HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

OPS warranty info?

Old
03-15-2012, 12:19 PM
7toZulu

vCash: 500
OPS warranty info?

So I bought a Reebok Ai5 around 20 days ago, and the toe of the blade was already chipping and falling apart. On the Reebok site, their warranty page states that "regular wear and tear" or damage due to contact with the boards or goal posts is not covered. I called Reebok and talked to a guy in the warranty dept who said they would warranty it based on what i told him about the toe.

Have any of you returned a stick under warranty? If so, was it an easy process? I'm just worried i cut my basically new stick in half and paid to mail it in, just to hear them tell me " sorry, this is not covered".

Also, whats a ballpark turn around time for me to get the new stick back? Thanks for the help!

7toZulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 12:26 PM
AIREAYE

Well, lucky you and good on Reebok to do that for you. There are always big debates regarding warranty entitlements, for more info and to see what this thread will eventually turn into, check out MSH http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/ and type in 'stick warranty' in the search box.

Also, I'm guessing you cut the stick in half to save money on shipping?

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 12:32 PM
ChiTownHawks

A guy on my team had the same thing happen to his Reebok stick. I think he played in 2 games before he had a big chunk (about the size of a dime) taken out of the toe. I told him I thought it should hold up better than that and he should get a new one under the warranty period. He called Reebok and got the same instructions and had the same concerns.

He did it anyways and when he sent it back they were out of the one he had, not sure the model but it was the dumb one where the bottom part of the shaft had the aerodynamic holes in it. Anyways they upgraded him to an 11K and there were no questions asked about his stick.

I can't guarantee they won't reject your return but I think it is unlikely.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 01:30 PM
7toZulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Well, lucky you and good on Reebok to do that for you. There are always big debates regarding warranty entitlements, for more info and to see what this thread will eventually turn into, check out MSH http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/ and type in 'stick warranty' in the search box.

Also, I'm guessing you cut the stick in half to save money on shipping?
Yeah i did, seeing as how the warranty guy told me i could make one cut. Hopefully that doesnt come back to bite me

Old
03-15-2012, 03:25 PM
hockeymass

I wouldn't have cut it in half, but if they said you could then there shouldn't be a problem.

I had a Louisville Response like 10 years ago that started to chip on the toe after a couple days. They were very good about sending me a new one.

It'll probably take a week or two to get the replacement. They may send you a different curve or flex.

hockeymass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:55 AM
7toZulu

Just for future info for anyone considering dealing with Reebok/CCM warranty dept, they were super helpful. Called this morning to check on the status of my return and talked to the same guy who helped me initially. They didnt have any Ai5 sticks in stock so they just game me an Ai7. Pretty awesome considering its twice the cost of the original i sent in.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Wish I'd have done the same with my 10k. Blade cracked 5 minutes into my first game getting stuck in the door. Yeah, not under warranty but would have been worth a shot.

Kind of like how I should have saved the blade of my X:60 to trade in $20 off towards a new stick at Total Hockey. Never think of these things at the time...

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:48 PM
ChiTownHawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Wish I'd have done the same with my 10k. Blade cracked 5 minutes into my first game getting stuck in the door. Yeah, not under warranty but would have been worth a shot.

Kind of like how I should have saved the blade of my X:60 to trade in $20 off towards a new stick at Total Hockey. Never think of these things at the time...
Are you sure you need both pieces? I mean they might except just the shaft since it is basically a marketing campaign so you buy your next stick from them.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

True. I have no money for the next two months though so it's all kinda moot.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote