HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Binghamton Senators Part V

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2012, 11:38 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

vCash: 500
Ppractice at Chenango Ice Rink today...

Joy Lindsay ‏
PSBJoyOnTheSens

#BSens are on the ice for practice at Chenango Ice Rink. Borowiecki, Conboy, Henningson, Hoffman and Locke all sitting out.

Via Joy.....

Old
03-22-2012, 03:24 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Thursday update via Joy...

Defensemen Mark Borowiecki, Tim Conboy and Dan Henningson sat out the session, along with forwards Mike Hoffman and Corey Locke.

Conboy, who suffered a shoulder injury during last night's 3-0 win over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, and Locke, who has missed six games with an upper-body injury, are both expected to miss additional time.

Borowiecki, Henningson and Hoffman were out for maintenance days should be available as the B-Sens visit the Rochester Americans on Friday night.

Without three of their top four defensemen, the B-Sens had some interesting combinations on the ice.

Lines
Derek Grant-Pat Cannone-André Petersson
Matt Puempel-Stéphane Da Costa-Mark Parrish
David Dziurzynski-Wacey Hamilton-Jack Downing
Cole Schneider-Louie Caporusso-Mike Bartlett

Defense
Patrick Wiercioch-Craig Schira
Eric Gryba-Josh Godfrey
Francis Lessard

Via Joy.....

Old
03-22-2012, 06:49 PM
Canuckman44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
Defensemen Mark Borowiecki, Tim Conboy and Dan Henningson sat out the session, along with forwards Mike Hoffman and Corey Locke.

Conboy, who suffered a shoulder injury during last night's 3-0 win over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, and Locke, who has missed six games with an upper-body injury, are both expected to miss additional time.

Borowiecki, Henningson and Hoffman were out for maintenance days should be available as the B-Sens visit the Rochester Americans on Friday night.

Without three of their top four defensemen, the B-Sens had some interesting combinations on the ice.

Lines
Derek Grant-Pat Cannone-André Petersson
Matt Puempel-Stéphane Da Costa-Mark Parrish
David Dziurzynski-Wacey Hamilton-Jack Downing
Cole Schneider-Louie Caporusso-Mike Bartlett

Defense
Patrick Wiercioch-Craig Schira
Eric Gryba-Josh Godfrey
Francis Lessard

Via Joy.....
Frankie by himself, must be planning on dropping the mitts first shift and every subsequent one. Could be a tough night for the opposition.

Old
03-23-2012, 08:22 AM
sens83

It's funny when all of us fans down in Bingo that try to post objectively on these forums have the same opinion of Lehner, but some fans just don't want to accept the reality of the situation.

Lehner has the potential, he's shown flashes, that's it. This organization so desperately wants a star goalie to solidify their team they are blinded. I found it utterly ridiculous how many people came out of the woodwork to blast the Bishop trade. Like having goalie depth and three guys that have the ability and potential to be NHL-caliber goaltenders is a bad thing.

I'm still a firm believer that winning starts from goal out. Build a strong goal and defensive core and you'll go places. The Bishop trade went miles for making the goal situation 10x better. Now they need to draft one to backfill in a few years when Lehner is ready.

The other focus should be defensive prospects, although some people think we have depth there, I don't see it.

Old
03-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
It's funny when all of us fans down in Bingo that try to post objectively on these forums have the same opinion of Lehner, but some fans just don't want to accept the reality of the situation.
You mean yourself and Main?

But I don't think you understand what "objectively" means.

Old
03-23-2012, 08:47 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
You mean yourself and Main?

But I don't think you understand what "objectively" means.
There are plenty of other people who have watched Lehner in Binghamton that agree with that statement. And yes, I try to objectively look at each player.

Lehner can develop into a great NHL goaltender. He has the skill, he just hasn't showcased it like a future NHL great should in the AHL.

I think Ski and a few others would agree that he isn't ready for a full time gig in the NHL. It isn't just Main and myself.

How many B-Sens games you seen with your own eyes in the past three years? I'm well over a 100.

Old
03-23-2012, 08:58 AM
newtron

Quote:
The other focus should be defensive prospects, although some people think we have depth there, I don't see it.
I don't really recall anyone on here saying that we have defensive depth. We clearly don't. Murray and co. will most definitely look to re-stock the defensive cupboard via the draft and FA, this summer.

Re: Lehner - he seems to be playing like a guy who believes he's in the wrong spot. He was unbelievable in last year's Calder Cup playoffs, when it counted, and the main reason that Bingo won the Cup. This year, IMHO, he thinks he belongs in the NHL and is unmotivated in the AHL (clearly the wrong line of thinking). When he's come up to Ottawa, he has played well, really well. I'm hoping that the last time he was up, management had a chat with him about his future, how he needs to give 100% wherever he plays... how he's got a spot in Ottawa in the near future, but he still has to work on his game and earn it. In his first game back in Bingo, he was (from all accounts) lights out in a 41 save shutout win. Maybe, just maybe, that talk did happen, and it sunk in. We'll see how he performs tonight.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:08 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtron View Post
I don't really recall anyone on here saying that we have defensive depth. We clearly don't. Murray and co. will most definitely look to re-stock the defensive cupboard via the draft and FA, this summer.

Re: Lehner - he seems to be playing like a guy who believes he's in the wrong spot. He was unbelievable in last year's Calder Cup playoffs, when it counted, and the main reason that Bingo won the Cup. This year, IMHO, he thinks he belongs in the NHL and is unmotivated in the AHL (clearly the wrong line of thinking). When he's come up to Ottawa, he has played well, really well. I'm hoping that the last time he was up, management had a chat with him about his future, how he needs to give 100% wherever he plays... how he's got a spot in Ottawa in the near future, but he still has to work on his game and earn it. In his first game back in Bingo, he was (from all accounts) lights out in a 41 save shutout win. Maybe, just maybe, that talk did happen, and it sunk in. We'll see how he performs tonight.
I hope you are right, let me make myself clear, I want Lehner to succeed. That's why I'm so hard on him. The guy clearly has the potential to be great, I just don't think every one should jump his bones just yet.

He needs another year at least.

Old
03-23-2012, 10:19 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Video this AM with no staking. Robin to start tonite....

Joy Lindsay ‏
PSBJoyOnTheSens

#BSens met for video this morning, but didn't skate. Bus leaves at 2:30 for 7:35 game against #Amerks. Robin Lehner (10-19-1) to start.

Via Joy...

Old
03-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
There are plenty of other people who have watched Lehner in Binghamton that agree with that statement. And yes, I try to objectively look at each player.

Lehner can develop into a great NHL goaltender. He has the skill, he just hasn't showcased it like a future NHL great should in the AHL.

I think Ski and a few others would agree that he isn't ready for a full time gig in the NHL. It isn't just Main and myself.

How many B-Sens games you seen with your own eyes in the past three years? I'm well over a 100.
Agreed..I posted in the Cole Schneider thread about my opinion concerning Lehner..
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtron View Post

Precisely right on..

Old
03-23-2012, 03:45 PM
petelevi

Quote:
To be fair, when people made that comment they were talking about the NHL team.

Old
03-23-2012, 04:05 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

I think Murray agrees with you guys, why else would he have gone out & traded for Bishop? He could have waited, he could have rode Lehner & Auld, Lehner was playing well, but he decided to make the deal. And because of that he now has depth in net, he keeps Lehner in the AHL where he belongs to keep working on his game & he has a very good goalie entering his prime in Bishop to back up Anderson for next yr. I would be surprised if he moves Bishop at any point before next yr unless it's for a deal that improves his team with a big time acquisition.

Old
03-24-2012, 12:05 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

BSens have climbed out of the #AHL basement

Joy Lindsay ‏
PSBJoyOnTheSens

With their win and a 3-1 loss by the Texas Stars, #BSens have climbed out of the #AHL basement.

Old
03-24-2012, 03:02 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Former Sen Mike Brodeur signed to PTO with Aeros

03/24/2012

Mike Brodeur (G)

Houston

ADD Signed to PTO

AHL website

Old
03-25-2012, 08:33 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Joy Lindsay ‏
PSBJoyOnTheSens

Louie Caporusso is under evaluation after suffering an upper-body injury during the #BSens' loss today.

Via Joy...

Old
03-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Buckleys

I will definitely be paying closer attention to Binghamton next year.

Da Costa, Petersson, Hoffman, Stone, Prince, Pageau, Kramer, Hamilton, Dziurzynski, Schneider, Caporusso, Grant all fighting for spots, Silfverberg and Zibanejad could see time down there, but I still bank on them both being on the big club, one of the first 3 could as well who knows.

At least one, if not both of Gryba or Borowiecki back, Blood and Weircioch, Wideman fighting for a spot, and maybe Claesson will come over since his team has been relegated to tier 2 who knows

Lehner in nets, Binghamton is going to be prospect crazy next season.

Old
03-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
I will definitely be paying closer attention to Binghamton next year.

Da Costa, Petersson, Hoffman, Stone, Prince, Pageau, Kramer, Hamilton, Dziurzynski, Schneider, Caporusso, Grant all fighting for spots, Silfverberg and Zibanejad could see time down there, but I still bank on them both being on the big club, one of the first 3 could as well who knows.

At least one, if not both of Gryba or Borowiecki back, Blood and Weircioch, Wideman fighting for a spot, and maybe Claesson will come over since his team has been relegated to tier 2 who knows

Lehner in nets, Binghamton is going to be prospect crazy next season.
That's what scares me, we need some established vets..

Old
03-29-2012, 12:10 AM
Buckleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
That's what scares me, we need some established vets..
Well it's definitely a "Hail Mary" sort of situation.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:17 AM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Well it's definitely a "Hail Mary" sort of situation.
Kinda what's the bottom line of this season has turned out in the end..Locke, Lessard are everyday scratches so you know they won't be back..Conboy and Parrish maybe, but past their prime..who does that leave as vets re-signing??

Ya need some experience to win a Cup, (hence last season referrals), not saying re-signing those mentioned will do the trick, but come on..

Old
03-29-2012, 01:50 AM
Buckleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Kinda what's the bottom line of this season has turned out in the end..Locke, Lessard are everyday scratches so you know they won't be back..Conboy and Parrish maybe, but past their prime..who does that leave as vets re-signing??

Ya need some experience to win a Cup, (hence last season referrals), not saying re-signing those mentioned will do the trick, but come on..
No, I definitely agree. I mean last season, Benoit and Smith had what, over 60 points? Hale was a rock (though I am confident Gryba can fill that role even more effectively, and if I remember correctly Hale and Gryba missed most of the playoffs the calder cup year). Locke and Keller up front, and just older prospects with much more experience then the younger guys.

Veterans are a key to success, I agree completely. It'd be unreal if Locke could be retained somehow but very unlikely. I did say a lot of these guys would be fighting for the AHL, a few of them will see there share of time in the ECHL

Old
03-29-2012, 01:39 PM
operasen

Quote:
Good point by you - had not considered that. It does make sense that he would gain more playing at a higher level of competition on NHL ice size.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Now is not really the time worry about vets in Bingo. While we might need a new crop of them, there are a plenty. Guys like Klink could be there, and Boro and Gryba will likely be back, although Boro might be back and forth with Ottawa. But Murray is pretty good about adding vets to Bingo and I certainly don't think he is going to lose sight of that now with even more of our higher quality prospects in Bingo next year.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:55 PM
pepty

vCash: 400
I just hope KK will be back.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Canuckman44

I know that it is hard for the paying Bingo fans to understand but the job of the AHL is to develop players. Do the players get better sitting on the bench watching more experienced vets? The brass has made the decision to let a lot of guys go to other places. Secondly the vets who are carer AHL'ers probably saw the writing on the wall as far as a legitimate chance to play in the show. They too, are still living their dreams.
Hershey always do well because they average about 10,000 people per game. They can afford AHL'ers. How are the Capitals doing? Big deal if they win in the AHL if they aren't developing NHL players.

Old
03-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckman44 View Post
I know that it is hard for the paying Bingo fans to understand but the job of the AHL is to develop players. Do the players get better sitting on the bench watching more experienced vets? The brass has made the decision to let a lot of guys go to other places. Secondly the vets who are carer AHL'ers probably saw the writing on the wall as far as a legitimate chance to play in the show. They too, are still living their dreams.
Hershey always do well because they average about 10,000 people per game. They can afford AHL'ers. How are the Capitals doing? Big deal if they win in the AHL if they aren't developing NHL players.
Uh, I think we get it..some of us fans have been going to games for over 30 years including myself..

Closed Thread