HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2012, 12:21 PM
utmfisher19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
No shame in losing to the best team in the league.

HOWEVER.

1. Peks has looked bad the past few weeks. Injury? Tired? Who knows. Fix it.

2. Weber and Suter have looked bad. Fix it.

3. No one can play like Josi as a puck mover? Bring up Blum and try something new.

4. Rads Smith AK

5. Get AK on a scoring line.
holey moley I 100% agree. It feels dirty...

Old
03-23-2012, 02:11 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I really don't get the whole My Lil' Pony craze...

Nice bet between hockey diva and 101st. Seppuku (harakiri) would have been more ballsy, but bets are always fun

And as far as some Pens fan saying Nashville is a crappy team, you have to remember one thing. The Pens absolutely sucked for a while before they got Crosby, Malkin, MAF, etc. That team was just bad. The fan base was dwindling. The team was nearly sold to Balsillie and moved just before Nashville was nearly bought by Balsillie and moved. Then, they went to a SCF twice, winning one. Their bandwagon is over capacity right now. A lot of new fans. A lot of young fans. A lot of people who are perfectly capable of talking out of their ***** when emotions are high, regardless of if the emotion is happiness or anger. It's pretty easy to spot the people on HF Boards who don't know a damn thing about hockey. Just ignore them
Why do we even care what they think...I wouldn't like any fanbase that didn't like their team....home team fans are always bias and hockey fans are I think is the worst and I think that is a good thing. It will only make it sweeter when we beat them. The Stanley Cup is two month marathon they won this game what will it be like when we decide to hit Malkin instead of watching him. This of course will be in the finals if we play them again...

Old
03-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

So glad people realize I may actually have some hockey sense. Sigh.

Just would like to remind you guys that we agreed on a lot of things up until this offseason. That's when I had a very different vision for this team compared to the majority.

The moves that were made at the deadline I wanted to be made during the offseason. I felt like this was our year to win the division. I didn't turn to radical win now until this year when I said based on what I had heard during the offseason that Weber and Suter were not likely to resign here unless management started spending more money to get better players. No offense and not to say neener neener, but I would say that what I hypothesized based on my information has turned out to be relatively correct.

Just because we disagreed this offseason doesn't mean we completely disagree about everything on the team. Or that I am some kind of bumbling idiot who has blind hate for Poile... come on now.

Old
03-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

But how do you "fix it"? It's not as easy as flipping a switch. Management has likely been trying to fix it for weeks now.

I don't think there is any combination of lines or callups that will help us. We need certain players to take charge and get us over this hump. It's easier said than done though.

Old
03-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Who gets a jersey when they do not make the playoffs?

Old
03-23-2012, 04:29 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
That would be hockey diva

Old
03-23-2012, 06:05 PM
tserberis*

At least at today's practice they did shooting, finishing and onetimers drills.

Right about time...

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=623741

Old
03-23-2012, 06:16 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Missing the playoffs requires losing just about every game from here on out. The head to head matchups in the Pacific mean they can't all pass us.

Old
03-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Missing the playoffs requires losing just about every game from here on out. The head to head matchups in the Pacific mean they can't all pass us.
They were just schooled by one of the worst teams in the league in the oilers losing every game from on out is very possible the only winnable game left is vs the jets

Old
03-23-2012, 09:58 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
They were just schooled by one of the worst teams in the league in the oilers losing every game from on out is very possible the only winnable game left is vs the jets
Every game is winnable. If it wasn't then it wouldn't be played

Old
03-24-2012, 01:32 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
At least at today's practice they did shooting, finishing and onetimers drills.

Right about time...

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=623741
Thank goodness. Their practice for the Pens game looked pitiful from that stream they had up. I wouldn't even call that practice just maybe light warm ups.

Old
03-24-2012, 02:04 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I don't think there is any combination of lines or callups that will help us. We need certain players to take charge and get us over this hump. It's easier said than done though.
That's called leadership and where our "leadership core" should step up and take charge...

And if they don't want to actaully say anything, then get out there and start doing it on the ice. Get back on defense, finish your chances, take the shot, bare down and do the little things that it takes to win.

Old
03-24-2012, 06:18 AM
torero

I wouldn't worry too much about the team not making the playoffs or the team playing at the same level during the playoffs.

The fact is that most leading teams are having a period of weakness while the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th seem to be winning all games. Their playoffs already started ... and playoffs are tiring.

And while they were not brilliant during the last games ... they are still 5th, or 4th in points. With Chicago that just delivered a huge effort that is now on their back with the same number of points but 1 more game. Showing that the other leaders are going through the same slump ! (regretfully ! means they will be in good shape later)

My view is that they will be in playoffs, and they will be tough in the playoffs. They will battle all pucks (like they almost always did during the regular season !).

They are man, not machines ... like the other teams so let them have a rest before the final run.

Therefore : the more games they will lose now, the more energy they will have in the PO !!

Old
03-24-2012, 06:58 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

What happens if the Preds miss the playoffs? Trotz fired?

How have Gill, Gausted and Kostitsyn looked overall?

Old
03-24-2012, 11:39 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
What happens if the Preds miss the playoffs? Trotz fired?

How have Gill, Gausted and Kostitsyn looked overall?
If they miss the playoffs, the fanbase will experience a full-on meltdown. It ain't happening. Preds will win at least four of the last seven games. Too much pride and talent.

Gill and Goose have done exactly what Poile expected. Better PK, and improved our defense. The last week or two, our defense has looked bad because Gill's puck-moving linemate, Josi, has been out. And, Goose has been out with a wrist injury. Goose will play tonight. I think our D will play better with Gausted back in the lineup.

AK has shown flashes of his ability to score, but I think he may be struggling a little with the Preds system. I think Trotz really wants AK and Radulov on the same line, but Horny is scoring and AK & Rads (recently) haven't payed in the Preds system. Give AK another 2 weeks and he'll be fine, especially with 3 scoring lines on ice. One of the 3 scoring lines -- probably AKs -- will face less talented opponents which will help as well.

Old
03-25-2012, 10:22 PM
torero

Nashville 6 - 1 Chicago

Negativity thread ??? what negativity thread ?
their is no such a thing on this board !

Go on another board !
(Chicago for ex )

Old
03-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Even in the commanding win, our defenseman got caught up ice too much. Weber are Suter still dont look 100%.

That said....if we play like that, we're gonna be ok.

Old
03-25-2012, 11:51 PM
hockey diva

Too many odd man rushes tonight. Still need to work on passing stick to stick. And there were a number of passes down the center last night that were easily picked off or redirected. Would like to see Gill on a bungee cord that only lets him get as far as the red line. That man does not need to pinch! Still getting caught on some long shifts in our end, just lucky we didn't scored on. Must improve the breakouts and clears.

There are always things to work on and improve. You think the Wings or Pens are just sitting back content?

Old
03-26-2012, 12:15 AM
predfan24

Hockey is a game of mistakes. No team has ever played a perfect game. Complaining after tonight's game is worthy. The D got caught a few times but that happens when your trying to create offense. If they stayed back all the time and we had a tough time creating offense people would be complaining about that. Always something....

Old
03-26-2012, 08:48 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Hockey is a game of mistakes. No team has ever played a perfect game. Complaining after tonight's game is worthy. The D got caught a few times but that happens when your trying to create offense. If they stayed back all the time and we had a tough time creating offense people would be complaining about that. Always something....
This is the negativity thread....

Old
03-26-2012, 09:54 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Discussions are never one sided. It may be the negativity thread, but people are free to disagree with negative reactions to the game.

Old
03-26-2012, 09:59 AM
glenngineer

Here's my negativity, any one complaining about last night's game needs to have their heads examined. Really, we go into Chicago, on the back end of a back to back and beat Chicago 6-1 and people have complaints? Are you freaking kidding me? We went after the jugular last night. When they finally scored, what did we do, put one deep in their heart, thank you Mr. Weber. When it 5-1, what did Fisher do, buried another to make it 6-1. Blood was in the water and we swarmed. How often do we go up a few goals and then coast? Last night, we kept the peddle down for an entire 60. Anyone remember what the Penguins did to us the other night? Guess what, we just did the same thing to Chicago. When the Pens were up they kept coming at us. Last night when we were up, we kept going at them. That's what great teams do.

Sure, anybody can nitpick little things but if you're going to do that after a dominant win like we had last night you must have nothing better to do with your time. Why not sit back and enjoy the win? I know I sure did. Yeah, there are things that can be worked on but what I didn't see were those dinky little passes we had been making. What I did see was passes with a purpose and 100% effort from everyone on the ice. That's what I want to see from this team and that's what I got. I couldn't be happier with this effort to be perfectly honest.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:07 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

*Sigh* The Wings are going to play the Jackets twice this week.

The game might be confused with an episode of the Walking Dead with Detroit's limping, groaning, and injured players and Columbus' lack of life.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:53 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
This is the negativity thread....
True and I'm not telling people how to be a fan but it is ok to lay back and be satisfied with a performance when the Preds play good instead of over analyzing everything. It's the coaches job to do that not the fans. You don't want to end up with no hair and neck like Trotz does do ya? Let yourself breathe for once. It feels good trust me.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:57 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I know this is the negativity thread, but let's keep it geared towards hockey. We already have an off topic thread. We do not need two

Closed Thread