HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#76 Kings @ Canucks, 3/26/12 = LOSS 0-1 Thoughts & Tidbits ... too little too late.

Old
03-27-2012, 01:19 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
We lose two games in a row and all of a sudden, we can't beat the best teams in the league?

You guys are a crack up!!!
im not worried about the Kings, they played good against Boston so tonight was the first true bad game in the last 8. I also expect them to qualify for the playoffs with at least 1 game to spare. I am worried about Richards playing like Stoll however

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:20 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Nonsense!!!

Where was this ****in post when we had the winning streak?
During the winning streak and after the Boston game, this was absent because the Kings showed up to those games. They didn't show up tonight, and that's worrying because they need these points. It's one thing to play hard and lose, especially to a superior team; it's quite another to lose because you played like garbage. That makes the loss sting no matter who you play. It doesn't feel like an honest loss, and we as fans don't feel like we got an honest game out of our team tonight. Of course people are pissed about it!

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:24 AM
Vic Vinegar

We can only hope the Kings are so upset by their performance that they come out flying in their next couple games.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:26 AM
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon

we lost by one goal. where have we seen this before. We also suck again. yay

kingsboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:26 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
During the winning streak and after the Boston game, this was absent because the Kings showed up to those games. They didn't show up tonight, and that's worrying because they need these points. It's one thing to play hard and lose, especially to a superior team; it's quite another to lose because you played like garbage. That makes the loss sting no matter who you play. It doesn't feel like an honest loss, and we as fans don't feel like we got an honest game out of our team tonight. Of course people are pissed about it!
Every team in the nhl have their ups and downs, not just the kings. It's just that some of you guys just can't seem to handle the "down" part of the season too well.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:28 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Every team in the nhl have their ups and downs, not just the kings. It's just that some of you guys just can't seem to handle the "down" part of the season too well.
Apparently not. I'm still going to pissed when my team doesn't show up, whatever direction the season happens to be moving.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
First off, we haven't been mathematically eliminated yet, so, let's knock off this nonsense about the kings missing the playoffs.

Secondly and more importantly, why is it that the kings only lack heart when we lose?

You're quickly becoming one of the most negative and whiny posters on here. I'd expect a whole LOT more from P.O.T.Y..
That win streak aside, I made a lengthy post about the lack of winning streaks overall from this organization throughout the entire season. You know the saying, too little too late. It isn't over yet, but this team is starting to back pedal with its current play. The race to the finish line is crowded and can change daily, but if the Kings play like they did tonight, they're not going to make it.

The dismal powerplay, the dreadful play by Doughty, the nonexistence of Mike Richards, the top line's disappearing act... these aren't problems that suddenly came up, it's been a problem the entire season and starting to creep up yet again.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:29 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
He was bad last year too.

Jeff Carter now with 4 non-empty net goals and 3 assists in 14 games, and is doing nothing (except a shootout goal) to help the team win down the stretch. I wanted to be wrong so bad about him...
Carter was fine tonight, He was one of the few Kings to go to scoring area's.

But Richards and King played pretty bad, the didn't get any pucks to Carter.

Carter has done exaclty what the Kings have asked, So I don't know how he can dissapoint anyone...

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:32 AM
dresi

Quote:
Yeah, but Kings have their "down" part almost whole season. Maybe that's the problem.

dresi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:34 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Carter was fine tonight, He was one of the few Kings to go to scoring area's.

But Richards and King played pretty bad, the didn't get any pucks to Carter.

Carter has done exaclty what the Kings have asked, So I don't know how he can dissapoint anyone...
Well I'm not disappointed at all because I thought very low of him as a player before we got him. I was pleasantly surprised with him early, and liked that it gave us some more depth up front for opponents to worry about.

But 4 goals in 14 games in crunch time of the season is not going to get it done. Especially because when he isn't scoring, he isn't doing much else to help the team win.

Seventyx7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:35 AM
Pucknut50

Is this the same group who was touting this team just a few days ago? We're still in this thing let's not abandon ship. Hey the boys are trying. Let's stop blaming Doughty and Richards for every loss and move on.

Go Kings go, Go Kings go, Go Kings go........

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:35 AM
damacles1156

It's tough to score in the NHL, Let alone right now with all the Interference ETC being let go.

Bruins 5th in GAA
Nucks 4th GAA
BLues 1st GAA

I mean there is a reason those teams are that good in Defense.

So I am not going to jump off a bridge yet....

Old
03-27-2012, 01:36 AM
robitaillefan
Bababooey,Tatatoothy

I was at the game and this is what I saw.....
Kopitar line- brutal. No flow. No cycle game, no really good chances Williams really missed that tap in. He also had some really bad turnovers as well.
Richards line- blahhhh. Carter was the only one going and that is being generous. The guy can really let it rip and quick. Every chance he had he shot it. Richards looked absolutely lost and king was king , grinding it out thrown it out front for the finishers who well werent there.
I must have sworn stolls name the most. Guy was horrible. Farewell buddy. Not scorin not winning face-offs, what's he good for.
Lewis looked good, hitting everything in sight, penner still sucks, and clifford and Nolan were throwing there weight around.
Voynov is the only d man I am pointing the finger at as he was constantly turning the puck over.
All in all the game was sloppy no flow and dead. The shot clock was
Right but the shots were very weak, no zingers and Lou really didn't sweat much.

Kings..... I'd really appreciate a win next game , there is nothing worse than leaving Rogers arena after a loss and being surrounded by moronic Canucks fans and there stupid chants.
This hurt, please get your sh$t together for the Alberta games....plz

Gokingz!

robitaillefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:37 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Well I'm not disappointed at all because I thought very low of him as a player before we got him. I was pleasantly surprised with him early, and liked that it gave us some more depth up front for opponents to worry about.

But 4 goals in 14 games in crunch time of the season is not going to get it done. Especially because when he isn't scoring, he isn't doing much else to help the team win.
The Guy kills PK's and Takes draws sometimes. Plays above average D. I mean the guy is not going to win games all on his own.

Old
03-27-2012, 01:40 AM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
The Guy kills PK's and Takes draws sometimes. Plays above average D. I mean the guy is not going to win games all on his own.
I know I know..
I'm just ****ing pissed about the game and feel that even though we've been winning, Carter isn't making me excited to have him for 10 more years. He may be getting chances but he isn't burying them, which is the exact thing we got him for. If not now, when?? Maybe the honeymoon is still ongoing for everyone else but when he isn't scoring, his lack of battle sure is a lot more noticeable.

Seventyx7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Bateman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
First line. What a disgrace tonight. Absolutely brutal.
Was at the game. Don't let the second line off the hook, as they were invisible. The effort was terrible ... Kings looked disinterested.

Bateman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:45 AM
robitaillefan
Bababooey,Tatatoothy

Oh ...one last thing, once again doughty looked
Like crap, my god, Frigging nut up and start playing better bud....

Rant over

robitaillefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Bateman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Two games in a row where we needed our best players to be their best, and they weren't.

Richards
Doughty
Carter
Brown
Williams

All nonexistent.
After Quick, Greene was our best player, or atleast the most noticable.

Old
03-27-2012, 01:47 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Nah, no burying head here. I just don't think the kings played as poorly as some of you guys seem to think they have.

But hey, if you want to give herby a run for being the biggest nancy, be my guest.
I didn't think they played that bad.

I mean

Boston 5th in GAA
Nucks 4th in GAA
BLues 1st in GAA

You are not going to score at a 3.5 pace agaisnt those teams.

There is a reason they are good at D.

Now if they Kings lay a stinker against Minny and EDM, well then have at it.

They should beat those teams.

I guess I am not as upset cause back in Jan, I thought it would be a miracle if the Kings even had a sniff at playoff Hockey.

Well here it is with 6 games left, they have a Sniff at least.

That alone is a Miracle.

Old
03-27-2012, 01:49 AM
Bateman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole View Post
"refs were horse **** tonight." Daryl Suter quote

love this guy
True, but calls were lame for both teams. Snow shower? Sedin's hook? They made a boring game even moreso by not letting sany emotion get into the game.

Old
03-27-2012, 01:50 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
I didn't think they played that bad.

I mean

Boston 5th in GAA
Nucks 4th in GAA
BLues 1st in GAA

You are not going to score at a 3.5 pace agaisnt those teams.

There is a reason they are good at D.

Now if they Kings lay a stinker against Minny and EDM, well then have at it.

They should beat those teams.
Yep. Sometimes, you just have to give credit to your opponent.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:53 AM
Bateman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
Calls were frustrating, but not going to blame the refs or those clowns on the other team. At this time of the season the Kings need to be grabbing other teams by the throat and grinding them into the ice. They don't seem capable of it. Was disappointed to see the Canucks start the physicality tonight. Luongo was tested too much, but did make a few huge saves. Props to him - he won it for them.

Edit....Luongo wasn't tested too much tonight....
This, the first this in particular. It's great we've got some big bodies, but nobody plays overly mean ... no one seems angry or at all emotional.

Old
03-27-2012, 01:56 AM
Bateman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
Apparently not. I'm still going to pissed when my team doesn't show up, whatever direction the season happens to be moving.
This is so true. I just want some try, some showing up.

Old
03-27-2012, 01:58 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

Or the constant unforced turnovers by Justin Williams. The Kings were credited with 38 shots, but how many of those would even be considered scoring chances?

5 shots came from Kings ice. All but one of Lewis's shots came from on the opposite half of the ice.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:02 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Guess what's not allowed! Flaming!

So please stop.

Gracias.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote