HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/24/12 - 7:00PM EDT - New York Islanders VS Tampa Bay

Old
03-25-2012, 02:42 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Just to clarify, the comment was made out of frustration....I don't advocate the trading of Hedman just yet, but someone his size needs to start using it to his advantage and he isn't. Other than his long reach, he's chasing - not playing the man. Now Commodore comes to this team, starts flopping in front of the net and now Hedman's doing it. If it's coaching and not the players, then they need to fix that. From my understanding that's Lacroix's job, and he needs to get it in gear because this has been going on all season. This team, defensively, has neither strength or physicality.

Granted Borje Salming was 2 years older when he came into the league, but he was also one of the first foreign players and he had no problem throwing the big checks and he was a lot smaller.
I get what you're saying, but we're still looking at another 3 years until Heddy becomes what he should be.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 02:49 AM
Ten88Nineteen

Wallace really has a shot, eh? Fitting he scores the game winner vs the Islanders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newham89 View Post
Does anyone get more secondary assists than Connolly?
Giroux.

Ten88Nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Bolts265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius Brian Lawton View Post
I get what you're saying, but we're still looking at another 3 years until Heddy becomes what he should be.
So 3 years until the kid learns that he's 6'7" and can actually deck people in front of the net? Forgive me but he either has that instinct or not, I don't think that has to be taught to him. Let's see the improvement that we are all hoping for start next season.

Bolts265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 01:02 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts265 View Post
So 3 years until the kid learns that he's 6'7" and can actually deck people in front of the net? Forgive me but he either has that instinct or not, I don't think that has to be taught to him. Let's see the improvement that we are all hoping for start next season.
You don't have to deck someone to be a good defenseman.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:56 PM
Bolts265

Then why on this board are we always begging for our d to put people on their ass? Especially in front of our net, kinda like the other teams d do to our guys.

Bolts265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Hedman is frustrating to watch some times... but I want to think he's going to develope very nicely this upcoming years

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 06:45 PM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 50
Marty's "ENG attempt" in the 2nd even made it to the NHL.com main page: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=35&id=167432

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:01 PM
TBLHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktors89 View Post
Hedman is frustrating to watch some times... but I want to think he's going to develope very nicely this upcoming years
I certainly hope so....last night's giveaway in the corner that cost us a goal or when he's chasing players behind the net and leaving Brewer alone in front is what worries me most. Brewer can't do it by himself and the forwards aren't really helping a lot. Marty tries, but he's not going to move anybody.

TBLHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:01 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Again, i'm not sold on some of our coaching tactics in a few different facets.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Hockeyfan02

To me with Hedman it's about decision making and that includes when to be physical and when not to be physical. He doesn't have to put a guy in the third row every shift like "HIT SOMEBODY" guy behind me wants him to, but he needs to get better at when to play the puck and when to put his man into the boards. Some of the best defenseman to play the game weren't big hitters but they know when it needs to be done. Hopefully Hedman figures that out...he's still 21 so he's got time. Obviously everyone has high expectations for him because he was a high pick but he's still a young guy. If he's still making the same mistakes a few years down the road then I'm going to be worried.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote