HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official GDT: Hartford Wolf Pack @ Portland Pirates ~ 2-19-06

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2006, 02:19 PM
majicpixie

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Official GDT: Hartford Wolf Pack @ Portland Pirates ~ 2-19-06

Good luck, guys!! Let's win another one! GO PACK!! GO CHAD!!!

Old
02-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Pack up 1-0 on a PP Blast by Girardi. Pock and Immonen get the assists.

First Period thoughts:

Immonen hasn't seen much ice, and at first I didn't think he even dressed.

Dawes, Genoway, Helminen relied on much as the main line.

Fedorov is all flash, nothing else. He tried to take on a Portland forward and both defenseman and the played was stopped and turned the other way.

Taylor has taken amazing strides, he's huge, looks rock solid, skates strong and fast, he's not slow by any means. I'm not sure if the offense is all there so I'd say he could atleast be a number 5.

Liffiton I love as well. For a guy who drops the gloves as often as he, he is as complete a hockey player there is. Great skater, led the rush one or two times, makes good passes, I'm impressed. Watching him I think a number 4 defenseman. Takes the body hard.

Nothing much from Jessiman other than he's tall, still lanky, decent skater, and really took to a physical game. He really roughed up a Portland forward at the center ice boards.

Pock is a speed demon. He went coast to coast on an early PP, and got a shot off. But so far I see a one dimensional guy.

Girardi is a mystery for the sole fact that he was a gift pickup. He looks like a player, honestly but being available like he was is weird. He appears to be a solid rearguard that can bring good offense from the D but can also stand up and play D.

Falardeau's got wheels from the two or three shifts I saw and has a pro body. Not sure about the offense but looked alright on the PK and even strength shift. I want to see more of him.

Baranka I'm a bit underwhelmed by. I see all the tools there...skating, size, puck skills. But he's not standing out and a few times I'm seeing forwards handle him with ease and or blow by him. There was one play where a forward threw him into the back of our own net so I figure he still needs to add some lower body strength, strength in general really.

Wiseman, Weller, Fedorov, Grenier don't seem to have a future with the Rangers. Giroux is a tweener and one of those guys that should be given a look to make sure.

In all, we are extremely wealthy in the defenseman department. Tyutin, Staal, Sauer, Liffiton, Baranka, Taylor, Pock and others like Flatt.

Old
02-19-2006, 04:04 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Girardi's goal was a questionable one, but it seems in that the Ref made the right call, as the puck hit the bar in the net, and not the cross bar.

Old
02-19-2006, 04:16 PM
romba

3-0 pack. 2nd goal was from Weller, Falardeau, Sonnenberg with assists, and 3rd was from Pock, Grenier and Helminen with the assists.

Old
02-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

2-0: Weller from Falardeau and Sonnenberg.
3-0: PP blast by Pock from Helminen and Baranka.

Pock has an absolute bomb from the point. Let's hope he pulls together a good defensive game.

Old
02-19-2006, 04:30 PM
romba

4-1
(G-PP)Genoway....(A)Baranka (A)Pock
Pack are 3 for 4 on the PP so far.

Old
02-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

That was not what you call pulling together a good defensive game by Pock. He just completely let himself coast out of the play skating backwards and let Shannon rifle it past Gherson. He's got suspect defensive awareness for sure.

Old
02-19-2006, 04:42 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Pock moved into 2nd place in points among defensemen. Only guy who has more is NHL vet Andy Delmore who has 51 points to Pocks 46.

16 Points in his last 10 games...those are some amazing #s. If he can work on his defensive game to get it to even around average then he should deserve another look at for the Rangers this season.

Old
02-19-2006, 05:39 PM
eco's bones

In the game I saw in Binghamton Taylor did look like he moved very well. He was better than I expected. Falardeau does have good size and does skate well and he forechecks hard. Liffiton seems like he might be a better version of Lampman. A little bigger and quite a lot meaner. As for Baranka he is very young still and might just need to grow a little more and get a little stronger. And Girardi has been playing very solid. He's racking up a lot of points but also I believe has the best +/- on the team.

Last edited by eco's bones: 02-19-2006 at 05:40 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old
02-19-2006, 08:12 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
4-3 Pack, final.

Man, the Pack sure moved the puck well on the PP tonight.

If I were Pock, I'd just stop joining the rush for the rest of the season and devote myself to improving my defensive play. The kid could clearly be a solid contributer on offense in the NHL, but christ, his defense is simply attrocious. He never seems to have any idea where he is supposed to be in the defensive end.

Old
02-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by midclasscasualty
4-3 Pack, final.

Man, the Pack sure moved the puck well on the PP tonight.

If I were Pock, I'd just stop joining the rush for the rest of the season and devote myself to improving my defensive play. The kid could clearly be a solid contributer on offense in the NHL, but christ, his defense is simply attrocious. He never seems to have any idea where he is supposed to be in the defensive end.
Isn't it amazing that Baranka had two assists but stood out the least of out future pro prospects? But he still had the puck skills to contribute on the PP and pick up two helpers. I just hope he adds some lower body strength and becomes proactive rather than reactive. He didn't seem to assert himself much tonight.

Another thing is Weller was exposed for the stop gap leader he is. It took St. Jacques to level him hard before he woke up and finally tried to forecheck hard.

Old
02-19-2006, 11:10 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
Isn't it amazing that Baranka had two assists but stood out the least of out future pro prospects? But he still had the puck skills to contribute on the PP and pick up two helpers. I just hope he adds some lower body strength and becomes proactive rather than reactive. He didn't seem to assert himself much tonight.

Another thing is Weller was exposed for the stop gap leader he is. It took St. Jacques to level him hard before he woke up and finally tried to forecheck hard.
I would not make assertions based on a single game about a player's overall development., unless ofcourse it is the continuation of good or poor play. For example, Baranka was in my opinion, the best defenseman on the ice Saturday night.

Old
02-19-2006, 11:10 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance

The few times ive seen Baranka this season he has looked very proactive rather then reactive, maybe it was an off game for him. He always takes the body and usually has 1-2 big hits, he usually looks like the best "defensive" defensmen we have out there that doesnt make costly mistakes like ive seen Taylor, Lifton and Pock do.

Closed Thread