HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread: Sedin indefinite (concussion), Rome out 7-10 days (knee)

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2012, 07:31 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAME CANADA View Post
I honestly don't think Sedins had a concussion, I think it's the Canucks playing it safe and wanted it to look worse than it was hoping for a stronger punishment on Keith.
Yeah, good luck selling that story to a Sedin. They'd play if they were healthy.

Old
03-27-2012, 09:27 PM
ProstheticConscience
Seeing is believing

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAME CANADA View Post
Come on guys! if Sedin had a serious injury AV would've called him out in the media.
Was about to have you deported to the Bruins' board for a second after reading your post before this one.

-------------

Yeah, I must admit I'm pretty clued out as to who could come up from/go back down to the Wolves now. Part of me is glad Ballard and Ebbet are both getting close to game shape, but another part of me knows there's really nowhere to put them with the big club right now. I'd rather Bitz and/or Reinprecht come up over Ebbet, easily. Ballard or Gragnani...really, where's the difference? Hipchecks? Not like Ballard's going to be really physical if he's just coming off PCS for months on end. *sigh* Oh well, at least nobody's wondering about cap circumvention with Ballard anymore.

Old
03-27-2012, 09:43 PM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Yeah, I must admit I'm pretty clued out as to who could come up from/go back down to the Wolves now. Part of me is glad Ballard and Ebbet are both getting close to game shape, but another part of me knows there's really nowhere to put them with the big club right now. I'd rather Bitz and/or Reinprecht come up over Ebbet, easily. Ballard or Gragnani...really, where's the difference? Hipchecks? Not like Ballard's going to be really physical if he's just coming off PCS for months on end. *sigh* Oh well, at least nobody's wondering about cap circumvention with Ballard anymore.
Once Ballard is back, at least we have depth with Alberts, Grags, Rome, Tanev etc. Ballard was playing good before he got hurt, IMO, and I want to see a Tanev-Ballard pairing again.

Old
03-27-2012, 09:48 PM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yapperface View Post
I hope your last post was a set up for this joke. If you're serious though, wow.
haha yeah it's sad, isn't it.

Old
03-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
Once Ballard is back, at least we have depth with Alberts, Grags, Rome, Tanev etc. Ballard was playing good before he got hurt, IMO, and I want to see a Tanev-Ballard pairing again.
The question with Ballard may be more if than when.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:14 AM
CanucksOo

Farhan Lalji ‏ @FarhanLaljiTSN
Gillis said during the intermisson he hopes to have Daniel and Bieksa back before the playoffs start.

hmm...looks like Bieksa will be needing a couple more "maintenance days".

Old
03-29-2012, 01:20 AM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksOo View Post
Gillis said during the intermisson he hopes to have Daniel and Bieksa back before the playoffs start.

But but but but but, we're 4-0-0 without Danny?!?!?!

Old
03-29-2012, 01:25 AM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksOo View Post

Hopefully this means Daniel's symptoms aren't that bad. If he was feeling awful I doubt Gillis mentions him.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:27 AM
Bieksallent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
Hopefully this means Daniel's symptoms aren't that bad. If he was feeling awful I doubt Gillis mentions him.
Yep, he must be making progress. Hopefully this gives him a good rest and he can get back to being the player he's capable of being. His brother too. Henrik was dire tonight.

Old
03-29-2012, 01:55 AM
denkiteki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
The question with Ballard may be more if than when.
I think its really a when thing given injuries are bound to happen in the playoff. Ballard should at least be above Alberts on the depth chart (even in AV's book). He also has had solid chemistry with Tanev (who looks like he'll finally stick). Heck given the physical game in the West, might be a good idea to rotate dmans so they stay fresh.

If everyone is healthy tho, i think you're right, Ballard lost his spot to Tanev given AV will play a healthy Rome before Ballard. I just hope Ballard can get a conditioning trip in Chicago before the end of the regular season.

Old
03-29-2012, 02:15 AM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkiteki View Post
I think its really a when thing given injuries are bound to happen in the playoff. Ballard should at least be above Alberts on the depth chart (even in AV's book). He also has had solid chemistry with Tanev (who looks like he'll finally stick). Heck given the physical game in the West, might be a good idea to rotate dmans so they stay fresh.

If everyone is healthy tho, i think you're right, Ballard lost his spot to Tanev given AV will play a healthy Rome before Ballard. I just hope Ballard can get a conditioning trip in Chicago before the end of the regular season.
Ballard cannot be sent to the AHL on a conditioning assignment as he is not listed on the Wolves Clear Day Roster.

Old
03-29-2012, 02:26 AM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Ballard cannot be sent to the AHL on a conditioning assignment as he is not listed on the Wolves Clear Day Roster.
Unless he's on their reserve list. None of Davies, Clackson, or Roussel are on the Wolves' Clear Day Roster but they all suited up for last game. Also, Rypien played with the Moose last year on a conditioning stint without being on the Clear Day Roster because he was on the resreve list.

That said, Ballard going to the AHL seems exceedingly unlikely to me.

Old
03-29-2012, 02:36 AM
yoss

Quote:
Really wish you are right on this. You sure it wasn't just a general kind of evasive remark by MG? I am hesitant to get my hopes up, but i sure hope you are right. I am relatively new here, so i will give your theory more weight since you are a mod. No sarcasm. Hey i'll take any possibility of good news about Danny at this point.

Old
03-29-2012, 03:01 AM
CCF23

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoss View Post
Really wish you are right on this. You sure it wasn't just a general kind of evasive remark by MG? I am hesitant to get my hopes up, but i sure hope you are right. I am relatively new here, so i will give your theory more weight since you are a mod. No sarcasm. Hey i'll take any possibility of good news about Danny at this point.
No, you're opinion is no less valid than mine or anyone else's.

I'm just of the mind that Gillis likely wouldn't talk about Daniel in any kind of time frame (even in 'hope' terms) if he was experiencing terrible symptoms.

Old
03-29-2012, 03:41 AM
Crows*

Seems obvious to me that the Canucks are now resting players.

Old
03-29-2012, 04:05 AM
yoss

Quote:

I'm just of the mind that Gillis likely wouldn't talk about Daniel in any kind of time frame (even in 'hope' terms) if he was experiencing terrible symptoms.
Yeah i know my opinion is no less valid, but i am going to assume you onto something because for one thing i want to believe it, plus it makes sense.

I only caught part of MG with Dan Murphy during the 1st intermission, but i did hear him say something about Daniel. It sounded pretty vague to me at the time, but of course i wouldn't expect anything else, especially considering it is a concussion, and perhaps i missed some of the subtleties in his response.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:04 PM
CCF23

Quote:

Quoting my own post because I screwed up "your". That drives me absolutely insane. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:09 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Seems obvious to me that the Canucks are now resting players.
I like the way they are doing it though. Not just EVERYONE OUT for the last 3 games. Just 1 or 2 guys out per game to allow some depth players get some reps.

THought Tanev would be sent down while the Wolves were in town and Bitz called up for a game or two.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:10 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Quoting my own post because I screwed up "your". That drives me absolutely insane. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I thought it made more sense when you said "No, you are opinion is no less..."

So is Ballard in our top 6 when he does get healthy.

Tanev has looked wobbly out there and Rome is Rome. Interesting how they will play it out.

Old
03-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Unless he's on their reserve list. None of Davies, Clackson, or Roussel are on the Wolves' Clear Day Roster but they all suited up for last game. Also, Rypien played with the Moose last year on a conditioning stint without being on the Clear Day Roster because he was on the resreve list.

That said, Ballard going to the AHL seems exceedingly unlikely to me.
IIRC correctly Rypien played under a special dispensation by way of agreement between the NHL and AHL and the Moose were permitted to add him to their in residence list.
http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=4163430

The Wolves have the following five players on the five player replacement roster (aka in residence list) who are eligible as well but Ballard is not there:

Darren Archibald
Michael Davies
Matt Clackson
Antoine Roussel
Stefan Schneider
http://www.chicagowolves.com/release...playoff-roster

Old
03-29-2012, 05:18 PM
CCF23

Quote:
I'm hearing Bieksa has been dealing with something that has been bugging him for a few weeks now so, instead of playing through it, the Canucks want to give him some time to let the injury heal.

No word on the severity of the injury but it’s believed if the playoffs started tomorrow, Bieksa would be in the line-up.
Quote:
Daniel is still suffering from headaches, however, and cannot exercise at all until he is symptom free.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/...ngo_schneider/

Sounds like Daniel is progressing, but isn't there yet.

Old
03-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Uhmkay
Weber2Canucks2013

It's obvious that Daniel is not really injured and that they are just simply having the Sedin's take turn in and out of the lineup to get rest...

Old
03-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Plebeian
Play Your Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
It's obvious that Daniel is not really injured and that they are just simply having the Sedin's take turn in and out of the lineup to get rest...
Yup, What we didn't know is that Henrik actually rested last game and Daniel played in his place.

Old
03-29-2012, 06:09 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
Henrik is actually the one hurt but they needed to keep the iron man streak alive so Danny is filling in while "concussed".

Old
03-29-2012, 07:05 PM
CanucksOo

Quote:
If Gillis is hopeful, then I'm hopeful too!

Iain MacIntyre ‏ @imacVanSun
GM Gillis hopeful concussed Sedin will be ready for playoffs. "He's feeling a little better each day. He's on the right track."

Closed Thread