HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Look Ahead: 2012 NHL Entry Draft Pt. 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2012, 03:23 PM
  #101
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,567
vCash: 50
They have Galchenyuk going at 19th. That basically tosses all credibility in a blender and hits "frappe" as far as I am concerned.

Avder is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 03:27 PM
  #102
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=78958

Oh man, squidz was the first poster to come to mind when I read who this person thinks we should take...
Galchenyuk at #19 huh? Hmmm...

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 03:30 PM
  #103
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
They have Galchenyuk going at 19th. That basically tosses all credibility in a blender and hits "frappe" as far as I am concerned.
I've seen a couple weird ones. One had Trouba going 20ish to Chicago. And now this. I like how he even says it's "a risk" at #19.

Dr Jan Itor is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 03:35 PM
  #104
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,656
vCash: 500
Brett Connolly didn't drop past 6...doubt Gal drops further than 8, and that would be a stretch.

Jarick is online now  
Old
03-26-2012, 03:47 PM
  #105
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3
 
SphinX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,522
vCash: 500
At this point i really feel like trading one of our good prospects (Larsson/Zucker) for Columbus' 1st and our 2nd (if it goes that way)

I want Nail and i want the hype around picking 1st..

There.. I said it..

SphinX is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 04:19 PM
  #106
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots
 
bozak911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
I dunno...

With that list...

I'd be hard pressed not to call other GMs to find a sweet deal...

bozak911 is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 04:25 PM
  #107
se7en
infamous...
 
se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mission Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
At this point i really feel like trading one of our good prospects (Larsson/Zucker) for Columbus' 1st and our 2nd (if it goes that way)

I want Nail and i want the hype around picking 1st..

There.. I said it..
A few weeks ago I asked Russo if the Wild would ever do something like this to get the #1 overall pick (I asked "would the Wild ever try to trade up to the first overall pick to get Nail?" & Russo responded with:

"No Chance"

I maybe read too much into Russo's response but that actually prompted me to make a post in here asking if we would even take Nail if we got the first overall pick? Just that blunt of response from Russo made me feel like we have no interest in the Russian, which I'm sure isnt exactly the case.. But it would appear that the Wild are going to go a much more conservative route unless the #1 overall just falls in our lap due to the lottery...

se7en is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 04:29 PM
  #108
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
A few weeks ago I asked Russo if the Wild would ever do something like this to get the #1 overall pick (I asked "would the Wild ever try to trade up to the first overall pick to get Nail?" & Russo responded with:

"No Chance"

I maybe read too much into Russo's response but that actually prompted me to ask if we would even take Nail if we got the first overall pick? Just that blunt of response from Russo made me feel like we have no interest in the Russian, which I'm sure isnt exactly the case.. But it would appear that the Wild are going to go a much more conservative route unless the #1 overall just falls in our lap due to the lottery...
That's a little disappointing.

A bold move to get Nail might actually be the shock from the defibrillator this franchise really needs.

Oh well, no sense getting ahead of ourselves. We need to secure the #2 pick first of all. Then we can talk about some kind of possible trade with the Jackets.

Avder is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 04:33 PM
  #109
UMD05
Hobey Baker Champs
 
UMD05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: St. Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
A few weeks ago I asked Russo if the Wild would ever do something like this to get the #1 overall pick (I asked "would the Wild ever try to trade up to the first overall pick to get Nail?" & Russo responded with:

"No Chance"

I maybe read too much into Russo's response but that actually prompted me to make a post in here asking if we would even take Nail if we got the first overall pick? Just that blunt of response from Russo made me feel like we have no interest in the Russian, which I'm sure isnt exactly the case.. But it would appear that the Wild are going to go a much more conservative route unless the #1 overall just falls in our lap due to the lottery...
"No chance" reads to me like the cost of moving up would be too high, not that they'd pass on Nail if they win the lottery.

UMD05 is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 04:35 PM
  #110
mnwild2012
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/144069836.html

Don't know if that was posted already or not. They talk about the Russian stuff in it.

mnwild2012 is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 04:36 PM
  #111
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3
 
SphinX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
A few weeks ago I asked Russo if the Wild would ever do something like this to get the #1 overall pick (I asked "would the Wild ever try to trade up to the first overall pick to get Nail?" & Russo responded with:

"No Chance"

I maybe read too much into Russo's response but that actually prompted me to make a post in here asking if we would even take Nail if we got the first overall pick? Just that blunt of response from Russo made me feel like we have no interest in the Russian, which I'm sure isnt exactly the case.. But it would appear that the Wild are going to go a much more conservative route unless the #1 overall just falls in our lap due to the lottery...
I hear you.. But! ;

Our franschise needs a big boost commercially before next season to keep people satisfied and hopeful.
And say we dont get either Parise/Suter etc, a thing we could do is this..

And say that BJ's are affraid of russians after all, they could actually be very interested in selling down with our potential 2/3 and maybe Larsson and our Wsh pick.

I say do it!

i mean:

Heater - FBJ - Yaku!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...er-simpson.jpg

SphinX is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 04:43 PM
  #112
se7en
infamous...
 
se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mission Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,090
vCash: 500
Oh hey, Im right there with you guys! I honestly am almost Nail or Bust. I dont want anyone else.. I want an offensive super star, I want someone to be excited about (& Im sorry but Granlund doesn't do it for me... I think at best he'll be PMB 2.0 which is good but he needs a Nail to play on a line with..)

I am all for doing what it takes to get Nail.. And also Parise (& Suter hahaha)

Parise-Koivu-Heatley-Setoguchi-Granlund-And Nail.

I fully support a top 6 of that!

se7en is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 04:46 PM
  #113
MrGoneWild
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Sweden
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Ryan Murray-Ryan Suter = Winning

MrGoneWild is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 05:08 PM
  #114
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,924
vCash: 500
To Russo's comment, I think it's a reflection of this year's draft and how even the top tier guys have warts. Nail maybe dynamic, but he's small, Russian, and has two concussions under his belt.

The cost to move up would probably be high, but you aren't getting much value in moving up. There are a lot of players who might be better NHLers than Nail.

nickschultzfan is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 05:18 PM
  #115
se7en
infamous...
 
se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mission Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
To Russo's comment, I think it's a reflection of this year's draft and how even the top tier guys have warts. Nail maybe dynamic, but he's small, Russian, and has two concussions under his belt.

The cost to move up would probably be high, but you aren't getting much value in moving up. There are a lot of players who might be better NHLers than Nail.
2 concussions!? Damn I didnt know that, I thought it was just the one he just got... That's what i get for not paying attention.. That's too bad...

Well, My opinion has now changed. Thanks for dropping a deuce on my dreams NickShultzfan

damn it... Is it so much to ask to have just one 30+ frickin goal scorer on our team!?

se7en is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 05:26 PM
  #116
nickschultzfan
Registered User
 
nickschultzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
2 concussions!? Damn I didnt know that, I thought it was just the one he just got... That's what i get for not paying attention.. That's too bad...

Well, My opinion has now changed. Thanks for dropping a deuce on my dreams NickShultzfan

damn it... Is it so much to ask to have just one 30+ frickin goal scorer on our team!?
Well, have your hopes up, I could be wrong. I'm going off complete hearsay on the 2nd concussion.

nickschultzfan is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 05:42 PM
  #117
Minnesota
Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 15,205
vCash: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=78958

Oh man, squidz was the first poster to come to mind when I read who this person thinks we should take...
Man, that draft list is strange. Galchenyuk is way too low, and I'd like to hear his why these scouts project Reinhart above Trouba. I still think Forsberg's going to be good, but I'm not sure he's the right selection for Minnesota.

I'm going to say the Eastern Scouts list is much more accurate.

Minnesota is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 06:07 PM
  #118
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 11,147
vCash: 97
Our luck is we'd get Nail only to have him struggle with concussions.

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 06:08 PM
  #119
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Our luck is we'd get Nail only to have him struggle with concussions.
The fact that you are probably spot on here makes me very. very sad.

Avder is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 06:12 PM
  #120
se7en
infamous...
 
se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mission Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,090
vCash: 500
yup...

Im almost in disbelief how little faith I left in this organization even when it comes to luck...

I feel like every pick we have won't pan out or will get injured

I feel like no big FA's will sign here

I feel like our existing players will continue to get riddled with injuries costing us huge chunks of the season.

I feel like any goal scorer that comes here will forget how to score goals

I could go on & on...

Basically I just feel like the hockey gods hate us...

se7en is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 06:39 PM
  #121
Wild48
Our Savior
 
Wild48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Duluth
Country: United States
Posts: 1,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
yup...

Im almost in disbelief how little faith I left in this organization even when it comes to luck...

I feel like every pick we have won't pan out or will get injured

I feel like no big FA's will sign here

I feel like our existing players will continue to get riddled with injuries costing us huge chunks of the season.

I feel like any goal scorer that comes here will forget how to score goals

I could go on & on...

Basically I just feel like the hockey gods hate us...
They are upset with us for not forming a human wall to trap the North Stars in the state. It's the only explanation.

Wild48 is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 07:02 PM
  #122
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?
 
Avder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The ANGRY DOME
Country: United States
Posts: 31,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild48 View Post
They are upset with us for not forming a human wall to trap the North Stars in the state. It's the only explanation.
That about sums up my theory.

Avder is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 08:01 PM
  #123
NHL1674
Whatever...
 
NHL1674's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 11,147
vCash: 97
So what do we need to do in order to end the curse? If it involves the hair of a rat, an old North Stars media guide, a shot of whiskey, and hanging Norm Green Greed over a fire pit....count me in!

NHL1674 is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 08:06 PM
  #124
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,977
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
So what do we need to do in order to end the curse? If it involves the hair of a rat, an old North Stars media guide, a shot of whiskey, and hanging Norm Green Greed over a fire pit....count me in!
A ritual involving blood? Count me in, I'm an expert.

Puhis is online now  
Old
03-26-2012, 08:14 PM
  #125
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil
 
Victorious Secret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 11,176
vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
yup...

Im almost in disbelief how little faith I left in this organization even when it comes to luck...

I feel like every pick we have won't pan out or will get injured

I feel like no big FA's will sign here

I feel like our existing players will continue to get riddled with injuries costing us huge chunks of the season.

I feel like any goal scorer that comes here will forget how to score goals

I could go on & on...

Basically I just feel like the hockey gods hate us...
Look on the bright side. We've got a pretty bit**in' goalie coach!

Victorious Secret is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.