WE NEED A BODYBAG OVER HERE Jets lose to the Sens 6-4

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2012, 11:27 PM
cocorico

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
Of course, something tells me if Clitsome was in, Noel wouldn't have had to use 4 defensemen almost all game. Not sure what Stuart did. Anyone have any better insight on that possibly?
Jones and Stuart injured?
Stuart had 6 hits in 1 period!
The "big 4" didn't play great. Terrible give away by Bogo.
Bad Coaching?

Interesting to read the Sun on Friday:

From the Winnipeg Sun 3-23-12

Stuart heart and soul
If everyone on the Jets played with the kind of heart Mark Stuart displayed Friday night, they would be a playoff team for sure.
Stuart was a physical force and fearless shotblocker, as he always is, in the win over Washington. For good measure he saved a goal on a diving play and did everything a leader should do in a game of such vital importance.
In the first period alone, Stuart hammered three of the Capitals and left them all lying on their backsides. He even jumped into the rush to create scoring chances a few times.
All season long, Stuart has been one of the most consistent Jets, a guy who hates to lose more than anyone and who never takes a shift off.
This may be captain Andrew Ladd’s team, but Stuart is its heart and soul.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:27 PM
albator71

Sens fan coming in peace

You guys have a lot to be optimistic about, the atmosphere at MTS center is awesome, you guys deserved a better faith tonight, we were very lucky to win. Anyway watch out for the Jets in the upcoming season you guys rock!!!

Old
03-26-2012, 11:28 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach View Post
It should be Buff in front of the net but he usually leaves all the defensive chores to Toby.
He's had a couple of gems lately too.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:30 PM
JetsFan815

Kane's wraparound pass to Wellwood was a thing of beauty.

Old
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

vCash: 50
I went over to the Sens board to say good game but then read some of the PGT and decided not too.

If they had lost it would have been all the refs fault, even though Burmi got 2nd slashed while with the puck so everyone saw it, Wheeler got a elbow on the face off, and Ladd got high sticked.
**** happens.

I am pretty happy that not a single person whined when Wheeler got elbowed. Blaming refs for losses is for losers with homer glasses.

They allowed 48 shots on net and still were blaming the refs.

Old
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Pavs obviously needs a rest but putting an ice cold Mason in against the Rangers is setting him up for ermbarrasement. Talk about painting yourself into a no win situation.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Snowman

The end of that game kind of sums up our whole season. We fight like crazy to get back in the game and then promptly shoot ourselves in the foot.

Old
IMckay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
No one is a bigger Pavelec supporter than myself, especially watching him from the early days when he would get called up for a few and absolutely **** the bed every night, and now into the confident starter I knew he could be.

While the fact remains true that this season he has been the Jets' MVP, it doesn't escape the fact that this team has a very capable backup in Chris Mason who should have seen much more starts down this stretch.

Mason last season played 33 games, had a 3.39 .GAA and .892 .SV%.

This season he played 18 games, had a 2.40 .GAA and .903 .SV%. It makes absolutely no sense to make Pavelec play night after night (including a number of back to backs) when your backup has numbers as respectable as Chris'.

Absolutely zero sense in Mason seeing so much bench time.
Yep, especially considering how hard he works and how well liked he seems to be in the dressing room.

I think it's the problem of being a bubble playoff team. The same thing happened when I followed Calgary before the Jets came back. Every game seems to be a must-win game, so it's hard to not play your backup. I'm sure if you ask Claude he'll tell you Mason should've played more. I think it's just hard to make that call and by the time the end of the season comes around you realize you should've. Hopefully he'll fix that next year.

Old
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

My concern is that Pavs may think he is continuously hung out to dry. And if that isn't rectified quick, we may see our star goalie wanting out of the organization (keep in mind I also don't know what his current contract agreement is too ).

Is anyone else concerned about this?

Old
03-26-2012, 11:33 PM
Kamina
Amok

Wow, what a great game... One of, if not the, best all year. Hope you guys can cheer for us in the playoffs. When you do, I`ll definitely hop on the bandwagon.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Maybe Tommy Salami has one more year...

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...ay-than-retire

He will be a Free Agent...

Old
dobiezeke*

Pavs is the only reason this team was sniffing the playoffs...crapping on the coaching staff for riding the guy who was bringing you to the game is laughable.

Old
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
My concern is that Pavs may think he is continuously hung out to dry. And if that isn't rectified quick, we may see our star goalie wanting out of the organization (keep in mind I also don't know what his current contract agreement is too ).

Is anyone else concerned about this?
I thought about that to.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:35 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
Pavs is the only reason this team was sniffing the playoffs...crapping on the coaching staff for riding the guy who was bringing you to the game is laughable.
So you don't agree that Mason should have played considerably more games this season?

Old
03-26-2012, 11:35 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
I went over to the Sens board to say good game but then read some of the PGT and decided not too.

If they had lost it would have been all the refs fault, even though Burmi got 2nd slashed while with the puck so everyone saw it, Wheeler got a elbow on the face off, and Ladd got high sticked.
**** happens.

I am pretty happy that not a single person whined when Wheeler got elbowed. Blaming refs for losses is for losers with homer glasses.

I'm not sure what was worse. Our team defense, or the refs. Some awful non-calls both ways.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:36 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

Pavs was Essensa hot, you couldn't have him ride the pine...

Old
03-26-2012, 11:36 PM
South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMckay View Post
I think you are way off on this..
A lot of his "top" players tonight were not backchecking, they were only interested in going one way. As this continued all night, I have to assume that's what he wanted, offence.

The 4 defencemen he played all night are all considered "offensive." The two that are looked at as being "defensive" and play the PK, were hardly played. Obviously it cost them.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:37 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Sorry man... as appropriate as your thread title is, we need a little more of a description

I guess we all knew it was going to happen.

This team is just a little too young, and a little too underskilled at forward.

I really hope Chevy acts on some of the stuff he's seen this year. If he stands pat with this roster I will be very disappointed.
This team lacks talent , and that isn't being a hater.

Look at the roster out there tonight , they can play hard , be smart but in the end talent usually wins out if things are relatively equal.Some young players need to keep improving and growing , this year and next years drafts need to be productive down the road , and I believe we need to make a couple trades where we get better on the ice as a result of the trades.

After a full year Chevy has a very clear idea of the value of the players on the roster and will be in a good position to listen to offers and to make them as well imo.

There won't be many new players barring some trades I don't think , so to get better in the short term it has to be some players step up ( ala Kane and Wheeler ) as I don't see free agency being anything more than filling some secondary roles on the roster .

Great , fun ,passionate year , but it shows how far we have to go , that isn't a bad thing , it just is.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:37 PM
atl thrasher344
Believe in Blueland

Just to add: Mason has only started 13 games all season.

He's played in 18 but only started 13.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:38 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach View Post
A lot of his "top" players tonight were not backchecking, they were only interested in going one way. As this continued all night, I have to assume that's what he wanted, offence.

The 4 defencemen he played all night are all considered "offensive." The two that are looked at as being "defensive" and play the PK, were hardly played. Obviously it cost them.
By who? No one should consider Bogo or Hainsey offensive defenseman.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Kamina
Amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post

**** happens.

The Sens have had a pretty rough season when it comes to officiating, and we`ve all been pretty frustrated by it. The referees were just awful overall tonight too. Regardless, I agree it`s not much of an excuse. If the Sens want to even take one game against their playoff opponent (if they make it in), they`ll have to play better.

Old
jetsy

vCash: 485
While the season is winding down and we look back and forth, I have to say I enjoyed this first season back. Lots of highs and lows and great to see an entire city talking about the NHL. Tonight's game was fun to watch and had me fist pumping after every home goal at home. Nevertheless, tonight was not their greatest output. While there were periods of pure offensive effort, there was also some letdown. And I agree with others, defensively it was a sad game to watch at times. And I have to agree 100%, in this stretch I think Mason should have been given the starting job a little bit more often.

I have enjoyed Mason right from the start, and admittidely I was not a fan of Pavs. But as Pavelec grew more confident and was playing very well I really enjoyed his play in net. Lately though it seemed like Mason should have went in and took a bit of the burden off and let Andrej watch from the bench and take a breather. Yes, I see the point being made that pulling Pavelec could mess his confidence or perhaps his playing level but in my opinion, riding him was not a better option.

While we look ahead at the next 6 games, and about 99.5% likelihood the final games until October, Noel will be insane not to really find out what these guys can do. Not the proven players, but the unknowns. These last few could be a vital part of the start of the next season. Looking forward to some Jets hockey in the next week and half! It's been a long time...

Old
sensrulz

You guys played a solid and exciting game no reason to hang your heads, easily one of the most thrilling this season. GL next year.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:40 PM
South Beach

Quote:
He's had a couple of gems lately too.
I was actually being a little scarcastic. Poor Buff always lets Toby skate after the puck and work the corners whenever possible. He just stands there and waits for the puck to come out so he can play offence.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
By who? No one should consider Bogo or Hainsey offensive defenseman.
Bingo.

Closed Thread