HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus vs. Edmonton | 3/25 3PM EDT

Old
03-26-2012, 03:07 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
She lives! Search parties being recalled.
Y'all need to show up in Gameday Live Chat more often.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Don't forget Moose. Used to head up to Montreal for the F1 race. Not sure any of the natives would acknowledge NASCAR existed unless it was to ridicule. Not that I blame them, F1 rocks.
Well, you know what the NASCAR fan asked the F1 fan, right?

"Holy crap, how long does qualifying go on for anyway?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I think this is the first time I could say I've legitimately enjoyed postgame posts in one of these GDTs in a long, long time.
I notice that your enjoyment seems to be directly tied to exactly how much of a screwball I feel like being. Duly noted.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:17 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Live chat room? How so 1998. Ahh... Memories...

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:31 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I was there and that's about what I estimated.
Here's the only attendance stat that matters--bottom 5 in the league, two years running. This is a franchise that once had back-to-back seasons over 18,000 avg. attendance with a mediocre team. All that goodwill has been squandered and you have to wonder how long it is going to take to get it back. Which is exactly why they are pulling out the stop to keep their remaining season ticket holders. Without the ASG next year, I'd hate to think what paid attendance might look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
What's Anaheim's excuse? I mean, if Columbus had Getzlaf, Perry, Sbisa, Visnovsky, Fowler, and Ryan and yet still were buried near the bottom, the peaceful protest would have been much larger and involved pitchforks and torches.
Fortunately it was in Anaheim and there's a lot of fair weather fans so no pitchforks were involved--people just drove up the highway to watch the Kings, the Lakers, the Clippers, etc. The Ducks have also seen a drop in attendance as people have found other things to do which is typical for the market.

As for the "excuse" it is exactly what I said at the beginning of the season--no depth. I mean, the Ducks depth was so bad to start the season that they acquired Nick Hagman off waivers when the conventional wisdom was he would pass through...and he was a vast improvement on their other depth forwards. Beyond the big line, they have Selanne and not much else. Koivu really should be a third line center at this point in his career and Selanne would be better served with a younger, quicker linemate (ala Andy Macdonald a few years back). It becomes easy to shut the Ducks down because you just shut down the Getzlaf/Perry line. Hiller, not suprisingly, took a while to round into form after his health problems last year. Some would also no doubt argue that the team had burnt out on Randy Carlyle's coaching system. Like most coaches, Carlyle had a shelf life and when the team struggled he started to get tuned--I think we've seen this play out a few times.

The Ducks defense is a mish mash. Not sure there is any great chemistry there and they've got a few guys who are getting to the twilight of their careers.

So, consider this--the Ducks are struggling because they have a great first line and no depth beyond that other than a future hall of famer. The Jackets don't have a great first line, let alone a future hall of famer sitting on their second line.

Remind me again, who should be sharpening the pitchforks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
It seems to me that seeing 3 Blue Jackets tweeting about golf, within 2 hours of getting their ***** kicked, and ensuring 30th place in the NHL for the season, just shows no one gives a damn in the locker room.
I could care less about the subject, but the fact that guys are still tweeting and presumably hanging out with a loser who will soon be in the unemployment line because of his inability to take his profession seriously is more troubling. That Commodore acquisition continues to look dumb even with him gone from the roster (but not our cap number).

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Socks
SharkCat Knows

Quote:
For reals. It's where all the cool kids hang out.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote