HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

#75 KINGS v. BRUINS, 3/24/12 Thoughts & Tidbits ... U can't Win 'em ALL

Old
03-25-2012, 03:18 AM
ShattStar03

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I like their Octoberfest, Winter Lager and Pumpkin Ale...

But i'll take a Deschutes Black Butte or a Rogue Hazelnut Nectar any day every day all day.

God I love craft beer.

PS. I was i section 312 with TONS of Bruins fans and they were great. Loud, rowdy, but knowledgeable peeps and they just plain respected the game. The one guy just kept talking about Kopitar, saying how he wanted him on his team, and kept yelling out UMass when Quick made a good save heh.
I'll take the Bruery's Black Tuesday Stout or Allagash's bourbon aged triple any day

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:24 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
Williams was ass tonight
I'm usually tough on Willy, but give him a break. He was making things happen left and right and took at least three BIG hits.

TwoForRoughing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:33 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
I'm usually tough on Willy, but give him a break. He was making things happen left and right and took at least three BIG hits.
This was a VERY physical game. I'm surprised Williams survived it. I STILL can't believe Lewis dropped the gloves

I'm very glad we wouldn't have to face the Bruins in the west bracket. I think the teams would just about kill each other no matter how many games it went.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:35 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Not sure how Brown got a black eye, but I'm guessing he lost some vision in that eye considering his bumbling play out there, one of which resulted in an outnumbered attack that led to a goal for the Bruins. A couple of significant players who earn big dollars had rather crappy games. They better respond against Vancouver, a potential playoff matchup.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:54 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

I was fine with the bruins fans till 2nd intermission when 2 were chanting Bob Miller can eat my ***-hole. They reminded me of canuck fans.

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 06:36 AM
nocturn

Bummer loss. Onward and upward.

I would give my right arm to have Lucic on this team. That guy is such a gamer, dirty plays and all. He is balls out all day long.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtywater View Post
I second this. Great game, back and forth. Kings are my 2nd team and I go to a bunch of games. Happy my B's won though.

grncobra76, that apple line is hilarious. I seriously laughed out loud.

Ladyfan, I'm pretty sure I saw you there. 90's away Neely jersey right by Turco?
Yes. . . Sounds like me. The not so young lady with the Neely jersey.

Sorry to the posters who had a bad experience with B's fans. Most are good but we have our share of fools to.

As a STH in Boston I will say the worst fans that I have met were Flyer fans. I am sure most are nice but. . .

03-25-2012, 09:16 AM
backhander

damn...kings couldn't find the back of the net to make it 2-1 on several occasions. this would have been nice to have, but going for 6 wins in a row was great. kings will have dig in and look to the upcoming games in canada. the bruins were the better team and deserved to win....mistakes by the kings lost the game.

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docgonzo View Post
I was fine with the bruins fans till 2nd intermission when 2 were chanting Bob Miller can eat my ***-hole. They reminded me of canuck fans.
People who are like that are really not hockey fans, they are just Neanderthals.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:24 AM
no name

I can't believe Kopitar didn't get an assist on the second goal. he won the faceoff and pushed it a couple feet out of the scrum. Williams then kicked it to Voynov for the goal. Do faceoffs not count as an assist? I guess after 10 years there is still things i don't know.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:32 AM
johnjm22

I have a feeling there's some sore banged up players this morning.

Hopefully the Kings play this brand of hockey in Vancouver. We all know how the Canucks respond to physical play.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:12 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Not sure how Brown got a black eye, but I'm guessing he lost some vision in that eye considering his bumbling play out there, one of which resulted in an outnumbered attack that led to a goal for the Bruins. A couple of significant players who earn big dollars had rather crappy games. They better respond against Vancouver, a potential playoff matchup.
No points in the last 2 games, 1 in the last 4, is Brown trying his Houdini act again? 6 shots on goal last 4 games, 3 weeks since the last goal scored. The more I watch Richards & Carter out there the more I can see DB with no C or on a different team next season if the Kings don't finish with some success.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
I have a feeling there's some sore banged up players this morning.

Hopefully the Kings play this brand of hockey in Vancouver. We all know how the Canucks respond to physical play.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:50 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
No points in the last 2 games, 1 in the last 4, is Brown trying his Houdini act again? 6 shots on goal last 4 games, 3 weeks since the last goal scored. The more I watch Richards & Carter out there the more I can see DB with no C or on a different team next season if the Kings don't finish with some success.
He's a 50-60 point scorer. He's going to go significant stretches with out putting up big points. That's reality. Kings just got done playing the best defensive team in league (St. Louis), and a red hot Tim Thomas.

I'm not sure what you're implying about Richards and Carter, both of whom were -3 last night.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:56 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Frustrating loss, but there it is - at least it was to an Eastern Conference opponent. On to the next one. Hopefully the players can use it as motivation to get a seven-game winning streak starting Monday.

On the good news front, the Kings actually now have the ROW tiebreaker over the Sharks -- for a long time I was sure that they would lose that tiebreaker to ANY team they tied with.

95 points to make the playoffs clear (without having to worry about ROW), so that's 4-2-1.

96 points to win the Pacific without having to worry about ROW, so that's 5-2.

Gonna be a clencher from here on out.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:52 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Is everyone accounted for? Just checking to see if any of you jumped off a cliff after last nights loss.

Oh, and who pissed in the Kool Aid? It's tasting gross again.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:30 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Incredibly annoying group of Boston fans in the 323 and 324. They were drunk by the start of the national anthem and they were yelling homosexual slurs at Kings fans for most of the 1st period. Security was called and they swallowed their tongues until the 3rd. Truly classless.
They must have thought they were in Anaheim...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:20 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Looking at the schedule a week ago I definitely thought the Kings would struggle with this game. I didn't expect us to win out, so I can definitely swallow this loss. We need to get back on track though, I want a division title! 5-2 baby!

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:27 PM
LAsusan
Dry Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Looking at the schedule a week ago I definitely thought the Kings would struggle with this game. I didn't expect us to win out, so I can definitely swallow this loss. We need to get back on track though, I want a division title! 5-2 baby!
Agreed, same here. Actually I was expecting the streak to end with St. Louis, but we were just spoiled with another win. On to the next one, we can do it!

LAsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsusan View Post
Agreed, same here. Actually I was expecting the streak to end with St. Louis, but we were just spoiled with another win. On to the next one, we can do it!
Sad to say, but same I remember looking at the calendar and going "how the hell are we going to pull 9(?) wins out of THAT?"

Well, I must say I'm impressed and happy with this team's response, but that only makes losses like last night's hard to swallow--we're never OUT of a game! It's good to have these high expectations and have them mostly met.

I mean, look at the last few losses--Boston, DRW, Nashville--and every one of those games was a game we could have won (I mean that in a very positive way). We're not dropping stinkers anymore.

All of that being said, the upcoming Edmonton and Minny games have me very, very worried.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 07:02 PM
dabeechman

We deserved to win and lost to a hot goalie. It happens. As long as they didn't ***** the bed and lose, I'm good with it. If they continue to play this way for the rest of the season, they'll make it.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 07:06 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
Bummer loss. Onward and upward.

I would give my right arm to have Lucic on this team. That guy is such a gamer, dirty plays and all. He is balls out all day long.
I suggested eons ago, when we had Cammy, that we should trade him for Lucic and a prospect.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Ollie Weeks

Of all the games we have left, this is the one that would hurt the least if we lost. No sweat, we weren't going to win them all. Tomorrow is the second least painful game to lose, but I would recommend we go ahead and win that one.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Of all the games we have left, this is the one that would hurt the least if we lost. No sweat, we weren't going to win them all. Tomorrow is the second least painful game to lose, but I would recommend we go ahead and win that one.
I have 60 beers riding on that game for a bet with a Canucks' fan so I sure hope the Kings win.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:50 PM
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Do the Ucks a favor and lose it in OT or the SO... They need to polish up their golf clubs...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote