HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[6-3 WIN] Oilers Escape Cellar; Sit 28th in Standings

Old
03-25-2012, 09:53 PM
AK Dandyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
Yes I'm aware that Eberle doesn't normally PK but he has been for the last couple of games. NHL site has Eberle on for 40sec of PK in the 3rd. To the four line rotation in the 3rd what coach wouldn't run four lines when you have a 3 goal lead? I also don't mind the fact that Renney was giving the 4th line some garbage minutes in the 3rd, I mean its not like there were guys taking runs at RNH during the game. Or did we miss that? Why would you risk it when the game is already won?
Renney sent out Eberle to pk with 1.5 minutes left after Belanger scored to make it 6-3. Eberle was not out there to pk earlier in the 3rd, not during the earlier penalties in the 3rd that you thought Eberle was killing and couldn't come out for a regular shift after the penalties.

I have no problem giving the 4th line some garbage minutes with 3 goals lead, but giving them the same ice time or more as your point leaders and rookie of the yr candidate when he need points? And why Gagner & Hemsky were out there almost every 2nd shift in the 3rd totaling 4 more minutes than RNH in the game?

Speaking of risking, with your logic, why risk Eberle out there with 1.5 min left killing penalty when the score was 6-3? What if he takes a point shot in the ankle or Columbus rough it up when the game was out of hand at that point?

So Eberle stats would show 17 min instead of 15 min?

Last edited by AK Dandyman: 03-25-2012 at 09:59 PM.
AK Dandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:54 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnfantstk View Post
Didn't have a chance to listen to the game. I noticed in penalty summary that Omark hooked Nash which resulted in a Penalty Shot. I bet he was benched the rest of the game. Am I right?
I don't think he was responsible for the hook on that play but he was responsible in part for the first Columbus goal.

He didn't have a very effective game overall IMO.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi Markkanen View Post
Man wtf Gagner. When Gags had his 8 pt nights guys were hooking him up from all over the ice. He had the chance to pass it to RNH and didn't.

Yes I know he scored, but what did it matter? THe game was already out of reach. People hooked you up Sam try helping RNH get the Calder!
4-2 game was out of reach lol and him scoring a insurance does not matter not passing to RNH was unacceptable. This room is hilarious when he gets a assist all the glory goes to the scorer when he scores shootout goals they are no big deal when he scores he is the goat, and if he did pass it to RNH and he scored the assist would of been downplayed as a easy point for Gagner. God people get a grasp on reality

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:07 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Dandyman View Post
Renney sent out Eberle to pk with 1.5 minutes left after Belanger scored to make it 6-3. Eberle was not out there to pk earlier in the 3rd, not during the earlier penalties in the 3rd that you thought Eberle was killing and couldn't come out for a regular shift after the penalties.

I have no problem giving the 4th line some garbage minutes with 3 goals lead, but giving them the same ice time or more as your point leaders and rookie of the yr candidate when he need points? And why Gagner & Hemsky were out there almost every 2nd shift in the 3rd totaling 4 more minutes than RNH in the game?

Speaking of risking, with your logic, why risk Eberle out there with 1.5 min left killing penalty when the score was 6-3? What if he takes a point shot in the ankle or Columbus rough it up when the game was out of hand at that point?

One shift...what is the issue? Oilers won if you didn't notice. RNH with two points...Eberle with two points. Jones with three points. Seems the line did pretty good with "restricted" time.

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

I think HF complains more about icetime more than players do.

What can ya do....

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:17 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Hemsky appears to have a lot more jump in his game. Despite the neutral zone turnovers its nice to see the old Hemsky flying around out there.

Also...Hartikainen has been playing well. He did last year at this time as well so he really needs to follow it up with a solid training camp next season. This team desperately needs what he brings to the table.

Smid is a joy to watch...probably my favorite dman right now.

Mason had a very poor game for the Jackets...the 2nd and 3rd goals were very weak.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:21 PM
AK Dandyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
One shift...what is the issue? Oilers won if you didn't notice. RNH with two points...Eberle with two points. Jones with three points. Seems the line did pretty good with "restricted" time.
Yes, we've won. Just want to discuss why Renney did that in the 3rd, is it a problem? Every time we won, we are prohibited from discussing things we might not have done well or things to improve on?

Gagner had 4 more even strength minutes than RNH, and Hemsky had 3min more than Eberle. Just weird, why not give Eberle & RNH SAME amount of ice time so they have a chance to get points? Just asking a question or posters opinions on why playing Gagner/Hemsky every 2nd shift but give RNH & Eberle so little ice time in the 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post

What can ya do....
And you complain about HF posters bringing up legitimate hockey discussion more than the NHL PA does?

What can ya do...

Old
03-25-2012, 10:27 PM
dixs35

Quote:

Gagner and Hemsky played 1 EV more minute than RNH and Eberle in the third. They also don't have a regular PKer on their line so it would make sense that they would play more would it not? I understand they could have moved somebody up but why? I know in a game like this everybody wants to see RNH and Eberle pad their stats after another crappy year, but come on is winning the Calder in the grand scheme of things really that important?

Using Eberle at the end of the game on the PK when it doesn't cripple the team if they score not a decent way to break in a new player on the PK. I only brought up RNH because of the condescending tone in your first reply. I didn't PVR the game but again from what I recall when Eberle has been used on the PK it has been at the tail end of PKs in the last few games.

dixs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post

What can ya do....

Blame Tambo???

Booya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:35 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrForever View Post
No kidding.

Vande Velde's goal...
That was a pretty bad goal for Mason to give up but it was really nice to see VandeVelde get his first NHL goal.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:36 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guymez View Post
That was a pretty bad goal for Mason to give up but it was really nice to see VandeVelde get his first NHL goal.
The curse of the calder trophy goalie

happened to Raycroft, and Mason.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:40 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Yes, we've won. Just want to discuss why Renney did that in the 3rd, is it a problem? Every time we won, we are prohibited from discussing things we might not have done well or things to improve on?

Gagner had 4 more even strength minutes than RNH, and Hemsky had 3min more than Eberle. Just weird, why not give Eberle & RNH SAME amount of ice time so they have a chance to get points? Just asking a question or posters opinions on why playing Gagner/Hemsky every 2nd shift but give RNH & Eberle so little ice time in the 3rd.

And you complain about HF posters bringing up legitimate hockey discussion more than the NHL PA does?

What can ya do...
What is it that haters do...oh yeah, they hate. Oilers won the game. Top line with 7 points. Be happy. There has been enough losing to complain about.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:40 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
The curse of the calder trophy goalie

happened to Raycroft, and Mason.
True enough.
Can't speak for Raycroft but Masons struggles this season have taken me by surprise.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Didn't get to see the game at all . Besides the goal, how was VV? I'm rooting for the guy as he's been down a long road with the Oil.

Booya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:43 PM
AK Dandyman

Quote:
Gagner and Hemsky played 1 EV more minute than RNH and Eberle in the third. They also don't have a regular PKer on their line so it would make sense that they would play more would it not? I understand they could have moved somebody up but why? I know in a game like this everybody wants to see RNH and Eberle pad their stats after another crappy year, but come on is winning the Calder in the grand scheme of things really that important?

Using Eberle at the end of the game on the PK when it doesn't cripple the team if they score not a decent way to break in a new player on the PK. I only brought up RNH because of the condescending tone in your first reply. I didn't PVR the game but again from what I recall when Eberle has been used on the PK it has been at the tail end of PKs in the last few games.
Quote:
When Eberle was on the PK IIRC he was on for the tail end of the PK so that would be a reason why they weren't first over the boards.
I just pointed out that Eberle wasn't on the PK earlier in the 3rd as you thought they weren't first over the boards after the penalty. It wasn't meant to be a condescending tone. If you feel that way and i could have put it better, i apologize.

Winning the Calder or get Eberle to point per game are not the most important in the grand scheme of things, but is it the not important at all to a point you play them 5 shifts less in a game like this?

Why play Gagner/Hemsky every second shift in the 3rd with 9 shift in total for each compare to 6 shifts for RNH & Eberle(not counting the PK shift at the end of the game)? And in total 4 more even strength minutes for Gagner than RNH?

I am not asking to play RNH & Eberle more than Gagner/Hemsky, just why not play them same number of shift?

Last edited by AK Dandyman: 03-25-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old
03-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Yeah, I was happy for him.

Nice to see a kid come up and have something like that happen right away. Now he can relax and play his game and hopefully prove to Oilers' management that he should be kept in the system.

Mr Forever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:47 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
Yeah, I was happy for him.

Nice to see a kid come up and have something like that happen right away. Now he can relax and play his game and hopefully prove to Oilers' management that he should be kept in the system.
I have to take another look at the Centre depth chart sometime soon. Other than Lander I can't think of a prospect thats ahead of him.
Having said that his age (25?) is getting to a critical point.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:49 PM
AK Dandyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
What is it that haters do...oh yeah, they hate. Oilers won the game. Top line with 7 points. Be happy. There has been enough losing to complain about.
Where is the haters thing come from?

I raised questions and discussions. I am happy with the win. One of the main reasons we won was because of Mason's awful goaltending.

Did i say Renney was bad or Gagner/Hemsky did not deserve their ice time in this entire thread?

Call me hater if i have expressed hatred against Renney or Gagner/Hemsky in this thread, can you find it?

Old
03-25-2012, 10:50 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
I have to take another look at the Centre depth chart sometime soon. Other than Lander I can't think of a prospect thats ahead of him.
I'm assuming he'll be a career minor leaguer, but he'll be the first guy called up like someone mentioned today during the game if there's an injury down the middle on the Oilers.

I guess they must like him, considering they traded away O'Marra.

Mr Forever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Brokenhead

Quote:
I think it's already too late for him. That said, he will probably stay with the Barons and be our go to call up at Centre the way Omara was before he was traded.

Brokenhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:51 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Where is the haters thing come from?

I raised questions and discussions. I am happy with the win. One of the main reasons we won was because of Mason's awful goaltending.

Did i say Renney was bad or Gagner/Hemsky did not deserve their ice time in this entire thread?

Call me hater if i have expressed hatred against Renney or Gagner/Hemsky in this thread, can you find it?
Oilers won...Renney was the coach.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:54 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

Quote:
I'm assuming he'll be a career minor leaguer, but he'll be the first guy called up like someone mentioned today during the game if there's an injury down the middle on the Oilers.

I guess they must like him, considering they traded away O'Marra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenhead View Post
I think it's already too late for him. That said, he will probably stay with the Barons and be our go to call up at Centre the way Omara was before he was traded.

True enough.
I don't know that status of his contractual situation but if he can be kept around as a depth player then what the hell.

Granted I have had limited viewings but I like him better than O'Marra as well.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:03 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
Didn't get to see the game at all . Besides the goal, how was VV? I'm rooting for the guy as he's been down a long road with the Oil.
Played a solid game - scored a goal that wouldn`t have broken a sheet of paper. Didn`t look out of place.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:

What can ya do...
Whoa. Who said I was complaining? Relax homie.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:10 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
True enough.
Can't speak for Raycroft but Masons struggles this season have taken me by surprise.
He hasnt been good for 3 seasons.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote