HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Springfield Falcons/Evansville Icemen Thread III (All Affiliate talk here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2012, 10:32 AM
  #301
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
I remember the year when Brassard played in the AHL and no one would mess with the Crunch cause they had tremendous group of tough guys. And the Jackets were successful in developing that type of players.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...005082008.html

Dorsette - 289 PIM in 64 games - in the NHL now.
Sestito - 202 PIM in 66 games - in the NHL with Philly.
Konopka - 194 PIM in 62 games - in the NHL with Ottawa.
Mirasty - 181 PIM in 55 games - in the KHL.
Methot - 130 PIM in 66 games - in the NHl.
Rome - 126 PIM in 41 game - in the NHL with Vancouver.

6 PIM leaders from that season have made it to the highest level. Not so bad for the team that can't develop players.

Riley does not play 2 of our tougher players in Tim Spencer and Aaron Bogosian most games. Spencer played last night, fought and the guys face is very bad, broken nose as well. Our normal roster guys that can fight are Amadio and Byers. Byers has not fought or even shown any want to in awhile. Amadio will drop the gloves when needed and is always standing up for teammates. The guys is a beast. None are guys that the Jackets have developed, but they can do the job well.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 07:40 PM
  #302
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Just a quick in game update. Tomas Kubalik is out with an upper body injury in the 1st period.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 07:57 PM
  #303
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 6,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
Riley does not play 2 of our tougher players in Tim Spencer and Aaron Bogosian most games. Spencer played last night, fought and the guys face is very bad, broken nose as well. Our normal roster guys that can fight are Amadio and Byers. Byers has not fought or even shown any want to in awhile. Amadio will drop the gloves when needed and is always standing up for teammates. The guys is a beast. None are guys that the Jackets have developed, but they can do the job well.
Dalton Smith may be there next year.

Waste of a 2nd round pick IMO but he's got size and the ability to fight.

Crede777 is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 08:54 PM
  #304
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl2748 View Post
Just a quick in game update. Tomas Kubalik is out with an upper body injury in the 1st period.
Not the season I envisioned for him AT ALL. Of course, that applies to a LOT of guys in this org.

leesmith is offline  
Old
03-25-2012, 10:01 PM
  #305
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
The Falcons went 1-2 this weekend and were lucky that Bridgeport was playing as weak as them Friday night to get the win in the SO. A bad effort by most of the team. The only truly good line for the Falcons is the Calvert, Draz, MacLeod line. Amadio is solid on D. Dainton had a decent night Friday, did not steal the game but was good enough to win.

A couple of injuries from the weekend.
Tomas Kubalik injured Saturday, didn't play today. I have not received info yet on the injury (upper body) and how severe it is.

Greg Amadio was injured today and I also have to info yet on him. It must be pretty bad, as Greg does not leave the game for small injuries. He plays injured all the time.


Say a few prayers to the hockey gods that both are not badly injured, Kubalik has had enough injuries this season and Amadio plays with such heart, I hate to see him injured.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
03-25-2012, 11:45 PM
  #306
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,738
vCash: 500
Not looking good for the Falcons. Doesn't help we took two of their top defenseman, goalie, and top goal scorer.

CBJBrassard16 is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 12:13 AM
  #307
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Not looking good for the Falcons. Doesn't help we took two of their top defenseman, goalie, and top goal scorer.
Call ups and injuries have killed us. I have given up on having any sort of line-up we should have had. As for the goalie, if it's York, I don't really want him. Iffy season (understandable with lack of actual game time) even in the ECHL. Dainton's good. I will take Cam though and Russell.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 06:37 AM
  #308
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
I remember the year when Brassard played in the AHL and no one would mess with the Crunch cause they had tremendous group of tough guys. And the Jackets were successful in developing that type of players.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...005082008.html

Dorsette - 289 PIM in 64 games - in the NHL now.
Sestito - 202 PIM in 66 games - in the NHL with Philly.
Konopka - 194 PIM in 62 games - in the NHL with Ottawa.
Mirasty - 181 PIM in 55 games - in the KHL.
Methot - 130 PIM in 66 games - in the NHl.
Rome - 126 PIM in 41 game - in the NHL with Vancouver.



6 PIM leaders from that season have made it to the highest level. Not so bad for the team that can't develop players.
If we keep that up we could become the Nationwide Blvd (k)Nockouts and not to nitpick but the KHL and the Blue Jackets
are not considered by most to be the highest level.

EspenK is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 08:16 PM
  #309
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Tomas Kubalik's injury is a separated shoulder. He's having surgery and is out for the season.

Greg Amadio has a dislocated finger. Happened on a shot block. If he can play this weekend, he will.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 06:59 AM
  #310
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor
 
scoob4093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Springfield Ma.
Posts: 863
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Falcons are toast. 5 points out of a playoff spot with 8 games to go. They would have to pass 5 teams to get there as they sit in 13th place in their Conference and the 14th place team Worcester has 2 games in hand on them. They will break their own record of futility with 9 straight seasons of not making the playoffs. OTOH there's always next year.

scoob4093 is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 08:01 AM
  #311
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?
 
Dr. Fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacketstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 6,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob4093 View Post
Falcons are toast. 5 points out of a playoff spot with 8 games to go. They would have to pass 5 teams to get there as they sit in 13th place in their Conference and the 14th place team Worcester has 2 games in hand on them. They will break their own record of futility with 9 straight seasons of not making the playoffs. OTOH there's always next year.
Sorry to hear that. Was hoping that they would make it. At least you were in the hunt to the end.

Injuries in Columbus never really allowed Springy to play with a consistent roster all year.

Hopefully, things go better next season for both teams.

Dr. Fire is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 02:10 PM
  #312
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 21,315
vCash: 1
Express are still a playoff bubble team though, thankfully. Unless something changes, I should be going to their final home game of the year tomorrow, so hopefully they bring it big.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
03-29-2012, 03:02 PM
  #313
JacketsFanWest
Registered User
 
JacketsFanWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,685
vCash: 500
Some help headed to Springfield:

Quote:
Shawn Mitchell ‏ @smitchcd

Sean Collins agreed to ATO with Springfield and will join the Falcons immediately. His #CBJ contract begins next season.
http://twitter.com/#!/smitchcd/statu...50927522717696

JacketsFanWest is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 08:30 AM
  #314
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Trent Volgelhuber signed an ATO with the Falcons yesterday. Hopeful that him and Collins make their debuts this weekend. A 3 in 3 this weekend again. @Bridgeport tonight, v.s. Providence Sat. and @Worcester Sun. I should be live tweeting at all 3 games.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
03-31-2012, 09:31 AM
  #315
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Falcons lost 6-2 to Bridgeport last night. Awful team effort. Sean Collins made his debut, did not get a ton of ice time and did not stand out on the good or bad side which is considered a win in last nights game.

The Falcons signed d-man Daniel New to an ATO today. He played his college hockey at Providence College.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
04-01-2012, 03:24 PM
  #316
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 21,315
vCash: 1
Express finished in 9th, so sadly their season's over.

Here's hoping I still live in the area and can catch their next season!

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 03:26 PM
  #317
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
The falcons won on Saturday and Sunday to go 2-1 on the weekend. Manny Legace was back in the goal for the Falcons both games.

today the Falcons played the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at 11am in Bridgeport. The Falcons had 2 bad periods (1 and 2) and a late goal by the Tigers killed the Falcons as they lost 3-2.

Injury updates.

Matt Calvert is out indefinitely with a foot injury on a blocked shot.

Wade MacLeod and Alex Groux scored for the Falcons today and Manny Legace was in goal. All 3 goals were not good goals on Legace.

And to the info you all want. Boone Jenner made his AHL debut today. 4th line duty (Riley sucks) and 2 shifts total I think it was. Good speed, is all over the ice and shows good defensive ability as a forward. Sucks we cannot keep him next season and it is NHL or OHL.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 05:05 PM
  #318
JacketsFanWest
Registered User
 
JacketsFanWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,685
vCash: 500
Savard got into a fight with Mike Halmo - the guy who hit Yakupov.

JacketsFanWest is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 06:37 PM
  #319
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 11,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
Savard got into a fight with Mike Halmo - the guy who hit Yakupov.
Did he win?

CBJBrassard16 is offline  
Old
04-04-2012, 08:26 PM
  #320
JacketsFanWest
Registered User
 
JacketsFanWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Did he win?

JacketsFanWest is offline  
Old
04-05-2012, 05:48 AM
  #321
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Did he win?
Nope.

pete goegan is offline  
Old
04-05-2012, 09:33 AM
  #322
IceCapsFanNL
Registered User
 
IceCapsFanNL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
IceCaps fan coming in peace.

I have tickets for Saturday's game against the Falcons. Who are the prospects I should be looking out for in the game?

From what I gather the Falcons have some injury woes, but we might have more giving the Falcons a pretty good chance this weekend.

IceCapsFanNL is offline  
Old
04-05-2012, 11:01 AM
  #323
Xoggz22
Registered User
 
Xoggz22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCapsFanNL View Post
IceCaps fan coming in peace.

I have tickets for Saturday's game against the Falcons. Who are the prospects I should be looking out for in the game?

From what I gather the Falcons have some injury woes, but we might have more giving the Falcons a pretty good chance this weekend.
With the recent injuries I'm not sure who's even playing but in the event they are....

Boone Jenner (2nd Rd pick 2011)
Matt Calvert (F)
David Savard (D)
Tomas Kubalik (F)
Cody Goloubef (D)

Those are the "higher" profile prospects I can think of. I'm interested in Anton Blomqvist (D) but he's a shutdown guy that may or may not be noticable....

Xoggz22 is offline  
Old
04-05-2012, 11:13 AM
  #324
Hockeygirl2748
Registered User
 
Hockeygirl2748's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: West Springfield, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
With the recent injuries I'm not sure who's even playing but in the event they are....

Boone Jenner (2nd Rd pick 2011)
Matt Calvert (F)
David Savard (D)
Tomas Kubalik (F)
Cody Goloubef (D)

Those are the "higher" profile prospects I can think of. I'm interested in Anton Blomqvist (D) but he's a shutdown guy that may or may not be noticable....
Of those, Calvert and Kubalik are out for the season.


Boone Jenner, David Savard, goalie Mike Clemente if he plays, Cody Goloubef, and I am interested in your opinion on Theo Ruth and Brent Regner.

Hockeygirl2748 is offline  
Old
04-06-2012, 10:19 AM
  #325
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 21,315
vCash: 1
The Express folded, effective immediately:

http://www.chicagoexpresshockey.com/...article_id=413

Really sucks to see, but hope you guys find a new affiliate in the offseason fairly quickly.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.