HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects possibly cracking the Bulldogs' 2012-13 lineup

Old
03-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Scott Gomez, hopefully...

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:34 PM
MXD

vCash: 500
If there's a logjam at the blueline in Hamilton...
Do any of you think there's a remote possiblity that Beaulieau remains in the Q?
It doesn't make much sense, I know....

As for Pateryn, I think he's the kind of guy that could get a shot after having spent some games in the ECHL. The cupboard seems kindof loaded next season... I mean, Ellis, Stejkal and Tinordi will certainly be there. St-Denis and Henry might be. Nash will probably get an offer, Beaulieu will almost certainly be in Hamilton as well. Any chance Bennett turns pro? Unlikely that Mitera and Callahan are back, but we would have seen stranger moves.

I see the point in locking up Pateryn. I just think he'd be a convenient man out.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:39 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Does Pateryn have any chance?
He's going back to finish school next year anyway.

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:40 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by price131 View Post
He's going back to finish school next year anyway.
http://annarbor.com/sports/david-woh...YSZybU.twitter

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:39 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Do any of you think there's a remote possiblity that Beaulieau remains in the Q?

As for Pateryn, I think he's the kind of guy that could get a shot after having spent some games in the ECHL. The cupboard seems kindof loaded next season... I mean, Ellis, Stejkal and Tinordi will certainly be there. St-Denis and Henry might be. Nash will probably get an offer, Beaulieu will almost certainly be in Hamilton as well. Any chance Bennett turns pro? Unlikely that Mitera and Callahan are back, but we would have seen stranger moves.

I see the point in locking up Pateryn. I just think he'd be a convenient man out.
Well some of them are going to end up in Wheeling.. It might be unfair since all of them seem to be legit prospects or solid AHLers.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Scotianhab

Blake Geoffrion - Louis Leblanc - Brendan Gallagher
Danny Kristo - Patrick Holland - Alexander Avtsin
Ian Schultz - Michael Bournival - Joonas Nattinen
Gabriel Dumont - Olivier Fortier - Andrew Conboy
extras - Phillipe Lefebvre, Alain Berger

Nathan Beaulieu - Alex Henry
Jarred Tinordi - Brendan Nash
Morgan Ellis - Frederic St. Denis
Greg Pateryn - Joe Stejskal

Peter Delmas
Robert Mayer

Just a rough list of guys that can play in Hamilton next year. I didnt include some guys like Masse, Mitera, etc who are RFA that we should let go.
Conboy, Nash, & Fortier are the RFA who we should qualify imo. Enqvist and Palushaj I didn't include as who knows if they'll be in Montreal/Sweden. Geoffrion/Leblanc could also be in Montreal as well but I though i would include them. I may have missed a couple of guys as well.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 08:34 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post

No way Beaulieu stays in the Q. Pateryn could easily see time in the ECHL. I would assume that Bennett will not turn pro this summer, no room for him in Hamilton and he can use another season at Michigan.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:00 AM
blueinmtl

Bennett has already confirmed to Red and the team that he is back 'for sure'.

Pateryn finishes this spring I believe. There is a rumour going that he just refused to report to the minors at the Habs' request so he could finish & get his degree. Don't know if this is true though.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:15 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
Bennett has already confirmed to Red and the team that he is back 'for sure'.

Pateryn finishes this spring I believe. There is a rumour going that he just refused to report to the minors at the Habs' request so he could finish & get his degree. Don't know if this is true though.
Bennett was expected back as there's no room for him in Hamilton. I could see him turning pro after next season though.

Pateryn will be in tough to get ice time next year, unless they send him to the ECHL.

Old
03-27-2012, 10:16 AM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

I would rather see Gabriel Dumont playing a better role on a 2nd line at least. Maybe even a call-up next yr

canadiensnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
Brendan Gallagher has a good chance of jumping right up to the big leagues. He's determined and it wouldn't surprise me if he did.
A year or two in Hamilton will be great for his development, no need to rush him here especially if it's not for a top 6 role

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:24 AM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Bennett was expected back as there's no room for him in Hamilton. I could see him turning pro after next season though.

Pateryn will be in tough to get ice time next year, unless they send him to the ECHL.
Bennett will be more than ready for the pros after next season, as a soph he has flat out dominated some games from the blue line on attack, good vision on the pp as well (though our pp was god awful this year). Plus Michigan has Trouba coming, they won't be as loathe to let him go.

Pateryn is at a real crossroads, if he can get into med school that is probably going to be a lot more attractive than the ECHL. But there is the love of the game and he is defo a competitor, plays with a rough edge. I actually think is terms of physical nastiness he'd be a better pro than collegiate as the rules are so strict against overly physical play. But skating and awareness remain a weakness.

Old
03-27-2012, 10:26 AM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
A year or two in Hamilton will be great for his development, no need to rush him here especially if it's not for a top 6 role
Please, this. We shouldn't be rushing our players into the NHL. Look what it cost Pacioretty in terms of development and confidence. Leblanc could use a season down there as well, Palushaj...PK-type players are very rare, let them mature, grow into their roles, learn how to win.

Old
03-27-2012, 10:37 AM
llamateizer

Kriso is unsure about jumping professionnal or finishing his last school year

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/20...eil_ECRAN1POS5

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:40 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
I would rather see Gabriel Dumont playing a better role on a 2nd line at least. Maybe even a call-up next yr
Dumont was on the 2nd line at times this year in Hamilton.

Quote:
Bennett will be more than ready for the pros after next season, as a soph he has flat out dominated some games from the blue line on attack, good vision on the pp as well (though our pp was god awful this year). Plus Michigan has Trouba coming, they won't be as loathe to let him go.

Pateryn is at a real crossroads, if he can get into med school that is probably going to be a lot more attractive than the ECHL. But there is the love of the game and he is defo a competitor, plays with a rough edge. I actually think is terms of physical nastiness he'd be a better pro than collegiate as the rules are so strict against overly physical play. But skating and awareness remain a weakness.
I'm likely the biggest Bennett fan on this board, I think he has big upside as his puck moving and rushing along with his impressive mobility should make him a very interesting defensemen in the future. What i liked best about him was his improvement in cutting down on the mental mistakes when he had the puck in his own end.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Pateryn, med school would be hard to turn down over playing in the ECHL but I guess it depends on what he thinks his future is in hockey. If he's willling to spend some time in the ECHL (which is a guess on my part but Hamilton is going to be crowded on the blueline next year baring any trades) as it could work out that he could end up being Bennett's D partner in Hamilton after next season as he would have a year of pro under his belt and the two seem good together.

Old
03-27-2012, 10:47 AM
tollb2

the D next year will be intresting to see

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollb2 View Post
the D next year will be intresting to see
Forwards as well to be honest, Gallagher, Bournival, Holland and possibly Kristo. Dogs should be a really solid young team

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
As much as I am a homer for Michigan players, I have real doubts about Pateryn being able to keep up. He's a bit slow in skating and reading plays and has to stay very, very conservative to be effective. Playing with Bennett helped him a lot as Bennett is a great skater and could take more risks.

Hope he proves me wrong and is a rock in Hamilton.
Speaking of which, what about Mac Bennett?

What's next for him?

I haven't seen him play but I've heard a lot of good things about him. Is he going to stay in the NCAA for another season?

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:02 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post

What's next for him?

I haven't seen him play but I've heard a lot of good things about him. Is he going to stay in the NCAA for another season?
Yes he's going to be back at Michigan next year.

Old
03-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
Brendan Gallagher has a good chance of jumping right up to the big leagues. He's determined and it wouldn't surprise me if he did.
No way Gallagher will make the Habs next year. He didn't even dominate the world juniors.

He needs at least a full year in Hamilton.

No need to rush him

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:12 AM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post

What's next for him?

Check out our posts about him four or five posts up. Bennett is excellent and improving. He does not have great size but has a lot of other tools in the box. He was the best skating d-man on Michigan this year, very good awareness and vision. He did benefit a lot from playing with another Habs prospect Greg Pateryn, as Greg did the rough defensive stuff; but Bennett (as Montreal noted) also improved his play in his own end a lot. Needs a lot of work on strength and playing the man.

He'll be back at Yost with Red Berenson next season, a good move imo. I can see him after his junior year walking into the Hamilton lineup at this rate. Unless he wants the cheap student tickets to watch us in 2014 win our football national championship

Old
03-27-2012, 11:30 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

They should try out Ghallagher with DD. It would be the most epic story of short players making it to the NHL.

Imagine all the bottled up frustration these 2 have? and how it will motivate them to prove the haters wrong?

Even better, add Gionta on the wing too and you got the most l33t midget line in the NHL (assuming Ghallagher does succeed)

That being said, I think that next year we are going to have a very interesting group of prospects. Can't wait to see who's playing with the Dogs

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:32 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
They should try out Ghallagher with DD. It would be the most epic story of short players making it to the NHL.

Imagine all the bottled up frustration these 2 have? and how it will motivate them to prove the haters wrong?

Even better, add Gionta on the wing too and you got the most l33t midget line in the NHL (assuming Ghallagher does succeed)

That being said, I think that next year we are going to have a very interesting group of prospects. Can't wait to see who's playing with the Dogs
Gallagher and Gionta won,t play on the same line. they won't even play on the same team. When Gallagher will reach the NHl in Montreal, Gionta would already had been dealt away.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:53 AM
tollb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Forwards as well to be honest, Gallagher, Bournival, Holland and possibly Kristo. Dogs should be a really solid young team
that is true ! gonna be a fun team to follow

tollb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Yes he's going to be back at Michigan next year.
Quote:
Check out our posts about him four or five posts up. Bennett is excellent and improving. He does not have great size but has a lot of other tools in the box. He was the best skating d-man on Michigan this year, very good awareness and vision. He did benefit a lot from playing with another Habs prospect Greg Pateryn, as Greg did the rough defensive stuff; but Bennett (as Montreal noted) also improved his play in his own end a lot. Needs a lot of work on strength and playing the man.

He'll be back at Yost with Red Berenson next season, a good move imo. I can see him after his junior year walking into the Hamilton lineup at this rate. Unless he wants the cheap student tickets to watch us in 2014 win our football national championship
Thanks a lot for the info!

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote