HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Alexander Radulov - Radulov splits D vs. Chicago (6 points, 6 games)

Old
03-24-2012, 07:27 PM
torero

vCash: 500
wouahhh !

2 games ... so far 2 points !!!

is he the messiah that will bring us to the grale ? (cup)

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 07:28 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

He looks more like a playmaker. That was a wonderful pass to Halischuk

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:34 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
the passes from behind the net were sick.... too bad brick hands Hornqvist shoots straight into the goalie rather than the 2/3 of the net that was completely open...

its also evident that Rads is used to being able to stickhandle around players... likely not quite so easy here as it is in the KHL...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 07:01 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
the passes from behind the net were sick.... too bad brick hands Hornqvist shoots straight into the goalie rather than the 2/3 of the net that was completely open...

its also evident that Rads is used to being able to stickhandle around players... likely not quite so easy here as it is in the KHL...
I've noticed that, too. The way he carries the puck into the zone makes it obvious that he is used to bigger ice. It's like he is expecting more room to maneuver around the defense. I think in a few more games we start seeing some better break outs led by Radulov carrying in. The guy is strong on the puck. He just needs to get re-adjusted to this rink size so he recognizes his actual options quicker.

He was still our best forward once again. I'm trying my damnedest not to get too excited.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 07:07 AM
Legionnaire11

didn't see a great replay, but it looked like the pass to Halischuk was through the defenders skates/stride? Anyone else see it?

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:09 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
didn't see a great replay, but it looked like the pass to Halischuk was through the defenders skates/stride? Anyone else see it?
I'd have to look back to see if it went through the defender, but, it was a nice backhand pass. What is overlooked is the Halischuk pass to Rads that started the break. Caught him full stride then busted hard up the right wing to an open spot on the ice so Rads could return the favor.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:12 AM
FlexinMyPeks
Impekkable

I love the effort that I'm seeing from him in the corners and behind the net. He doesnt just whack at it like some players. He has done a great job of using his stick and skates to gain possession and make something happen.

FlexinMyPeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
I'd have to look back to see if it went through the defender, but, it was a nice backhand pass. What is overlooked is the Halischuk pass to Rads that started the break. Caught him full stride then busted hard up the right wing to an open spot on the ice so Rads could return the favor.
Just saw it on NHL tonight, put it in slow mode on dvr went through the defenders skates

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:36 AM
jlsg

The 2 things that were his biggest weaknesses have improved, skating and vision. Before he relied entirely on his hands to succeed. I can't remember how many times he lost his place when trying to cycle the puck. His skating looked like someone having a seizure. Now his stride s a little smoother and his vision on the ice is much better. He could have easily had 3 assists last night. Also the extra lbs have made a huge difference in how well he plays the boards, something else that he wasn't real strong in before. This is a much improved Rads from a few years ago.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
That's exactly who he was in KHL for last two seasons. Many people expect that he'll be a goalscorer in NHL judging from what he was when he left but he's really changed as a player, at least on the big ice. Let's see how he adjusts to the small ice but I could see that he still could give out those sick passes in NHL too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guSRNFHhgeI

just like in this video, the last great game for Radulov in KHL. He didn't score but gave out three passes and the one for the third goal is just brilliant. Therefore I laugh when I hear that he's a selfish player, he certainly isn't....

Last edited by Latgale_fan: 03-25-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 12:08 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
Maybe I've noticed something only because I, like most, have watched every minute detail of Radulov's game since his return. But... his blade seems to be on the ice a lot more than our other players. Is that just a goal scorers sign of wanting the puck? Am I imagining something that isn't there?

Also, watching practice, he can't skate a warmup lap without a puck on his stick. If he skates near the net, he flicks the puck at it. Again, the camera from practice followed him the entire time, but I didn't notice an obsession with the puck from other players.
Always keep your stick on the ice, big rule for forwards. His offensive awareness is excellent, he always has his stick on the ice because he is always ready. He can get the puck on his stick and in any situation do somehting shifty with the puck, he just sees the game so well, just look at his pass to Halishcuk yesterday. He drew everyone to him by skating far left and left a whole sheet of ice for Hali to come down when rads made that dirty no look pass right in front of the dman chasing him. He is a natural goal scorer, but in general his passing and team play have both gotten tremendously better. cant wait to watch this team again tonight.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Top 6 Spaling

We would have beaten Vancouver last year if Radulov was on that team.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:24 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Alright, Poile--time to start offering this cat some serious coin to stay.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 11:49 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Alright, Poile--time to start offering this cat some serious coin to stay.
I would bet serious money that poile has already offered an extension for serious but not massive coin, and rads is waiting, hoping he can drive the price up to astronomical levels by playing well in the playoffs

If an extension wasn't announced when he touched down in Nashville, Im thinking one won't be until after the season

if he keeps up the PPG clip, Rads will get the 7 mil we were planning on offering Parise...

Old
03-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Predsboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I would bet serious money that poile has already offered an extension for serious but not massive coin, and rads is waiting, hoping he can drive the price up to astronomical levels by playing well in the playoffs

If an extension wasn't announced when he touched down in Nashville, Im thinking one won't be until after the season

if he keeps up the PPG clip, Rads will get the 7 mil we were planning on offering Parise...
I hope not that high Andy; but I must say I'm very impressed thus far. I know it's only 3 games but he looks very dangerous, fast, and productive out there. Seems he's the best forward on the ice ...

Tommy likey

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 12:04 AM
NoNecksCurse

woah.. I don't think so. considering radulov's past and not playing a full NHL season in quite awhile 7 mil is out of the question. I think 6 million TOPS .. my guess is 5 years 27.5 million

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:40 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
woah.. I don't think so. considering radulov's past and not playing a full NHL season in quite awhile 7 mil is out of the question. I think 6 million TOPS .. my guess is 5 years 27.5 million
For a guy who got ca. $6 mln. w/o taxes $5.5 with taxes looks really out of place.

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 06:59 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
Right now 5.5 is about right but if he has a massive playoff run the price goes up. Normal RFA pricing doesn't apply because he has a willing employer in russia who can offer him more.. So he will be in line for UFA cash. If we won't pay someone else will and if its the KHL we won't even get draft picks back

Old
03-26-2012, 08:32 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
For a guy who got ca. $6 mln. w/o taxes $5.5 with taxes looks really out of place.
No doubt, but if he wants to play in the NHL he will not have a tax-free contact. However, TN has no state income tax. I believe only three other teams can offer no state income tax: Dallas, Florida, and Tampa Bay. The cost of living is lower in Nashville than in Dallas. I'm not sure about Sunrise or Tampa. Nashville is also a contender right now. Those things all have to be considered

Of course, if he doesn't care one way or the other about which league he goes to next year then it's a different story. If he wants to return to Russia then none of this matters anyway.

edit: after a brief search it looks like Nashville has the lowest cost of living of the four cities. Like I said, though, it was a brief search.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 03-26-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old
03-26-2012, 08:35 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

there are certain "perks" to playing in the NHL vs KHL as well. Better facilities, better hotels, planes that aren't 40 years old\don't crash and kill an entire team, better standard of living, etc. Just depends on if Rads places a monetary value on such considerations.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 08:43 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

There are some things Radulov can't escape [i.e. worse travel (and not just safety, but distance), worse facilities, lower quality of competition], but I would say his standard of living might be better in Russia. He is one of the biggest celebrities in the country. Still, if he cared that much about staying in Russia as a hockey god then why even come back at all? It isn't like he had to.

Old
03-26-2012, 09:36 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Radu has been even better than I hoped so far. His passing is excellent, he hustles every shift, he's getting good scoring chances, and his defense has been good.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
No doubt, but if he wants to play in the NHL he will not have a tax-free contact. However, TN has no state income tax. I believe only three other teams can offer no state income tax: Dallas, Florida, and Tampa Bay. The cost of living is lower in Nashville than in Dallas. I'm not sure about Sunrise or Tampa. Nashville is also a contender right now. Those things all have to be considered

Of course, if he doesn't care one way or the other about which league he goes to next year then it's a different story. If he wants to return to Russia then none of this matters anyway.

edit: after a brief search it looks like Nashville has the lowest cost of living of the four cities. Like I said, though, it was a brief search.
Interesting, thanks for the info. Maybe a $6 mil cap hit will do (if Radu continues to be PPG).

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:49 PM
tserberis*

Why everybody thinking that they don't pay taxes in Russia?

It is 13% BTW.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:55 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I remember when the stories first started to come out regarding his contract in Russia they kept saying "tax free".