HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#76 Kings @ Canucks, 3/26/12 = LOSS 0-1 Thoughts & Tidbits ... too little too late.

Old
03-27-2012, 12:55 AM
SLang

vCash: 500
Calls were frustrating, but not going to blame the refs or those clowns on the other team. At this time of the season the Kings need to be grabbing other teams by the throat and grinding them into the ice. They don't seem capable of it. Was disappointed to see the Canucks start the physicality tonight. Luongo was tested too much, but did make a few huge saves. Props to him - he won it for them.

Edit....Luongo wasn't tested too much tonight....

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:56 AM
no name

Williams is trying to be a turnover King. How many rushes is this guy going to ruin. If it's not passing directly to the opposition it's going offsides.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:57 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
It's just not that simple. What players tonight did you think did a good job of "attacking the middle of the ice?"
Consider the lack of real quality chances up until the final 5 seconds of the game, none. That is the whole point. This is why people are saying it's terry murray hockey again. All perimeter play. The best scoring chances were shots from defensemen, and wrap around attempts from one of the 3 kings along the boards. King centered the puck from the boards twice and not a single kings player within 10 feet of the front of the net.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Richards and Stoll have combined for one goal past a goalie in the past 30 games.

For a team supposedly built with "strength down the middle" I am shocked we are still in playoff contention with no production at all from 3 of the 4 centers.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:59 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
san jose is going to win this division again, unbelievable
Did you call Miss Cleo or something?

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:59 AM
damacles1156

I think Richards is playing hurt, I can't understand how this guy just can't get it going.

He was the Kings best player before he got hurt, by a wide margin. He had Brown and Richardson on his line for that as well .......

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:01 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I don't think they will, What GM are they going to hire ? I mean who is really out there ?

Would the Wings let any of their personal go ? Bruins ?
I've been a Lombardi supporter since day 1 and the first move that threw me off was the Derek Forbort pick when we had already stockpiled a ton of defensemen at the time. It just doesn't even seem like he has much say anymore. I felt like the Dustin Penner at last year's deadline was forced upon him from the higher ups, same with the Jeff Carter trade.

With that being said, there are lots of potential GMs out there that can take over. Florida got a guy in Dale Tallon last summer and he flipped that whole franchise within a year. Now look at them, about to win their division and they traded alot of their best players (Horton, Booth, etc). We have the pieces set (Kopitar, Doughty, Richards, Carter, Quick), we just need the right motivator, a better coach and GM to surround these players. I'm just not sure about the Murray system that these players still got stuck in their head and the Sutter system isn't that much different, it's very plain and straightforward hockey. Cycle the puck, dump and chase, work the corners and try to score off turnovers and odd-man rushes. There's absolutely no creativity once they enter the opposing team's blueline (if they find a way to enter it) and they rely on Quick way too much.

Most - if not all- of this has been preached by most of you throughout this whole year, but I'm just giving my two cents.

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:01 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Richards has been so disappointing

I was so happy when that trade happened and figured it was 1 of the best trades the franchise has ever done, and figured that games towards the end of the year were exactly the time where he would show what he did in Philly.

Apparently not though, sigh

Maybe its time to try Carter at centre and Richards on the wing, since Carter and King have been carrying him for 20 games now

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:02 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Williams playing bad vs Kopitar playing bad is completely different. When Williams is off his game, he's all around terrible.

Slava hasn't been playing well lately, but he's still a rookie...so.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:03 AM
Fielddog

Quote:
Missing the playoffs would be the best thing, and I've been saying it all year. Franchise will shake things up, Lombardi & Sutter will both get the axe and maybe that's the best thing for the Kings right now.
Miss the playoff's? You gotta be out of your freaking mind to think that would be the best thing.
Please go away.

Fielddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:04 AM
Vic Vinegar

The Canucks didn't even play a good game and the Kings still could't come out on top. Extremely disappointing loss.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Yeah, Richards hasn't been the same since his concussion, I feel like he's playing hurt too.

Not to sound stupid or like a whiner, but that penalty on Penner was absolutely horrendous. How do you call a penalty with 3 minutes left in the game on a VERY iffy play. He got pushed into Luongo and barely touched him. I told my dad that the refs would eventually make up for the call (thought they'd do it within the next minute) but it didn't happen until 25 seconds left, which basically didn't help

Old
damacles1156

It's only the last two games for Richards, He was playing just fine during the Six game win streak.

