HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RELAX! We have an easy schedule coming up!

Old
03-26-2012, 02:41 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
The annoying thing is dropping all the way to 4th. We could have the 2nd most points in the whole league, and be a 4th seed.

Personally, I hate the fact that the division winner automatically gets 1-3 seeding.
Yeah, definitely sucks, but I guess it makes winning the division more of a focal point.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:10 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Maybe his normal "bad month" self. If this was his normal self for the entire year he'd be either a backup or in the AHL.
You got spoiled by Hank this year. In his "down" time Lundqvist played better than Biron of late, but not by much. He is way better than that at this point. Lundqvist is okay and may become "unhuman" again in a month. This team is not just as good as he has been. I do not complain. I thank him for incredible season. Just wanted him to win Vezina and go past 1st round. All of that is still possible.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:15 PM
bscharf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL94com View Post
We play like Toronto, Montreal, Winnipeg etc. coming up! We might fall behind 1st tomorrow or whenever but we will win the division when all is said and done! Thats why we built up all those points before, so that when we struggle later (now) we'd still be in prime shape!

RELAX!
Its comments like these why I don't come to this site often anymore.

bscharf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:21 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
I highly disagree. He's a professional athlete. Anyone with any sense of pride and self respect will give 100% not matter what. I just think the whole team is tired.
This is typical misunderstanding of athletes by a fan. They all want to be their best. They just have little control over outcome of their hard work. They cannot improve at will. Well, they sometimes can do something, but it is illegal.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 03:25 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan89 View Post
Toronto schooled us earlier this season and they are just as much of a joke now then they were then. A fast, young and creative team will burn our tired defense and our floundering goalies.

Montreal ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS gives us problems, and it doesn't matter whether we play them at home or in their barn.
We've always struggled against the Thrash in past seasons and them being the Jets now changes nothing. Barely beat them the last time, and it was while we were playing better hockey.

This team is ice cold in all facets of the game. Nothing has come easy, and now it seems like injuries and bruises are taking its toll. Tonight marks the most worried I've been about the team all season.

Pray for misfortune on Pittsburgh or we're ****ed.
Very true..but thank goodness the game IS NOT in Montreal, otherwise we would have no chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
The one where we allowed like 5 odd man rushes, the offense couldn't do anything right and Lundqvist **** the best in the 3rd. What game were YOU watching?
Yeah, seriously. That was an ugly, ugly game.

All that aside. We do NOT have an easy schedule the rest of the way. We have games that if we play the way we are capable of playing, we SHOULD win. But Pittsburgh, Philly and Boston still loom before the season ends. And I don't care that we've beaten Philly and Boston all year, GUARANTEE you if you Philly is going to beat us, this will be the time it will happen.

7 games remaining. In my opinion, in order for us to win the division, we need to go 5-1-1 at a MINIMUM. And we need to find a way to beat the Penguins, plain and simple.

Last edited by TonyTheGr8: 03-26-2012 at 03:30 PM.
TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 09:42 PM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
Very true..but thank goodness the game IS NOT in Montreal, otherwise we would have no chance.

Yeah, seriously. That was an ugly, ugly game.

All that aside. We do NOT haveshave an easy schedule the rest of the way. We have games that if we play the way we are capable of playing, we SHOULD win. But Pittsburgh, Philly and Boston still loom before the season ends. And I don't care that we've beaten Philly and Boston all year, GUARANTEE you if you Philly is going to beat us, this will be the time it will happen.

7 games remaining. In my opinion, in order for us to win the division, we need to go 5-1-1 at a MINIMUM. And we need to find a way to beat the Penguins, plain and simple.
I agree. We need to find a way to beat the Pens. They are the team to beat in the east.

It will be crucial to have the home ice advantage against them in the playoffs. They have been playing solid D infront of Fleury, and are rolling right along.

Home ice will be huge. This is why our playoff run starts now. There will be no easy games from here on out.

Last edited by ohbaby: 03-26-2012 at 09:48 PM.
ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:50 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
I agree. We need to find a way to beat the Pens. They are the team to beat in the east.

It will be crucial to have the home ice advantage against them in the playoffs. They have been playing solid D infront of Fleury, and are rolling right along.

Home ice will be huge. This is why our playoff run starts now. There will be no easy games from here on out.
And not just that, whoever draws Philly is in for a war. Don't think just cause we've destroyed them all year, they're gonna be an easy out in the playoffs. The winner of that series will mostly likely be beaten and battered and it will most likely go 6 or 7 games. I would like it to be Pittsburgh who has to endure that, not us.

Last edited by TonyTheGr8: 03-26-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old
03-26-2012, 11:18 PM
ohbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
And not just that, whoever draws Philly is in for a war. Don't think just cause we have destroyed them all year, they're gonna be an easy out in the playoffs. The winner of that series will mostly likely be beaten and battered after 6 or 7 game series. I would like that to be Pittsburgh who has to endure that, not us.
That's always a possibility getting banged up no matter who the opponent is. But what we can control is right infront of us (Division Title).

Hell, we can win the title and get knocked out in the first round. Point being every game from here on, must be played with the utmost urgency. Playoffs mentality.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 06:49 AM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbaby View Post
That's always a possibility getting banged up no matter who the opponent is. But what we can control is right infront of us (Division Title).

Hell, we can win the title and get knocked out in the first round. Point being every game from here on, must be played with the utmost urgency. Playoffs mentality.
I will not debate that whatsoever. Truth is, I'm really not keen on the idea of facing Washington in the first round AGAIN. But you gotta figure at some point we're gonna figure them out. Let's hope that's this year.