Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Saskatchewan Minor Hockey Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2012, 07:58 AM
dickiedunnwrotethis

vCash: 500
Maniacs 4 Stallions 3

Maniacs get winner in 3 on 3 overtime. Best non-tournament game i've seen this year. Stand-outs at forward: Sloboshan and Elder. Defense: Olson and Constant.

Old
03-08-2012, 02:29 PM
PokeCheck101

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenwatching View Post
I see Prince Albert is not going to go away quietly. I was unable to make the game in P.A. can anyone who was there give some insight on how things played out. I would have bet a toonie that Sask Valley was going to finish this in two games. Will this be another upset under P.A.'s belt, or will Sask Valley come out hungrier than ever? Thoughts?
I've heard Anholt has took over behind bench in PA... Just what I've heard. Change of attitude?

Old
03-08-2012, 11:49 PM
dickiedunnwrotethis

gshl scores

Maniacs 3 Stallions 4

Another game that gets decided in 3 on 3 overtime. Nearly a spectacular comeback by the Maniacs as they overcame a 3 goal deficit six minutes into the first period to make a game of it. Special mention has to go to Pongracz who only allowed the one goal in overtime and who shut the Stallions out in a one-sided second period. Again, Sloboshan and Elder were the strongest forwards.

Outlaws 2 Bandits 1

Close checking affair hi-lighted by some stellar netminding by Outlaws goaltender Thiel. Strongest player on the ice was Perillat, who was a beast at both ends of the rink. Good game by Hobbs in a losing effort.

Old
03-12-2012, 09:48 AM
SaskRinkRat

Has anyone heard any rumours or talk about what the GSHL might be doing for next year?

Old
03-12-2012, 07:14 PM
PokeCheck101

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskRinkRat View Post
Has anyone heard any rumours or talk about what the GSHL might be doing for next year?
Leaning toward entering SBAAHL... Just what I've heard....

Old
03-15-2012, 10:52 AM
mrbodangles

SV vs NE

8 power plays for SV & 1 for N E .For a gm this important i'm
surprised the reffing wasn't more 1 sided in Warman .

Old
03-15-2012, 11:02 AM
mrbodangles

Quote:
GSHL will not be satisfied unless the SBAAHL agrees to play all
gms home & away in Stoon .Sbaahl teams will be required to play
with 6 skaters & no goalie .

Old
03-15-2012, 12:25 PM
SaskRinkRat

Saw this on the GSHL website today....

The GSHL and the SBAAHL! - Thank you to everyone who participated in this years survey - It was a majority vote again to remain status quo and play in the GSHL!

Old
03-16-2012, 12:04 AM
PokeCheck101

Quote:
Saw this on the GSHL website today....

The GSHL and the SBAAHL! - Thank you to everyone who participated in this years survey - It was a majority vote again to remain status quo and play in the GSHL!
Who tallied the votes? Hmmm

Old
03-16-2012, 09:56 AM
coach kleats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeCheck101 View Post
Who tallied the votes? Hmmm
???

I think if you read the info that the SMHA execs put out it seemed like they were trying to push the voters towards joining the league. From talking to a few parents it still seemed like the majority of people did not want to join the SBAAHL although i am guessing that the vote wasn't quite as one sided as it was before.

As for the disdain towards Stoon for not joining the league i don't quite understand it. The only reason to join would be so they can participate in provincials but under the current format it is unlikely that any Stoon team will win. On the flip side there are multiple reasons for them not to join the league. Travel, cost, development, time commitment, etc.

Old
03-16-2012, 05:54 PM
dickiedunnwrotethis

Pretty good read on the situation, Coach.

From the sentiment i was hearing, i thought it might pass by a slim margin. But i'm not surprised it didn't. Seems to me that Saskatoon made a pretty rational choice: choosing less cost and time commitments in a system that isn't broken (i.e., a competitive league that produces elite players) instead of pursuing the Holy Grail of getting stomped on by BC and Alberta at Westerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach kleats View Post
???

I think if you read the info that the SMHA execs put out it seemed like they were trying to push the voters towards joining the league. From talking to a few parents it still seemed like the majority of people did not want to join the SBAAHL although i am guessing that the vote wasn't quite as one sided as it was before.

As for the disdain towards Stoon for not joining the league i don't quite understand it. The only reason to join would be so they can participate in provincials but under the current format it is unlikely that any Stoon team will win. On the flip side there are multiple reasons for them not to join the league. Travel, cost, development, time commitment, etc.

Old
03-18-2012, 12:06 PM
PokeCheck101

Vipers win game two 5-3.... She's going down to the wire. Too close to call and home ice doesn't seem to matter now. Vipers 3 for 7 on PP, NE 2 for 7... Shots even up at 31.... Game three should be a beauty.

Any thoughts on how this plays out for the Prairie Storm? Either way, the Storm will have their hands full and it seems like they've had a little easier road to the final.

Old
03-22-2012, 08:39 AM
mrbodangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeCheck101 View Post
Vipers win game two 5-3.... She's going down to the wire. Too close to call and home ice doesn't seem to matter now. Vipers 3 for 7 on PP, NE 2 for 7... Shots even up at 31.... Game three should be a beauty.

Any thoughts on how this plays out for the Prairie Storm? Either way, the Storm will have their hands full and it seems like they've had a little easier road to the final.
How did the Storm & North East match up in previous gms ?

Old
03-22-2012, 11:48 AM
TotalOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbodangles View Post
How did the Storm & North East match up in previous gms ?
The only meeting between the Wolfpack and Prairie Storm was a tournament meeting in Regina. I believe the Wolfpack won 2-1.

Old
03-25-2012, 03:14 PM
hockeylocker

Another 2-1 score between the two top teams in Saskatchewan (yes, even though I had Sask Valley at the beginning of the year). This time Storm wins. Game 2 tonight in Melfort. I am predicting a North East win on their home ice .

Old
03-25-2012, 11:25 PM
WesternEliteHockeyPr

North East did in fact win, 3-2. They built up a 3-0 lead after 2 and hung on for the win.

A 3rd and deciding game is forced to see who will join BWC, Pembina Valley, Spruce Grove and Edmonton SSAC at westerns in Stony Plain, AB from April 5-8.

Old
03-26-2012, 03:00 PM
mrbodangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternEliteHockeyPr View Post
North East did in fact win, 3-2. They built up a 3-0 lead after 2 and hung on for the win.

A 3rd and deciding game is forced to see who will join BWC, Pembina Valley, Spruce Grove and Edmonton SSAC at westerns in Stony Plain, AB from April 5-8.
I thought North East out worked the Storm . No stars on the N E
but they work hard . Halbgewachs is a treat to watch .sees the ice
well & is poised .

Old
04-01-2012, 10:56 PM
mrbodangles

North East

Congrats to the North East Wolfpack prov champs .
Out worked the Storm & decided the outcome .

Old
04-02-2012, 07:23 PM
beenwatching

Congrats to the North East Wolfpack on winning the league and provincials. I think Prairie Storms record was due to playing in the south. If they had played the in the north against the Wolfpack, Sask Valley, Battleford, and West Central they would not have had the record that they did. Prairie Storm was a good team, but much like Sask. Valley relied on a couple of key players to win. A team like that will never prevail over a talented team that can play 3 lines. Wolfpack proved it not once but twice in the playoffs eliminating both Sask. Valley and Prairie Storm. The Wolfpack will be a great representitive for Saskatchewan and give the province the best chance to win at that level. Good Luck Wolfpack.

I have watched some great bantam hockey this year in Saskatchewan. There has been some classic games that will be hard to beat for a long time. hopefully next year will be more of the same.

Old
04-06-2012, 11:16 AM
PokeCheck101

Agree totally. NE runs all lines. Now that's hard to beat if you're running the pants off your top 5 frwds and top 3 D... Heard some of SV players hardly saw the ice down the stretch. Not going to be successful that way....

Old
04-11-2012, 03:34 PM
nosoup

"Heard some of SV players hardly saw the ice down the stretch. Not going to be successful that way...."

" A team like that will never prevail over a talented team that can play 3 lines."

I'd like to point out that SV very nearly did "prevail" with game 3 going into double overtime, without the league leading scorer for the last 5 1/2 periods of the series including ot . Not quite as cut and dry as you two are making it out to be...

Last edited by nosoup: 04-11-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old
04-11-2012, 09:33 PM
PokeCheck101

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoup View Post
"Heard some of SV players hardly saw the ice down the stretch. Not going to be successful that way...."

" A team like that will never prevail over a talented team that can play 3 lines."

I'd like to point out that SV very nearly did "prevail" with game 3 going into double overtime, without the league leading scorer for the last 5 1/2 periods of the series including ot . Not quite as cut and dry as you two are making it out to be...
And how did SV do out in Kamloops?

"Cut and dry"(?).... Not a big fan of running a bench as short as what I've seen SV down the stretch. Yes, top scorer out and others get opportunity to shine, amazing heh? Congrats to NE for running the bench right through.

Old
04-12-2012, 08:54 AM
beenwatching

I'm not saying Sask. Valley was a bad team at all. In fact without Draude in the final game all of the rest of the players stepped it up. But there talent was spread through a few very good players. N.E. talent was spread a little more evenly throughout the team, and a team like that is hard to beat in long run. You are right nosoup they "nearly did" succeed, but they didn't, and I don't think having draude in the lineup would have made much of a difference. Some of the players that were called upon to step up wouldn't have been given the chance. Needing one player in the line-up to win does not make a good team. A good team steps up and pulls together as a team. Did N.E. not play the league final without their top D man? Yet they pulled together as a team and held Prairie Storm to 1 goal. That is the sign of a winning team.

All in all though it was a great year of hockey. Congrats SBAAHL players, coaches, parents, and fans.

Old
04-12-2012, 10:15 AM
nosoup

"And how did SV do out in Kamloops?"

Quite good thanks for asking, they lost to some elite teams POE, NSWC was a great game at 3-2 until a final minute EN goal, Seattle could have gone either way, there was some controversy with them as they "picked up" players including Van snaak to supplement their team. They beat Airdrie which went to the final 4 in the Alberta AAA league and westside a AA team that had lost less than 2 games all year up until this tournament. No embarrassment the kids and parents handled themselves with class.

How did NE do at westerns? did they take their garbage cans to bang behind the opposition bench all game? classy...

"I don't think having draude in the lineup would have made much of a difference"

I think we will have to disagree on that point.

"Needing one player in the line-up to win does not make a good team"

Need more than one player to win of course, i can only assume you are being facetious, but the league leading scorer likely would have had an impact on that game, deny if you wish...

Old
04-12-2012, 10:24 AM
nosoup

For you poke check:

cut-and-dried (ktn-drd) also cut-and-dry (-dr)
adj.
1. Prepared and arranged in advance; settled.
2. Ordinary; routine: cut-and-dried dialogue.

Closed Thread