HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Tukonen

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-13-2006, 08:45 PM
  #1
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Tukonen

Why is Tukonen allowed to play in the AHL at 19? I thought you had to be 20 to play in the AHL?

Choice is offline  
Old
02-13-2006, 08:52 PM
  #2
skolgoar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
Why is Tukonen allowed to play in the AHL at 19? I thought you had to be 20 to play in the AHL?
Since he was playing in Europe and did not play in the CHL, he had the option to either go pro. In the CHL, with the limitation on the number of imports on a team, even if a European is drafted, the drafting team may not make much of a claim on the player.

skolgoar is offline  
Old
02-14-2006, 02:34 PM
  #3
Fingolfin
Registered User
 
Fingolfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
The new CBA also has provisions for 1st round draft picks to be eligible to play in the AHL, regardless of age.

- Fin

Fingolfin is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 02:28 PM
  #4
Choice
Registered User
 
Choice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: nyc
Country: Lithuania
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
Thanks

Choice is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 02:40 PM
  #5
willie
Registered User
 
willie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 3,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolfin
The new CBA also has provisions for 1st round draft picks to be eligible to play in the AHL, regardless of age.

- Fin
Care to elaborate? I have heard of no such provisions - at least with respect to players playing major junior in Canada. As far as I know the CHL-NHL agreement remains fully in tact. The only reason Horton et al played last year was due to a special exemption because of the lockout.

Of course, NCAA players & non-CHL Europeans - like always - can play in the AHL at nineteen.

willie is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 03:01 PM
  #6
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
Care to elaborate? I have heard of no such provisions - at least with respect to players playing major junior in Canada. As far as I know the CHL-NHL agreement remains fully in tact. The only reason Horton et al played last year was due to a special exemption because of the lockout.

Of course, NCAA players & non-CHL Europeans - like always - can play in the AHL at nineteen.

I haven't heard of that provision either. Maybe Fingolfin has a copy of the CBA and is holding out on us????

Captain Ron is offline  
Old
02-18-2006, 08:33 PM
  #7
Osprey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 14,300
vCash: 500
I've heard the same as Fin.

Osprey is offline  
Old
02-19-2006, 06:50 PM
  #8
Fingolfin
Registered User
 
Fingolfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
I don't have an official souce I can quote on this, it's just what I was told by a member of the Kings organization. Apparantly the provisions that allowed certain players to play in the AHL during the lockout weren't as broad as most clubs would have liked, so they added this to the new agreement to allow for more controlled player development.

- Fin

Fingolfin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.