HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: New Montreal street gang?

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Guy Germaine

vCash: 500
I call that the Euro-soccer hooligan look. It's not just an arab thing, you'll see that style ( Adidas gear, fohawk, scarfs), in South America, Britain,Russia, Middle East, Italy . Montreal just has a much larger and growing French -Arab population.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:02 PM
SB164

Man, I walk by Mackay and St-Catherine all the time to get to class. I've noticed them, but I didn't know they were some "street gang."

Anyways, there's a police station down Guy and Rene-Levesque, if these kids are causing any trouble, you'd think cops would be a bit more vigilant.

Edit: By the way, what's with people always loitering in front of the SAQ on St-Catherine and Peel? I've seen it for years now.

Edit 2: I hope you guys don't assume everyone with a snapback cap is a hoodlum. I love my snapback hats and I'm harmless, I swear

Last edited by SB164: 03-26-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old
03-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
the french refer to the these as la "racaille''.

Young kids, who make a lot of noise, think they are tough when in big groups, but want to run scared home to mom when they are alone.

they are annoying as hell.
Except the french Racailles are actually real, not fake. They're from the ghetto and will mess you up. Some even carry weapons and commit various crimes.
They're not fake little kids that run home scared to mommy.

I have no idea who the kids in Mtl are. I've never had a run-in with such a group. If I have, I didn't realize it because I was never harassed, and hopefully never will.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

I wonder what these kids will do when they grow up

Old
03-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
I wonder what these kids will do when they grow up
bag groceries at iga

Old
03-26-2012, 12:25 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Around Snowdon metro, these kids have been around for a long time.

My first "face to face" with them was a couple years ago, as I was coming out of the metro, some kid wasn't watching where he was going and almost ran right into some old lady. He didn't because I stopped him just in time by tapping on his shoulder to make him aware.

But right after I did that, one of the kids pushed my arm away yelling "don't touch my brother you *******!", at which point I tried to explain to him what happened, but he had none of it. It seemed like he was trying to pick a fight. As I was dearly hoping he would try to push me so I could give him the whupping of his life, he didn't. He just tried to intimidate me (which failed miserably) and that was that. But that's probably because it was just him and his brother.

Anyways, these kids are punks and it's clear that their parents are doing an incredibly ****** job raising them. They're every where too. I caught a group of them (must have been 12-15 years old) stomping on trimmed bushes, for no reason. Gave them a stern talking to and they walked away. They have no respect for anything or anyone. That's a parental failure if I ever saw one.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Haaabs

I thought they were just a bunch of stupid teenagers, not a gang.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:30 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post

My first "face to face" with them was a couple years ago, as I was coming out of the metro, some kid wasn't watching where he was going and almost ran right into some old lady. He didn't because I stopped him just in time by tapping on his shoulder to make him aware.

But right after I did that, one of the kids pushed my arm away yelling "don't touch my brother you *******!", at which point I tried to explain to him what happened, but he had none of it. It seemed like he was trying to pick a fight. As I was dearly hoping he would try to push me so I could give him the whupping of his life, he didn't. He just tried to intimidate me (which failed miserably) and that was that. But that's probably because it was just him and his brother.

Anyways, these kids are punks and it's clear that their parents are doing an incredibly ****** job raising them. They're every where too. I caught a group of them (must have been 12-15 years old) stomping on trimmed bushes, for no reason. Gave them a stern talking to and they walked away. They have no respect for anything or anyone. That's a parental failure if I ever saw one.
not really,
they might have good parents, but what they do outside home is out of their control. Friends influence is way bigger than parents at teenage.

Go see them at home, most of them are good kids in front of their parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bonhomme
bag groceries at iga
at least they get a job

Old
03-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Never seen tese kids in my area.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
not really,
they might have good parents, but what they do outside home is out of their control. Friends influence is way bigger than parents at teenage.

at least they get a job
lol Location Syria

We're not saying all arabs are like this. But most of the young arabs do belong to these "gangs"

Old
03-26-2012, 12:36 PM
juve

Quote:
not really,

at least they get a job
I wouldn't employ these idiots selling pencils on a street corner. The worst part is that they actually think they're cool and tough.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post

This is all very tragic. Those kids are either going to get killed before they reach 20, or live a ****** life.

But you can't put the blame on the parents entirely. We're talking about people who came here in search of a new life, but as soon as they get here, we tell them their degrees aren't worth ****, so they have to either go back to school or pick 2 jobs each to be able to raise a family. All this while dealing with racism/intolerance and adaptation to a new country.

It's a society problem, is what I'm trying to say. And I also agree that the biggest danger we are facing is a rise in extreme-right movements like in many parts of Europe for instance.

I had a similar experience at Montmorency metro this summer. I really doubt it's the same gang, but it was a bunch of immigrant teenagers who tried to pick a fight with me, shouting insults at me as soon as I stepped in the station.

EDIT: Replaced Magreb by immigrant, but I still feel like it sounds bad. I just don't want to make this about where they come from at all. You have punks and idiots all over the world.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:38 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Yep, I know exactly who these guys are. A few weeks ago I was in the metro with a few of my friends (one of them is gay) and these stupid Maghrebian kids were sitting a few seats away from us. Anyway, they started yelling a bunch of homophobic slurs at him and then started laughing loudly like a bunch of morons. They kept going until they finally got off at McGill station and when they got off they started kicking and punching the window where my friend was sitting.

They're so ****ing pathetic. Hope they get their ***** kicked soon.

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze: 03-26-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old
03-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Quote:
not really,

This. I grew up around many people from Maghreb and they have to be the most respectful kids ever to their parents. Most muslim parents I have met were the strictest, no-****-taking people I've came across. Usually, they have the upmost respect for their mothers, and are scared ****less of their fathers.

The result is that some of those kids have a very short leash at home, and the freedom they get outside is a bit overwhelming to them. Since they can never talk back to their parents, they take it out on harmless strangers. I'm overgeneralizing, of course, but that's where the tough guy act comes from. Their pack mentality is very strong and it seems they need to prove to everyone else that they're the toughest people out there. If only you would see them in front of their parents though.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:40 PM
juve

Quote:
lol Location Syria

We're not saying all arabs are like this. But most of the young arabs do belong to these "gangs"
Two of them attacked one on my friends. He's has a black belt in tae kwon do.....it didn't end well for two guys. Last year, my brother got off the bus and was attacked. My brother is autistic and can't really defend himself. I wish I was there because I have a brown belt in Karate. I'm a girl but don't mess with me.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juve View Post
Two of them attacked one on my friends. He's has a black belt in tae kwon do.....it didn't end well for two guy . Last year, my brother got off the bus and was attacked. My brother is autistic and can't really defend himself. I wish I was there because I have a brown belt in Karate. I'm a girl but don't mess with me.
OT but having an autistic brother myself, nothing in this life has ever enraged me more than someone picking on him/trying to harm him.

What kind of ****ing low life do you have to be to pick a fight with someone who's autistic?

Alright, sorry, rant is over!

Old
03-26-2012, 12:45 PM
Jake5

I agree that the blame is definitely not on the parents. the older Maghrebin/Arab generation (these kids' parents) are in 99/100 cases extremely hard-working and friendly people, and i know most Muslim parents would not tolerate this kind of behavior. i just think that at that age, the influence of friends and media is much stronger than that of your parents, and when the parents are out working or studying most of the day, there's only so much time they have with these kids to try to instill good values in them.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
lol Location Syria

Actually, his location is Montreal, his country is Syria. And why do you ''Lol'' at that??? what the heck is wrong with you?

And I can't believe you actually dared to write that, such ignorant and stupid comment.

Most of the young Arabs belong to these gangs?? Are you an expert on gangs? Are these even ''gangs''? Are you an expert on Arabs?

Old
03-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

I live in the area and have never noticed these kids.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Andy

I know these kids all too well. Tough in numbers, ***** alone.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:54 PM
juve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
OT but having an autistic brother myself, nothing in this life has ever enraged me more than someone picking on him/trying to harm him.

What kind of ****ing low life do you have to be to pick a fight with someone who's autistic?

Alright, sorry, rant is over!
I understand your anger, so was I. My brother is high functioning autism, but he still can't defend himself. They beat him up for a 40 dollar phone.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake5 View Post
I agree that the blame is definitely not on the parents. the older Maghrebin/Arab generation (these kids' parents) are in 99/100 cases extremely hard-working and friendly people, and i know most Muslim parents would not tolerate this kind of behavior. i just think that at that age, the influence of friends and media is much stronger than that of your parents, and when the parents are out working or studying most of the day, there's only so much time they have with these kids to try to instill good values in them.
But as a parent, you should also know who your kid is hanging out with, you're supposed to be involved in his life.
Also, if your kid is the type to do this sort of crap, then there will be signs. If all the kid does is heckle people, then really, it's not the end of the world. But if it's worse, then you're bound to notice something. It's not really the straight A student, the nicely mannered, polite and respectful kid that will do this.

Old
03-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Haaabs

Quote:
lol Location Syria

"Most of the young arabs"
You have no idea how many Arabs are in Montreal and in the area if you think most Arabs are in these "gangs" which I'd qualify more as "stupid teenagers" then "gangs".

I'm not defending what they're doing, just defending all the kids that are at home playing modern warfare or doing whatever teenagers do now that you're generalizing right there.

Well its a shame, I do think that the system does weed them out when they turn 18 though. All the shisha establishments are there for a reason

Old
03-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Actually, his location is Montreal, his country is Syria. And why do you ''Lol'' at that??? what the heck is wrong with you?

And I can't believe you actually dared to write that, such ignorant and stupid comment.

Most of the young Arabs belong to these gangs?? Are you an expert on gangs? Are these even ''gangs''? Are you an expert on Arabs?
Relax man. I didn't mean to laugh at his "location", I assume that he is of Syrian nationality. It's normal for him to defend Arabs.

Anyways, I know its wrong to generalize but most of these people are arabic and it's not a stretch to say that alot of young arabs in Montreal belong to this group.

So you can stop crying about my comment now

Old
03-26-2012, 01:03 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaabs View Post
"Most of the young arabs"
You have no idea how many Arabs are in Montreal and in the area if you think most Arabs are in these "gangs" which I'd qualify more as "stupid teenagers" then "gangs".

I'm not defending what they're doing, just defending all the kids that are at home playing modern warfare or doing whatever teenagers do now that you're generalizing right there.

Well its a shame, I do think that the system does weed them out when they turn 18 though. All the shisha establishments are there for a reason
Okay. I take it back. Not the majority of young arabs belong to this group.

But these groups are comprised majorly of teenagers of arabic origin.

Closed Thread