HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Former Thrashers Fans- Who's coming to the Jets game Saturday?

Old
03-25-2012, 11:03 AM
GreenHornet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
I applaud the Thrashers fans that attended, hopefully you have even more reason to become a full-fleged Predators fan. You have the Braves for us, we have the Preds for you.
Even as much as I love baseball, you wanna trade?

GreenHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:10 AM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHornet View Post
LOL if MLB ever did expand again I think Nashville would be a good location for a team. They are already home to 2 professional teams(Predators and Titans) so I certainly think baseball could work there.

GwtGlads2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:11 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
**** no

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
LOL if MLB ever did expand again I think Nashville would be a good location for a team. They are already home to 2 professional teams(Predators and Titans) so I certainly think baseball could work there.
Nope ... 3 teams within half of tanks of diesel for my jetta tdi (cincy, atlanta & saint louis) and Nashville is overextended as is

Old
03-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Jonesey
KCCO

Quote:
nope.. i don't post on bfboards.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:17 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Not if it would take public dollars to build a baseball stadium. That well is pretty much tapped out. In reality, the Nashville market for major league teams is about saturated. It's a pretty small population that requires regional support for eight games a year to fill the football stadium and is enjoying rather widespread attendance support for the hockey team for the first time. Toss in 81 games of MLB home games and $$$$ start getting spread a bit thin.

Now maybe a dev league basketball team to put a few butts through the gate at 501 Broadway and a definite need for an upgraded AAA ballpark exist.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:21 AM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Not if it would take public dollars to build a baseball stadium. That well is pretty much tapped out. In reality, the Nashville market for major league teams is about saturated. It's a pretty small population that requires regional support for eight games a year to fill the football stadium and is enjoying rather widespread attendance support for the hockey team for the first time. Toss in 81 games of MLB home games and $$$$ start getting spread a bit thin.

Now maybe a dev league basketball team to put a few butts through the gate at 501 Broadway and a definite need for an upgraded AAA ballpark exist.
Does Nashville have/did have an arena football team at one time?

Old
03-25-2012, 11:24 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Does Nashville have/did have an arena football team at one time?
The Kats .... should rename them the Phoenixes after flaming out and coming back so many times.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:30 AM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

Quote:
The Kats .... should rename them the Phoenixes after flaming out and coming back so many times.
You could say the same for the Georgia Force. The original Nashville Kats became the Georgia Force but then they suspended operations in 2009 and then the Alabama Vipers left Huntsville for Duluth and took up the Georgia Force name.

Old
03-25-2012, 12:10 PM
GreenHornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrash2smash25 View Post
you could say the same for the georgia force. The original nashville kats became the georgia force but then the entire AFL suspended operations in 2009 and then the alabama vipers left huntsville for duluth and took up the georgia force name.
fify

GreenHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

I think if it were the Preds in this situation and I went to, say, a Blues game to watch the "old Preds play", it would be hard to decide if I would go for who used to be us. Not saying I would be a Blues fan, just using geography here. On one hand, I'd like to show the loyalty I had for so many years and wear my Preds colors proudly but on the other hand it just wouldn't be the same. I don't know which way I would go honestly.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 01:27 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Quote:
Get an indoor soccer team. There's only 7 (soon to be 8) teams and Milwaukee and Baltimore need some competition.

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 02:45 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Get an indoor soccer team. There's only 7 (soon to be 8) teams and Milwaukee and Baltimore need some competition.
Another highly unstable league over the past three decades. It really doesn't matter what other sport and league it is as long as it becomes a means of putting a few thousand butts in the arena on otherwise unused nights.

Old
03-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Another highly unstable league over the past three decades. It really doesn't matter what other sport and league it is as long as it becomes a means of putting a few thousand butts in the arena on otherwise unused nights.
I personally wouldn't follow it, but I think the WNBA would be a viable option. I mean, UT, Vandy and MTSU are all respectable/elite women's basketball programs and therefore I'm sure there's a decent amount of interest in women's basketball in the area. I'm sure that could add some extra revenue, plus I'm pretty sure most of their season is during the summer.

Old
03-25-2012, 03:27 PM
Nitrous Mafia

please, no other sports franchises.

Nitrous Mafia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
please, no other sports franchises.
There's a pretty big difference between clamoring for an MLB or NBA team and looking for extra side-tenants inside Bridgestone on empty nights like Arena Football, WNBA, NBDL, etc.

Old
03-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Legionnaire11

Arena football was pretty cool

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Arena football was pretty cool
Yeah, but that money went to the ****** across the river

Old
03-25-2012, 07:07 PM
thisismikea

had a great time last night, as always.

guilty admission: one of the throwers is my buddy's little brother. well, not little. 21. they have talked about it since the sale went through. couldn't believe they actually did it.

thisismikea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:47 PM
Filmmaker24p

As a former Thrashers season ticket holder, I'd like to thank everyone in Cell Block 303 for taking my buddies and me in last night... We felt right at home in your section, and will definitely be back for some playoff games.

I also wanted to share this photo with anyone from the Nasty Nest who might be lurking on the boards...

Oh, one more thing... WINNIPEG SUCKS! LET'S GO PREDS!

Filmmaker24p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:38 PM
tonyin318

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I admittedly have been rooting against the Jets (though Thorby, Burmi, and Enstrom continue to be my favorite players), however it's just out of jealousy.
This is how I feel. Glad to see Toby most of all last night. None of my other favorites really stood out. Credit to Pavelec for a great game. Robbed the preds of maybe 3 more goals........

The Jets will always be my most hated team. I hope the Winnipeg franchise never wins another game. Actually my true hope is that they languish in 10th place, 6 points out of 8th, for eternity.......no top picks, no taste of playoffs.

I used to think that the "hockey gods" would never allow the Thrashers to get to the playoffs as long as the Thrashers fans stubbornly yelled "knights" during the national anthem, clinging to their minor league roots, and dooming the Franchise to mediocrity or less. I eventually abridged that to "never win a playoff game" for obvious reasons.

When I first heard several hundred former knights fans yell out "knights" during the national anthem, my skin bristled and I shook my head as usual.

Then much later on it occured to me that I now actually do want the franchise to languish in mediocrity or less. So I've done a 180.....I now actually hope that Thrashers jerseys will flood the Bridge at all Jets@Preds games just so those knight-yelling fans can anually prod the "hockey gods" and remind them to deny success to the Thrashers franchise.

I may even join in for the first time ever just in case the "hockey gods" need one more vote each year to doom the franchise......

tonyin318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:42 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyin318 View Post
This is how I feel. Glad to see Toby most of all last night. None of my other favorites really stood out. Credit to Pavelec for a great game. Robbed the preds of maybe 3 more goals........

The Jets will always be my most hated team. I hope the Winnipeg franchise never wins another game. Actually my true hope is that they languish in 10th place, 6 points out of 8th, for eternity.......no top picks, no taste of playoffs.

I used to think that the "hockey gods" would never allow the Thrashers to get to the playoffs as long as the Thrashers fans stubbornly yelled "knights" during the national anthem, clinging to their minor league roots, and dooming the Franchise to mediocrity or less. I eventually abridged that to "never win a playoff game" for obvious reasons.

When I first heard several hundred former knights fans yell out "knights" during the national anthem, my skin bristled and I shook my head as usual.

Then much later on it occured to me that I now actually do want the franchise to languish in mediocrity or less. So I've done a 180.....I now actually hope that Thrashers jerseys will flood the Bridge at all Jets@Preds games just so those knight-yelling fans can anually prod the "hockey gods" and remind them to deny success to the Thrashers franchise.

I may even join in for the first time ever just in case the "hockey gods" need one more vote each year to doom the franchise......
I just wish slow painful deaths on everyone who yells anything during an anthem. Being a Texas Stars partial ticket holder, I'm wishing a lot of ill upon others many times a season.

Old
03-25-2012, 09:50 PM
tonyin318

Quote:
I just wish slow painful deaths on everyone who yells anything during an anthem. Being a Texas Stars partial ticket holder, I'm wishing a lot of ill upon others many times a season.
Thanks for reminding me of that........my hatred of the Jets clouded my patriotism for a moment......I won't join in after all, even if it means the Jets get a playoff win. Hopefully my one vote won't be the swing.......

tonyin318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:50 PM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyin318 View Post

This might be where Turner and company went wrong. Continuing the Knights name to the NHL would have made alot of sense considering it was already a popular brand in Atlanta.

Old
03-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Predsboro

Quote:
That chaps me too Brian, and I'm not military as you are. Very disrespectful. I see the Jets fans have also desecrated O Canada as well by yelling "True North."

There is no place for that in anthems IMHO ...

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote