HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Riddick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
Haley just missed that uppercut towards the end of that second fight, he would have really knocked that guy out. He is a really good fighter for sure. Hopefully he can keep working hard and eventually be a 10-10-20 guy on the fourth line.
Yeah, totally. I mean, the way he changes from normal to uppercut to body to normal..wow.. Not on wang's islanders tho where no hitting and extremely no fighting is allowed!

Old
03-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Original Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
Haley just missed that uppercut towards the end of that second fight, he would have really knocked that guy out. He is a really good fighter for sure. Hopefully he can keep working hard and eventually be a 10-10-20 guy on the fourth line.
He should already be on the fourth line. He should've been there all season long.

Old
03-22-2012, 05:53 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Unfortunately, BPort has now dropped 6 or 7 in a row.

They lost 3-0 last night in Binghampton (again, thanks for the stream).

Definitely a bit of an offensive power outage there right now.

Just can't successfully make up for the loss of Cizikas, Ullstrom, Haley, Colliton, and Mouillierat up front at the moment.

Old
03-22-2012, 06:37 AM
kuwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Unfortunately, BPort has now dropped 6 or 7 in a row.

They lost 3-0 last night in Binghampton (again,thanks for the stream).

Definitely a bit of an offensive power outage there right now.

Just can't successfully make up for the loss of Cizikas, Ullstrom, Haley, Colliton, and Mouillierat up front at the moment.
Credit for the stream goes to one good man on Sens board who streams all Bingo games i think...

I think Persson looked pretty big and strong, he didn't lose single board battle and his line with Frischmon and Backman (i think) was really solid on the cycle (spend most of the time in the offensive zone), however it didn't lead to many scoring chances. Recieved a big hit in the third period. Skating needs A LOT of work.

From Binghamton, though pointless, Da Costa showed a lot of skill...

Old
03-22-2012, 09:50 AM
colman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuwo View Post
Credit for the stream goes to one good man on Sens board who streams all Bingo games i think...

I think Persson looked pretty big and strong, he didn't lose single board battle and his line with Frischmon and Backman (i think) was really solid on the cycle (spend most of the time in the offensive zone), however it didn't lead to many scoring chances. Recieved a big hit in the third period. Skating needs A LOT of work.

From Binghamton, though pointless, Da Costa showed a lot of skill...
Maybe BST should sign some college free agents to ATO and give the team a boost.Joey Diamond and Matt Mangene from Maine and Mike Marcou UMASS all local guys would be nice fit

Old
03-22-2012, 10:06 AM
crashthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by colman View Post
Maybe BST should sign some college free agents to ATO and give the team a boost.Joey Diamond and Matt Mangene from Maine and Mike Marcou UMASS all local guys would be nice fit
Maine's still playing. I'd love to see them add some locals as well.

Old
03-22-2012, 11:25 AM
BennyBST

Quote:
I like all the players you named, but if I want 2 players from Maine it better be Flynn and Abbott!
Outside of Justin Schultz, I'd love to get Danny Dekeyser, but we all know he'll sign with the wings.

So far I give Garth a lot of credit after the deadline. Re-signing Nabby, bringing in Halmo, taking a flyer on a raw talent like Alexandrov for nothing. You gotta believe Garth could be looking to add another NCAA free agent, specifically a D. Would love Dekeyser.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:05 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBST View Post
I like all the players you named, but if I want 2 players from Maine it better be Flynn and Abbott!
Outside of Justin Schultz, I'd love to get Danny Dekeyser, but we all know he'll sign with the wings.

So far I give Garth a lot of credit after the deadline. Re-signing Nabby, bringing in Halmo, taking a flyer on a raw talent like Alexandrov for nothing. You gotta believe Garth could be looking to add another NCAA free agent, specifically a D. Would love Dekeyser.
I'd be very happy if we could get our hands on Dekeyser. I think he's a lock to sign with Detroit though. The Isles defense corps situation may interest him though.

Old
03-22-2012, 01:20 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Played apple core with Diamond.... Hes hard worker and will never quite

Old
03-22-2012, 01:50 PM
BennyBST

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I'd be very happy if we could get our hands on Dekeyser. I think he's a lock to sign with Detroit though. The Isles defense corps situation may interest him though.
Maybe if we burn a year off his ELC by playing him a few games in the NHL this season ala' Jack Hillen. We don't really need any puckmovers for now. We have size and a physical presence with Mayfield and Pedan. We just need a player who excels in his own end and does nothing but play defense, clearing the crease and blocking shots. Someone who keeps the game simple.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:01 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Maybe if we burn a year off his ELC by playing him a few games in the NHL this season ala' Jack Hillen. We don't really need any puckmovers for now. We have size and a physical presence with Mayfield and Pedan. We just need a player who excels in his own end and does nothing but play defense, clearing the crease and blocking shots. Someone who keeps the game simple.
This has been posted before (by me, I think) about Dekeyser.

http://thehockeywriters.com/danny-de...ent-available/

Old
03-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Sneekypete

Dekeyser would be a great add. I think over time he will be a good number 4 dman.

Diamond is the 2nd coming of Gerbe, and I love the way Gerbe plays.
If the Isles can grab both I would be ecstatic but I think Diamond is a junior and may stay in school.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

Love Joey Diamond. It'd be a perfect fit if he can get signed to us and play for BST. The guys at ************* really speak highly of the kid. Didn't he get invited to a prospect camp once?

Nice little goal from Diamond.

Old
03-22-2012, 02:57 PM
colman

Quote:

Well if we cant get some of those guys you listed the local guys had pretty good seasons in Hockey East .Marcou attended the last two Isles prospect camp and did well .From what i hear the three of these locals are talking to teams.Maine still playing so they have to wait Diamond and Mangene are JRS ,Marcou is a senior now and season is over

Old
03-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

DeKeyser will sign with Detroit. I would be surprised if he didn't.

Old
03-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Renbarg

The great thing about all these Maine guys is that there is a strong Maine connection in the Islanders organization between Cappy and Snow. Even if they are going to play in Bridgeport, that's a pretty good selling point.

Old
03-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
The great thing about all these Maine guys is that there is a strong Maine connection in the Islanders organization between Cappy and Snow. Even if they are going to play in Bridgeport, that's a pretty good selling point.
Bports Assistant coach Eric Boguniecki also when to Maine....

Old
03-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Bports Assistant coach Eric Boguniecki also when to Maine....
You sure about that?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=15973

Old
03-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Oh thats my bad, I was thinking someone else i grew up with Wayne Conlan

Old
03-22-2012, 08:17 PM
colman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
Strong ties to Hockey East where these guys all played

Old
03-25-2012, 07:21 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Matt Donovan scores the winning goal in OT against the WhalePack today with 2 seconds to go!

Old
03-28-2012, 08:30 AM
BennyBST

Bridgeport won again last night vs. the Worcester Sharks 5-4. They trailed 3-0 and 4-1 to come back and win! Dibo led the way with 2 goals, now giving him 20 on the season. Tony Romano had 4 assists. Bridgeport is back in 1st place with 77 points, tied with the whale but BPT has the tiebreaker.

Old
03-28-2012, 08:34 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Bridgeport won again last night vs. the Worcester Sharks 5-4. They trailed 3-0 and 4-1 to come back and win! Dibo led the way with 2 goals, now giving him 20 on the season. Tony Romano had 4 assists. Bridgeport is back in 1st place with 77 points, tied with the whale but BPT has the tiebreaker.
that was crazy last night...they were horrible in their own end for the first 25 minutes...that was quite a turn around

Old
03-28-2012, 11:27 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Part of me says send Cizikas back down, BPT seems to have lost a step since he was called up. lol

Old
03-28-2012, 12:02 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Part of me says send Cizikas back down, BPT seems to have lost a step since he was called up. lol
I would assume all of our call ups will be sent down after April 7th (Cizikas, Ullstrom, Reese, and maybe Niederreiter). I believe Bridgeport's season doesn't end until April 14. IF Nabakov is hurt bad, I expect Nilsson or Poulin to be up with the big club until April 7th.

Closed Thread