03-27-2012, 02:12 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
I don't know what you're talking about
I think part of it is your new avatar, Gopher. People see you as gruff and hardened. A seasoned veteran of the Moderator Madhouse. You take no crap from anyone and you will not hesitate to stab someone in the face with the ban hammer, despite the fact that hammers aren't usually useable for stabbing. Conventional wisdom doesn't stop you from moderating however you god damn please.

Please don't ban me.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:18 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

vCash: 500

Last edited by llamapalooza: 03-27-2012 at 02:18 PM. Reason: This post never existed
llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:42 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 02:48 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I would see it as a huge step forward for our fanbase if we would just man up and really HATE somebody.

I mean come on. Watch a Jets game and they find someone on the opposing team to hate EVERY SINGLE GAME.

I wish the fans at the X were half as passionate.
Hell yeah. BTW, I was completely serious. StateofHockey, you can become a hero to the State of Hockey tonight. Go down in history like the dude who poured a beer on Norm.

Also, thread needs more bitter songs.

Old
03-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

I would totally stop glossing over every one of SoH's posts if he threw a Gaborik jersey on the ice at some point during the game.

Old
03-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Stepanformayor*

Stepan gets to 50 points tonight!! He is at 47 right now.

Stepanformayor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:01 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
I would totally stop glossing over every one of SoH's posts if he threw a Gaborik jersey on the ice at some point during the game.
Haha. I have tickets for row 14 too. Just a hop and a skip to a launch over the glass.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:31 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
Would you by any chance get security on your neck for doing it? I mean like a ban or something?

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
Would you by any chance get security on your neck for doing it? I mean like a ban or something?
No idea. It's always possible.

Did those Heatley Haters on Ottawa catch any hell?

Old
03-27-2012, 03:36 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

i hope he does it...then I'll know who he is. dumbass bitter gaborik haters. jesus what a bunch of backwards idiots.
edit: and yes, they can ban you but it's extremely unlikely it'll be permanent. especially if you are a season ticket holder.

Last edited by rynryn: 03-27-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old
03-27-2012, 03:57 PM
SeeKpzl8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
Stepan gets to 50 points tonight!! He is at 47 right now.
Don't say that! I just dropped him in fantasy..lol

SeeKpzl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 04:00 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
i hope he does it...then I'll know who he is. dumbass bitter gaborik haters. jesus what a bunch of backwards idiots.
edit: and yes, they can ban you but it's extremely unlikely it'll be permanent. especially if you are a season ticket holder.
Believe it or not, "Everyone who disagrees with me is a dumbass backwards idiot" is not a good way to get people to come around to your side.

Whether you think he was right to leave or not, the way in which things went down and the bitterness between sides can't be blamed on the organization alone, and it's entirely reasonable for fans to be mad about what happened.

And honestly, even if it's for the wrong reasons, this organization needs a bit of hatred and bitterness. It's time for fans to start giving a **** again. Personally I put him on about the same level as Chuck Knoblauch.

Security won't give a ****. The Heater Haters got away with it just fine as far as I've heard, and the Wild would be stupid to risk alienating bitter fans any more in this god-forsaken excuse for a season.

Old
03-27-2012, 04:07 PM
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!

Left Minnesota and signed a five year 7.5million/year deal with the Rangers, tops in the East. Making playoffs consistenly.

ShutDownDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 04:12 PM
ironranger

vCash: 145
I'm pretty much over being bitter at gaborik for leaving now, yes we lost a great player when he left but it may have been cancer in the locker room like zids was.

I'm just guessing and I'm not comparing the two in ability but the situations have similarities if you look at some of the things Gaborik said.

Example
When asked about the pressure to get back in the lineup given the 10th-place team's struggling, Gaborik said, "Quite frankly I haven't really been watching games. I've been following the scores, but I haven't been watching games. From my perspective, I just really need to focus on how am I feeling, how everything goes with me and then if everything goes good, I'm going to jump in to play. Definitely the pressure is on, but first of all I want to feel confident in my body and ... so far everything is going well."

Wild teammate Eric Belanger said he hoped Gaborik "didn't mean it the way it sounds -- I hope. I'm hoping because it's too hard for him to watch. I'm hoping."

Thats just selfish and is he a good enough player to want that attitude in the locker room?

ironranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 04:14 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Believe it or not, "Everyone who disagrees with me is a dumbass backwards idiot" is not a good way to get people to come around to your side.

