HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Best Habs Game you ever went to

Old
03-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Xia

vCash: 500
Last year's playoff clincher against the Chicago Blackhawks! Subban's overtime goal made for an amazing atmosphere.

Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:50 PM
habtastic

Game 6 of the 2010 series vs. Pens. Unbelievable. Also, amazing seats. I miss lappy.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Habs13

Remember that save Theodore made with stick behind his back in game 6 it 7 against the Bruins. And the Habs eliminate Boston in that game.... I was there fir that

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:09 PM
guest1467

Habs vs. Philly earlier this year. Was my first and only win at the Bell Centre.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 07:25 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Remember that save Theodore made with stick behind his back in game 6 it 7 against the Bruins. And the Habs eliminate Boston in that game.... I was there fir that
Same here dude. Great game. No rioting afterwards either

- Another one: I barely remember the actual game (I believe the Habs beat the Rangers 1-0)

But it was the night Bernie "Boom Boom" Geoffrion had his jersey retired. He had died earlier that day. Very bittersweet moment.

- One of the worst games that I attended:

When Koivu received his eye injury from Justin Williams against the Hurricanes in the playoffs. They went on to lose the game in overtime. That injury - plus Cam Ward's extraordinary play - basically ended the Canadiens' chances in the playoffs.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 07:33 PM
MXD

Against the Rangers, the CA jersey night.

Oh, I fondly remember the last game of '89 as well.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:51 AM
BLONG7

Superbowl weekend, a couple of seasons back, in OT Pleks steals the puck from Crosby and sets up Souray on a 2 on 1 and the place goes crazy when Souray scores....the building seemed to move it was that loud and crazy...that game was alot of fun to watch...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:18 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
I was there too! It really was incredible. Didn't they have Dafoe back then? I miss Thornton's ineptitude.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Jan 22nd 2008 Montreal beating boston 8-2
Tom kostopoulos gets ejected and named first start after wards comes out in a with almost nothing except his hockey shorts and skates and some pucks and a stick

worst game i've been to is the worst game ever...the patrick roy detroit shelacking

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:29 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

I remember I went to the game when Kovalev returned back from his knee injury, and he played one hell of a game and got the first star. If I am not mistaken, it was also the first game after firing Guy Carbonneau and Bob Gainey was behind the bench...

Im going to the Panthers game on tuesday I think this will be the best game I ever went to

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:48 AM
bentheprop

I've only seen them live twice. The 4-3 win in Maple Leaf Gardens on Koivu's birthday easily beats watching them lose in Buffalo (even though I had great seats for that game). Wow, I just realized that it's been over a decade since I last went to an NHL game.

bentheprop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:02 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
The 3-2 OT win against Boston on Jan 8th 2011

Down 2-0 with less then 3 mins in the game, we pot 2, with the second coming just 50 seconds before the end and Max with the OT winner! The when where he stares down Chara... and we know the rest... My ass Chara... My ass

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Kue
Interviewing for GM

Haven't seen many away games make the list so I'll throw one out there. Went to the game in 2010 at Anaheim. We were down 3-1 with a couple minutes to go, Gionta scores, then with 10 seconds left Markov scores, taunts Corey Perry and gets sucker punched by Perry.

Then the crazy shootout where we all thought Hiller saved it and it just dropped in behind him.

Best home game was just an average shutout of the Leafs Feb 2011. Nice to see a game in MTL on a Saturday night, but we shut them out so often its not even worth mentioning.

Honorable mention: The game in Vancouver March 10th. Bought those suckers before the season, once the game came around figured we would for sure lose.

Kue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:37 PM
FF de Mars

Islanders vs Habs, 20 years ago, with my dad, at the Forum. Roy was still our goalie. We won 3-1. I had a blast. My first live game.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:20 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

It's a tossup between last year's playoff clincher against Chicago when Subban scored the winner in OT on the PP and when Crawford and Price stood on their head or this year's game against the Wings.

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:35 PM
canadianeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Game 3 (?) vs Bruins playoffs comeback. Donald Audette, Saku Koivu, Zednik etc. Feeling sad thinking about it right now. Final score was 5-3 Canadiens, the roof off the Molson Center blew off.
YUp... I was there... might also point to Saku's comeback game from the same season....but for the emotion of the moment. That game was insane. The energy in the building was incredible... your heart pounded as you walked into it and it ebbed a bit by the end of the 2nd, then the 3rd period became something I've never felt before or since.

canadianeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 06:03 PM
strutsboa

I've only been to two games, when I won a trip to Ottawa/Montreal in the end of the 06/07 season. Going in to the trip I didn't really have any true favorite team in the NHL, but since my grandmother is from Finland, I've always had a soft spot for Saku Koivu.

My first game was a 2-5 loss in Ottawa, and most of the people who won the trip supported Ottawa heavily since Alfredsson was playing there and we got to meet him before the game. Prior to the game I thought I wouldn't care so much, but I quickly transformed into a Habsfan and I remember how I loved the way the Montreal supporters owned the arena, despite playing away and losing.

The second game I got to see was a 4-3 win over the Sabres in Bell Centre the night after. Obviously the win against the Sabres is the best game for me, especially since Saku Koivu (probably the player who made me a Habs fan) scored the game winning goal in a beautiful way earliy in the 3rd period. After the goal the crowd was screaming "SAAAAAAAAAAAKU, SAAAAAAAAAAKU", I've been a huge fan ever since and probably missed maximum a handful games per year since (including pre-season). It should be time fairly soon for a new trip to Montreal.

strutsboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 06:12 PM
crystal ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Want The 25 View Post
game 6 vs caps aka the night of Halak
That was my birthday. Thanks, Jaro.

crystal ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 06:25 PM
davenash

I would say when the Habs came back from a 5-1 deficit in Nassau Coliseum. IIRC, they scored 4 goals in the 3rd and Kovalev had a hell of a game. We were being heckled all night until they made the comeback.

davenash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 06:43 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
That was my birthday. Thanks, Jaro.
I made a drunken vow that night to name my unborn son Jaroslav. The ladyfriend was not as enthusiastic about the name.

I was also sitting 4 rows from on the ice when this happened:

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Sargent Pepper*

Montreal Canadiens vs. Russia game on New Years Eve 1975-1976. Best hockey game ever played. A 3-3 tie. Awesome game! Tretiak and Dryden were incredible.....both teams played great...

http://youtu.be/7euV_vv2v_Q

Last edited by Sargent Pepper*: 03-25-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:06 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
I made a drunken vow that night to name my unborn son Jaroslav. The ladyfriend was not as enthusiastic about the name.

I was also sitting 4 rows from on the ice when this happened:

pure awesomeness. The only forehand shiver I will support. Tucker had it coming.

notice some familiar faces?

Kaberle in a leafs jersey
Komisarek in a habs jersey

and that pylon Mccabe who used to be the darling of leafs nation until Phaneuf took his role as overrated suck.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:34 AM
yianik

The only non-exhibition game I have ever seen the Habs play was on December 5, 1995 at the Forum. I was on the opposite side of the rink from the Habs bench. As its the only game I ve seen I guess it would be the best game I ever saw, but that doesnt sound right.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbobert View Post
Jan 22nd 2008 Montreal beating boston 8-2
Tom kostopoulos gets ejected and named first start after wards comes out in a with almost nothing except his hockey shorts and skates and some pucks and a stick

worst game i've been to is the worst game ever...the patrick roy detroit shelacking
Is there a video of the Kostopoulos thing? I vaguely remember him being the first star and coming out like that, but I want to see it.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:57 AM
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by penopekoo View Post
5-0 comeback versus the rangers! still remember when the fans through the giveaways on the ice to protest a series of missed/poor calls by the refs (when we had just gone down 5-0). cue the comeback.
My favorite game as well.

Yah, the protest you're referring to took place after back to back, bogus roughing calls on Komisarek. The ice was subsequently littered with Desjardins, GoHabsGo banners!

The rest, as they say, is history...

jwolf is offline   Reply With Quote