HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

3.25.2012 - Nashville at Chicago - "Mission Impossible"

Old
03-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Fuelled by Passion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
I understand the Kostitsyns are still very good players, but I had the opportunity to watch them often in Montreal, as well as this year with the Predators. They can score, but they're terribly inconsistent and Sergei has never scored more than 50 points. Both Kostitsyns are going to finish with fewer points than they did last year; Andrei only has 32 this year, while Sergei doesn't have the offensive presence that Radulov has, nor does he look intimidating every time he is on the ice.
Oh not again. Maybe on Habs forums you will find more supporters about how bad they are. I'll quote Trotz describing SK
"When we got him we heard he can't do that, can't do this he is dressing room cancer and etc. In the end we were right they were wrong we got 1-st line LW for nothing".
AK was totally mistreated in Montreal. Playing 4-th line and seeing almost none PP and benched after every little mistake he has done.
As for Rads, he has yet to prove that he is that 80+ point consistent player many are talking about. Don't get me wrong he looks very good, but let's not forget he is coming from KHL where his was a super-star. KHL is also less intense league. The speed there is slower and he hasn't play for 2 weeks before coming to Nashville. So he is obviously less tired than any other player on Nashville roster. In additional he is playing for a contract. Let's wait a season or two before making the statement how consistent he is and how many points can Radu score in full NHL season
SK is a vital part of a team and he is one of pieces of puzzle that made Nashville a better team then when Radu left. So maybe he is just worried how the things gonna work out for him when Radu and his brother joined the team.
As for AK his first full NHL season is very similar to Radu's
Ak - 26g 27a 53p +15 in 78 games
Radu - 26g 32a 58p +7 in 82 games
You never know what future will bring.

P.S I would take any of them to wear Jet's jersey or Fisher or Erat or Horny

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:59 PM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
Oh not again. Maybe on Habs forums you will find more supporters about how bad they are. I'll quote Trotz describing SK
"When we got him we heard he can't do that, can't do this he is dressing room cancer and etc. In the end we were right they were wrong we got 1-st line LW for nothing".
AK was totally mistreated in Montreal. Playing 4-th line and seeing almost none PP and benched after every little mistake he has done.
As for Rads, he has yet to prove that he is that 80+ point consistent player many are talking about. Don't get me wrong he looks very good, but let's not forget he is coming from KHL where his was a super-star. KHL is also less intense league. The speed there is slower and he hasn't play for 2 weeks before coming to Nashville. So he is obviously less tired than any other player on Nashville roster. In additional he is playing for a contract. Let's wait a season or two before making the statement how consistent he is and how many points can Radu score in full NHL season
SK is a vital part of a team and he is one of pieces of puzzle that made Nashville a better team then when Radu left. So maybe he is just worried how the things gonna work out for him when Radu and his brother joined the team.

I'm a fan of both Kostitsyns Erat and Hornqvist are great too. Also like Halischuk alot. I have several favorites on this team. Rads will be great addition too imo.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:06 PM
JetsAlternate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled by Passion View Post
As for Rads, he has yet to prove that he is that 80+ point consistent player many are talking about. Don't get me wrong he looks very good, but let's not forget he is coming from KHL where his was a super-star. KHL is also less intense league. The speed there is slower and he hasn't play for 2 weeks before coming to Nashville. So he is obviously less tired than any other player on Nashville roster. In additional he is playing for a contract. Let's wait a season or two before making the statement who consistent and how many points can Radu score in full NHL season
SK is a vital part of a team and he is one of pieces of puzzle that made Nashville a better team then Radu left. So maybe he is just worried how the things gonna work out for him when Radu and his brother joined the team.

Sergei Kostitsyn better than Alexander Radulov? That's an interesting judgment.

We shall see, I suppose. From what I've seen from each of them over the past several years, Radulov definitely looks to be the best of the three. I can't dispute the fact that Sergei has contributed to the team and is integral to its success, but he was relied on heavily to contribute to the primary scoring because this team lacked a player like Radulov.

Radulov's two weeks off from skating should actually have been detrimental to his performance in his first few games. A player who doesn't skate for a few weeks and who doesn't work out actually loses his timing. Jet lag also played an effect when he first joined the team, so I wouldn't call him "less tired".

Perhaps Trotz won't move Radulov to the top line because, as you mentioned, he fears it may disrupt some chemistry. The Kostitsyns are better than they showed in Montreal. Radulov is a more dangerous player offensively than either of the two, however. Even without a full training camp underneath his belt, and without having developed any chemistry with his teammates, he looks like a dominant presence. Most players who join their new team take time to get going; he stepped in and started producing, just as many elite players would.

JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:14 PM
klt2001

This being a team sport. Pretty much it won't matter if one player is better or more skilled than another cause that generally doesn't win you games, especially if you just have one great/skill player and then bunch of sucky ones around you not helping out or not helping you out. Usually it's the collectiveness of several players that adds to teams winning. Rads is definitely a skill set the Preds could use and will help the team out alot imo and he'll be a playmaker, especially when he or his teammates start connecting w/ him/them better but we need all our players to play well not just one or two. Tonight they did that. There were a bunch of players that added to this game/team or have something to add to this game/team. I was very pleased w/ the effort of the Preds players tonight.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-27-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old
03-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Fuelled by Passion

Quote:
Sergei Kostitsyn better than Alexander Radulov? That's an interesting judgment.
Seriously where did you read this statement in my post?
Anyways I will not spend my time trying to go over and over on something I have tried to explain before many times.
Who is better? It is a personal taste and people will not agree. Many say Crosby is the best player, I personally would take Toews on Crosby any day. I'm a fan of sick esthetically awesome goals. My son for example believe that when AK is on his game he is one of most attractive players to watch. I probably won't be able to take him to Habs game after Andrei has left. 30 goals scored by skate or crashing the net (I'm not talking about Radu now) or 20 snipes like we have seen today from Fish or AK? Your choice. Should Radu become this sick sniper or dirty dangler and put only 30 points a season he will be on the list of my favorite players. Should Duchene score only 20 points a season he will still be my top-5 favorite danglers.
Let's just give it some time.

Fuelled by Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Just got home from a family get-together.

Absolutely smashed the Hawks. Love it! Chew on that Kane.

Everlong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:13 AM
PhoneGuy

Any posters here go to the game last night?? Was watching the game with the dear wifey, and after one of the TV timeouts, we noticed the fans were all standing and applauding, and the wife asked me "did they steal our TV timeout standing ovation??

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:31 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Any posters here go to the game last night?? Was watching the game with the dear wifey, and after one of the TV timeouts, we noticed the fans were all standing and applauding, and the wife asked me "did they steal our TV timeout standing ovation??
I would imagine it was a tribute video or something. Hawks fans will know. I'll go ask since they can't troll/flame me

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:13 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Maybe something like a military or cancer survivor salute. Preds on the bench were tapping their sticks as well.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:20 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Perhaps Trotz won't move Radulov to the top line because, as you mentioned, he fears it may disrupt some chemistry. The Kostitsyns are better than they showed in Montreal. Radulov is a more dangerous player offensively than either of the two, however. Even without a full training camp underneath his belt, and without having developed any chemistry with his teammates, he looks like a dominant presence. Most players who join their new team take time to get going; he stepped in and started producing, just as many elite players would.
As has been stated many times, the Preds don't have a first line. Trotz has spread out his lineup to provide balanced scoring. He also balances his lines to create favorable match-ups depending on opponents' strengths and weaknesses. It's just worked out the the 10-12-74 line has had the most consistent scoring. But to throw Rads in with Erat and Fish to bolster their "top line" would dilute the balance and chemistry this team strives for.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:40 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I wonder if Trotz will give the first line some rest by bumping them down to the 2nd line and then giving Radulov's line some first line time?

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:42 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I would imagine it was a tribute video or something. Hawks fans will know. I'll go ask since they can't troll/flame me
Well, actually they could troll/flame you....once...

Thanks! I appreciate it.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Preds311

I think Ed Balfour was honored last night in Chicago

Preds311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:25 AM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Quote:
I was at the game and didn't notice it. I noticed more sarcastic cheers and applause than anything though.

Edit: Now I remember. It was for the Eddie Belfour highlight reel they showed or for the Military Appreciation segment.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:27 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

The only response I got was from Blackhawskwincup. He said the Hawks usually recognize a military service member at every game. They did honor Belfour last night (by giving him a barrel of whiskey, no doubt ), but I think that was before the game.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:42 AM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I wonder if Trotz will give the first line some rest by bumping them down to the 2nd line and then giving Radulov's line some first line time?
I'm not too sure how much icetime Legs and Horns got, I'll have to double check, but Rads has gotten 20 minutes the past 2 games. How much more icetime could he get?

TMI where's that avatar from? Looks familiar.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:58 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
I'm not too sure how much icetime Legs and Horns got, I'll have to double check, but Rads has gotten 20 minutes the past 2 games. How much more icetime could he get?

TMI where's that avatar from? Looks familiar.
It's Omar Little from The Wire.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Hah, I knew he looked familiar. My brother tried to get me hooked on that show. Didn't pass my screening process of 3-4 episodes.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
My roommate for a year was in an episode of that show haha. I don't know if he had any lines or was just there, but he was in it. Personally I've never seen the show, I would just see occasional small checks from HBO at the apartment for him and it said which episode he was getting the check for and blah blah.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 12:05 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
Hah, I knew he looked familiar. My brother tried to get me hooked on that show. Didn't pass my screening process of 3-4 episodes.
It's probably the best show to ever air on television. The first four or five episodes kind of drag, but it's setting up the entire story. Once you finish the fifth season you'll think back and say, "you know... that was a ****ing incredible story"

At least I did

@Drake, I've probably seen the episode four or five times haha. It'd be cool if you could figure out which role he played

Old
03-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:

@Drake, I've probably seen the episode four or five times haha. It'd be cool if you could figure out which role he played
http://bayweekly.com/old-site/year05...leadxiii8.html

Go to the third little segment or whatever where it's called Maryland's Mean Streets and he's the guy named Brandon Larkins that they start talking about.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:45 AM
klt2001

Yip was the one that actually set Halischuk up on his goal and has had some offensive plays so I don't mind him being in the line up so long as he doesn't make alot of mistakes.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-27-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Old
03-27-2012, 11:28 AM
token grinder

so is this a new tradition? locking old GDT? some people may want to discuss prior games.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:57 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I don't see why we need three GDTs running at once when past games can be discussed somewhere else. I mean, the discussion usually overflows into The Negativity Thread, the General Preds talk thread, the Radulov thread, etc. Why does it matter if it's a GDT or not?

Old
03-27-2012, 12:01 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

In B4 the lock!!!!

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote