HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zuccarello=Parenteau?

Old
03-27-2012, 10:16 AM
lundy

vCash: 500
Zuccarello=Parenteau?

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere. If it has, apologies. But does Zuccarello's career so far with the Rangers remind anyone else of Parenteau? A guy who played very well in the AHL, comes up and does well enough to cement a roster spot, but just never really gets a fair chance? Granted, Zuccarello probably would have stayed now if not for his injury.

They seem really similar in that regard to me. Since Zuccarello is an RFA, I doubt he'll stay. Can see a team like the Isles snapping him up, like they did Parenteau, and him getting 50+ points next season.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:20 AM
True Blue

I wonder how muchof Parenteu's production are due to his linemates? The similiarity is that they both have skating issues. Why not just add Knuble to the discussion?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:22 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
I'd say him being a RFA makes it more likely that he'll stay.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:23 AM
nyrleetch

Hope we keep him.

nyrleetch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:36 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I'd say him being a RFA makes it more likely that he'll stay.
I don't know why people are so concerned about him being gone. He's an RFA. The Rangers will make him a fair contract offer, and, particularly given the injuries he's been fighting through, I'm sure he'll accept it.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:25 AM
mcsauer2738

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I don't know why people are so concerned about him being gone. He's an RFA. The Rangers will make him a fair contract offer, and, particularly given the injuries he's been fighting through, I'm sure he'll accept it.
The rangers won't make him a qualifying offer though, which would be near 2 million. Therefore I believe he'll have the right to test the market even if the rangers do offer a fair contract.

mcsauer2738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:38 AM
NickyFotiu

I can see some similarities but Zooks was a bit younger and a North American rookie last season. He also produced better as a Rangers than PA did.

PA had 8 points in 22 games

Zooks has had 26 points in 52 games

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
The rangers won't make him a qualifying offer though, which would be near 2 million. Therefore I believe he'll have the right to test the market even if the rangers do offer a fair contract.
Two way though. One Boyle or less than half a Dubi. What's to gain by not making a two way QO?

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:46 AM
mullichicken25

they're similiar in that they both would be best suited on a team that doesnt have a better option for their top 6 and can therefore give them that many minutes with thier top talent

both would have played their best hoceky here on the top line...however, the top line wouldn't have been as good as it could have been(theoretically) if they were on it

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:54 AM
darrenturcotte#8

PA looked fantastic with Gomez and Shanny and Renney never gave him the time of day. Zucc has never shown that level of performance in an NHL sweater. PA never should have gone anywhere and should be in our top 6. I doubt Zucc ever cracks the top 6 of an NHL roster and stays there for a full season. I still can't believe how long Renney kept his job!!

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Dorado*

PA may have skating issues but he does not have passing or shooting issues .
His production would fall off with out JT and MM but paired with similar offensive talent I c

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Dorado*

I see him producing . The piles would be foolish to break up that line .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsauer2738 View Post
2 million? His QO would be around 1 million wouldnt it? Bonuses are not included

Edit: His NHL salary is $900,000 + 5% = $945,000 QO nest year i believe

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere. If it has, apologies. But does Zuccarello's career so far with the Rangers remind anyone else of Parenteau? A guy who played very well in the AHL, comes up and does well enough to cement a roster spot, but just never really gets a fair chance? Granted, Zuccarello probably would have stayed now if not for his injury.

They seem really similar in that regard to me. Since Zuccarello is an RFA, I doubt he'll stay. Can see a team like the Isles snapping him up, like they did Parenteau, and him getting 50+ points next season.
I could definitely see that happening with Zucc. He actually has much more skill than Parenteau whose other worldly numbers are a byproduct of playing with a franchise player in Tavares and a wondeful finisher in Moulson.
I hope we somehow decide to qualify Zucc for nxt year.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
PA looked fantastic with Gomez and Shanny and Renney never gave him the time of day. Zucc has never shown that level of performance in an NHL sweater. PA never should have gone anywhere and should be in our top 6. I doubt Zucc ever cracks the top 6 of an NHL roster and stays there for a full season. I still can't believe how long Renney kept his job!!
Damn skippy! The people in my section were ready to mutiny if that knucklehead hadn't been canned that spring.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:28 PM
pld459666

PAP is a solid offensive minded player and while no world class talent, that line that he plays on benefit as much from him as he does from them.

and now after 2 years of producing legit numbers, he can take that confidence in knowing he can produce and continue the 50+ point pace.

He may not be a consistent 60-70 point guy, but he's solid enough to post consistent 50+ point seasons.

He's a solid little player

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:51 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
PA had 8 points in 22 games

Zooks has had 26 points in 52 games

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I have noticed the similarities yes but I think Zucc is much more talented than PA.

I'd like to keep him if he'd be willing to stay, but why would he? KHL beckons.

03-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Gardner McKay
#4parsley

vCash: 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by lundy View Post

He stays If he gets a 1 way contract. There would absolutely be a team that claims him if for some reason he gets sent down and has to clear waivers.

Gardner McKay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:09 PM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I have noticed the similarities yes but I think Zucc is much more talented than PA.

I'd like to keep him if he'd be willing to stay, but why would he? KHL beckons.
Donīt think you have to worry about KHL. Zuke will NOT leave USA as long as he gets an offer. And he will. If the Rangers donīt, heīll be an UFA and will for sure get an offer from another team.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
I doubt Zucc ever cracks the top 6 of an NHL roster and stays there for a full season.
I am willing to wager that you are wrong. Want to take that bet?

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:18 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
Zuke doesn't leach off of an elite center's playmaking ability, so no, he is not Parenteau. Zuke is offensively creative and is one of those guys you can throw on almost any line except the 4th, just don't expect amazing defense. Man do we need him back on the PP...

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Giacomin

I think Parenteau is playing in the right spot for him. If he stayed with the Rangers would he be playing? Probably not.

Giacomin is online now   Reply With Quote