HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gustav Nyquist

Old
03-23-2012, 09:41 PM
FlashyG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
Question: if Helm can't play in the first round, what would you guys think about Gus replacing Filppula on the second line?

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Nyquist-Zetterberg-Hudler
Cleary-Filppula-Miller
Mursak-Abdelkader-Emmerton
I'd switch Mursak and Cleary, but either way I think that line-up is tougher to match up against on the road when we don't get last change

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 06:38 AM
GeoSacks

Tough call. Filppula is so much more effective on the wing I'd be inclined to put Franzen at C instead.

GeoSacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
If the rest of the forwards are healthy, I'd just roll with Gator centering the third line and not bother with worrying about a fourth line that won't get more than five or six minutes a night. At this point, I'd be hesitant to break up a duo that have worked well together all season.

03-24-2012, 01:34 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmatic View Post
Flip- Z - Hudler have been good. If it aint broke dont fix it. Plus its a line of 50 point scorers. why would you but a guy with 10 nhl games and 5 assist over a hudler with 21g and 22 a. I would rather see Bertuzzi moved to the thrid line.
But it's Flip-Z that has been good first and foremost, so Hudler could be moved to another line if it makes sense. I always thought Pavel and Hudler work decent together. Franzen in playoff-mode likes to drive the net, without Bert on the same line that would be his role.

With Helm back(IF Nyquist sticks):
Franzen-Datsyuk-Hudler
Filppula-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Cleary-Helm-Bert
Miller-Abdelkader-Homer

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:29 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Is he up to stay..?

vippe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:08 AM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Is he up to stay..?
I think it'll get somewhat interesting if Franzen rests his back for a couple more games and Nyquist and Datsyuk really gel. They showed some signs last game, so if they absolutely go off in the next couple of games it'll definitely give Babcock something to think about. Even if they do click nicely though, i wouldn't be surprised if Babcock didn't use him in that role with the veteran Bertuzzi. It just scares me thinking that Datsyuk is going to start the playoffs with two big, soft wingers who are turnover prone and lose a lot of puck battles. And Nyquist seems like he's the type of player who's going to be more effective with skilled players, so seeing him in the 4th line role over Mursak doesn't really do much IMO. His best chance to make an impact is to give Datsyuk another skilled option, but is he ready? And more importantly, is Babcock ready to give it a go? And if so what does that do with Bertuzzi? Make the 3rd line even slower?

BTW i thought Gus looked a lot faster Saturday night. There were a couple of times where i said to myself, "i didn't even know he had that type of speed." If he can skate like that and get comfortable playing alongside #13, i could definitely see him being effective on a line with Datsyuk-Franzen (which seems like it's going to be a given with Z-Fil as the other top line).

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:17 AM
Claypool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Is he up to stay..?
I actually forgot Franzen was on this team.

Claypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:09 PM
mottjm7

I really believe he wont see the minors again. by the time the normal starters are all healthy it will be the playoffs and at least he will be a black ace. then would be next year. With Hudler and Homer unknowns, I bet he gets a roster spot.

mottjm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:13 PM
TheMoreYouKnow

To me Nyquist has been the best of all the guys without a permanent roster spot. If I have to pick him or Emmerton I know I'll go with him.

TheMoreYouKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
Bench
Realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
To me Nyquist has been the best of all the guys without a permanent roster spot. If I have to pick him or Emmerton I know I'll go with him.
It's been said before, but the problem is there's a logjam at the wing, but not at center.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:48 PM
mottjm7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
It's been said before, but the problem is there's a logjam at the wing, but not at center.
Let Hudler walk and see If Homer calls it. Logjam solved for next year. Of course that wouldn't help the Parise advocates. Find a way to work both in and I will be a happy camper.

mottjm7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 10:58 PM
crashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottjm7 View Post
Let Hudler walk and see If Homer calls it. Logjam solved for next year. Of course that wouldn't help the Parise advocates. Find a way to work both in and I will be a happy camper.
Don't forget about Tatar. I think he'll be ripe (even by the Wings standards) next season. If the Wings are able to land Parise (unlikely) then there's no place for Hudler on this team.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:00 PM
obey86

I dont get why everyone just wants to get rid of Hudler. Is he the best player? Nope. Does he have flaws? Definitely. But the guy is 2nd on the team in goals and still fairly young. As long as he's not commanding a ridiculous contract I think it would prudent to get him back for next season.

Parise Datsyuk Bertuzzi
Flip Zetterberg Hudler
Nyquist Helm Franzen
Miller Abdelkader Mursak

God I would love that lineup.

obey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:16 PM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
Originally Posted by obey86 View Post
I dont get why everyone just wants to get rid of Hudler. Is he the best player? Nope. Does he have flaws? Definitely. But the guy is 2nd on the team in goals and still fairly young. As long as he's not commanding a ridiculous contract I think it would prudent to get him back for next season.

Parise Datsyuk Bertuzzi
Flip Zetterberg Hudler
Nyquist Helm Franzen
Miller Abdelkader Mursak

I would love that lineup if Bertuzzi was not on the 1st line. I'd rather Franzen or Nyquist.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:33 PM
obey86

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkyjohnson50 View Post
I would love that lineup if Bertuzzi was not on the 1st line. I'd rather Franzen or Nyquist.
Me too. I only put Bertuzzi there because I doubt Babcock would move him.

Old
03-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Claypool

Quote:

Nope, gotta move on at some point, especially if this team has another early exit.

Claypool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 11:47 PM
crashman

Quote:

Parise Datsyuk Bertuzzi
Flip Zetterberg Hudler
Nyquist Helm Franzen
Miller Abdelkader Mursak

Hudler is going to want a nice contract this summer and I think it's a bad idea to sign him to anything more than a year or two with the prospects we have coming up. This summer might be Hudler's big chance to cash in with a nice contract, and I really hope it's not Ken Holland that gives it to him. If the Wings get ousted early in the playoffs, I don't think Holland even considers re-signing Huds.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:09 AM
FlashyG

To go with that lineup we'd either have to buy out Cleary or find someone willing to trade for him

Old
03-27-2012, 12:42 AM
obey86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypool View Post
Nope, gotta move on at some point, especially if this team has another early exit.
Move on at some point? Why? What's wrong with keeping complimentary players on the team that can put up 20-25 goals? I dont think he's going to get as much as you guys think he is.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:44 AM
obey86

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashman View Post
Hudler is going to want a nice contract this summer and I think it's a bad idea to sign him to anything more than a year or two with the prospects we have coming up. This summer might be Hudler's big chance to cash in with a nice contract, and I really hope it's not Ken Holland that gives it to him. If the Wings get ousted early in the playoffs, I don't think Holland even considers re-signing Huds.
I doubt Holland's decision on Hudler is dependent on how we do in the playoffs. If we get knocked out in the 1st round, it's not like having another complementary player on that line instead of Hudler would have been the difference.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:45 AM
obey86

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
To go with that lineup we'd either have to buy out Cleary or find someone willing to trade for him
Damn, I keep forgetting Cleary is on the team.

Old
03-27-2012, 01:20 AM
FlashyG

Quote:
Damn, I keep forgetting Cleary is on the team.
I think he does too.

Old
03-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Kiddington
heehats

Quote:
I still think there are plenty of teams that would take Cleary in a trade, as broken down as he is. Playoff-hardened veteran leadership is one of those qualities that a lot of teams will overrate to the finest extent. I mean, the Sharks actually brought Claude Lemieux out of seven years retirement for that reason, and that reason alone. It all comes down to whether or not the Wings actually want to move him.

Knowing the loyalty system in place, they'll probably just let him play out his contract, and ultimately make a decision about his future at that point. That wouldn't be so bad if he could just, you know, actually get healthy again, but I'm really starting to think he's too far gone at this point.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:46 AM
14ari13

Congratulations on his 1st goal. Nice one.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:52 AM
silkyjohnson50

Quote:
I think he does too.
Don't worry, Babcock has not forgotten.