HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Giving a real chance to Palushaj

Old
03-25-2012, 05:54 PM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Gio was our leading scorer for 2 years, Cammy did great in the playoffs and Cole has 30 goals and is probably the hardest working player on this team.

They should DEFINITELY try and sign another top-6 forward during free agency if they can. Why the hell wouldn't we want another Cole?
this years class minus parise sucks

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:55 PM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Ridiculous argument. We are also last in the conference with players that we drafted and players that we traded for, are you going to argue that we shouldn't draft or trade for any players again as well?

What did Cammy get us? 29 points in 26 play off games, then a roster player, draft pick and prospect. What did Cole get us? So far 30 goals and a fabulous mentor for players like Pacioretty.
we stink , you want to come back with the same team

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Teufelsdreck

Are the Habs so weak, so pathetic, so desperate that they turn to Palushaj to lift them out of the sub-basement? If they are, then the elevator will stop somewhere between the basement and the lobby floor. I expect them to pick a minimum of three or four forward prospects who are better than Palushaj in the 2012 and 2013 drafts. If they can't, they should consider replacing Trevor Timmins.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 07:56 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Are the Habs so weak, so pathetic, so desperate that they turn to Palushaj to lift them out of the sub-basement? If they are, then the elevator will stop somewhere between the basement and the lobby floor. I expect them to pick a minimum of three or four forward prospects who are better than Palushaj in the 2012 and 2013 drafts. If they can't, they should consider replacing Trevor Timmins.
How is giving a young prospect more offensive ice time a desperate move?

The guy has been doing a decent job with scrappers on a 4th line playing close to nothing. Give him better players with more ice time, let's see what he can do. I don't see the desperation anywhere.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
How is giving a young prospect more offensive ice time a desperate move?

The guy has been doing a decent job with scrappers on a 4th line playing close to nothing. Give him better players with more ice time, let's see what he can do. I don't see the desperation anywhere.
Did you consider that the alternative to giving better players to Palushaj is getting better players than Palushaj?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:27 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Him + Blender + Kappolisnenend = pus capabe!

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:28 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Did you consider that the alternative to giving better players to Palushaj is getting better players than Palushaj?
Of course we want better players all the time. Fact is we have him now. Why not play him over the last few games of the season - the original topic of the thread?

Or would you just rather play 4 players when his shift comes up?

Who knows, he might actually turn out to be, you know, half-decent. He'd certainly be ahead on the development curve of a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the summer draft. Might as well see what we have now.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:48 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
First off, we don't even know how good or bad Palushaj actually is. If we're always going to bring in players to fill in holes and only give a chance to prospects when we have injuries where they'll play on the 4th line for less than 10min, then we'll never develop our players.

Nobody is suggesting Palushaj should play on the first line. I'm saying use him on the 3rd line with more offensive guys. As I mentioned before, I can see Eller-Gionta forming a good duo next year, one that could be completed by whomever earns that spot between Geoffrion-Leblanc-Palushaj.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Clearly it is. In the meantime...

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:37 PM
habitue*

I am missing Tom Pyatt, suddenly !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:49 AM
lamp9post

Palushaj is a good skater and puck-carrier. He reminds me of a poor man's Mason Raymond. His skating and hands are NHL caliber, and he shows a willingness to compete but that's about it.

Since we're terrible, I don't mind giving him a chance, I just don't see him sticking long term as we have other RW prospects (LeBlanc, Gallagher, Kristo) who seem to have a higher ceiling.

lamp9post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:50 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I am missing Tom Pyatt, suddenly !

I can't believe that Pyatt has 11 goals this season.

zzoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
we stink , you want to come back with the same team
You don't want to sign any free agents, I disagree, and that means I want to come back with the same team?!

I think you might be getting things a bit upside down here?

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Miller Time

at this point it would make too much sense for us to actually give Palushaj an opportunity to play some consistent minutes in a role he's actually suited for... for us to actually do it.

MaxPac - Eller - Palushaj
Cole- DD - Geoffrion
Leblanc - Pleks - Bourque

I'd roll with something along those lines for the remaining 6 games, or maybe cycle the C's every 2nd game.

6 games is a small sample size, but in the attempts to project forward next season, and in evaluating players like Leblanc/Geoffrion/Palushaj as to how they will/won't fit into the picture next year, if used properly it's enough time to give the management staff some additional, focused, time to do their most important job (evaluating assets & planning how to deploy them).

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:00 PM
DrunkenHabz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
With all due respect, If we start next season with the above lineup, we will be the same team we are now.
So true. If this is our starting line up for next season, I boycott the Montreal Canadiens. Disgusting. Bourque, Nokelainen, Blunden, Darche, Weber, Kaberle, Campoli, Gomez: OUT. This looks like a ******* expansion club, not the 24 times Stanley Cup Champions.

I expect nothing less than a real clean-up, maybe an even bigger one than the Gainey failure.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole
??? - Plekanec? - Palushaj?
Moen? - Eller - Gionta?
Leblanc - White - Staubitz?

Our 1st pick will probably be in there somewhere, and might even take Plekanec's place. I'd keep Pleks since he's one of the best on the PK and gives the example at each shifts, but he looks tired of his wingers (I don't blame him). Still, he produces, so who am I to say he should leave... but if it comes from him and he wants out, then so be it and use those dollars to gain a franchise player.

The ??? stands for a 40 goal scorer we've been needing for so long. A franchise player please... and not a Gomez.

The interrogation marks at both Gionta and Moen are about them wishing to stay or not. I'd like to. But we'd need Gionta to accept that he's a better fit on a 3rd scoring line than on the first two, since dwarves are already composing those lines.

I'd like to keep Moen too since he's definitely got leadership and he's not as bad as people think with the puck. Now with Staubitz and White, they'd completely change our identity and team toughness.

Staubitz, well it's up to him, I think he's a very tough guy with a lot of heart, fights often. Would keep him, but not holding my breath.

Palushaj up on the 2nd line? Well that's only if our 1st pick doesn't make the line up next year but I really don't think Palushaj should be there. Nice flashes but no finish.

If you're wondering why I didn't include our beloved Bourque, well that's simple: not to bash the guy but he's not bringing anything to this team. He's got size and skill, but no intensity. If we could spare Kostitsyn than why the hell couldn't we spare a Bourque. Sure he's already better than Cammy The Floater, and he's making twice less money, but at the end of the day, this 3 million could be used on a player that has heart and who produces.

Yet, if Moen wants out, I sadly think the team would need him to fill the power forward role on that 3rd line... so if Bourque stays depends on what happens with Moen I think.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents... for what it's worth..

DrunkenHabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenHabz View Post
The ??? stands for a 40 goal scorer we've been needing for so long.
Well that was easy, you've got my vote for GM

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote