HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

What are your thoughts about the ref's camera?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2012, 01:20 PM
  #1
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 50
What are your thoughts about the ref's camera?

Im now watching the Brynas-Farjestad game, and this is the first game I've seen with these new cameras that are placed on the judge's chest. I've only seen a few seconds of footage so far, but it seems like a cool idea I guess. A con is that there's no sound (?). I didn't hear anything while watching anyway.

Opinions?

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:25 PM
  #2
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,038
vCash: 500
It's a damn disgrace that the SEL don't allow overhead cameras, best view for replays of saves and goals and only one person gets to see them.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:34 PM
  #3
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
It's a damn disgrace that the SEL don't allow overhead cameras, best view for replays of saves and goals and only one person gets to see them.
Do you mean a camera on the refs helmet?

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 05:26 PM
  #4
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
Do you mean a camera on the refs helmet?
No overhead goal camera.


KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 05:57 PM
  #5
WayneBruce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
I personally donīt like them (the camera the refs wear). Its going to be used as a tool to show everyone what the ref saw and how stupid he was when he did not make the right call, everyone makes mistakes and thats a part of the game. They can use the video material to improve their reffing but it should not be shown on TV or in the arena imo.

I also want an overhead goal camera btw.

WayneBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 08:51 AM
  #6
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM View Post
No overhead goal camera.

Oh, ok, i was thinking about that one. But I didn't know that the SEL doesnt use it. I don't watch SEL much. Mostly NHL. But if that's the case, that's horrible indeed.
Why aren't they allowed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
I personally donīt like them (the camera the refs wear). Its going to be used as a tool to show everyone what the ref saw and how stupid he was when he did not make the right call, everyone makes mistakes and thats a part of the game. They can use the video material to improve their reffing but it should not be shown on TV or in the arena imo.

I also want an overhead goal camera btw.
Yes, I guess that could happen. But it could be the other way around too obviously. Maybe most likely not though. I was only hoping for watching some discussions between the players and the ref, and refs discussing with each other. I don't really care about the other things so much.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 12:46 PM
  #7
Son of Krypton
Registered User
 
Son of Krypton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Land of Enchantment
Posts: 619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
Oh, ok, i was thinking about that one. But I didn't know that the SEL doesnt use it. I don't watch SEL much. Mostly NHL. But if that's the case, that's horrible indeed.
Why aren't they allowed?
Well, the overhead cameras are mandatory, just to be clear.
It's just that the footage itself is for the video goal judges only.
I guess they want to "protect" the video goal judges by not showing possibly controversial footage on the scoreboard screens or TV broadcasts?

Still, there's a lot of non-controversial situations during games that would look sweet from overhead.
But we don't get to see them.

Son of Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 01:19 PM
  #8
Everlasting
Registered User
 
Everlasting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somwhere in time
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,385
vCash: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Krypton View Post
Well, the overhead cameras are mandatory, just to be clear.
It's just that the footage itself is for the video goal judges only.
I guess they want to "protect" the video goal judges by not showing possibly controversial footage on the scoreboard screens or TV broadcasts?

Still, there's a lot of non-controversial situations during games that would look sweet from overhead.
But we don't get to see them.
So swedish...

If i remember correctly, Canal+ aint allowed to interview the refs aftter the games so they can be "protected" too...

Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 06:17 PM
  #9
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin929 View Post
So swedish...

If i remember correctly, Canal+ aint allowed to interview the refs aftter the games so they can be "protected" too...
Refs have been interviewed plenty of times and as far as I know there are no rule against it, just up to the refs if they want to be interviewed or not. Also unless there is a major incident an interview with the refs is not of interest for Canal+.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 06:19 PM
  #10
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Krypton View Post
Well, the overhead cameras are mandatory, just to be clear.
It's just that the footage itself is for the video goal judges only.
I guess they want to "protect" the video goal judges by not showing possibly controversial footage on the scoreboard screens or TV broadcasts?

Still, there's a lot of non-controversial situations during games that would look sweet from overhead.
But we don't get to see them.
Exactly.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.