Whether you think he was right to leave or not, the way in which things went down and the bitterness between sides can't be blamed on the organization alone, and it's entirely reasonable for fans to be mad about what happened.

And honestly, even if it's for the wrong reasons, this organization needs a bit of hatred and bitterness. It's time for fans to start giving a **** again. Personally I put him on about the same level as Chuck Knoblauch.

Security won't give a ****. The Heater Haters got away with it just fine as far as I've heard, and the Wild would be stupid to risk alienating bitter fans any more in this god-forsaken excuse for a season.
well technically throwing things on the ice is cause for removal. but I really don't think they're going to risk those thousands of $ to ban anyone. People dislike Gaborik because it's easy and they don't care to actually figure out who they should be mad at. it makes us all looks stupid as a fanbase. I give up! You are correct--it isn't a way to get people on my side, but then again the people who do "hate" gaborik generally aren't very reasonable or rational people anyway. I doubt very much a honeyed tongue would work either.

Old
03-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
well technically throwing things on the ice is cause for removal. but I really don't think they're going to risk those thousands of $ to ban anyone. People dislike Gaborik because it's easy and they don't care to actually figure out who they should be mad at. it makes us all looks stupid as a fanbase. I give up! You are correct--it isn't a way to get people on my side, but then again the people who do "hate" gaborik generally aren't very reasonable or rational people anyway. I doubt very much a honeyed tongue would work either.
I've heard arguments both for and against putting any blame on Gaborik. honestly the way things went down when he left was just the straw that broke the camels back with me. When he was here he was only in the lineup sporadically. He always seemed to put himself first. Case and point: his damned holdout and then when he signed he plays like crap? That one's all Gaborik. And then when he finally has surgery and adresses his glass groin problem YEARS after it should have been addressed, he leaves. Now he's pulling it together in New York? **** that.

I will root against him every time I see him. I rooted against him in the Olympics. I will root against the Rangers in the playoffs. I will boo my TV if he ever is in the same arena as the cup, let alone touches it.

He is a selfish jerk as far as I am concerned and if I had a Gaborik jersey and was within driving distance of the X, I would find a way to be there tonight so I could toss it on to the ice myself.

Old
03-27-2012, 04:24 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

we're not playing spoiler for anyone with this game, right?
no one's post season hinges on this?

Old
03-27-2012, 04:28 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Like I said, it's not as simple as either "Gaborik is the devil" or "We should only be mad at Riseborough because it was only his fault." Any time a star player leaves the team that drafted him, there will be some residual anger, but beyond that, Gaborik didn't exactly handle it gracefully.(See Albert Pujols for the right way to do things.)

There are a lot of people at fault for that debacle, and Gaborik's one of them. He gets more bitterness because his actions showed absolute disregard for the future of this franchise and its fans, rather than just the nave incompetence that Riseborough's handling of things showed. Even though Riser deserves more of the blame, the attitude and motive behind his actions is totally different.

Old
03-27-2012, 04:30 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

bah, it's a personal choice. like racism. god knows slovaks aren't a cuddly bunch.

Old
03-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Meh, I can't blame Gabby. He saw the writing on the wall before the ship full on tanked. He'd have wasted three more years of his career waiting for an NHL roster.

Granted Gabby would be great to have on a line with Mikko and Granlund, but I don't think he's shedding any tears with 40 goals playing on Broadway with Richards feeding him the puck and a team built to go DEEP.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 04:33 PM
iamthewalrus

vCash: 920
rangers fan here....excellent thread cover. and good luck. can you guys still contend for playoffs? havent really been keeping track of the 8 spot runs

iamthewalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 04:35 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
rangers fan here....excellent thread cover. and good luck. can you guys still contend for playoffs? havent really been keeping track of the 8 spot runs
We're very, very eliminated. We'd pick I think 4th overall if the season ended today.

Old
03-27-2012, 04:36 PM
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!

Quote:
Yup we can still contend, we're hoping for a 4th place finish this year..........if we haven't been decimated by injuries.

ShutDownDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 04:39 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

i swear people are just rubbing it in.

Old
03-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
We are eliminated. Some of us fans are hoping we completely tank (see my Carolina and Buffalo GDTs for evidence of my desire to tank), some of us dont, but ultimately this game has very little meaning for us, but you guys need all the points you can get to hold off The Crosby Penguins, right?

As long as Gaborik gets his ass laid out by a big (legal) check, does not score, and we still lose, it will be a good game as far as I am concerned.