HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: New Montreal street gang?

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2012, 12:12 PM
llamateizer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E
Actually, his location is Montreal, his country is Syria. And why do you ''Lol'' at that??? what the heck is wrong with you?

And I can't believe you actually dared to write that, such ignorant and stupid comment.

Most of the young Arabs belong to these gangs?? Are you an expert on gangs? Are these even ''gangs''? Are you an expert on Arabs?
exact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Relax man. I didn't mean to laugh at his "location", I assume that he is of Syrian nationality. It's normal for him to defend Arabs.

Anyways, I know its wrong to generalize but most of these people are arabic and it's not a stretch to say that alot of young arabs in Montreal belong to this group.

So you can stop crying about my comment now
What those little gangs do is bad
I do live in montreal and my nationality is syrian but do not think like arabs.

I'm not defending arab at all

I was just pointing that parents arent mostly responsible for this
If you meet thoses youngs with their parents, you wouldn't believe how different they are

FTR I do not have any arabic friends. I dont like most of them. I have a Quebecer Chrisitan GF and I do not beat her or married to another women

Old
03-26-2012, 12:15 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

reggaeton-futbol style lol

Old
03-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
exact

What those little gangs do is bad
I do live in montreal and my nationality is syrian but do not think like arabs.

I'm not defending arab at all

I was just pointing that parents arent mostly responsible for this
If you meet thoses youngs with their parents, you wouldn't believe how different they are

FTR I do not have any arabic friends. I dont like most of them. I have a Quebecer Chrisitan GF and I do not beat her or married to another women
Yes, I agree with you that Parents aren't 100% responsible but where do you draw the line?

It's your responsibility to keep your kid away from crimes or gangs.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:17 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Yes, I agree with you that Parents aren't 100% responsible but where do you draw the line?

It's your responsibility to keep your kid away from crimes or gangs.
absolutely, there is a good indication of the lack of education from the parent

Old
03-26-2012, 12:31 PM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
There was an article in the Gazette last year about that corner and how its become very dangerous for people who travel alone, especially girls. In the article there were several people who live in the apartments atop the mcdo and around the area. They said that every night they would see people get robbed, slapped around and intimidated. They would call the cops and they would never show up, if they did, 3hrs later.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Relax man. I didn't mean to laugh at his "location", I assume that he is of Syrian nationality. It's normal for him to defend Arabs.

Anyways, I know its wrong to generalize but most of these people are arabic and it's not a stretch to say that alot of young arabs in Montreal belong to this group.

So you can stop crying about my comment now
How is it normal for him to defend Arabs? I'm Lebanese, am I going to defend all the dumb arabic extremists just because I'm arabic? Am I defending dumb kids that want to look tough and be bad boys?

Yes, it absolutely is a stretch to say a lot of young arabs in Mtl belong to such groups.
It's not only a stretch, it's retarded.

The fact you don't even see the wrong in your words is even more alarming.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Haaabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
I just wish they'd try to test me.

Edit: To be completely honest, their nationality and ethnicity don't surprise me for some reason.
I was born and raised here. I'm not even mad by what you just said, I've ran into many people who share your viewpoint and as much as its been a pain in the ass, you just learn to live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post
There was an article in the Gazette last year about that corner and how its become very dangerous for people who travel alone, especially girls. In the article there were several people who live in the apartments atop the mcdo and around the area. They said that every night they would see people get robbed, slapped around and intimidated. They would call the cops and they would never show up, if they did, 3hrs later.
I remember a similar article that mentioned that they tended to steal people's cellphones. What they would do is ask for the time, and once you took your phone out to check, they'd steal it. I think it happened mainly on Friday-Saturday and Sunday nights. Since thats when school's out and cops are preoccupied with all the people who've had too much to drink.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:38 PM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post
A girl alone in night can become really dangerous.

I live 100 m near the metro and my GF is scared as hell sometimes when she comes back from work.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaabs View Post
I was born and raised here. I'm not even mad by what you just said, I've ran into many people who share your viewpoint and as much as its been a pain in the ass, you just learn to live with it.
Well it's true, and all ethnic groups have their own **** to smell.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:40 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
How is it normal for him to defend Arabs? I'm Lebanese, am I going to defend all the dumb arabic extremists just because I'm arabic? Am I defending dumb kids that want to look tough and be bad boys?

Yes, it absolutely is a stretch to say a lot of young arabs in Mtl belong to such groups.
It's not only a stretch, it's retarded.

The fact you don't even see the wrong in your words is even more alarming.
Actually, he was defending the parents of these Arabic kids. And it's perfectly normal since I assume he also had parents that were born in Northern Africa. He wasn't defending the people who cause problems.

As for your second point, all you have to do is look outside and take public transport. It's not a stretch. I've seen kids that look as young as 9-10, walk around dressed up like them.

calm down bro

Old
03-26-2012, 12:44 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

I live in MTL Nord, so yeah I know what you're talking about. Would run into kids like this when i was still working around clubs and stuff.

This one time I was just standing around with my boss at Macaroni Bar (blech) and one of these guys yells at me to move, from like 15 feet out. Naturally I don't know what the **** he's talking about, but I soon piece together that I'm blocking his view of some hot girl and he wants me to move for his viewing pleasure. I promptly return a 'lolwut' expression. Dude then approaches me, and I think he only then figured out that I was a good 7 inches taller than him, since what he was saying up-close had lost most of the conviction of what he had been saying from across the club. His buddies didn't back him up either. Situation ends with him trying to shake my hand

Numbers are a different thing, though. I feel bad for anyone who's ever gotten surrounded by a bunch of thugs (wannabes or otherwise). Best thing to do is always to ignore them, despite how difficult it can be.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
03-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Actually, he was defending the parents of these Arabic kids. And it's perfectly normal since I assume he also had parents that were born in Northern Africa. He wasn't defending the people who cause problems.

As for your second point, all you have to do is look outside and take public transport. It's not a stretch. I've seen kids that look as young as 9-10, walk around dressed up like them.

calm down bro
I concurr, I've experienced myself what OP experienced and worse.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:50 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Ethnic or racial intolerance is not tolerated on this board. Keep that in mind.

Old
03-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Ubercron9000

I lol at the thought of nationalism in quebec fighting back at the youth. They are too preoccupied with the english hoardes that will **** and pillage quebec lol.

Old
03-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

calm down bro
The guy is defending the parents because not everything is always about the parents, not because they're arabic.
Also, Northern Africa and the Middle East are two very different regions, or are all Arabs the same to you?

Race has no reason to be brought up.

Old
03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

This might have been an interesting subject to talk about, but people felt like pulling ethnicity and religion into it, so I have no choice but to close it. Sorry, Whiskey.

Closed Thread