HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Welcome Back Thomas Vanek!

Old
03-25-2012, 06:48 PM
SabreSaurusRex

vCash: 500
Boyes is very overpaid, but as a fourth liner he has been very good IMO. Playing well grinding along the boards, not shying away from contact, throwing the body, playing well defensively including PK working hard, chips in some added offense and shootout goals, etc. Not a 4 million dollar performance but he has been a true professional in accepting his role and embracing it.

SabreSaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HNJB View Post
Boyes is very overpaid, but as a fourth liner he has been very good IMO. Playing well grinding along the boards, not shying away from contact, throwing the body, playing well defensively including PK working hard, chips in some added offense and shootout goals, etc. Not a 4 million dollar performance but he has been a true professional in accepting his role and embracing it.
I agree. I have no problem putting him in the press box if it's better for the team but I hardly have any negative feelings about him. It's not like he's pouting or loafing. The Sabres didn't bring him in to be one of its top producers, though of course they expected more production. He's still a guy who you can rotate up a line and into the PP if guys go down, doesn't hurt the team out on the 4th line and in fact has done some good things there.

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:14 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
I agree. I have no problem putting him in the press box if it's better for the team but I hardly have any negative feelings about him. It's not like he's pouting or loafing. The Sabres didn't bring him in to be one of its top producers, though of course they expected more production. He's still a guy who you can rotate up a line and into the PP if guys go down, doesn't hurt the team out on the 4th line and in fact has done some good things there.
Maybe, but 6 goals in 61 games is a HUGE disappointment for a former 43-goal, $4million winger.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:21 PM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Maybe, but 6 goals in 61 games is a HUGE disappointment for a former 43-goal, $4million winger.
If you're expecting him to be a goal scorer at this point, it's depressing. Cap space is no longer an issue, and Boyes has been very good as a 4th line forward.

At this point in the year, ignore contracts and just look at how the guy performs in his role.

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote