WE NEED A BODYBAG OVER HERE Jets lose to the Sens 6-4

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Savagestevo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Pavelec has started 64 games this season and will most likely play about 68-69.

Once Mason showed he was a more than capable backup the coaching staff should not have messed with that. What do we get from this, a worn out and tired Pavelec down the stretch and ice cold Mason.
I've noticed this too. I remember during the Penguins game they were calling him unathletic, but he isn't. He's just dog tired. I know he WANTED to play every single game down the stretch but that doesn't mean you actually have to play him in every single one. It's detrimental to the team. A fresh Mason is probably better than a burnt out Pavelec, but even if you did put in Mason now he'd just be cold as ice.

I think I saw a Flames fan say that this happens a lot with his team and Kipper. He'll be great during most of the season but near the end he'll trail off simply because he's played so many and ran out of gas.

Old
PaperRockChamp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensibleGuy View Post
jesus. that was an infuriating game. The struggle we seem to have to get the puck over our blue line and out of the zone is incredible. Even when it seems like theres not much pressure half the time the puck ends up hitting an opposing player and bouncing back in...frustration factor 10! And the give-aways! Yikes!

Pavs was pissed too.
Get out of my head. I cannot agree with you more.

Old
Huffer

Even though we lost, I still think that was a great game. Both teams were going end to end, there were chances and hits everywhere. A couple of bounces and we win that one. But that's the way it goes sometimes.

And lol to the posters in the GDT who think that this one was Pavlec's fault or that he somehow has to come into camp next year and rebound? It would help if you actually watched the other 75 or so games this year. You might realize that without Pavelec, we are battling hard for Yakupov.

Old
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
Coaching staff should also figure out how to play the fourth line more than five minutes over the ENTIRE game.
Especially with how good all of them have been over this recent stretch.

Literally makes no sense.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:20 PM
South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
Coaching staff should also figure out how to play the fourth line more than five minutes over the ENTIRE game.
Especially when your top line was -4, -4, and -3.

Old
IMckay

Entertaining game, obviously disappointing outcome.

Thought we didn't play terrible, just had some really bad mistakes defensively. A couple bounces, and if we put that penalty shot in, and it's a W for us. That's how much of a line this game can have sometimes. As the team grows we'll hopefully see them able to handle it a little better

Old
meedle

well now that we are pretty much out of it, I think its time to bring the tank out. We are 3 points out of 6th spot at the draft =)

Old
03-26-2012, 10:21 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
And lol to the posters in the GDT who think that this one was Pavlec's fault or that he somehow has to come into camp next year and rebound? It would help if you actually watched the other 75 or so games this year. You might realize that without Pavelec, we are battling hard for Yakupov.
So.....
Much.....
Truth.......

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Of course, something tells me if Clitsome was in, Noel wouldn't have had to use 4 defensemen almost all game. Not sure what Stuart did. Anyone have any better insight on that possibly?

Old
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Especially with how good all of them have been over this recent stretch.

Literally makes no sense.
Seriously. I feel bad for Machacek. He has been one of the best effort guys in every single game he's played (not to mention the many many offensive zone chances he has provided the past few games) and gets rewarded by riding the pine or boarding a plane to the Ice Caps.

Old
razorsedge
West Town Sports

The frustration Pavs had concerning the D is very evident. Noel better figure out how to keep the fight alive in the team for next game.

Old
sixty minute hockey

JETS
Y-U-NO WIN

Old
03-26-2012, 10:23 PM
teucer

What I would really like is a younger goaltender that will fight for starts with Pavs, so Pavs doesn't burn himself out. I feel he is playing some games that he shouldn't be playing, his body language just shows it.

Old
Bane99

Pavelec is the only reason we had a shot at the playoffs. Not his best game but the team bagged it in front of him. The top line was a combined minus 11.

Old
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
poor goalie management this year, our overrated D especially mini Enstrom weak tonight. The 5th Ottawa goal was embarrassing with bantam sized Enstrom in front of the net.

Old
IMckay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Of course, something tells me if Clitsome was in, Noel wouldn't have had to use 4 defensemen almost all game. Not sure what Stuart did. Anyone have any better insight on that possibly?
I'm just as confused as you. I thought Stu had a really good 1st, played physical and didn't make many glaring errors. Maybe he was injured a bit, or maybe he really just wanted to shelter Jones and didn't want to mess with the pairings. Though I don't think either of the two top pairings played particularly well, so I don't see why he would do that

Old
03-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

No one is a bigger Pavelec supporter than myself, especially watching him from the early days when he would get called up for a few and absolutely **** the bed every night, and now into the confident starter I knew he could be.

While the fact remains true that this season he has been the Jets' MVP, it doesn't escape the fact that this team has a very capable backup in Chris Mason who should have seen much more starts down this stretch.

Mason last season played 33 games, had a 3.39 .GAA and .892 .SV%.

This season he played 18 games, had a 2.40 .GAA and .903 .SV%. It makes absolutely no sense to make Pavelec play night after night (including a number of back to backs) when your backup has numbers as respectable as Chris'.

Absolutely zero sense in Mason seeing so much bench time.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:25 PM
South Beach

Not playing your players when they have been playing well really destroys their confidence. Noel does not play a defensive game. His game is entirely offensive minded and that showed tonight.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:26 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
No one is a bigger Pavelec supporter than myself, especially watching him from the early days when he would get called up for a few and absolutely **** the bed every night.

While the fact remains true that this season he has been the Jets' MVP, it doesn't escape the fact that this team has a very capable backup in Chris Mason who should have seen much more starts down this stretch.

This season he played 18 games, had a 2.40 .GAA and .903 .SV%. It makes absolutely no sense to make Pavelec play night after night (including a number of back to backs) when your backup has numbers as respectable as Chris'.
Yeah, pretty much....

Old
03-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Rheged
JMFT

Entire team was bad defensively tonight, no one alone deserves the blame.

Entertaining game still.

Old
03-26-2012, 10:27 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Didn't really see a lot of fight from a lot of the Jets players in the stretch drive, something our friends in Atlanta saw the past couple of years. Don't think it's the coaching, time to change some of the players.

Old
IMckay

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach View Post
Not playing your players when they have been playing well really destroys their confidence. Noel does not play a defensive game. His game is entirely offensive minded and that showed tonight.
I think you are way off on this..

Old
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

vCash: 131
I'll say it again because it bares repeating:

**** YOU OTTAWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
poor goalie management this year, our overrated D especially mini Enstrom weak tonight. The 5th Ottawa goal was embarrassing with bantam sized Enstrom in front of the net.
It should be Buff in front of the net but he usually leaves all the defensive chores to Toby.

Old
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
No one is a bigger Pavelec supporter than myself, especially watching him from the early days when he would get called up for a few and absolutely **** the bed every night, and now into the confident starter I knew he could be.

I was going to look these numbers up, so I'm glad you posted them.

Outrageous that with solid numbers Mason plays nearly half the games that he played last year when he was terrible. Makes no sense.

Closed Thread