HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Sabres @ Capitals 7:00 PM ET 03/27/2012

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-27-2012, 11:04 PM
  #626
Carlzner
Who's Zed?
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
About a borderline NHL player with a bad attitude, Why in the hell? Who gives a ****
i wasn't being serious.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:05 PM
  #627
NeilYoung
Registered User
 
NeilYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
i wasn't being serious.
Well it's hard to tell on this board most of the time sorry

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:16 PM
  #628
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,437
vCash: 888
Vokoun is so important and people don't realize, we need to stop this crap about these idiot kids having a good game and then they are worth having through the stretch.

This team plays so stupid, at one point hes a 92.1%, but the Caps played stupid in front of him and he went back down.

Watch how these defense man play, they always try to catch a faster forward by chasing them, they should skate forward, and force them to the out side, instead they chase them and it gives them that ability to swing over cause Vokoun to stretch out and they slide the puck through his five hole.

Rafalski needs to be pursued for some sort of major role in the defense, lets face it, the guy didn't have anything super special about him, his shot wasn't the greatest, he wasn't the most physical, he wasn't the fastest, he just had a lot of hockey IQ.

He really got understated by the likes of Lidstrom and Stevens, but both of them at times didn't look great when they weren't paired with him.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:27 PM
  #629
Carlzner
Who's Zed?
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Vokoun is so important and people don't realize, we need to stop this crap about these idiot kids having a good game and then they are worth having through the stretch.

This team plays so stupid, at one point hes a 92.1%, but the Caps played stupid in front of him and he went back down.

Watch how these defense man play, they always try to catch a faster forward by chasing them, they should skate forward, and force them to the out side, instead they chase them and it gives them that ability to swing over cause Vokoun to stretch out and they slide the puck through his five hole.

Rafalski needs to be pursued for some sort of major role in the defense, lets face it, the guy didn't have anything super special about him, his shot wasn't the greatest, he wasn't the most physical, he wasn't the fastest, he just had a lot of hockey IQ.

He really got understated by the likes of Lidstrom and Stevens, but both of them at times didn't look great when they weren't paired with him.

Rafalski is retired... and i thought he was a great player.

Lived across the street from my Grandma in Detroit

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:34 PM
  #630
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,437
vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Rafalski is retired... and i thought he was a great player.

Lived across the street from my Grandma in Detroit
I really thought I didn't have to say that I was talking about as a player... apparently not. On top of that he still has a year with Detroit, if he decided to come back.

I'm talking about assistant coach.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:35 PM
  #631
NeilYoung
Registered User
 
NeilYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
Vokoun sucks, no wonder he never got any credit over the years despite his numbers. Neuvy and Holtby aren't ready or maybe won't ever be

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:40 PM
  #632
Carlzner
Who's Zed?
 
Carlzner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
I really thought I didn't have to say that I was talking about as a player... apparently not. On top of that he still has a year with Detroit, if he decided to come back.

I'm talking about assistant coach.
Is he even available as a coach? I haven't heard anything about him since he retired.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:47 PM
  #633
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,530
vCash: 500
I wouldn't give up yet. It's only a legitimate point back because a tie goes to washington. Last few games of the year will be very entertaining. GL down the stretch

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:58 PM
  #634
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,437
vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Is he even available as a coach? I haven't heard anything about him since he retired.
I heard he lives in Florida but thats about it. I'm pretty sure he would relish in trying to help Carlson realize his full potential.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:15 AM
  #635
Dream Big
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,307
vCash: 500
What's going on with the blocked shots stats?

Buffalo with 25 and Washington with only 14? I counted 3 blocked shots by Alzner and he doesn't even register one?

What is up with that? Who checks this stuff?

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:19 AM
  #636
sand1138man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 575
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I wouldn't give up yet. It's only a legitimate point back because a tie goes to washington. Last few games of the year will be very entertaining. GL down the stretch
true I think this game would have been a disaster for buffalo to lose because they would have to come back 3 points on washington. Washington just has to tie buffalo, but buffalo has to have more points then washington to make it (or more points than ottawa) plus the final 5 games for buf are PIT,TOR,TOR,PHI BOS, now this year they have slaughtered these teams and have also been slaughtered by them, although they had 11 starters out when they werelast in the EAST, before the year buffalo was supposed to be a cup contender with the stacked roster they have, just got NAILED with injuries, Florida and Ottawa arents supposed to be where they are, they just got lucky cause of Buffalo and washingtons bad luck

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:20 AM
  #637
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
Feel free to whine in response to this as per usual, but I don't recall ever, even once, losing a must win regular season game under Bruce, let alone at home.

__________________
mrwarden is in ur threads, deleting ur posts
mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:27 AM
  #638
sand1138man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 575
vCash: 500
Buffalo the way they are playing right now, outscoring opponents 22-5 in the last 5 games, they have the hottest goalie playing right now and the hottest line, Ennis, Stafford, Foligno in the league, not to mention a captain who's been on fire all season, but they have been known to let a single loss derail there confidence and they are playing the Pens who are even hotter, Right now buffalo is probably playing the best hockey of any team all year, but they can go 2-3 in the final 5 with loses against philly, pit, and boston, and then washington goes 3-2 and they are in

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:41 AM
  #639
Icetime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: LA
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Feel free to whine in response to this as per usual, but I don't recall ever, even once, losing a must win regular season game under Bruce, let alone at home.

First year under BB is the only time this was a factor. They were crazy beasts the second half of that season. Never really lost an important game during that sick comeback from the dead.

AND THEN THEY LOST IN A MUST WIN IN THE FIRST ROUND AGAINST PHILLY...AT HOME.

AND THEN THEY LOST IN A MUST WIN UNDER BRUCE AGAINST PITTSBURGH... AT HOME.

AND THEN AGAIN UNDER BB THEY LOST AGAINST MONTREAL........................ AT HOME.

Must win is not in the Caps DNA.

Never has been.


Last edited by Icetime: 03-28-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Icetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:44 AM
  #640
mrwarden
Nothing Witty
 
mrwarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 8,983
vCash: 500
There were other must wins, last year especially, you just forget because by the end everything turned out well. People were concerned we were going to miss the playoffs last year right up until he coached them to the 1 seed.

mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:45 AM
  #641
SDBondra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 732
vCash: 500
Why are we so easy to forecheck right now? Is it because our defensemen can't handle the puck or because our forwards aren't putting any pressure on the other team coming out of our zone? It just seems like 8-10 times every game we get pinned in our own end, reversing the puck ad nauseum until the other team plucks it from us. Something is seriously broken here and I have a hard time believing it's just execution. I've seen all these players handle breakouts before.

I know Backstrom is by far our best puck carrier and trap breaker - he's probably top 10 in the league. But do we really miss him so badly or is there something flawed with our approach?

SDBondra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:59 AM
  #642
Bure
Registered User
 
Bure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,130
vCash: 50
Delete

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:01 AM
  #643
Bure
Registered User
 
Bure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,130
vCash: 50
Well that was sad.

Stupid mistakes in the most important game of the year, a caps trademark.

W.e I just hope they get in some how some way. Doubt it but whatever

Go caps...

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:03 AM
  #644
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetime View Post
First year under BB is the only time this was a factor. They were crazy beasts the second half of that season. Never really lost an important game during that sick comeback from the dead.

AND THEN THEY LOST IN A MUST WIN IN THE FIRST ROUND AGAINST PHILLY...AT HOME.

AND THEN THEY LOST IN A MUST WIN UNDER BRUCE AGAINST PITTSBURGH... AT HOME.

AND THEN AGAIN UNDER BB THEY LOST AGAINST MONTREAL........................ AT HOME.

Must win is not in the Caps DNA.

Never has been.
This. X10000000.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:09 AM
  #645
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 39,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Feel free to whine in response to this as per usual, but I don't recall ever, even once, losing a must win regular season game under Bruce, let alone at home.
regular season doesnt count for anything. remember?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:10 AM
  #646
NeilYoung
Registered User
 
NeilYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
I can't believe no one else has mentioned this does it drive anyone else wild how on the PP Mojo and Perrault both come out of the corner come up to the Hash marks pivot and pass to eachother OVER AND OVER AND OVER and do nothing

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:13 AM
  #647
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 39,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBondra View Post
Why are we so easy to forecheck right now? Is it because our defensemen can't handle the puck or because our forwards aren't putting any pressure on the other team coming out of our zone? It just seems like 8-10 times every game we get pinned in our own end, reversing the puck ad nauseum until the other team plucks it from us. Something is seriously broken here and I have a hard time believing it's just execution. I've seen all these players handle breakouts before.

I know Backstrom is by far our best puck carrier and trap breaker - he's probably top 10 in the league. But do we really miss him so badly or is there something flawed with our approach?
its the soft man to man defense. it doesnt pressure the puck except around the net.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:17 AM
  #648
txpd
Registered User
 
txpd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 39,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
This. X10000000.
cant lose in the playoffs at home from outside the playoffs. i think that is the point he was making. cant fix your playoff trouble from the tee box. many here wanted bruce gone so badly because of the playoff fail and where are we now? regular season fail. its worse, not better.

for some that is fine. it just means firing more people and cutting loose more players and thats fun. i think warden is saying that boudreau was coaching them up to playoffs and not coaching a juggernaut down for playoff fail.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:20 AM
  #649
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,759
vCash: 500
I was unimpressed by Alzner tonight, different than the norm, but there's something that endears me to Carlson big time. Are the two of them fully healthy?

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:28 AM
  #650
NeilYoung
Registered User
 
NeilYoung's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,650
vCash: 500
Someone like Carlsons game? I guess I would to if my team was playing against him

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.