HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

QMJHL Awards: Habs and potential future habs shine bright.

Old
03-27-2012, 04:41 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

vCash: 500
QMJHL Awards: Habs and potential future habs shine bright.

Nathan Beaulieu is up for Defencemen of the year.
Morgan Ellis is up for Defensive Defencemen of the year.
Michael Bournival is up for Scholastic Player of the year.

Patrick Roy for GM of the year.
Mikhail Grigorenko for MVP, top pro prospect, and RDS cup as overall rookie.

http://tsn.ca/draftcentre/story/?id=390893

good stuff we're seeing here. This isn't even including Tinordi and Gallagher who are two great prospects. The future is bright.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Teamwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
The future is bright.
I need sunglasses

Teamwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 05:01 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

But but but were 28th in prospects!!!

x74Pacioretty74x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
But but but were 28th in prospects!!!

It's the Q though... I still have the Habs in the bottom 5 in prospects, but good on those players for having good seasons I'd still stay away from Grigorenko...

Edit: And sorry about my avatar guys, just this thing we have on the Sens board. Not trolling at all, just my opinion

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 05:30 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerk Store View Post
It's the Q though... I still have the Habs in the bottom 5 in prospects, but good on those players for having good seasons I'd still stay away from Grigorenko...

Edit: And sorry about my avatar guys, just this thing we have on the Sens board. Not trolling at all, just my opinion
Yeah... Like hockeyfutures ranked the Flyers dead last in the league about 8 years ago when they had Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Joni Pitkanen and Patrick Sharp in the same prospects pool.

Ask around to real scouts what they think of guys like Tinordi, Ellis and Beaulieu right now compared to one year ago.

As for Grigorenko, yeah, whatever you think... He's a can't-miss prospect. Not in the sense that he's a surefire superstar. But he will be at least a very good NHL player for years to come.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Jerk Store
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Thank god you will not be the new gm
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH EMELIN View Post
Yeah... Like hockeyfutures ranked the Flyers dead last in the league about 8 years ago when they had Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Joni Pitkanen and Patrick Sharp in the same prospects pool.

Ask around to real scouts what they think of guys like Tinordi, Ellis and Beaulieu right now compared to one year ago.

As for Grigorenko, yeah, whatever you think... He's a can't-miss prospect. Not in the sense that he's a surefire superstar. But he will be at least a very good NHL player for years to come.
I just don't think he's the type of player you need. I would keep my ears open for trade offers for the pick.

Jerk Store is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Best part about this, in my opinion, is that his point total matched Beaulieu. Good on the kid, I don't think I've ever heard a negative thing about him.

Hank Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 06:05 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

"I just don't think he's the type of player you need. I would keep my ears open for trade offers for the pick."

A slick skating, highly talented, 6'3, 200 lbs, QMJHL rookie (and potentialy MVP) of the year, who has not yet turned 18? yah...who would want that? Unless the offer for the pick begins with the other teams best player, I think even the old goat running this seasons shipwreck will make the right decision and draft the piece this team needs the most.

Old
03-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ftw View Post
An obvious expert.
Enough of the childish remarks. If you have something constructive to add then please feel free to enlighten us .

There are many people who have serious doubts about Grigorenko.

Estimated_Prophet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 06:15 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
"I just don't think he's the type of player you need. I would keep my ears open for trade offers for the pick."

A slick skating, highly talented, 6'3, 200 lbs, QMJHL rookie (and potentialy MVP) of the year, who has not yet turned 18? yah...who would want that? Unless the offer for the pick begins with the other teams best player, I think even the old goat running this seasons shipwreck will make the right decision and draft the piece this team needs the most.
He never said he wasn't talented, he just said it wasn't the type of player we needed. Some might agree with him because many scouts have reported that he lacks consistent effort.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 06:52 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Hah people always give their opinion on draft possibilities, but one Sens fan does it in our boards and everyone freaks out?

Grow up people. You're not the only one with an opinion.
True, but to be fair, it doesn't really make sense. Trade the pick for...what a big young potential franchise center? Oh wait. Grig may not be his pick, but there's galchenyuk and potential #1 d-men there too.

Trading #2 overall when a prospect we need is slotted there is like me telling them to trade spezza or karlsson just because.

I have nothing against him making an opinion and I hope he has more, but when trading a potential 1-2 pick because #2 ranked skater isn't to your liking is proposed, expect "yah whatever". That's polite given the context IMO.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:07 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH EMELIN View Post

Cant figure out the team rankings. Oilers are No.1 and they have only one guy in the top 50, Klefboom at 22nd overall. Avs are No.2 but have guys ranked at 3, 8, 19 and 63. The Wild are ranked down at 7th and they have 5 players in the top 50 and 3 in the top 14 at 2, 12,14,35 and 38. The Devils best guy is at 61 and ranked 18th overall while our top guys are at 33, 47 and 50. Either Im missing something, which can certainly be the case, or THN is.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:16 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Nathan Beaulieu is up for Defencemen of the year.
Michael Bournival is up for Scholastic Player of the year.

Patrick Roy for GM of the year.
Mikhail Grigorenko for MVP, top pro prospect, and RDS cup as overall rookie.

http://tsn.ca/draftcentre/story/?id=390893

good stuff we're seeing here. This isn't even including Tinordi and Gallagher who are two great prospects. The future is bright.
For your info: they are not Habs yet !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
True, but to be fair, it doesn't really make sense. Trade the pick for...what a big young potential franchise center? Oh wait. Grig may not be his pick, but there's galchenyuk and potential #1 d-men there too.

Trading #2 overall when a prospect we need is slotted there is like me telling them to trade spezza or karlsson just because.

I have nothing against him making an opinion and I hope he has more, but when trading a potential 1-2 pick because #2 ranked skater isn't to your liking is proposed, expect "yah whatever". That's polite given the context IMO.
I have no problem with trading the pick. If a team is willing to pay a premium to move up a few spots and Timmins feels that he can still get the guy that he wants then you make the trade.

Estimated_Prophet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 07:27 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

"For your info: they are not Habs yet !"

Qmjhl awards: Habs and POTENTIAL future habs shine bright

Old
03-27-2012, 07:48 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I have no problem with trading the pick. If a team is willing to pay a premium to move up a few spots and Timmins feels that he can still get the guy that he wants then you make the trade.
Fair enough, but i'd rather not trade down unless it gives us multiple 1st rounders but doubt anyone is in possession of that package except capitals but their 1sts are too far back.

Old
03-27-2012, 07:49 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

I think for a rare time Habs prospect are somewhat underrated. Perhaps because the only decent prospect we've had in Hamilton was Leblanc, so there was little exposure. Regardless we have a massive influx of quality defensemen coming up and some solid forwards. Getting the top5 pick and (hopefully) selecting a potential star forward really completes the mix.

What I like is that the prospect group all ''fits in'' together. We don't rely too much on a single prospect yet none of them are really redundant. For instance at least one of Beaulieu and Tinordi is bound to become a good top4 dman. If both make it then good for us, theres space and a role for both. Same with the forwards, none of Bournival, Gallagher or Kristo would play the same role if they made the NHL.

The development of Weber for instance really suffered due to Subban&Diaz being similar but better types of defensemen. If Weber was a player of equal quality to what he is but bigger and more specialized defensively instead of offensively its certain he'd be in a regular in our top6. I don't see such a thing happening right now except if some less renowned guy like Bennett ends up challenging one of our upcoming left handed defensemen down the road.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 09:15 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I get your points and they are fair, but it is my opinion that Edmonton should have shopped one of their many 1st rounders the last few years, in order to build a better team. As far as Grigorenko, I'm sorry if I'm not as enthusiastic as some of you are about him. You guys can criticize me all you want, I'm sorry if you feel personally attacked, but he's just not the type of player I feel will turn into a star player in the league, as some of you seem to already believe. I didn't say trade the pick for scrubs either, and if you keep the pick, pick who you feel is the BPA, but what I said was I would keep my ears opened for potential trades.
It's fair, some are skeptical, but I think it's not worth the trouble at this point. Draft BPA and that's that. Unless habs have someone as BPA who is a consensus 5-6 pick, then sure, trade down, gain assets, but meh, even if grigo is a #1B center, we'll take it. Our prospect pool is a little weak right now.

Old
03-28-2012, 08:42 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Yet somehow Ottawa has a better prospect pool than Montreal. Anyway, can we please leave Ottawa out of the discussion? I tried staying on topic.

As for the topic, for the other existing prospects, that's good news. A year to a few years later is when you start seeing if you might've made a good pick as prospects develop
All I have to say about this is that I hope you watched the Quebec Rampart more then a few games and not making your opinion based on a few comments and analysis made from TSN or other hockey sites, blogs. This could be trolling IMO.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:01 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Bournival up for scholastic player of the year?! Is there anything this kid can't do? He's a physical machine, when do he study? Between reps?

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote