HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

YOUR COUNTRY'S 2012/2013 World Junior Team

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2012, 04:26 PM
  #51
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
I'd love to see a team like that, but do you think the brass will go that CHL heavy? USA Hockey might not have much of a choice moving forward.
A lot of American players de committed from College and went to the CHL in the last few years. The only effect it would have would be the team maybe has more of an offensive dynamic if you understand me.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:29 PM
  #52
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
My early guess at Team USA:

Forwards (x13):

John Gaudreau - Alex Galchenyuk - Stefan Noesen
J.T. Miller (A) - Rocco Grimaldi - Henrik Samuelsson
Mario Lucia - Vince Trochek - Nic Kerdiles
Lukas Sutter - Brady Vail - Stefan Matteau
J.T. Compher

Defense (x7):

Connor Murphy - Jacob Trouba (C)
Cody Corbett - Seth Jones (A)
Jake McCabe - Dylan Blujus
Nick Ebert

Goalies (x2):

John Gibson
Matt Mahalak
You don't think Tyler Biggs and Brady Skjei make it?

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 04:38 PM
  #53
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 16,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
Do you think Ekblad has the tools to control the game? I have been impressed with his statistical performance, and I know that he has the ability to be an elite defender at the NHL level (hence exceptional status), but one thing Pietrangelo always impressed me with was how he controlled the tempo of the game, and he's doing it at the NHL level as well.
Tools yeah but it reamins to be seen if he can. I'm sure he will be able to though, he looks like he's 19 when he's playing, I've never seen a kid so young play like he's older than the majority of players in the league like him.

I'm sure it happens a lot in the lower levels before major junior but once you get there theres up to a 4 year age difference, 5 in Ekblads case, he looks like he's 19 or 20. Next year he'll have an even bigger role than his already substantial one this year. We'll see then I guess.

A Barrie fan or Brock (Or any other person who watches the OHL or Ekblad more than I do) should have a more comprehensive answer though. I'd like to see what Brock says about it, haven't seen his opinions on Ekblad for awhile.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:42 PM
  #54
shello
@WShello9
 
shello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ile-Perrot, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
A larger (He should be, he's already his size now) Pietrangelo with more physicallity would be a good comparison. Bit of a mean streak as well.
Spot on this is exactly what he is. He potentially could surpass Pietrangelo as well (keep in mind though we haven't see Pietrangelo's full potential just yet).

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 08:51 PM
  #55
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
I'd love to see a team like that, but do you think the brass will go that CHL heavy? USA Hockey might not have much of a choice moving forward.
They probably won't go that heavy but they'll be leaving too much talent off the board if they run too heavy with NCAA players. Hopefully they're willing to take the best players regardless of where they play but it'll be a heated debate as always. The summer camp roster should give some hints though so I look forward to that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
You don't think Tyler Biggs and Brady Skjei make it?
Not if I'm choosing the team now, no. I wasn't impressed with Biggs at all down the stretch this season in the games I saw. He'll certainly be in the running as his size and physical play would be a nice fit on the bottom of the roster (I kept switching him and Matteau when making my roster guess) but I'd like to see him elevate his consistency and offensive game a bit next year to make his case.

Skjei, I just don't see it. I haven't seen very much of him but when I have the only thing that's really ever jumped out at me is the obvious skating. He looks pretty raw or underdeveloped in the other areas at this stage. He's getting some hype for the upcoming draft but I'm weary about penciling in a guy that's at best the 4th best d-man on his current team behind Trouba, Jones, and Sieloff at least. He'll certainly be at the summer camp but he'll need to impress at the camp and to start his freshman year at the Minnesota to really get himself in play in my mind. And that's possible. Maybe he's just a victim of being stuck behind two world class d-men in Trouba and Jones and will shine outside of their shadow? But I want to see that first.. He reminds me of a less advanced John Moore at this stage and with studs like Trouba, Jones, and Murphy to anchor the d-core, why take a risk on Skjei?

__________________
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.
William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:03 PM
  #56
Royal Canuck
HF's Bounty Hunter
 
Royal Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,740
vCash: 50
looking forward to seeing Pontus Aberg for Sweden.

__________________

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:04 PM
  #57
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
What? How often do you watch these players? I suspect never.

First of all, none of those guys are weak defensively. Secondly, they're all at or above Beaulieus level defensively, especially Reilly and Murphy. Thirdly, this year in the OHL, Hamilton; the guy you said is strong defensively, isn't much better than Murphy in that regard this season in the OHL. Almost everybody who says these guys are bad defensively, hasn't watched them, and is judging based on how they play.

Offenesive defensemen doesn't equal bad defensively.
Ryan Murphy is weak defensively. That's 1 reason he wasn't taken higher even though his offensive game is unreal(weak year this year though)

Hamilton is an elite 2-way d-man in my opinion.

Beaulieu is better defensively than Rielly,Murphy and Pouliot to me.

Rielly is pretty good defensively, but i think he'd be the 7th d-man on team Canada for next years WJC U-20 tournament. Pouliot I don't see making the team.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:18 PM
  #58
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 16,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
Ryan Murphy is weak defensively. That's 1 reason he wasn't taken higher even though his offensive game is unreal(weak year this year though)

Hamilton is an elite 2-way d-man in my opinion.

Beaulieu is better defensively than Rielly,Murphy and Pouliot to me.

Rielly is pretty good defensively, but i think he'd be the 7th d-man on team Canada for next years WJC U-20 tournament. Pouliot I don't see making the team.
No he isn't. People started spreading that around in his draft year just because he wasn't as strong as other top prospects, but that doesn't mean he's weak.

Hamilton isn't elite defensively, like I said, his defense isn't much better than Murphys. Hamilton doesn't make as many mistakes but the ones he does he's not as good at getting back to fix them as Murphy is. Hamilton has better positioning but as of now the difference isn't substantial. Murphy is a lock to make the team if he's in the OHL next year so it doesn't matter.

Reilly should be a lock to make the team next year as well. Who's going to make it over him that makes him the 7th defensemen? He's one of the best defensemen in this draft class and might have challenged Dumba and Murray for the top defensemen if he was healthy all season. He's a better prospect than Beaulieu.

If Pouliot doesn't make the team, another similar defensemen will in his place. He's not weak defensively anyway.

Lastly, not sure why you think Beaulieu is better than them. If you think he's strong defensively than all the defensive you called "weak" are strong as well, they're every bit as good, and in Murphy/Reillys case, they're better.

Canada took 4 defensemen who are better offensively than defensively last year, but none were weak defensively. So it shouldn't matter this year, all the offensive defensemen who could make the team, are not weak defensively.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:34 PM
  #59
WeissFC
@WeissFC
 
WeissFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 300
vCash: 500
There's already a couple of threads for this in the International section.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1067349 (USA)
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1073255 (Canada)

Here's my list of guys I put together on the USA thread earlier this month:

Defense
Jacob Trouba
Jake McCabe
Connor Murphy
Seth Jones
Andy Welinski
Dylan Blugus
Cody Corbett
Just missing the cut: Russo, Skjei, Schmaltz, Ebert, Reilly, Sieloff

Forwards
Alex Galchenyuk
J.T. Miller
Rocco Grimaldi
Stefan Noesen
Shane McColgan
Reid Boucher
Johnny Gaudreau
Tyler Biggs
Joe LaBate
Nic Kerdiles
Mario Lucia
Vincent Trocheck
Adam Erne
Just missing the cut: Jacobs, Kuraly, Nieves, Motte,

Goaltenders
John Gibson
Matt Mahalak
No brainer IMO


I personally think it's ridiculous (and way too early to put lines together) so it's just my 22 player roster.

WeissFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 09:58 PM
  #60
Kamzik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,487
vCash: 500
My shot at Team Slovakia:

Forwards:
Richard Mraz - Marko Dano (1994) - Marek Tvrdon
Juraj Bezuch - Bruno Mraz - Denis Hudec
Matej Hindos - Michal Hlinka - Vladimir Dolnik
Martin Reway (1995) - Patrick Koys (1995) - Filip Vasko

Defence:
Martin Gernat - Peter Ceresnak
Karol Korim - Peter Bezuska
Emil Bagin - Patrik Luza

Goaltenders:
Richard Sabol (1994)
Patrick Rybar

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:00 PM
  #61
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
No he isn't. People started spreading that around in his draft year just because he wasn't as strong as other top prospects, but that doesn't mean he's weak.

Hamilton isn't elite defensively, like I said, his defense isn't much better than Murphys. Hamilton doesn't make as many mistakes but the ones he does he's not as good at getting back to fix them as Murphy is. Hamilton has better positioning but as of now the difference isn't substantial. Murphy is a lock to make the team if he's in the OHL next year so it doesn't matter.

Reilly should be a lock to make the team next year as well. Who's going to make it over him that makes him the 7th defensemen? He's one of the best defensemen in this draft class and might have challenged Dumba and Murray for the top defensemen if he was healthy all season. He's a better prospect than Beaulieu.

If Pouliot doesn't make the team, another similar defensemen will in his place. He's not weak defensively anyway.

Lastly, not sure why you think Beaulieu is better than them. If you think he's strong defensively than all the defensive you called "weak" are strong as well, they're every bit as good, and in Murphy/Reillys case, they're better.

Canada took 4 defensemen who are better offensively than defensively last year, but none were weak defensively. So it shouldn't matter this year, all the offensive defensemen who could make the team, are not weak defensively.
Murphy to me is weak defensively. Rielly isn't and pouliot is alright.


Beaulieu is solid defensively, but not strong. Rielly will probably become better in a year, but right now Beaulieu is better.
Murray,Dumba,Ceci,Reinhart,Morrow,Siemens would be over Rielly in my opinion.


Last edited by spfan: 03-25-2012 at 10:08 PM.
spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:13 PM
  #62
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta
 
Faidh ar Rud Eigin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Transcendent
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 16,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
Murphy to me is weak defensively. Rielly isn't and pouliot is alright.


Beaulieu is solid defensively, but not strong. Rielly will probably become better in a year, but right now Beaulieu is better.
Murray,Dumba,Ceci,Reinhart,Morrow,Siems would be over Rielly in my opinion.
Murray almost certainly won't be avaiable. Morrow cannot play. Reilly is stronger than Siemens and unless Ceci someone makes part of his game standout (Right now he's solid at everything great at nothing) he won't make it. Out of the players that will likely be there, only Dumba and Reinhart are better than Reilly, and Reilly might be better than Reinhart.

And you keep saying Murphy is weak defensively but you won't say why. He isn't weak defensively. You clearly need to watch more OHL games, especially his. Murphy plays 30-40 minutes (Every PK, PP, he's out there in the last two minutes to hold a lead and out there to get it) a night for a reason. Murphy has to cut down on his mental mistakes but so does Hamilton (Who you called elite and also has a probelm defensively that could keep him from making the Bruins next season when he absoulutely should).

Beaulieu wasn't any better defensively than Murphy, he made the team last year because unlike Murphy he didn't have to change his playing style at the start of camp to make the team.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:38 PM
  #63
spfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
Murray almost certainly won't be avaiable. Morrow cannot play. Reilly is stronger than Siemens and unless Ceci someone makes part of his game standout (Right now he's solid at everything great at nothing) he won't make it. Out of the players that will likely be there, only Dumba and Reinhart are better than Reilly, and Reilly might be better than Reinhart.

And you keep saying Murphy is weak defensively but you won't say why. He isn't weak defensively. You clearly need to watch more OHL games, especially his. Murphy plays 30-40 minutes (Every PK, PP, he's out there in the last two minutes to hold a lead and out there to get it) a night for a reason. Murphy has to cut down on his mental mistakes but so does Hamilton (Who you called elite and also has a probelm defensively that could keep him from making the Bruins next season when he absoulutely should).

Beaulieu wasn't any better defensively than Murphy, he made the team last year because unlike Murphy he didn't have to change his playing style at the start of camp to make the team.
Murphy controls the game and goes end to end a few times a game, but without the puck he's not so good. I prefer Ryan Ellis to him.

Sorry i forgot Morrow wasn't eligable.

Well honestly the Bruins don't need him, but he likely will play there as he has nothing to prove in the OHL anymore, he's dominated the league.

Beaulieu is better defensively than Murphy, he also has much better size that helps him and will help him transition to the NHL. Murphy had to change his game exactly, because his defense isn't up to par, while the rest were.

spfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:08 PM
  #64
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
They probably won't go that heavy but they'll be leaving too much talent off the board if they run too heavy with NCAA players. Hopefully they're willing to take the best players regardless of where they play but it'll be a heated debate as always. The summer camp roster should give some hints though so I look forward to that.




Not if I'm choosing the team now, no. I wasn't impressed with Biggs at all down the stretch this season in the games I saw. He'll certainly be in the running as his size and physical play would be a nice fit on the bottom of the roster (I kept switching him and Matteau when making my roster guess) but I'd like to see him elevate his consistency and offensive game a bit next year to make his case.

Skjei, I just don't see it. I haven't seen very much of him but when I have the only thing that's really ever jumped out at me is the obvious skating. He looks pretty raw or underdeveloped in the other areas at this stage. He's getting some hype for the upcoming draft but I'm weary about penciling in a guy that's at best the 4th best d-man on his current team behind Trouba, Jones, and Sieloff at least. He'll certainly be at the summer camp but he'll need to impress at the camp and to start his freshman year at the Minnesota to really get himself in play in my mind. And that's possible. Maybe he's just a victim of being stuck behind two world class d-men in Trouba and Jones and will shine outside of their shadow? But I want to see that first.. He reminds me of a less advanced John Moore at this stage and with studs like Trouba, Jones, and Murphy to anchor the d-core, why take a risk on Skjei?
I don't know much about the WJC. The Summer Camp is in August? Skjei will get an invite at least; same with Biggs.

ANd to the roster by Wiess, there are a lot of tiny forwards there that don't play the best defense.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:14 PM
  #65
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeissFC View Post
There's already a couple of threads for this in the International section.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1067349 (USA)
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1073255 (Canada)

Here's my list of guys I put together on the USA thread earlier this month:

Defense
Jacob Trouba
Jake McCabe
Connor Murphy
Seth Jones
Andy Welinski
Dylan Blugus
Cody Corbett
Just missing the cut: Russo, Skjei, Schmaltz, Ebert, Reilly, Sieloff

Forwards
Alex Galchenyuk
J.T. Miller
Rocco Grimaldi
Stefan Noesen
Shane McColgan
Reid Boucher
Johnny Gaudreau
Tyler Biggs
Joe LaBate
Nic Kerdiles
Mario Lucia
Vincent Trocheck
Adam Erne
Just missing the cut: Jacobs, Kuraly, Nieves, Motte,

Goaltenders
John Gibson
Matt Mahalak
No brainer IMO


I personally think it's ridiculous (and way too early to put lines together) so it's just my 22 player roster.
I like this team, ALOT.

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:33 PM
  #66
herbst20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 469
vCash: 500
^^^^^I do too. I am glad to see someone is giving Andy Welinski some love! As I stated earlier I think he his a better D man then Schmaltz and has an absolute rocket of a slap shot.

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 07:51 AM
  #67
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
Tools yeah but it reamins to be seen if he can. I'm sure he will be able to though, he looks like he's 19 when he's playing, I've never seen a kid so young play like he's older than the majority of players in the league like him.

I'm sure it happens a lot in the lower levels before major junior but once you get there theres up to a 4 year age difference, 5 in Ekblads case, he looks like he's 19 or 20. Next year he'll have an even bigger role than his already substantial one this year. We'll see then I guess.

A Barrie fan or Brock (Or any other person who watches the OHL or Ekblad more than I do) should have a more comprehensive answer though. I'd like to see what Brock says about it, haven't seen his opinions on Ekblad for awhile.
Ekblad is a monster, no other way to put it.

He's the most impressive rookie defenseman at both ends of the ice that I've ever seen...and he's a year younger. He has a MASSIVE amount of potential.

Next year is a big one for him, as I want to see how he progresses. As such a big kid, I'm hoping he hasn't plateaued. Sometimes we see these 16 year olds (15 in Ekblad's case), come into the league and fit right in because they've got the size to play right away. Then as the years go on, their development hits a bit of a wall.

While Ekblad is damn impressive, he isn't without his faults. I'd love to see him improve his lateral and backwards skating, as sometimes quicker forwards can surprise him and catch him flat footed. He also needs to work on his ability to move the puck around on the powerplay and do a better job of keeping pucks in the zone. I'd also love to see him take more chances offensively and join the rush more consistently. And of course, with his size, we're going to be looking for increased physical involvement.

If Barrie gets eliminated by Mississauga, I really hope Hockey Canada puts him on the Under 18 team. He's certainly already right up there with some of the other guys available. As for the WJC team next year, I think that might be a bit of a stretch at this point, unless he takes a massive step forward in his development this offseason, which of course is completely possible.

__________________
OHL Prospects Blog - http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/
OHL Prospects on Twitter - @BrockOtten
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:02 AM
  #68
AmericanDream
Puck You
 
AmericanDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I Return to Serenity
Country: United States
Posts: 9,570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
I don't know much about the WJC. The Summer Camp is in August? Skjei will get an invite at least; same with Biggs.

ANd to the roster by Wiess, there are a lot of tiny forwards there that don't play the best defense.
in 2010 we won the Gold with Tyler Johnson, Ryan Bourque, and Jordan Schroeder...all considered smaller players and more offensively skilled then away from the puck. though Johnson played very solid both sides of the puck.

I think there is a lot of beef to go around, so having a few skilled dynamic forwards is a good thing. the only thing imo, is that McColgan and Gaudreau are fighting for the same spot, I dont think both will make it, but thats just my opinion.

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:54 AM
  #69
Joe Hallenback
Registered User
 
Joe Hallenback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,401
vCash: 500
Lowry Strome Rattie
Lessio Schiefele MacKinnion
Puempel McNeil Jenner
Giuseppe Ewanyk Sissons
Lazar/Domi

Harrington Murray
Dumba Reinhart
Siemans Pulock
Reilly

Brossoit
Subban

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:04 AM
  #70
#57
Registered User
 
#57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,772
vCash: 500
There's no way in hell Xavier Ouellet doesn't make it for Team Canada. This year he's on par with Gormley, Gauthier-Leduc and Beaulieu and he's just 18 years old.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:05 AM
  #71
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
in 2010 we won the Gold with Tyler Johnson, Ryan Bourque, and Jordan Schroeder...all considered smaller players and more offensively skilled then away from the puck. though Johnson played very solid both sides of the puck.

I think there is a lot of beef to go around, so having a few skilled dynamic forwards is a good thing. the only thing imo, is that McColgan and Gaudreau are fighting for the same spot, I dont think both will make it, but thats just my opinion.
We aren't going to beat Canada with offense. We are going to beat them with solid play in all zones. We can't have one or two slackers defensively give up that one goal in a 1-1 game. If McColgan, Gaudreau, and other small player (and the players in general can play solid defense and know how to pass than they deserve to be on the team.

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:07 AM
  #72
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
There's no way in hell Xavier Ouellet doesn't make it for Team Canada. This year he's on par with Gormley, Gauthier-Leduc and Beaulieu and he's just 18 years old.
That's what im sayin'. I can't believe some people don't have him on their lists.

Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:13 AM
  #73
Seto
New Jersey 5000
 
Seto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
There's no way in hell Xavier Ouellet doesn't make it for Team Canada. This year he's on par with Gormley, Gauthier-Leduc and Beaulieu and he's just 18 years old.
I agree. He is scoring at an amazing rate and he plays great defense.

Here's my guess for Canada's defense:

Ouellet - Ekblad
Reilly - Hamilton
Siemens - Harrington

Murray, Reinhart, Dumba make the NHL. Hamilton makes the AHL, gets a few call ups but plays in the WJC.

The top fop four is the only thing I'm sure about. There are a lot of players that could take those bottom pairings and maybe replace Ekblad if he lets us down.

Who is USA's offensive defenseman?

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:33 AM
  #74
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,728
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redarmynative View Post
I agree. He is scoring at an amazing rate and he plays great defense.

Here's my guess for Canada's defense:

Ouellet - Ekblad
Reilly - Hamilton
Siemens - Harrington

Murray, Reinhart, Dumba make the NHL. Hamilton makes the AHL, gets a few call ups but plays in the WJC.

The top fop four is the only thing I'm sure about. There are a lot of players that could take those bottom pairings and maybe replace Ekblad if he lets us down.

Who is USA's offensive defenseman?
Hamilton can't make the AHL next season. He's going to be 19 so it's the NHL or the OHL.

SergeConstantin74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:59 AM
  #75
Sticky
JVR-Kadri-Kessel
 
Sticky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Medicine Hat,Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Hunter Shinkaruk????? No one thinks he makes it???

Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.