HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils @ Penguins

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2012, 11:37 PM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post

I think they're learning and it's showing, but I want to give them one more benefit of the doubt because they just entered this game with an entire line shake up, top to bottom.
I thought all of your other points were solid but this stuck out to me. It's fair to say that not enough credit is given to how much of a change was made to the roster the last couple of days. While this is probably more of what the team was envisioning in the first place, Zajac was out so damn long that what we're seeing now was never an option. It's really amazing how much of a difference his addition makes now that Lou also found away to add depth such as Poni, Carter and Bernier. There were clear glimpses tonight of what kind of 4 line attack NJ will be able to roll out and it looked pretty damn good.

Fayne's dead to rights move at the red line on goal #2 is the type of **** that needs to go asap. When they limit their mistakes, they have shown that they are a difficult team to play against and beat.

We'll see I guess. Trying to stay optimistic but it's not easy sometimes.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:37 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Other positives to take from this game:

-Zajac looked great and he should be a real asset in the playoffs when he's needed most
-This team was not horrific in faceoffs tonight
-This team is not being embarrassingly outshot anymore
-All 4 lines were able to maintain multiple shifts of sustained pressure on the most offensively aggressive team in the league right now
-Greene and that hit on Crosby. Zubrus luring several players to try and put a hit on him, only to wind up making a fool of themselves. If they keep up with the physical play like that... perhaps Janssen and Boulton will never be needed ever again.

Probably not enough to back some people off the ledge right now, but thought I'd give it a shot!

Old
03-25-2012, 11:40 PM
None Shall Pass
Cory Stops All

Fayne had a bad game, Zidlicky had a very bad game, and those first two goals were stupid. Marty never should have let in the second one (a floater over his shoulder???) and the first one was just an epic fail. No biggie, team looked good. TravTrav, the bawssss

Old
03-25-2012, 11:42 PM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

I did LOVE Greene hitting Crosby. Absolutely LOVED it. Not because I hate Crosby. I just feel people aren't treating him as fair game. It's like people are treating him like he's a child, or a woman.

He aint off limits. If we can't put clean legal hits on him, and if he can't take clean legal hits, than his doctor shouldn't have cleared him in the first place. Obviously he shouldn't be playing right now.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:42 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
When they limit their mistakes, they have shown that they are a difficult team to play against and beat.

We'll see I guess. Trying to stay optimistic but it's not easy sometimes.
This is the point I'm essentially trying to make. They're not messing up as a team anymore, but it's the individual mistakes that are killing them. Those are very, very easy to correct though. That's what keeps me optimistic.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:44 PM
JimEIV

I like seafood. Are Penguins seafood?

Old
03-25-2012, 11:50 PM
thecoffeecake

When Zidlicky came over, we heard the same old spiel, oh the rosters shaken up, give it time to gel. I'm sick of the excuses, and I'm sick of being embarrassed by every decent team in the league. I like DeBoer, but we all know this is Lou's favorite time to make a coaching change, and with the team playing like this, it wouldn't shock me one bit. If Brodeur cant get his **** together, hand him a camera. Hedberg plays well and plays his heart out day in and day out. Marty needs to be earning that spot, not coming and going as he pleases. If I'm DeBoer or Lou, I have a sit down with him, and draw a pretty picture that says that

Old
03-25-2012, 11:51 PM
CerebralGenesis

The D is as pathetic as I feared they could be. Yuck.

Glad to see Clarkson's luck has run out and he has returned to puck possession and no shots or passes. Yes shooting the puck and hoping to surprise the goalie with a bad goal is luck.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:51 PM
None Shall Pass
Cory Stops All

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
I like seafood. Are Penguins seafood?
I made stuffed flounder for dinner during the game, speaking of which. The recipe is great. I'll post it here since I'm bored.

Sautee 6 strips bacon. Remove bacon from grease, sautee 2 shallots and 4 cloves garlic in bacon grease. Reduce with 1/4 cup white wine for 5 min, add 1 tbspn butter, 1/4 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup asiago cheese, 1 cup loose shredded raw spinach, set aside to congeal. When cooled add 1 to 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs (enough to make semi firm) and chopped bacon, hand form into shape and stuff/roll/top with flounder. Pour a tablespoon melted butter over top and sprinkle with paprika, oregano and cheese. Bake at 340 for 15-20 minutes. It's heavy but fish is never really filling so it's a welcome change.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:54 PM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by None Shall Pass View Post
I made stuffed flounder for dinner during the game, speaking of which. The recipe is great. I'll post it here since I'm bored.

Sautee 6 strips bacon. Remove bacon from grease, sautee 2 shallots and 4 cloves garlic in bacon grease. Reduce with 1/4 cup white wine for 5 min, add 1 tbspn butter, 1/4 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup asiago cheese, 1 cup loose shredded raw spinach, set aside to congeal. When cooled add 1 to 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs (enough to make semi firm) and chopped bacon, hand form into shape and stuff/roll/top with flounder. Pour a tablespoon melted butter over top and sprinkle with paprika, oregano and cheese. Bake at 340 for 15-20 minutes. It's heavy but fish is never really filling so it's a welcome change.
Sounds good. Thanks for that I might just have to try this out!

Old
03-25-2012, 11:54 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
I have no friggin idea why fayne would pinch in that situation. Stupid individual mistakes tonight cost them...

Old
03-25-2012, 11:56 PM
CerebralGenesis

Individual mistakes will probably happen again in the playoffs once the intensity and gravity of the situation kick in and lack of ability and awareness kick in and goals against pile up. Classic post lockout devils.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:57 PM
JimEIV

It's like my recipe for shad.

Take two cedar plakes. Soak them in water for 24 hours.

Take one filet of shad brush butter, garlic and oregano on the filet.

Place the filet between the the two cedar planks and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Remove from oven wait 10 minutes to cool.

When cooled throw out the filet and eat the cedar planks.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

Wasn't it also Fayne who caused a Malkin breakaway which went way wide about 13 seconds left in the 1st?

I doubt Lou will fire Pete right now.

Claude Julien there was definitely an ulterior motive there. Some have speculated he had wanted Sutter for a while, knew Sutter would be available for the next season, and canned Julien right before the playoffs so it wouldn't look bad if they fired him after the playoffs had Julien made a deep run with the team. I don't know, but I could definitely see that as a possibility.

Robbie Ftorek who knows? A lot of antics like throwing the bench, and tantrums is what probably cost him his job.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:59 PM
CerebralGenesis

I made my own chicken pot pie the other day. Damn was that good eats. Homemade from scratch except the pie shell. But I ain't for that walk. I need a woman that can make me good quick meals in a snap of my fingers. No offense to anyone that took offense to that.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:06 AM
Sir Fenwick Corsi
N U M B E R S

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
Individual mistakes will probably happen again in the playoffs once the intensity and gravity of the situation kick in and lack of ability and awareness kick in and goals against pile up. Classic post lockout devils.
Or, maybe NJ will spend a decent amount of time in the opposition's defensive zone so that some pressure will be taken off the defense unlike in past years. They have shown the ability to do this.

I'd worry more about the D if our forwards were garbage. They may have an uncanny ability to botch plays on wide open nets, but they have been pretty good for the most part. Plus, The D has shown that they can get the puck to the forwards. That was a major reason for the issues they had in prior years. They just have to crash the net and make sure to develop a presence down low. If they do that, they'll be successful.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:08 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

The only consolation from this loss is the effect it has on the Rags and all the ******** Rags fans probably upset with us that the Team lost and allowed 2 more points to the Pens.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Devilswede

I saw this coming weeks ago and it was inevitable with the way they were/are playing. The playoffs are in serious jeopardy now IMO. Six points to get is a lot with the way this team is playing.

Old
03-26-2012, 01:07 AM
HeliDevil
Ride the Schneid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
I saw this coming weeks ago and it was inevitable with the way they were/are playing. The playoffs are in serious jeopardy now IMO. Six points to get is a lot with the way this team is playing.
we would only need six points if buffalo or washington win all of their remaining games which is highly unlikely. i'm not thrilled about our recent play but it's very likely we'll be in the playoffs.

Old
03-26-2012, 01:20 AM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

Playoffs in serious jeopardy? lol

BUffalo and Washington if they win out we need only 6 points and they are going to play against each other so calm your ******* they are making the playoffs

They need to get their **** together but honestly did you actually think we would beat the Pens?

Last edited by EliasR8: 03-26-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Old
03-26-2012, 02:05 AM
kiwidevil

Guys. He saw this coming.

Should have known. Jeez.

Old
03-26-2012, 02:10 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post

Should have known. Jeez.
Why even watch? We should just ask him who's going to win on Tuesday. Save me the 3 hours that I could be using to fap.

Old
03-26-2012, 02:29 AM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Why even watch? We should just ask him who's going to win on Tuesday. Save me the 3 hours that I could be using to fap.
seemslegit.jpg

As for Tuesday's game...

Shutout.

Old
03-26-2012, 05:00 AM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
It's like my recipe for shad.

Take two cedar plakes. Soak them in water for 24 hours.

Take one filet of shad brush butter, garlic and oregano on the filet.

Place the filet between the the two cedar planks and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Remove from oven wait 10 minutes to cool.

When cooled throw out the filet and eat the cedar planks.
Yup that's the same way you cook Bluefish caught over 8lbs

Old
03-26-2012, 05:55 AM
EliasR8
Brendan Shanahan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post

Should have known. Jeez.
You know what I mean you cant be really that upset losing to the best team in hockey after they are coming off one of their worst losses of the season.

Closed Thread