HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#76 Kings @ Canucks, 3/26/12 = LOSS 0-1 Thoughts & Tidbits ... too little too late.

Old
03-27-2012, 02:54 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

vCash: 500
These past 2 losses may have a healthy effect on the team. THis kind of sobers them a bit, reminding them that they need to battle for every inch of the ice and stay sharp moment by moment because, as we all know, let down your guard for one moment in the playoffs (no jinx) and you're done. And we all know this team has the tendency towards bad habits.

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:57 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

and as one poster mentioned, putting Kopi and Carter on a line might be good. But it also shows how fragile our 2nd line is that if you take the sniper off it, it might become completely useless (see pre-Carter trade).

And I agree that King, while useful, doesn't have the hands to stick in the top 6. But Penner is no more reliable and seems to have settled in hal-way decently on the Stoll line. And Nolan has the potential but is way too raw at this point. he just needs ice time on the 4th and not be put in difficult situations. King's not as skilled as Nolan, but his game is more mature at this point.

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Taylor Hall is done for the season with shoulder surgery. Not sure if he's been playing up till now but that was just announced.
He got levelled by Sarich a week or so ago, hasn't played since. Hall has said that the shoulder has bothered him for the past four years. You would think that if Edmonton knew that they would have drafted Sequin.
Even though Hall has had two big injuries in his first two years I still like him, and think that a fair deal between the two teams invlolving doughty could be reached.
We would get our #1LW, and they get #1 D. Leaves us way short on the back end but with enough cap room to go get Suter.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:24 PM
johnjm22

I don't think the weak link on the 2nd line is King.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:28 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
and that's putting it nicely...

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:55 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

**** the schedule maker who thought it would be a great idea to give the Kings the Stanley Cup finalists in consecutive games at the end of the season.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:55 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
I think he is.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
He got levelled by Sarich a week or so ago, hasn't played since. Hall has said that the shoulder has bothered him for the past four years. You would think that if Edmonton knew that they would have drafted Sequin.
Even though Hall has had two big injuries in his first two years I still like him, and think that a fair deal between the two teams invlolving doughty could be reached.
We would get our #1LW, and they get #1 D. Leaves us way short on the back end but with enough cap room to go get Suter.
BIG PASS on Hall. Kid has absolutely no hockey sense. All the tools, no toolbox. Cannot think the game, it's going to really limit his upside. Not to mention with his reckless (or stupid, IMO) playing style he will never be able to stay healthy. It's one the same concerns I have for E. Kane (Kane is bigger, stronger and not as reckless so no injuries, but still all tools, no toolbox with those guys). Rather keep Doughty for sure. Rather just put in a huge offer for Parise, just as likely to sign with LA as Suter (ie neither is likely).

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
dont want Hall. The Kid is going to suffer a lot of injuries in his career just because he is reckless and gets hit hard a lot more than any other player in the league. He seriously gets rocked by a huge hit every other game

Muzzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 06:18 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
These past 2 losses may have a healthy effect on the team. THis kind of sobers them a bit, reminding them that they need to battle for every inch of the ice and stay sharp moment by moment because, as we all know, let down your guard for one moment in the playoffs (no jinx) and you're done. And we all know this team has the tendency towards bad habits.
Or, it might lead to the kind of spiral that got TM fired, where they grip their sticks and stress and worry and that makes an already anemic offense even more challenged.

I still question the mental toughness of this team. I don't want to - I want a team I don't worry about every time they go down 1-0... but the season hasn't supported that for me, whether pre-Carter or post-Carter. They've got six games to prove me wrong.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 06:40 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Right now, if this team doesn't score in the 1st period, they start gripping it hard the rest of the game.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:02 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Right now, if this team doesn't score in the 1st period, they start gripping it hard the rest of the game.
I see where you're going with this...

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Kingsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
**** the schedule maker who thought it would be a great idea to give the Kings the Stanley Cup finalists in consecutive games at the end of the season.
What ?

Kingsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:03 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Kovalchuk is a good example. Initially he was trying way too hard. But now, a year later, he's settled in and is playing some great hockey.
I was happy to see the Kovy situation end up like that, but this season he has been a beast.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsfan1 View Post
What ?
Boston Vancouver....i'm guessing is what he means.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:35 PM
backhander

that was a super fast skating game and Kings tried to keep up with Vancouver's pace. obviously, the Kings couldn't score so tough to win games there. no one rouse to the occasion

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:32 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
i made the same claim over on S&S' blog after the BOS loss. at this point it's nut up, or book your vacation travel plans imo. i think based on effort and performance these last games will be a good indicator of which players REALLY want to be a part of this team.

at this point i am still waiting for a team that gives it their all every game. they may not win, but you know the effort is there. this team all season has battled with living up to this and the VAN game was another reflection of that. they should have been able to physically take over that game and the Nucks the same way they have other very good teams. BOS is another story imo, they have size and skill. VAN lacks the size but has tremendous skill.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Tadite

Fraser thinks the call against Clifford wasn't a good idea.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=391604

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote