HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida @ Montreal 03/27 7:30ET TSN/RDS/FS-F

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2012, 10:26 AM
  #51
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 21,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
Tanking was way too popular when there were barely half the games played. It was stupid to wish your team to lose at that stage of the season. Later, I hoped for a strong finish for the team to gain confidence before next season. I was not pissed at the idea of finishin 9th, if it were only to prove the team was better that its record showed.

Then came the trade deadline. We got rid of the most talented player of the team and the vet d-men. The message was clear : we'll downgrade our team to make it as bad as its record shows.

Now, 6 games left, it's warmer outside, we know we won't make the playoffs. I miss half the games. The players don't have much to prove now, as they know they don't have that many assets. Confidence will have to be built from scratches at the start of next season.

Now we can say our victory will be a promising future.

Tanking (or the idea of not beng bothered at all by a loss) is now a logical idea.

And I think most of the players are not motivated right now. They'll want to start the season on a batter note next year. From that perspective I'd give Bourque some more time to showcase his upsides.
Yes! That's the spirit!

Kimota is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 10:27 AM
  #52
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012
 
RaMMuT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Palestine
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
I hope Campoli logs 29 minutes tonight though!

RaMMuT is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 10:49 AM
  #53
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMMuT View Post
I hope Campoli logs 29 minutes tonight though!
And we criticize Gauthier, yet he signed the ultimate tank tool!

Good job Pierre!

Dr Gonzo is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 10:58 AM
  #54
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,194
vCash: 500
Gomez, Kaberle, where are you when we badly need you now ???
Gomez, please recover fast, and come back. Habs really need you in this important period.

zzoo is online now  
Old
03-27-2012, 11:02 AM
  #55
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,221
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Gomez, Kaberle, where are you when we badly need you now ???
Gomez, please recover fast, and come back. Habs really need you in this important period.
Kaberle is skating and might be back for the weekend. Gotta make sure he recovers well so he is good to go in his final 2 years of the contract

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 11:06 AM
  #56
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012
 
RaMMuT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Palestine
Posts: 1,084
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Kaberle is skating and might be back for the weekend. Gotta make sure he recovers well so he is good to go in his final 2 years of the contract
Kaberle, Gomez, Darche...they're all very essential pieces to the puzzle!


RaMMuT is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 11:53 AM
  #57
peate
Good grief!
 
peate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Geoffrion out for the 7th consecutive game. What have they got against the kid? I'd rather see him than Blunden. Oh well, I guess it's moot point now.

Nice GDT Manu.

peate is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 11:58 AM
  #58
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,221
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
Geoffrion out for the 7th consecutive game. What have they got against the kid? I'd rather see him than Blunden. Oh well, I guess it's moot point now.

Nice GDT Manu.
I don't get it either, they could at least send him to Hamilton, this organization sometimes makes no ****ing sense. They should **** Bourque, he has been useless and Geoffrion at least we notice him out there during games

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 12:11 PM
  #59
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,288
vCash: 500
Habs should invite Measha Brueggergosman for the anthems...it would make that game more entertaining IMO.

Vanek20 is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 12:13 PM
  #60
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
Habs should invite Measha Brueggergosman for the anthems...it would make that game more entertaining IMO.
I agree.


__________________
...Unemployed Black Astronaut...
PyrettaBlaze is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 12:32 PM
  #61
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't get it either, they could at least send him to Hamilton, this organization sometimes makes no ****ing sense. They should **** Bourque, he has been useless and Geoffrion at least we notice him out there during games
It's so hilariously bad. I mean the guy scores a goal and he gets booted indefinitely. Don't be surprised if the Habs don't re-sign him.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 12:46 PM
  #62
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,221
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
It's so hilariously bad. I mean the guy scores a goal and he gets booted indefinitely. Don't be surprised if the Habs don't re-sign him.
Just don't get it, he hasn't even been bad that's the worse part. Perfect example of why a player plays better elsewhere and once traded some fans will find excuses of why we let him go for nothing

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 01:07 PM
  #63
strutsboa
Registered User
 
strutsboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 843
vCash: 500
Amazing picture MIG, you are a true artist!

I can't believe how Florida are favorites (according to bookmakers) in this game, for me it feels like a sure win for the Habs, but I hope the bookmakers are right.

strutsboa is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 01:09 PM
  #64
Sandvich
VERY NICE
 
Sandvich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
Habs should invite Measha Brueggergosman for the anthems...it would make that game more entertaining IMO.
Sign her now !

That name is epic.

Sandvich is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 02:02 PM
  #65
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That's definitely what I'd prefer, if we're going to characterize my internet handle into a video game persona.

just for the record, the name stems from SC and from the Overlord assault map from Unreal Tournament.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
And my name stems from this..
No one will ever know where my name stems from. I'm so mysterious.

Also, looking forward to seeing the young guys with a bigger role tonight. Whether we win or lose, I just want an entertaining game.


Last edited by JohnLennon: 03-27-2012 at 02:08 PM.
JohnLennon is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 02:18 PM
  #66
donghabs98
Moderator
 
donghabs98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,041
vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I don't get it either, they could at least send him to Hamilton, this organization sometimes makes no ****ing sense. They should **** Bourque, he has been useless and Geoffrion at least we notice him out there during games
i thought things like this would end once martin was fired

they should just send him down and let him play 20min+ a night then 0mibn

HAM could use the help too

donghabs98 is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 02:20 PM
  #67
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
No one will ever know where my name stems from. I'm so mysterious.

Also, looking forward to seeing the young guys with a bigger role tonight. Whether we win or lose, I just want an entertaining game.
This. I want to see kids like Leblanc given more time. Ideally, I'd want him in hamilton next year to dominate, but he's here now so let him ****ing play. I still don't like the Eller at wing experiment. He's a center. He's our best player at carrying the puck across the blue line, let him do his thing.

Same thing as Leblanc for Geoffrion. Let him ****ing play. They let Hamilton rot by calling up all their talent, and then play them a few minutes every night, or sit them completely like Boomer.

overlords is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 02:24 PM
  #68
JohnLennon
Registered User
 
JohnLennon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,037
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
This. I want to see kids like Leblanc given more time. Ideally, I'd want him in hamilton next year to dominate, but he's here now so let him ****ing play. I still don't like the Eller at wing experiment. He's a center. He's our best player at carrying the puck across the blue line, let him do his thing.

Same thing as Leblanc for Geoffrion. Let him ****ing play. They let Hamilton rot by calling up all their talent, and then play them a few minutes every night, or sit them completely like Boomer.
That's what's so weird, why did they scratch Geoffrion? They make an announcement of sorts where they say they will focus on developing the youth for the rest of the season, but choose to bench one of our youngest roster players in Blake, who has played very well when he dressed for us.

At least they are putting Eller at center again, he has always looked great at his natural position.

JohnLennon is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 02:25 PM
  #69
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,029
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
That's definitely what I'd prefer, if we're going to characterize my internet handle into a video game persona.

just for the record, the name stems from SC and from the Overlord assault map from Unreal Tournament.
Someone else here played UT?! :O I played ZP insta for like 5 years back in high school and early cegep years. I can't believe the games is now like 13 years old. Where has the time gone?

Go Cats Go!

CrAzYNiNe is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 02:29 PM
  #70
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
This pretty much describes the battle between MTL, Edm, Isles, Leafs and Minny



Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 02:54 PM
  #71
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
It should be those floating zerg overlords.
Those things suck.

Alright, Florida. No one respects you. The city of Montreal. The province of Quebec. The country of Canada. The oranges you're so proud of. Tim Tebow. Opera. ****in' everyone doesn't not no respect you. Everyone thinks your kids should be kicked in the face.

We, Canada respect Columbus more than you. So, do yourselves a favour and ****in' win the game tonight in REGULATION

We're watching you...


Analyzer is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 03:13 PM
  #72
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strutsboa View Post
Amazing picture MIG, you are a true artist!

I can't believe how Florida are favorites (according to bookmakers) in this game, for me it feels like a sure win for the Habs, but I hope the bookmakers are right.
Habs have a hard time against teams playing a tied game, especially at home.. I personally bet on the Pants to win this one, Im not sure the Habs will be very motivated tonight..

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 03:15 PM
  #73
TheWhiteIdea
Registered User
 
TheWhiteIdea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: DirtyJerz
Country: United States
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Just give a few fights and a loss please.

This Florida team played very chippy last time out vs the Habs. Hopefully they remember.

TheWhiteIdea is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 03:18 PM
  #74
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Those things suck.

Alright, Florida. No one respects you. The city of Montreal. The province of Quebec. The country of Canada. The oranges you're so proud of. Tim Tebow. Opera. ****in' everyone doesn't not no respect you. Everyone thinks your kids should be kicked in the face.

We, Canada respect Columbus more than you. So, do yourselves a favour and ****in' win the game tonight in REGULATION

We're watching you...


Overlords' favorite quip of the day.

overlords is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 03:39 PM
  #75
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I agree.

I still don't get what that is at 3:16ish.

My ears...

Theosis is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.