HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Filip Kuba

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2006, 06:42 PM
NYR fan 2

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Filip Kuba

I have always liked Kuba, and when he was the first person (followed by Straka) to jump Ruutu after his hit on Jagr. With that said, I think he would be a good fit on the Rangers. Right now he is 29, and won't be 30 until December. He is a big 6-3 and 205 lbs. What do you guys think it would take to get him on the Rangers?

Old
02-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2
I have always liked Kuba, and when he was the first person (followed by Straka) to jump Ruutu after his hit on Jagr. With that said, I think he would be a good fit on the Rangers. Right now he is 29, and won't be 30 until December. He is a big 6-3 and 205 lbs. What do you guys think it would take to get him on the Rangers?

Dont know what it would take to get him but I would love him here.

Old
02-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Doyle

I remember a few years ago when the Wild had that nasty PP going. The one with Brunette and Gaborik in the top 10 PPP. There was much mention of his thundering shot from the point as the prime setup. Now throw that in with him being a UFA, a Czech and that he stood up for Jagr... I'm pretty sold, but I am doubtful he is on the Ranger's radar.

Old
02-18-2006, 09:04 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRaws
I remember a few years ago when the Wild had that nasty PP going. The one with Brunette and Gaborik in the top 10 PPP. There was much mention of his thundering shot from the point as the prime setup. Now throw that in with him being a UFA, a Czech and that he stood up for Jagr... I'm pretty sold, but I am doubtful he is on the Ranger's radar.

Im guessing Kuba or Kubina will be with the Rangers by March 9th, if not Kuba than Willie Mitchell or maybe if they wanna get someone for depth than Sean ODonnell or Cale Hulse.

Old
02-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Im guessing Kuba or Kubina will be with the Rangers by March 9th, if not Kuba than Willie Mitchell or maybe if they wanna get someone for depth than Sean ODonnell or Cale Hulse.
so they have the depth to trade for Kubina? I don't think Tampa will fall that far out to trade him away. Its a good wish though..

Old
02-18-2006, 10:00 PM
Block More Shots

I don't think Kuba has been playing that well with Minnesota this season and Risebrough isn't a big fan of his. We may be able to get him for a decent prospect and pick. I like his size and he should fit in well with the Czechs on the Rangers.

He's more of a 4th/5th d-man IMO but he can fill the 6th defenseman role fine.

Mitchell and Kubina are going to cost a lot so I wouldn't even go after them. Plus, Mitchell goes UFA this off-season and there have been reports that he wants to go to Vancouver (according to Spector's Hockey, don't feel like posting a link right now). I do like Kubina but like I said before, he's going to cost too much.

I wouldn't mind going after the following at the deadline: Kuba, O'Connoll, or Weinrich. Each can add a solid defensive presence to our blueline and wouldn't cost that much.

Old
02-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundmarkFan
I don't think Kuba has been playing that well with Minnesota this season and Risebrough isn't a big fan of his. We may be able to get him for a decent prospect and pick. I like his size and he should fit in well with the Czechs on the Rangers.

He's more of a 4th/5th d-man IMO but he can fill the 6th defenseman role fine.

Mitchell and Kubina are going to cost a lot so I wouldn't even go after them. Plus, Mitchell goes UFA this off-season and there have been reports that he wants to go to Vancouver (according to Spector's Hockey, don't feel like posting a link right now). I do like Kubina but like I said before, he's going to cost too much.

I wouldn't mind going after the following at the deadline: Kuba, O'Connoll, or Weinrich. Each can add a solid defensive presence to our blueline and wouldn't cost that much.

Giroux and a fourth?

Old
02-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Giroux and a fourth?
I like that...Giroux would be a 4th liner for the Rangers and we have plenty of those. A 4th is reasonable but if we could do Giroux and a 5th, it'd be even better.

The question is, would Minnesota take a deal like this?

Old
02-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Doyle

I could see Minn wanting another prospect to go in the deal with maybe a later pick. I wouldn't offer anything aside from the Hartford vets (Wiseman, Giroux, Lampman, etc.). Eventhough they are much closer to NHL ready, their ceilings are the lower of all our prospects, considering the amount of 1-3rd round guys we've gotten over the years.

Old
02-19-2006, 02:35 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
I could see Minn wanting another prospect to go in the deal with maybe a later pick. I wouldn't offer anything aside from the Hartford vets (Wiseman, Giroux, Lampman, etc.). Eventhough they are much closer to NHL ready, their ceilings are the lower of all our prospects, considering the amount of 1-3rd round guys we've gotten over the years.
sounds good, sign me up

Old
02-19-2006, 05:46 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by LundmarkFan
I don't think Kuba has been playing that well with Minnesota this season and Risebrough isn't a big fan of his.
I can confirm both (I am also a Wild season ticket holder) Kuba has been inconsistent this year and he certainly hasn't been the power play force others have referenced. He's probably available today and may become more available if the Wild don't make up some ground in the playoff race over the next few weeks.

Old
02-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Doyle

Even if he hasnt played well this year, neither did Sykora in Anaheim. I referenced his former success on the PP to emphasize what his upside could be manning the point on an all Czech unit.

Old
02-19-2006, 06:44 PM
DW

I'm unsure who'll be availeable (frome the Wild) when the trade deadline comes. Of the three UFA d-men (Mitchell, Kuba, Zuzyin) I can see Zuzyin being the one to be dealt which I don't think all that many teams will have that much interest.

Kuba's play has not been consistent this season. I do know that the Wild management have always liked the guy (with some critical mentions this season), moreso then some of the fans. He takes a real beating (mostly from his style of play, he's big but doesn't play like it.) from most Wild fans and they seem to be the people that most want the guy gone from the team, not DR or any other management/coach.

I personally don't think that Mitchell will be made availeable for the trade deadline especially after his run with the captaincy. Maybe for overpayment but that's not likely for a future UFA.

What would the Wild want for Kuba/Mitchell? Probably a prospect/late pick combo.

Old
02-19-2006, 09:04 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Even if he hasnt played well this year, neither did Sykora in Anaheim. I referenced his former success on the PP to emphasize what his upside could be manning the point on an all Czech unit.
Well said

Old
02-19-2006, 10:26 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Kuba would cost you a decent prospect and a mid-range draft pick...

As much as we like to bash the guy, he gets good ice time...

Old
02-20-2006, 11:06 AM
robertch

Thomas Pock + a third round pick for Kuba

Pock's looked decent in his few games here, I think he'd fit will with the Wild's style of play.

Old
02-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Larry Melnyk

I wouldn't mind Kuba, but would like Mitchell better..Both could help in the POs..

Other guys to consider could be Carney, Salei, O'Donnel, Lukowich, Hill..maybe even Gaithier and Morris (less likely) from PHO

Old
02-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Ola

Zedno Chara should quit frankly be priority 1-25 for Sather this summer. With him, Tyutin and Staal infront of Lundqvist we would be a powerhouse for the next 7-8 years. I have a hard time seeing any D in the league who could match that D. Chara would be the perfect fit, there isn't a player in the league who he doesn't intimidate. He is the best player in his own zone in the league. He can fight. He have a good shot on the PP. Chara is also extremely dedicated to the game. Always working out harder then anyone else. He is also so big that he takes really few hits compared with a normal D. I could see Chara still getting better a few seasons and play well untill he is 38.

Though after Chara, Kuba is a very good option.

Old
02-20-2006, 11:51 AM
robertch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
He is also so big that he takes really few hits compared with a normal D. I could see Chara still getting better a few seasons and play well untill he is 38.

Though after Chara, Kuba is a very good option.

Good points, but I don't know about this last bit. A big like Chara will probably have knee problems down the road. Obviously neither of us has a crystal ball, but I don't see a giant dude like that having an especially lengthy carreer.

Obviously we're not talking about signing him to some Yashin-eque 10 year deal though.

Old
02-20-2006, 01:03 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertch
Thomas Pock + a third round pick for Kuba

Pock's looked decent in his few games here, I think he'd fit will with the Wild's style of play.

Id say Marcel Hossa and 3rd for Mitchell

Old
02-20-2006, 01:40 PM
robertch

I actually like what I've seen from Hossa thus far. He looks like he's improved a lot since the begining of the season. He's been working hard IMO, and points are likely to follow.

I'd try to hold on to him if possible, but if not I'd be willing to move him if that's what it would take.

Old
02-20-2006, 02:34 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Id say Marcel Hossa and 3rd for Mitchell
Come on here, JOrt. A #3-4 defenseman for a "coulda been but never will be" and a 3rd round pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertch
I actually like what I've seen from Hossa thus far. He looks like he's improved a lot since the begining of the season. He's been working hard IMO, and points are likely to follow.
Saying that points are likely to follow is something that has been said about him every single year of his career. Yet, the points are not following. During his second stint, after his benching, Hossa now has a grand total of 1 point in his last 10 games. He is a player that falls into the Rucinsky/Rucchin/Poti category of simply not having any room for him. He should certainly not be any deal breaker and if a GM out there wants him, then there should be no problem.

Closed Thread