HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Wild - 3/27/2012

Old
03-27-2012, 10:08 PM
The Lone Ranger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
This team doesn't suck but that 2nd sentence is correct. Can we look like a top team once in a while. We haven't won by more than 2 goals since Valentine's Day I believe and won by more than 3 three times all season.
Should have been a 4-2 win, if not for an egregiously early whistle negating what was going to be the Rangers' first score.

PK let us down, Staal's turnovers and mental mistakes stuck out like a sore thumb. But despite this, the boys still found a way to win at the end.

LGR! On to Winnipeg. Take one more step towards EC domination.

The Lone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:13 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Henrik did something he hasnt done too much of lately -- made really tough saves to keep the game tied or close.

The two goals against were not soft. Not soft at all. But the 1st one was one he stopped 99.9999 pct of the time for most of the season.

He's been slowly getting there. I wonder if he starts tomorrow. Maybe the MTL game at home is when he has his breakout, vintage game, and he'll roll into the playoffs.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:19 PM
ltsthinaz

Don't know who said McD stunk tonight - I thought he was superb, really in control, great instincts. This team has turned around since they got him for Gomez.

Staal looks slow as molasses, don't know if he'll ever get back to form, but, then again, everyone was ready to get rid of Del Zotto last year and look how he's rebounded. Anyway, Staal as of now has little trade value for the off-season.

And please, if John Mitchell overhandles the puck again, please sit his a**, why is Tortarella so afraid to do so. Maybe he can dress John Scott instead (LOL).

Otherwise, thought they dominated most of the game.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Greg in MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I wonder if Feds read that play and moved into the slot.
That's me thinking positively, because if that did happen, it makes it even more beautiful. I mean, Fedotenko wasn't just standing there, he moved in and it jived with McDonaghs' fantastic vision and execution.

But it was his decision to do it that gets me. When he does that, look out.
The overhead view showed the leadup to the goal pretty well. I can't remember who it was, but Feds and another Rangers forward were both headed behind the net, but the first forward drew the Wild defender behind the net, which allowed Fedotenko to get open in the slot.

Greg in MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Dangleberry

Another win

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:23 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in MA View Post
The overhead view showed the leadup to the goal pretty well. I can't remember who it was, but Feds and another Rangers forward were both headed behind the net, but the first forward drew the Wild defender behind the net, which allowed Fedotenko to get open in the slot.
Prust?

Old
03-27-2012, 10:39 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Should have been a 4-2 win, if not for an egregiously early whistle negating what was going to be the Rangers' first score.

PK let us down, Staal's turnovers and mental mistakes stuck out like a sore thumb. But despite this, the boys still found a way to win at the end.

LGR! On to Winnipeg. Take one more step towards EC domination.
I always wondered if you could just add a goal like that. How do you know that the same circumstances would have occurred that came together for that Boyle goal?

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
This team doesn't suck but that 2nd sentence is correct. Can we look like a top team once in a while. We haven't won by more than 2 goals since Valentine's Day I believe and won by more than 3 three times all season.
This is what a top team looks like.

03-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Spezza19
GO SENS GO!!

Hey guys, nice win tonight. Just wondering if Lundy is going to be going B2B tomorrow of if Biron will get the start? What you guys think?

Spezza19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Hodgy OFWG
New Season New Dream

Send a message via Skype™ to Hodgy OFWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
Hey guys, nice win tonight. Just wondering if Lundy is going to be going B2B tomorrow of if Biron will get the start? What you guys think?
I think Biron gets the start tomorrow b/c he did well the last time he played the Jets and Hank needs to rest up for the final 5 and the playoffs. If Hank plays tomorrow, he definitely sits against the Habs

Hodgy OFWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:17 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
Biron - logically he's played all the games against Winnipeg this year, it's the last back-to-back and he needs at least one more start before the playoffs just in case.

Old
03-27-2012, 11:21 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
Biron - logically he's played all the games against Winnipeg this year, it's the last back-to-back and he needs at least one more start before the playoffs just in case.
Not true. Hank shut them out at MSG as well, but agree that Biron should get the start tomorrow. Perhaps the last game of the year as well if it doesn't mean anything for the Rangers, too.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Spezza19
GO SENS GO!!

K thanks guys, I needed a spot start and Biron will be very useful. Can toss Price, hasn't done much the last couple weeks and Habs may win one or two more games.

And yes, definitely makes sense to rest Lundy.

Spezza19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:24 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in MA View Post
Good eye, Greg. I'm a luddite with no DVR, getting one soon. I thought that was a really interesting play. I will replay the game tomorrow on gamecenter live and watch that unfold.

cheers

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:26 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Not true. Hank shut them out at MSG as well, but agree that Biron should get the start tomorrow. Perhaps the last game of the year as well if it doesn't mean anything for the Rangers, too.
I stand corrected, but Biron should still get the start tomorrow - he needs the work and if I remember he played against the Habs before and was exposed by them. He has trouble against fast teams.

Would like to see the Rangers win the next two - three of the last games are against Philly (they want revenge and the games in Philadelphia), a hot Boston team, though they will probably have clinched and it's at MSG, and Pitt in Pitt.

Old
03-28-2012, 01:21 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

imho, id play Henrik from here on out. this is the season.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:40 AM
theJUMPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
imho, id play Henrik from here on out. this is the season.
I think you play Biron vs. MTL. Give Henrik a mental day off before the Bos, Philly, Pitts, Caps stretch. Those games should have him locked in for the playoffs.

theJUMPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:42 AM
theJUMPER

1.McD
2. Boyle (actually had some nice hits this game)
3. Gabby

Special thumbs up to how lazy Heatley is in his own zone.

theJUMPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:10 AM
BlessThisMess513

Not the best kind of game you'd want them to play against a less skilled opponent, but got two important points nonetheless. I thought Hank has been slowly regaining whatever it is he lost for that small period of time. Have to give Boyle some credit for playing like the 26th overall pick he isn't. Lets go for the 3rd W tomorrow!

BlessThisMess513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 03:51 AM
darko

3 point cushion. Lets make it 5 tommorow. Thank you Isles.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 06:00 AM
mullichicken25

Not sure why a lot of people are bent out of shape about this game

They scored 2 pretty decent power play goals but other than that it wasn't even close. The rangers were clearly the better team and played like it. They could have easily won this by three or 4 goals if the goalie didn't make some solid saves

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 06:33 AM
jacko23
KCCO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Henrik did something he hasnt done too much of lately -- made really tough saves to keep the game tied or close.

The two goals against were not soft. Not soft at all. But the 1st one was one he stopped 99.9999 pct of the time for most of the season.

He's been slowly getting there. I wonder if he starts tomorrow. Maybe the MTL game at home is when he has his breakout, vintage game, and he'll roll into the playoffs.
that sounds like the definition of a softie, no?

jacko23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 06:37 AM
DeadPuck

I'm sure Torts will be watching the Islanders game from last night 1000 times.

DeadPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Pugs35

I'd have started Biron last night if I had to pick one game without Hank. Winnipeg is very good at home, though theyre all but eliminated at this point

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Faxius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko23 View Post
that sounds like the definition of a softie, no?
He means that Henrik did get those really spectacular saves earlier, but the shot wasn't easy at all.

Faxius is offline   Reply With Quote