HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Tukonen

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2006, 08:45 PM
Choice

vCash: 500
Tukonen

Why is Tukonen allowed to play in the AHL at 19? I thought you had to be 20 to play in the AHL?

Old
02-13-2006, 08:52 PM
skolgoar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice
Why is Tukonen allowed to play in the AHL at 19? I thought you had to be 20 to play in the AHL?
Since he was playing in Europe and did not play in the CHL, he had the option to either go pro. In the CHL, with the limitation on the number of imports on a team, even if a European is drafted, the drafting team may not make much of a claim on the player.

Old
02-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Fingolfin

The new CBA also has provisions for 1st round draft picks to be eligible to play in the AHL, regardless of age.

- Fin

Old
02-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Choice

Thanks

Old
02-18-2006, 02:40 PM
willie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingolfin
The new CBA also has provisions for 1st round draft picks to be eligible to play in the AHL, regardless of age.

- Fin
Care to elaborate? I have heard of no such provisions - at least with respect to players playing major junior in Canada. As far as I know the CHL-NHL agreement remains fully in tact. The only reason Horton et al played last year was due to a special exemption because of the lockout.

Of course, NCAA players & non-CHL Europeans - like always - can play in the AHL at nineteen.

Old
02-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
Care to elaborate? I have heard of no such provisions - at least with respect to players playing major junior in Canada. As far as I know the CHL-NHL agreement remains fully in tact. The only reason Horton et al played last year was due to a special exemption because of the lockout.

Of course, NCAA players & non-CHL Europeans - like always - can play in the AHL at nineteen.

I haven't heard of that provision either. Maybe Fingolfin has a copy of the CBA and is holding out on us????

Old
02-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Osprey

I've heard the same as Fin.

Old
02-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Fingolfin

I don't have an official souce I can quote on this, it's just what I was told by a member of the Kings organization. Apparantly the provisions that allowed certain players to play in the AHL during the lockout weren't as broad as most clubs would have liked, so they added this to the new agreement to allow for more controlled player development.

- Fin

Closed Thread