Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Soccer
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Soccer Discuss leagues around the world and the World Cup

Online game : manage a soccer team on hattrick part IV

Old
03-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Kensu

vCash: 63
can anyone explain to me what this is? would like to be a part of it.

Kensu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyCOTTON View Post
can anyone explain to me what this is? would like to be a part of it.
Hattrick is a browser based soccer/football management game. Each player has 7 skills (Keeper, Defending, Playmaking, Winger, Passing, Scoring, and Set Pieces) that are trained weekly in order to create better players. However, you can only train one of these skills at a time. As a new player, it is recommended to train Keeper, Defending, Playmaking, or Scoring. Each training has it's own advantages and disadvantages, which I'll explain later if you're interested. After training up your players you can keep them for yourself or sell them for a profit to buy other players. In general, you have to sets of trainees, an "A team" that you play in your league games and a "B team" that you play in your friendlies. Some people choose to sell both sets of trainees, but I find it more fun to keep my "A team" and only sell the "B team"

In general, there are two matches a week. Assuming you're American (I can't see your flag or location right now), your league matches are Sunday at 7PM EST. Each country has its own friendly time. The U.S.'s is Wendsday at 7PM EST. There are many different formations you can run, ranging from the ultra-conservative 5-5-0 to the ultra-aggressive 2-5-3. The match engine takes the skills of your players into account to create a match report. Your midfield and left, central, and right attacks and defenses are given ratings based on the skill of your players at these positions. Based on these calculations, the match is player. However, the best team doesn't always win. I'm running out of time, but Hattrick is a game of probability. All you can do is put your team in the best position to succeed, but you will have games that you have no clue how you lost and games that you have no clue how you won.

A warning: Hattrick is a marathon, not a sprint. This game does not give instant gratification. It will take time for your team to become competitive, and your first couple seasons (presumably in Division VI), can be somewhat boring. In my opinion, once your reach division V and play against all humans, the game becomes much, much more fun.

This was a little rushed, so it may not make the most sense. If you have any more questions, just ask.

Go For It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:50 PM
GarretJoseph*

vCash: 500
Looking for 1-2 new owners for www.EFFLIGA.net

Got about 6 guys from HFBoards in the league and had a few ex owners come from here also. It's a football fantasy league based of FM11 & FM12, entering Season 9 in about 3-5 weeks. Dinamo Zagreb is open and would consider adding teams if the right posters showed interest.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 01:19 AM
bruinsden
PRO/BOS Bruins!!!

Just signed up, I sold my XBox last summer to go to Bruins playoff games and I've been dying to play sports video games lately. It looks like a lot of fun, anyone mind giving me some basic tips and pointers?

bruinsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 07:16 AM
kg458
Capstronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsden View Post
Just signed up, I sold my XBox last summer to go to Bruins playoff games and I've been dying to play sports video games lately. It looks like a lot of fun, anyone mind giving me some basic tips and pointers?
For Hattrick or the fantasy football league GJ posted about?

kg458 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:52 AM
bruinsden
PRO/BOS Bruins!!!

Hattrick, I was on it awhile ago, when I was younger, but I don't remember much. I know the basic idea.

bruinsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 07:57 PM
kg458
Capstronaut

The best thing you can do to get back into it is to just get on the site and read the manual and forums.

You definitely want to start by completing the license challenges and then get a new coach with passable (or solid if you can afford it) training skill. Leadership doesn't matter at this point. Also, buy some 17/18 year old trainees with inadequate/passable skill level in whichever category you decide to train. There's obviously a lot more but that's a pretty good starting point. If you have specific questions just post em here or feel free to PM me on Hattrick (CU Tigers). HFboards people are generally very helpful, and there are some pretty experienced ones as well.

Also, if you buy supporter there's a HFboards federation you can join.

Last edited by kg458: 03-25-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old
04-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Go For It

Anyone create a twitter page for their team? I just did yesterday, and it's a fun way to get more out of HT. Not to mention it's like free press releases.

@ProngerPhysics if you're interested.

Old
04-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Shoeless Joe

Just joined and it looks fun. Any tips on how to make my team better?

EDIT: You have to pay?! ******* this

Last edited by Shoeless Joe: 04-03-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Shoeless Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 11:05 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotato Chips View Post
Start off training keeper or defense. Generally keeper is what's recommended.

DON'T sell your starting players, just buy a couple trainees and build around them a bit. If you want to improve your team short term just buy a couple older guys on the cheep (32-35) for under 25K each, and use them to get you through the season. For that I'd look at just the midfielders since midfield is what usually determines who wins in this game. Formidable or Outstanding PM and passable or better passing should get you through the first season or two and still be cheap.

Formation use depends on how you train. Keeper? 3-5-2 is my recommendation since it's probably the strongest in the game. Defense 5 backs regardless (5-3-2 with 3 inner mids is my pick there), Playmaking 5 midfielders regardless, scoring 3 forwards regardless. Just make sure you're maximizing your training slots. But also remember that you're not going to be doing more then a marginal amount of training on players that aren't in the position/skill you're doing.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 09:15 AM
kg458
Capstronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotato Chips View Post

EDIT: You have to pay?! ******* this
You don't have to pay to play. The only thing paying gets you is some extra stats and features (which don't effect the game itself in any way).

Old
04-05-2012, 01:17 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
OK, so looking at a couple different options here. Right now I'm happy with how my team is playing, but I don't believe I'll be able to get over the top by training wingers at this point.

I'm thinking of switching to defense, and here's my thought process on that.

Reasoning: my keeper and 5 defenders are all between 21 and 23 right now. Still plenty of viable training time for them. Aside from the keeper all are WC or better in defense, so I'll be able to work with them and really get them up there before I have to think about selling them. And 4 of them are outstanding or higher on wing right now which gives me 4 really good wingbacks to work with. I can go out there and buy 3 more good defensive prospects (18-19, outstanding or better defense) and another keeper.

I have 2 22 year old wingers who I'll hold on to since they're world class in PM and supernatural (and likely titanic) in winger, giving me options there to have a strong midfield and strong wing attack simultaneously. My core midfield is aging, but I have 3 guys in their mid-late 20s who I can hold on to for a while. The rest I'll either sell or retire, aside from the one who I'm trying to train up to be my next coach... **** you 4 week injury that's finally down to 2.

Only downside? I have 2 possible U-20 wingers, one home grown. But I figure I can get over a mil for each on the market after this season. Probably 2 mil+ for Gresham, and right around 1-1.5 for Mclean since he'll be around outstanding winger by seasons end.

Option 2? Bulking up my defense a bit more and running the 4-5-1, but that would kill my attack.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Trepanated

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
I'm thinking of switching to defense, and here's my thought process on that.
It's really funny, not so long ago I was thinking something very similar. Defense training fits in very well with my theory of "cross training", meaning taking a player with a different primary skill and training him so that another main skill "crosses over" the one I buy him with. That's how I do winger training, buying high PM guys in the winger slots and high defense guys for the wingback slots, and then training them in winger.

It's tempting because in addition to obviously ending up with some really nice wingbacks you can also have nice CA defenders or PM defenders.

Anyway, I've been working a lot lately on my long term plan and I'm going to stick with transitioning into passing. I should be making the switch around the end of season 50. At that time I'll have some nice wingbacks all ready to go, and I'll have my WC PM wingers set with high winger skill. I'm going to use the time between now and then to narrow the squad and get some winger skill on a starting IM or 2 (I love IMTWs) as well as get a couple of the wingbacks some 100% training slots in friendlies.

Trepanated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 01:21 AM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Send a message via AIM to BigBadBruin8
Shameless bump...

My season is starting off as expected. Lined up to stomp teams all year long. Hope it continues.

"I've gotta go run some little French guys over."--Shawn Thornton

BigBadBruin8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 03:16 AM
Just Win
Free Larsson

Hey guys, have there been any major changes in Hattrick over the last 6-7 seasons. I played it for i think 4 years until 2010, got bored from being stuck in a league and am thinking now of starting with a new team. Is the game still so heavy on ball possesion or have they balanced the tactics some more?

Just Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2012, 08:29 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Win View Post
Hey guys, have there been any major changes in Hattrick over the last 6-7 seasons. I played it for i think 4 years until 2010, got bored from being stuck in a league and am thinking now of starting with a new team. Is the game still so heavy on ball possesion or have they balanced the tactics some more?
They have made changes to make it less heavy on possession, but it is still a big factor. Tactics and strategy can win you more matches than in the past IMO.

It's still fun though if you're thinking about coming back. We've got plenty of managers in the thread here and if you pick up supporter we've got a Fed as well.

I'm sure you remember most of it but any questions go ahead and ask.

Old
08-21-2012, 08:23 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnit458 View Post
You don't have to pay to play. The only thing paying gets you is some extra stats and features (which don't effect the game itself in any way).
Hey man did something happen to your team? All of a sudden you're gone... You ask them to close it?

Old
08-23-2012, 11:44 AM
kg458
Capstronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruin8 View Post
Hey man did something happen to your team? All of a sudden you're gone... You ask them to close it?
I got caught up in a lot of RL stuff. This past summer I was living in NM and other than where I was working I didn't have an internet connection, and then this year I'm finishing up a Ph.D. which has left me with zero time.

I was planning on logging back on after I got back to SC once I could actually spend a little bit of time doing it but I didn't realize how fast the 7 weeks go. I'll probably make another team once I have some free time again (come next year), but until then probably not. Hopefully a few of you will be battling it out in ML when I come back

Old
08-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Trepanated

Doh, that's too bad. Sounds like you have some interesting stuff going on though.

I dunno about the ML, but I made it to the semifinals of the cup for next week, so that's pretty fun. Hopefully I can promote to II at the end of this season in the league. I'm on track for autopromotion as things stand now, but I have a really tough match on the road this week against 2nd place and I'm playing the B-team trainees, because of the cup. I didn't think I'd still be dealing with this by this point in the season!

Trepanated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2012, 10:43 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Played several years ago. Got my team into a competive divison 5 training scoring. This time I'm gonna train keepers.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2012, 09:56 PM
BigBadBruin8
@rsox1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
Played several years ago. Got my team into a competive divison 5 training scoring. This time I'm gonna train keepers.
What's the new team name?

Old
09-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Belizarius

Send a message via MSN to Belizarius
A few news about my team. After a fall to V, I came back to IV immediatly and pulled a surprising run to earn promotion to France III directly.

My 1st season in III was a huge challenge : very fun league, a lot of talks on the boards, great managers... one of them a former France U20 coach. It was very, very tough every game. Some analysis, a little bit of luck...
The last game summarize it : I managed to reach the 5th place in day 12, upsetting the leader 2-0. I had to win this last game to finish 5th and play the qualifier next week.
I had some fears, the 7th was a very tough opponent who had nothing to lose, he had to win to stay there.
I managed to lead 3-0 and surprisingly, the 4th seed lost 4-0. I was 8 goals behind in GA, and suddenly this lead was cut to just one goal... which came at 82nd minute. My team defended, defended... and let a goal (87th), before scoring the huge one (88th).
I won 5-1, the 3rd seed lost 4-0 so I finish 4th in France III !

I will be in the 100 best teams in France on monday

Belizarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Go For It

Starting again. Got to Div V. (US) and was a contender to promote to Div IV on my old team.

New team name: What's Offsides?

Going to train PM I think, or maybe scoring. Not sure yet.

Last edited by Go For It: 08-18-2013 at 12:09 PM.