Old
03-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
wow...what a chance for BC there with a small breakaway

Old
03-25-2012, 07:36 PM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

Come on Minny. Lets go.