In the last 20 Games he has around 15 points. But that -3 he took the other night kind of sunk his +-

Old
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
I think Richards is playing hurt, I can't understand how this guy just can't get it going.

He was the Kings best player before he got hurt, by a wide margin. He had Brown and Richardson on his line for that as well .......
Maybe. He was shooting from everywhere before he got a concussion, now he's barely registering any shots.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:05 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fielddog View Post
Miss the playoff's? You gotta be out of your freaking mind to think that would be the best thing.
Please go away.
You'd rather make the playoffs and lose in the first round for the third consecutive year? That would also mean giving Columbus our first round pick, if we made the playoffs. I love playoff hockey as much as the next guy, but making the playoffs would mean keeping Lombardi and co. for another year

Old
03-27-2012, 01:08 AM
damacles1156

I think it's just these tight checking games have him kinda gun shy. He probably doesn't want to get hurt again.

Cause his play was fine during the Six games the Kings went gang busters.

Old
03-27-2012, 01:10 AM
bral
Go Kings!

Kings took this one and the Boston game off. It feels like they know exactly what it will take to get in the PO's and they don't show up for the games that aren't must win. It's frustrating to say the least.

If we can't compete with the top teams what's the point of PO's? I still want them to make it but really we're better off missing if this team can't get their effort/***** straight.

bral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:13 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bral View Post
Kings took this one and the Boston game off. It feels like they know exactly what it will take to get in the PO's and they don't show up for the games that aren't must win. It's frustrating to say the least.

If we can't compete with the top teams what's the point of PO's? I still want them to make it but really we're better off missing if this team can't get their effort/***** straight.
Thank you. My point exactly. I'd love to see them in the playoffs again but it's just not worth seeing them lose in the first round for the third straight year. We'll see what happens here down the stretch, these next 4 games before the Sharks back-to-back will pretty much dictate whether or not we make the playoffs. Anything less than 3-1-0 would put the Kings at a disadvantage, imo

Old
03-27-2012, 01:14 AM
onlyalad

Quote:

i don't agree. With the amount of money coming off the books the Kings need to be in the playoffs to show UFAs that the Kings are "just one player away" and that player could be you. If the Kings don't make the playoffs it will be September before they sign anyone.

onlyalad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:14 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

This team lacks two very important things: heart and balls. If you're team is lacking there, you're not going to do anything in the playoffs (if you even get to that stage).

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:15 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

We lose two games in a row and all of a sudden, we can't beat the best teams in the league?

You guys are a crack up!!!

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:16 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
This team lacks two very important things: heart and balls. If you're team is lacking there, you're not going to do anything in the playoffs (if you even get to that stage).
Nonsense!!!

Where was this ****in post when we had the winning streak?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:16 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
i don't agree. With the amount of money coming off the books the Kings need to be in the playoffs to show UFAs that the Kings are "just one player away" and that player could be you. If the Kings don't make the playoffs it will be September before they sign anyone.
I agree with this, they can at least point to three post season's in a row. They just need a Parise type player, and some bottom six help.

But Money talks as well, some guys will play anywhere if you over pay them.

Old
03-27-2012, 01:17 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:

I agree with the overall sentiment--that the Kings are going to have a lot of trouble in the playoffs--but I think there are some important distinctions between the Boston game and the Vancouver game. I'd say that the Kings showed up for the game against Boston, but were beaten by a better team. I was impressed with the Bruins. They played HARD, in every way. And, to give them credit, the Kings hung with them. That weak goal that Quick allowed was the difference there.

Tonight though, I though Vancouver got VERY lucky. The Kings gave this game away. They couldn't make a play tonight to save their lives. I can't remember the last time I saw such poor passing, stickhandling, and decision making from top to bottom of the roster. NO ONE (maybe Trevor Lewis) had a good game tonight.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:18 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
I can't get over how bad Doughty has looked all year. A step behind every single game, I don't really know wtf is wrong with him. But then again, everyone has looked bad this year. Did the loss of Ryan Smyth and Michal Handzus make that big of a difference lol?

Missing the playoffs would be the best thing, and I've been saying it all year. Franchise will shake things up, Lombardi & Sutter will both get the axe and maybe that's the best thing for the Kings right now.
He was bad last year too.

Jeff Carter now with 4 non-empty net goals and 3 assists in 14 games, and is doing nothing (except a shootout goal) to help the team win down the stretch. I wanted to be wrong so bad about him...

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote