HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/25/12 5 PM ET - Team named after an Adjective vs. Most important city of a region-s

Old
03-26-2012, 07:42 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I'm guessing Sabourin.
Keep the goalie pulled. 6 men are better than 5 at clogging up the blueline.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 08:45 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
For once I actually liked the 7 D thang. It allowed JJ the luxury to cut Carlson's minutes without scratching him. It kept Orlov and Sarge in the safe zone. I thought Hammer played a great game but see 5 gives. I also see 4BS, and Knoobles with 4 too on a side note. Wides and Green are spaz's and don't seem to need a consistent pair to be inconsistent.

Moar Holtby. I almost don't care if he fails as I pretty much have no confidence in Neuvy or Vokoun. And he was supposed to get his chance this year anyways. There is little Neu or Vok can do that will change my mind now, as I doubt either get the chance to.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 08:50 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
neuvy is too inconsistant. i like holtby. remember that is how you feel when holtby start puking up rookie mistakes and passing the puck to the other team who shoot it in an empty net. or when he has a sophmore slump and stinks it up.

slow the f down. holtby hasnt played nearly enough to prove that he is consistant or even can be.
The difference being Noovy has had his chance to prove he can be reliable. Dude has started how many games now? Holtby hasn't even hit 20 starts with the Caps yet. I'm not saying we go into the playoffs with Holtby, I've made it clear I want a healthy Vokoun.

tycoonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 08:50 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
For once I actually liked the 7 D thang. It allowed JJ the luxury to cut Carlson's minutes without scratching him. It kept Orlov and Sarge in the safe zone. I thought Hammer played a great game but see 5 gives. I also see 4BS, and Knoobles with 4 too on a side note. Wides and Green are spaz's and don't seem to need a consistent pair to be inconsistent.
And most importantly it allowed them to double shift Ovi, who got 26mins last night.

Old
03-26-2012, 08:58 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
The difference being Noovy has had his chance to prove he can be reliable. Dude has started how many games now? Holtby hasn't even hit 20 starts with the Caps yet. I'm not saying we go into the playoffs with Holtby, I've made it clear I want a healthy Vokoun.
right. "noovy" has had his shot. how do you feel about carlson? neuvy has no more nhl experience than carlson. are you going to judget carlson on this season like you are judging neuvirth?

this is without considering that holtby is going to have his ups and downs no matter how good he turns out.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Stewie G

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
For once I actually liked the 7 D thang. It allowed JJ the luxury to cut Carlson's minutes without scratching him. It kept Orlov and Sarge in the safe zone. I thought Hammer played a great game but see 5 gives. I also see 4BS, and Knoobles with 4 too. Wides and Green are spaz's and don't seem to need a consistent pair to be inconsistent.

Moar Holtby. I almost don't care if he fails as I pretty much have no confidence in Neuvy or Vokoun. And he was supposed to get his chance this year anyways. There is little Neu or Vok can do that will change my mind now. I doubt either get the chance to.
Good call by GMGM on that one. He's starting to get the hang of this puppet coaching thing.

Stewie G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:13 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Starting Holtby would be the biggest high risk high reward move of the year.

The way I see it, there are only 2 realistic outcomes with little middle ground.

A. He goes beast mode ala Cam Ward in the Canes cup run.

B. Falls flat on his face under the pressure.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:34 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
right. "noovy" has had his shot. how do you feel about carlson? neuvy has no more nhl experience than carlson. are you going to judget carlson on this season like you are judging neuvirth?

this is without considering that holtby is going to have his ups and downs no matter how good he turns out.
I don't think its fair to compare a defenseman and a goalie. Especially Carlson and Holtby, two totally different situations. The way I look at it... we've got a goalie who has been impressive every time he's gotten called up. Everyone knows he was phenomenal last year, and he has looked solid so far this year. Shouldn't he get a shot at starting some time (and again to reiterate I'm not suggesting starting him over a healthy Vokoun in the playoffs)? Name me a defenseman the Caps have who can replace Carlson and has been extremely good for us? If you do, I will say bench Carlson and play him.

Old
03-26-2012, 09:46 AM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Starting Holtby would be the biggest high risk high reward move of the year.

The way I see it, there are only 2 realistic outcomes with little middle ground.

A. He goes beast mode ala Cam Ward in the Canes cup run.

B. Falls flat on his face under the pressure.
The thing is, he has little pressure on him compared to the others. I say ride him in the playoffs. He has confidence, it seems like he can rally a team, the other teams don't know him. Let him pull a ward

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:53 AM
amjay13

I'm not sure how to really explain it........but Holtby just seems to have "IT." I ride him until he lets up. If they ride him and make the playoffs, let him be the starting playoff goalie. Worst case scenario is after a bad game you have Voukon ready to take over.

amjay13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:54 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie G View Post
Good call by GMGM on that one. He's starting to get the hang of this puppet coaching thing.
Its more about the whole boring hockey thing. Lets face it, you only know "someone" whispered into Bruce's ear to be more defensive. And a new coach got hired, and did just that, which in the end, is really about neutering Ovi into maturing into a responsible team player.

When life gives you a fleet of young defensemen, and seemingly someone gets bent if one of them gets scratched, make demonade.

I would put the all star at forward but that's just me.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:15 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
The thing is, he has little pressure on him compared to the others. I say ride him in the playoffs. He has confidence, it seems like he can rally a team, the other teams don't know him. Let him pull a ward
just understand that holtby has zero playoff resume of any kind. we have no idea how he might handle it. from what ive read he was not very good for hershey last season.

as opposed to neuvirth who has 5 north american playoff series. he has lost one series, won 3 championships.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:24 AM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
just understand that holtby has zero playoff resume of any kind. we have no idea how he might handle it. from what ive read he was not very good for hershey last season.

as opposed to neuvirth who has 5 north american playoff series. he has lost one series, won 3 championships.
While this is true, you gotta go with the hot hand.

Theodore had won playoff series before and we all know how that worked out. If he is hot going in, just keep him in

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:28 AM
BobRouse

Quote:

Neuvirth has pedigree and will improve. But lets face it..he has sucked this year for the most part. He is struggling something fierce.

Gotta ride the hot hand. Holtby was good last year on his callup and has looked good in the few starts he has had this year.

I personally, as of now and for this year, have far more confidence in Vokoun/Holtby than Neuvirth. He looks to be fighting confidence issues and we don't have to luxury to allow him to work it out when there are 2 other guys who are clearly playing better ahead of him.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote