HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2012, 01:47 PM
  #326
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
*Sigh* The Wings are going to play the Jackets twice this week.


The game might be confused with an episode of the Walking Dead with Detroit's limping, groaning, and injured players and Columbus' lack of life.
Don't worry, we have plenty of injuries to work with as well. Did you know that there's actually a pretty good blueline signed to CBJ contracts this year? It's just that none of them have ever played together due to a combination of midseason acquisitions and comical injury madness.

Not that that's the sole reason why we're officially last in the NHL, but it just makes the season that much more entertaining.

But you should know this, hon. I keep telling you. And just because I've been away for a month doesn't mean I won't call you on this crap here.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 02:02 PM
  #327
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,942
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Don't worry, we have plenty of injuries to work with as well. Did you know that there's actually a pretty good blueline signed to CBJ contracts this year? It's just that none of them have ever played together due to a combination of midseason acquisitions and comical injury madness.

Not that that's the sole reason why we're officially last in the NHL, but it just makes the season that much more entertaining.

But you should know this, hon. I keep telling you. And just because I've been away for a month doesn't mean I won't call you on this crap here.

Ok,

1) Columbus clinched the first pick in the draft, like back in January. It wouldn't have been so bad if Leap day was not invented but still.

2) Detroit has lost an all-star team. CBJ lost the hope of being competitive.

3) Your defense has been improving and has dragged the team out of LAST PLACE in GA but still, they suck.

4) Your offense is still offensive. 29th in GF.


STILL.....


With some health and the draft I could see CBJ being a low 8th seed playoff team next year. IF CBJ raids the opposing rosters of the central. (Stewy in Detroit, Emery in Chicago, ETC.) And I think it would have to be a massive raid.

BigFatCat999 is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 02:04 AM
  #328
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Last night, we kept the peddle down for an entire 60. .......

What I did see was passes with a purpose and 100% effort from everyone on the ice. That's what I want to see from this team and that's what I got. I couldn't be happier with this effort to be perfectly honest.
This game was one of the best, most complete games they have played in a long while. Almost totally, from start to finish, they were in control.




And just to be negative.....Columbus looks like they are just going through the motions. Totally understandable, but man, they looked really awful. Maybe they can actually get it together for one game and beat Detroit on Wednesday.

sparkle twin is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 09:29 PM
  #329
cleangene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beautiful Bellevue
Posts: 963
vCash: 500
Welcome to PLAYOFF HOCKEY, Preds. Outside of Horns, no one seemed to wanted to move up towards home ice advantage. Half-a## it from here on out Sutes and Webs, and your wishes of never playing hockey for Nashville will come true pretty soon in April.

cleangene is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 09:34 PM
  #330
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
One has to wonder why in so many crucial games over the history of this franchise, the team has a collective brain fart. I have said before and I'll say it again. The coaching staff needs to change. The message is not getting through any more. No accountablity for certain players, failure to use others in situations that might help them improve. Tired of seeing the same crap over and over again. We seem to be willing to settle for good instead of being great. What a disappointment.

hockey diva is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 09:49 PM
  #331
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,741
vCash: 500
A coaching change when your team is sitting at 96 points with five games remaining?

ThirdManIn is online now  
Old
03-27-2012, 09:53 PM
  #332
Iron Duke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Dimas, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
A coaching change when your team is sitting at 96 points with five games remaining?
Preds fans are seriously spoiled. I didn't see anybody complaining about the job the coaching staff did for Sunday's game, which was far more crucial than the game tonight.


Last edited by Iron Duke: 03-27-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Iron Duke is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 10:01 PM
  #333
predfan24
Registered User
 
predfan24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,115
vCash: 500
There are negatives to be taken from this game for sure but sometimes one has to just admit when the other team is better. At this very moment the Saint Louis Blues are better than the Nashville Predators. That's not something to necessarily be mad about. They are the best team in the league statistically right now. People keep wanting to marginalize what they are doing(me included) but they just keep winning and they do it decisively. I actually thought the Preds came out tonight ready to put in the work necessary to win the game. They just got beat. I don't know how else to explain it.

predfan24 is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 10:37 PM
  #334
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
One has to wonder why in so many crucial games over the history of this franchise, the team has a collective brain fart. I have said before and I'll say it again. The coaching staff needs to change. The message is not getting through any more. No accountablity for certain players, failure to use others in situations that might help them improve. Tired of seeing the same crap over and over again. We seem to be willing to settle for good instead of being great. What a disappointment.
You're absolutely right. Fighting for home ice in the playoffs is unacceptable, and quite frankly, I'm tired of being in the playoffs every season. It's crap.

Drake744 is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 11:00 PM
  #335
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
Being dominated in all phases of the game is not being ready to play.

For some of us, just making the playoffs is no longer good enough, sorry. We keep getting told to be patient and let Poile and Trotz build a championship team. And what do we have? No division championship banners, and one playoff series win in 6 tries. In other words, we got nothin'.

hockey diva is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 11:11 PM
  #336
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,569
vCash: 500
I get where you are coming from hockey diva. we will see in the next year or 2 where we are at. I think its a real possibility trotz is gone.. 1 playoff series win in trotz tenure and thats all we got. all the while, STL sucks forever and boom, they have a division title and presidents trophy

NoNecksCurse is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 11:12 PM
  #337
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Being dominated in all phases of the game is not being ready to play.

For some of us, just making the playoffs is no longer good enough, sorry. We keep getting told to be patient and let Poile and Trotz build a championship team. And what do we have? No division championship banners, and one playoff series win in 6 tries. In other words, we got nothin'.
We just played arguably the best team in the NHL in a building where they hardly ever lose. It's okay to get beaten down once in awhile. Teams have bad nights, teams have good nights. We couldn't miss on Sunday and we couldn't get anything going tonight. What if we get a bounce early on, take an early lead, St. Louis can't catch a break and we win 1-0? Do we still need a "coaching change"?

As far as the whole postseason failures thing. That's great.

2004: Young 8 seeded team vs a stacked Wings team. Loss, obviously, as the huge majority of teams do as an 8 seed.

2006-2007: Yeah, those were disappointing seasons against a team that owned us. It was also a long time ago so it's irrelevant.

2008: Making the playoffs at all that year was a miracle in itself, and we were actually playing pretty well against a far superior Detroit team, again as the 8th seed. Shouldn't hold it against the organization for losing that one either.

2009: God forbid we don't make the playoffs.

2010: Erat's gaffe in Game 5 haunts people forever. Who the **** knows what would've happened if that play didn't unfold? I'm sure it's the coaching staff's fault though.

2011: Took the step forward, outplayed Anaheim, and held our own against Vancouver. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

2012: No point in complaining yet because it's a work in progress. Also, some people think this is the best team we've ever had. So excuse me for not acting like we're Columbus and the sky is falling down on us all as we're sitting with 96 points and 5 games left.


Oh, and as far as no division titles, if every fan base stopped caring because they weren't better than Detroit on a yearly basis, the NHL would have less fans than the WNBA.


Last edited by ThirdManIn: 03-28-2012 at 08:13 AM. Reason: filter circumvention
Drake744 is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 11:21 PM
  #338
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
That is a list of excuses, Drake. 8th seeds have gone to conference and cup finals recently. The fact remains that on the big stage, this team fails. And the one constant has been Trotz and Poile. Yes, they have gotten us to the playoffs with limited resources. We are better than that now though. And all I read are excuses why we can't make the jump to elite status.

We were totally outplayed in our two series with SJ despite having some offensive fire power. Trotz was the one who put Erat out there in the first place in that game 5.

hockey diva is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 11:40 PM
  #339
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
That is a list of excuses, Drake. 8th seeds have gone to conference and cup finals recently. The fact remains that on the big stage, this team fails. And the one constant has been Trotz and Poile. Yes, they have gotten us to the playoffs with limited resources. We are better than that now though. And all I read are excuses why we can't make the jump to elite status.

We were totally outplayed in our two series with SJ despite having some offensive fire power. Trotz was the one who put Erat out there in the first place in that game 5.
First paragraph is all present-day stuff that is comical because we played a bad game in the home of the league's top team and so now we're surely screwed come playoff time. You actually said it's the "same crap over and over again" in your first post on the subject. What about this season, besides winning and being in the playoffs, is the "same crap"? Is going 4-1-1 against the aforementioned league's top team still crap? Is beating Chicago 6-1 in their building 48 hours ago still just unacceptable? The season isn't even over and the Debbie Downers (although not many of them thankfully) are already projecting our playoff doom because we lost a bunch of times before as 7 and 8 seeds in years past with tons of players who aren't even on the team.

The second paragraph is completely irrelevant because A.) No one cares about the Sharks series anymore because they were 5 and 6 years ago and it has absolutely nothing to do with this team right now, and B.) Trotz put Erat out there. Great. In what universe is Trotz seriously blamed for the incredible brain cramp of a lifetime pulled by one of his top players? We aren't supposed to blame Erat for doing it but blame Trotz for putting him out there? That's like me getting pulled over for going 50 in a 40 and blaming the city for making the speed limit lower than what I was driving.

Drake744 is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 11:48 PM
  #340
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
So the losses to Edmonton and Pittsburgh were just "bad games" as well. Or the losses to Detroit where we were totally dominated just "bad games"? Tell me when is it not okay to have a bad game? St. Louis doesn't seem to be having many of those. Detroit despite their injuries still find ways to win. When I refer to our series with SJ, I am talking about a trend and patterns of play. And what I see is consistent inability to get over the "hump" and be considered an elite team that can truely contend for a Cup.

hockey diva is offline  
Old
03-27-2012, 11:58 PM
  #341
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
So the losses to Edmonton and Pittsburgh were just "bad games" as well. Or the losses to Detroit where we were totally dominated just "bad games"? Tell me when is it not okay to have a bad game? St. Louis doesn't seem to be having many of those. Detroit despite their injuries still find ways to win. When I refer to our series with SJ, I am talking about a trend and patterns of play. And what I see is consistent inability to get over the "hump" and be considered an elite team that can truely contend for a Cup.
The Edmonton game was terrible. The Pittsburgh game wasn't good either, and yes, although they are red hot right now, we should've played better. But, it happens over the course of the season. St. Louis doesn't have many of them because they're the best team in the West. Detroit is 5-9-1 in their last 15 games so they aren't finding ways to win too often despite those injuries.

As far as the "not getting over the hump" thing, I get that, but before 2010 is different in my mind than all that stuff before it when we had the ownership issues and whatnot. Since missing the playoffs in 08-09, we've improved each season, and we have no idea if we're over the hump or not right now because it's still March, and the playoffs are still two weeks away.

Drake744 is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 12:04 AM
  #342
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
The Edmonton game was terrible. The Pittsburgh game wasn't good either, and yes, although they are red hot right now, we should've played better. But, it happens over the course of the season. St. Louis doesn't have many of them because they're the best team in the West. Detroit is 5-9-1 in their last 15 games so they aren't finding ways to win too often despite those injuries.

As far as the "not getting over the hump" thing, I get that, but before 2010 is different in my mind than all that stuff before it when we had the ownership issues and whatnot. Since missing the playoffs in 08-09, we've improved each season, and we have no idea if we're over the hump or not right now because it's still March, and the playoffs are still two weeks away.
The first series with SJ we finished fourth, were in the running for the President's trophy and were being talked about as a contender. And would have finished first except we blew two crucial games against Detroit in March. In the playoffs, we fell flat on our faces. We have had good teams and they have failed as much as our not so good teams.

And yet despite that record over the last 15, detroit has locked up their 21st playoff spot and are ahead of us in the standings again. We are supposedly built to beat Detroit, just starting to wonder if that is ever going to happen.

You can be as optomistic as you want. I, on the other hand, want to see real results.


Last edited by hockey diva: 03-28-2012 at 12:09 AM.
hockey diva is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 12:13 AM
  #343
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,674
vCash: 50
Well not my team but fans expecting more from their team is never a bad thing. When fans start becoming complaicent about their team the owners no longer need to worry about putting together a winner. Medicrity creeps in and soon you become the Leafs. Always expect more and if you can't beat the top tear team now what's to say you will fair any better in the post season when hey generaly step up their game.

People complain that HABS fans are too hard on the players and coaches but with the history we have true HABS fans do not take medicrity lightly we expect a winner and just making it to the playoffs is really not good enough mediocrity SUCKS.

29dryden29 is online now  
Old
03-28-2012, 12:13 AM
  #344
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
The first series with SJ we finished fourth, were in the running for the President's trophy and were being talked about as a contender. And would have finished first except we blew two crucial games against Detroit in March. In the playoffs, we fell flat on our faces. We have had good teams and they have failed as much as our not so good teams.

And yet despite that record over the last 15, detroit has locked up their 21st playoff spot and are ahead of us in the standings again. We are supposedly built to beat Detroit, just starting to wonder if that is ever going to happen.

You can be as optomistic as you want. I, on the other hand, want to see real results.
I'm not saying we're a lock for the Cup, but my whole debate with this started because you seem to genuinely believe Trotz and (I think you said) Poile need to go because you think the "message isn't getting through anymore" despite yet again being a playoff-bound team. Fine, "just making the playoffs" isn't going to make any of us happy anymore but the fact still remains that we're at least in it and not preparing ourselves for the next high draft pick. Us and Detroit are the only two teams in the league with 7 straight 40-win seasons. You don't just stumble into that with a coach that has lost his team. I've seen teams where the message isn't getting through anymore, and they're a whole heck of a lot worse than anything we've been in the last decade.

Drake744 is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 12:22 AM
  #345
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,510
vCash: 500
It's a little premature to start talking about firing management. At least wait until after the playoffs and what happens with our free agents.

Paranoid Android is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 12:23 AM
  #346
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
I said that because they are the 2 consistent pieces through all this.

Poile's drafting has been excellent in many respects but Rads is the only pure goal scorer he has drafted the entire time he has been here. He drafted Chet Pickard over Jordan Eberle in the first round when we needed forwards. He drafts and Trotz develops great 2 way forwards but you need some natural goal scorers as well. Our d core has been solid to great but we lose Josi and we look very ordinary.

Trotz has been great in working with very little. He has not been so good working with great talent.

I am not saying Trotz should be let go right now. And Poile just got extended. But I do hope if we are one and done again like I think we will be, that the ownership group thinks long and hard about whether they want to keep going in the same direction.

hockey diva is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 08:21 AM
  #347
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,741
vCash: 500
We needed goalies, too. Poile has been a "from the net, out" guy since he came here, and it has been out of necessity. The draft is something we would all fail at since we do not have the hockey smarts to get it done, and we will not have our go-to tactic: hindsight.

Let's see what Trotz and Poile can do with a cap team before we start trying to replace them (btw, with whom do you replace either of them?)

Also, we may have only won 1 game in the 2007 series, but we didn't get dramatically outplayed or anything. The biggest win margin the Sharks had was by two goals, and I believe one of those goals was an empty netter. Not bad considering Nashville and San Jose were the two winningest clubs in the West, and Nashville was very injured.

In my opinion, you have to blame Poile for the two Sharks series if you are going to blame anyone. The Preds were just too small to last against a team like that. Poile knew that after the 2006 playoffs, but was unable to correct it before the 2007 playoffs. Part of me still wonders how much of his team building in those years was done out of desperation, and perhaps even at the request of Leipold. We will never know, and it likely wasn't an issue (or a big one) anyway.

Trotz can only work with what he has, and working with what he has is about to earn him his 500th win, all with the same club, and all under a very tight budget.


Last edited by ThirdManIn: 03-28-2012 at 08:26 AM.
ThirdManIn is online now  
Old
03-28-2012, 08:30 AM
  #348
predfan98
Registered User
 
predfan98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,456
vCash: 500
negativity........well Suter used to be one of my favorite players and now ever since the all star break I want to take a sign to warm up saying, "you are the distraction, but we're still paying you."

makes me negative and sad.....

predfan98 is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 09:16 AM
  #349
Shea Weber
Registered User
 
Shea Weber's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
One has to wonder why in so many crucial games over the history of this franchise, the team has a collective brain fart. I have said before and I'll say it again. The coaching staff needs to change. The message is not getting through any more. No accountablity for certain players, failure to use others in situations that might help them improve. Tired of seeing the same crap over and over again. We seem to be willing to settle for good instead of being great. What a disappointment.
This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen on this board. Thread ignored.

Shea Weber is offline  
Old
03-28-2012, 02:24 PM
  #350
Reviled
Partisan
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen on this board. Thread ignored.
And the heavens weep for such a loss...

Reviled is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.