HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Yogan signed

Old
03-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Mkhizgilov

vCash: 500
Yogan signed

According to Gross rangers signed Yogan.

Can someone please tell me what this means?

Is yogan going to be on the team now? Does this mean that this means kreiders not going to be a ranger this season for sure?

And can someone please explain in details Yogans game, and what we can expect too see from him?

Thank you

Mkhizgilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkhizgilov View Post

Is yogan going to be on the team now? Does this mean that this means kreiders not going to be a ranger this season for sure?

And can someone please explain in details Yogans game, and what we can expect too see from him?

Thank you
Someone said we had the ability to sign 1 more player on our current roster... so if that information is true Kreider will be unable to sign with us when his season is over. Which now that he's in the frozen four I think is the right call.

Let him stay at BC till the end of the year, let him finish his summer courses and graduate. Get him in during training camp like was the plan all along.

Rust Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Yogan's contract should slide and start next year, in which case the final contract spot is still open for NYR.

03-26-2012, 11:43 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkhizgilov View Post

Thank you
Yogan will play in the AHL, which I believe means his contract will slide to next year and we could still sign Kreider.

Yogan is a big boy (6'3" 200-ish lbs) with a well-rounded game. From what little I've seen of him (Traverse City and a couple of junior games I've streamed), it seems like he does a lot of things well without having any one area where he really excels. Think of a guy like Dubinsky, but bigger and with better hands.

Yogan seems to me like the kind of player who can be slotted in anywhere. If you put him with your top offensive guys, he can be a big body who goes to the net and the corners. If you put him with grinders, he can provide some skill and offense for the line by making plays.

I'd say his upside is probably a 50-55 point guy if he can successfully learn to translate his abilities to the NHL level. I doubt he'll ever be an offensive leader, but he can be a solid complementary guy.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:44 AM
GAGLine

Yogan's contract doesn't begin until next season. He signed an ATO to play with Hartford this season. Hagelin did the same thing last year.

We still have 1 NHL contract left for this season.

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=22

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 12:08 PM
freewheeler

Anyone as excited about this kid as me? I feel like there's not a ton of talk about him. He seems to be putting up a huge season. I realize he's older, but he's also missed critical time with injuries, and yet is still dominating. Dubi 2.0? Another nice snag by Gordie and co.

freewheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 12:32 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

http://blueshirtsunited.com/photos/1...n-andrew-yogan

Here's a link for anyone interested confirming he signed. He'll get some time in Hartford over the next couple years to see if he can develop into a nice player. The great thing about having Stepan and Anisimov to go with Richards and Boyle is that our center prospects don't need to be rushed to the NHL. If Yogan develops his defensive side and faceoffs in Hartford, I can see him taking Boyle's spot a couple years down the road.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 12:58 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
http://blueshirtsunited.com/photos/1...n-andrew-yogan

Here's a link for anyone interested confirming he signed. He'll get some time in Hartford over the next couple years to see if he can develop into a nice player. The great thing about having Stepan and Anisimov to go with Richards and Boyle is that our center prospects don't need to be rushed to the NHL. If Yogan develops his defensive side and faceoffs in Hartford, I can see him taking Boyle's spot a couple years down the road.
Couple of years? Hopefully next year. Boyle is incredibly challenged offensively

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:00 PM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
Comparisons for the kid have been along the mold of a Arnott/Antropov type player, so a reliable 2nd line Center, pretty good for a late round draft pick.

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Giacomin

I have heard a lot of good things about him. Lets hope the Rangers keep stocking the farm system!

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Yogan has been primarily a LW since he stepped into the OHL. He's not going to be a center at the professional level. He sure as hell isn't good enough defensively to take Boyle's spot.

He's got quality upside as a power-winger who can score some goals and be used on any of the top-3 lines. Think Troy Brouwer as his upside.

Last edited by Trxjw: 03-26-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Don't even want to start...
Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:11 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

not that i've seen him play in juniors, but the petes website lists him as a center:
http://www.gopetesgo.com/roster/show/id/1186

AdamBanks99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:13 PM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Couple of years? Hopefully next year. Boyle is incredibly challenged offensively
yeah, i'm sure Yogan will light the league up in Boyle's spot...

Boyle >>>>>> Yogan

this year, next year, and for many years.

SomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:20 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBroadwayHat View Post
Comparisons for the kid have been along the mold of a Arnott/Antropov type player, so a reliable 2nd line Center, pretty good for a late round draft pick.
Arnott/Antropov...I d k if you know but those are 2 huge and very big different comparisons..

im hoping a lot more for Arnott and lot less of Antropov.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Question I am unsure of. Obviously Yogan can play in the AHL and have his ELC kick in on July 1st. My question is, with him being signed, can the Rangers call him up to play, while burning a year on his ELC, if they really feel like they need him? In other words, is it set in stone that the contract begins July 1 or can they make the choice to burn the year?

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:28 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Question I am unsure of. Obviously Yogan can play in the AHL and have his ELC kick in on July 1st. My question is, with him being signed, can the Rangers call him up to play, while burning a year on his ELC, if they really feel like they need him? In other words, is it set in stone that the contract begins July 1 or can they make the choice to burn the year?
If they bring up Yogan,they lose the first year.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBanks99 View Post
not that i've seen him play in juniors, but the petes website lists him as a center:
http://www.gopetesgo.com/roster/show/id/1186
That's my fault, I said OHL when I meant to say AHL. Though he's spent a lot of time on the wing with the Petes and with Erie as well.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
If they bring up Yogan,they lose the first year.
The question was whether or not they can bring him up at all. I take it the answer is yes.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:36 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Yogan has been primarily a LW since he stepped into the OHL. He's not going to be a center at the professional level. He sure as hell isn't good enough defensively to take Boyle's spot.

People need to stop stat watching and watch some actual games. He's got quality upside as a power-winger who can score some goals and be used on any of the top-3 lines. Think Troy Brouwer as his upside.
Where did anyone say anything otherwise..?

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:38 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Where did anyone say anything otherwise..?
I believe he was referring to the comment made earlier about Yogan replacing Boyle as a C in a couple years.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:46 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

The Rangers plan is to sign Kreider and play him. All of these other kids leaving school to turn pro such as Drew Shore,Reilly Smith,Austin Smith,Riley Sheahan and Jaden Schwartz are concerned about school too. They worked it out with their professors.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:52 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
Arnott/Antropov...I d k if you know but those are 2 huge and very big different comparisons..

im hoping a lot more for Arnott and lot less of Antropov.
I like what Antropov brings with his size but Arnott was more skilled.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:01 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I like what Antropov brings with his size but Arnott was more skilled.
Antropov has good size and skill,but he is no Arnott...Arnott is way more skilled! But Antropov is still a very useful player.Obviousley he is still in the NHL and secure with Winn.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:45 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Yogan became a better third liner than Boyle.

Boyle is a 4th liner who's a very good PKer.

Don't see the comparison though since Yogan is a LW, no?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:44 AM
bogans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Yogan became a better third liner than Boyle.

Boyle is a 4th liner who's a very good PKer.

Don't see the comparison though since Yogan is a LW, no?
The guy is an overage player in the OHL this season and didn't blow the doors off by any means. The knock on his game is that he has no defensive conscience and that he doesn't play as big as his body would allow (doesn't work the corners real well). He also is not very good at the dot. He was a man playing with boys this season. If you expect him to take Boyle's place, I think you are sorely mistaken. This kid either learns how to translate into a power forward left wing in three to four years or he doesn't make it from what I can tell. Unless he gets to Hartford and they totally transform the kind of player he is to be a defensive minded center iceman. I doubt it though.

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote