HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Devils @ Penguins

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2012, 10:34 PM
daveskirtun
:o)

vCash: 920
Devils @ Penguins

ugh...

Old
03-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

vCash: 500
My eyes

Old
03-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Devils Dominion
Spend Harris' $ Lou

Chicago won't be easy at all, especially after losing 6-1 tonight.
Just like Pittsburgh coming off a blowout loss.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Rella17

cant go into the playoffs playing like this

Old
03-25-2012, 10:38 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
larssons like 10 years old. his ****ups are irrelevant to me.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I watched that post game press conference from Pete. He didn't look as bad as people were saying. A little annoyed that's it.

At least he said individual mistakes though, and didn't blame bad bounces, and say the effort was good. I thought the effort was better than the Rangers, but Pete actually said that was a good effort.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:41 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Boy it's gonna feel good to beat the Hawks.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:42 PM
The 29th Pick
Release Space Junk

this team looks like 5 skaters and a goalie on the ice
not a "team"
they need to get their act together...pronto

Old
03-25-2012, 10:43 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Loose butthole

Old
03-25-2012, 10:43 PM
AirheadPete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
Boy it's gonna feel good to beat the Hawks.
agreed! and i'll leave on that note, good night!

Old
03-25-2012, 10:48 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rella17 View Post
cant go into the playoffs playing like this
Who says we're going to the playoffs? Six (really five) points up is not in the clear by any means. Not when Washington and Buffalo are both streaking while we're getting utterly careless.

Quote:
Chicago won't be easy at all, especially after losing 6-1 tonight.
Just like Pittsburgh coming off a blowout loss.
Why the **** can't we 'not be easy' coming off a blowout loss? God, I can't stand this team sometimes.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:52 PM
hockeyr5

vCash: 891
Why is Chicago going to be hard because they lost? Well guess what we lost too so why doesn't anyone ever say oh we will blowout Chicago?

Because we will.

Old
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Who says we're going to the playoffs? Six (really five) points up is not in the clear by any means. Not when Washington and Buffalo are both streaking while we're getting utterly careless.

Why the **** can't we 'not be easy' coming off a blowout loss? God, I can't stand this team sometimes.
We usually don't have blowout losses though! One goal losses are good! It's only one goal! I mean we played great against Toronto!

Glad to see I'm rubbing off on people. A week ago I was the only one publicly questioning here if Buffalo, and Washington could possibly pass the Devils. It's looking like it could happen. Still not likely, but we have the Hawks, and CHUMP teams that SUCK like Tampa Bay, and Mac LOSER's team who constantly gives us problems. I don't know if the team can show up for those games. Probably won't take them seriously cause they suck.

Old
Rella17

we have some very winnable games left, if we dont make the playoffs with a 6 point lead with 6 games left then this team deserves to be sent to the AHL.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rella17 View Post
we have some very winnable games left, if we dont make the playoffs with a 6 point lead with 6 games left then this team deserves to be sent to the AHL.
Like I said if we miss the playoffs this close we are a bigger joke than the Minnesota Wild who had the Western Conference lead, and are fighting to not finish 14th now.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Parise9Crosby87

i really wanted this game we suck lately and it's not good way to go into playoffs

Old
03-25-2012, 10:58 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

We're not only relying on our team to win games.

Florida, Ottawa, Washington, Buffalo and Winnipeg need to keep up the pace they've set for themselves in order to solidify their playoff position. They're in a tougher position than the Devils right now. The situation is not as dire as it seems.

As a team, there were two big issues they were having.
1. Driving the net
2. Tightening up the blueline

And in the past few games, we've really seen those things being tweaked.
These losses are not on the team anymore, you can literally point to individual errors that lead to goals against and missed opportunities. The effort is there, whereas it wasn't against Philly or the last Pittsburgh game.
The team has found the place they need to be in, they just need the last few players to come on board and stop those moments of mental stupidity.
This team is assembling into something great, I think.

We've been spoiled with a lot of teams solid from the get go, but this is a team that game by game is building on itself to become something great. I still feel good. I'm not typically an optimist, but I feel good.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Rella17

i think everyone just needs to take a deep breath. yes we've been struggling but outside of the Toronto game we've lost to who? the Rags and Pens. theres not much that we can complain about there. not like we're losing to Columbus or Montreal on a nightly basis. obviously its no excuse for playing poorly but i think some people are hitting the panic button a bit too soon.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:11 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
How in the bloody hell did kovy not finish that second chance in the third?

Zajac looked awesome. Could've easily had a goal and two helpers...plus that great pass from the corner he gave zpar.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
We're not only relying on our team to win games.

Florida, Ottawa, Washington, Buffalo and Winnipeg need to keep up the pace they've set for themselves in order to solidify their playoff position. They're in a tougher position than the Devils right now. The situation is not as dire as it seems.

As a team, there were two big issues they were having.
1. Driving the net
2. Tightening up the blueline

And in the past few games, we've really seen those things being tweaked.
These losses are not on the team anymore, you can literally point to individual errors that lead to goals against and missed opportunities. The effort is there, whereas it wasn't against Philly or the last Pittsburgh game.
The team has found the place they need to be in, they just need the last few players to come on board and stop those moments of mental stupidity.
This team is assembling into something great, I think.

We've been spoiled with a lot of teams solid from the get go, but this is a team that game by game is building on itself to become something great. I still feel good. I'm not typically an optimist, but I feel good
What is concerning to me is that a lot of the issues we're seeing now were pretty much curbed after the new year and especially the allstar break. NJ's game was cleaned up considerably and they took off as a result. We're not seeing that as much anymore and the results clearly show it.

I've felt all year long that one of the biggest obstacles the Devils have in front of them is actually themselves. There are some great pieces on this roster and it has a lot of depth. But do they have mental fortitude to play at a high level consistently in tight games against good teams?

I just don't know if they're going to be able to completely figure it out. I mean they have at times, but it's just not as consistent as you would hope for and that is a sign of a team that just isn't quite there yet. I really believed they were getting there up until the last couple weeks but I'd be lying if I said the constant losses to the East's playoff threats hasn't left me discouraged. There is not much time, as far as this season is concerned, to figure things out.

You take away the really stupid errors on their part tonight, and they actually did a lot of good things out there. Very frustrating to say the least. The score tonight was in no way a reflection of what they were able to accomplish in Pitt's defensive zone. The Penguins just made NJ pay on nearly every single mistake they made, and they made far too many.

Last edited by Sir Fenwick Corsi: 03-25-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old
03-25-2012, 11:23 PM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

People freaking out about us maybe missing the playoffs.... Haha, there is only 1 team on the outside looking to make a push and the would have to pass a heck of a lot of teams to push us out. I know we are playing terrible, but people... calm down!

Old
03-25-2012, 11:23 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
What is concerning to me is that a lot of the issues we're seeing now were pretty much curbed after the new year and especially the allstar break. NJ's game was cleaned up considerably and they took off as a result. We're not seeing that as much anymore and the results clearly show it.
After the ASB, I'm going to say that Devils were absolutely the most underrated team in the league. And it helped them out a lot. A lot of teams are unfamiliar with this new system they play and they downplayed the star power of some of the players.

The Devils were still in the "pass first, shoot later" mentality that they were in during this funk. But they were getting away with it. I even remember Chico mentioning a couple of times how easily they were finding these great passing lanes to set up scoring chances.

Because they were getting away with these pretty cross-ice passes, they stopped going to the net. Stopped trying to cash in on those dirty goals and juicy rebounds because they thought they could keep succeeding without adjusting their play at all.

They learned that lesson the hard way, and there has been a definite difference. You see more and more Devils get in front of the opposing goalie over the past few games.

...now Kovy just needs to not whiff on an open net

I think they're learning and it's showing, but I want to give them one more benefit of the doubt because they just entered this game with an entire line shake up, top to bottom.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I just wish this team would turn it around. They're almost standing on a playoff clinching spot. It's so close right now.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:33 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Parisalchuk View Post
People freaking out about us maybe missing the playoffs.... Haha, there is only 1 team on the outside looking to make a push and the would have to pass a heck of a lot of teams to push us out. I know we are playing terrible, but people... calm down!
It got from like ten to six in no time at all...if it gets to four, then it's going to start getting mental. They'll be going from lah-de-dahing around to panicking.

Quote:
I just wish this team would turn it around. They're almost standing on a playoff clinching spot. It's so close right now.
Seriously...they just need like two wins this week to end it for good, but after what I've seen the last two weeks I'm paranoid they'll go no better than 1-1-1 in that Tampa/Carolina/Isles stretch since it's like pulling teeth for us to beat the bad teams, and we probably aren't beating Detroit. If we don't win Tuesday, there could be trouble brewing.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I know tell me about it.

This is what I'm saying! They don't show up for the bad teams. They fell asleep against Tampa Bay last time, Mac Loser's team got the best of them, and Kovy put it into his own net last game there, the Isles eh. Win some, lose some there.

They showed up with Toronto, but they got so comfortable in their own zone DARING Toronto to score, and they did! 3 times!

Let's get serious.

There is a 95% chance we beat Tampa Bay, and Carolina if we showed up, and gave 100% effort.

I'm not saying shutout, massacre, a beating, just a win.

Closed Thread