HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Sabres @ Capitals 7:00 PM ET 03/27/2012

Old
03-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
About a borderline NHL player with a bad attitude, Why in the hell? Who gives a ****
i wasn't being serious.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:05 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
i wasn't being serious.
Well it's hard to tell on this board most of the time sorry

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:16 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Vokoun is so important and people don't realize, we need to stop this crap about these idiot kids having a good game and then they are worth having through the stretch.

This team plays so stupid, at one point hes a 92.1%, but the Caps played stupid in front of him and he went back down.

Watch how these defense man play, they always try to catch a faster forward by chasing them, they should skate forward, and force them to the out side, instead they chase them and it gives them that ability to swing over cause Vokoun to stretch out and they slide the puck through his five hole.

Rafalski needs to be pursued for some sort of major role in the defense, lets face it, the guy didn't have anything super special about him, his shot wasn't the greatest, he wasn't the most physical, he wasn't the fastest, he just had a lot of hockey IQ.

He really got understated by the likes of Lidstrom and Stevens, but both of them at times didn't look great when they weren't paired with him.

SimplySensational is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:27 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Vokoun is so important and people don't realize, we need to stop this crap about these idiot kids having a good game and then they are worth having through the stretch.

This team plays so stupid, at one point hes a 92.1%, but the Caps played stupid in front of him and he went back down.

Watch how these defense man play, they always try to catch a faster forward by chasing them, they should skate forward, and force them to the out side, instead they chase them and it gives them that ability to swing over cause Vokoun to stretch out and they slide the puck through his five hole.

Rafalski needs to be pursued for some sort of major role in the defense, lets face it, the guy didn't have anything super special about him, his shot wasn't the greatest, he wasn't the most physical, he wasn't the fastest, he just had a lot of hockey IQ.

He really got understated by the likes of Lidstrom and Stevens, but both of them at times didn't look great when they weren't paired with him.

Rafalski is retired... and i thought he was a great player.

Lived across the street from my Grandma in Detroit

Old
03-27-2012, 11:34 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Rafalski is retired... and i thought he was a great player.

Lived across the street from my Grandma in Detroit
I really thought I didn't have to say that I was talking about as a player... apparently not. On top of that he still has a year with Detroit, if he decided to come back.

I'm talking about assistant coach.

Old
03-27-2012, 11:35 PM
NeilYoung

Vokoun sucks, no wonder he never got any credit over the years despite his numbers. Neuvy and Holtby aren't ready or maybe won't ever be

Old
03-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
I really thought I didn't have to say that I was talking about as a player... apparently not. On top of that he still has a year with Detroit, if he decided to come back.

I'm talking about assistant coach.
Is he even available as a coach? I haven't heard anything about him since he retired.

Old
03-27-2012, 11:47 PM
CerebralGenesis

I wouldn't give up yet. It's only a legitimate point back because a tie goes to washington. Last few games of the year will be very entertaining. GL down the stretch

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:58 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Is he even available as a coach? I haven't heard anything about him since he retired.
I heard he lives in Florida but thats about it. I'm pretty sure he would relish in trying to help Carlson realize his full potential.

Old
03-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Dream Big

What's going on with the blocked shots stats?

Buffalo with 25 and Washington with only 14? I counted 3 blocked shots by Alzner and he doesn't even register one?

What is up with that? Who checks this stuff?

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:19 AM
sand1138man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
I wouldn't give up yet. It's only a legitimate point back because a tie goes to washington. Last few games of the year will be very entertaining. GL down the stretch
true I think this game would have been a disaster for buffalo to lose because they would have to come back 3 points on washington. Washington just has to tie buffalo, but buffalo has to have more points then washington to make it (or more points than ottawa) plus the final 5 games for buf are PIT,TOR,TOR,PHI BOS, now this year they have slaughtered these teams and have also been slaughtered by them, although they had 11 starters out when they werelast in the EAST, before the year buffalo was supposed to be a cup contender with the stacked roster they have, just got NAILED with injuries, Florida and Ottawa arents supposed to be where they are, they just got lucky cause of Buffalo and washingtons bad luck

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:20 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Feel free to whine in response to this as per usual, but I don't recall ever, even once, losing a must win regular season game under Bruce, let alone at home.

03-28-2012, 12:27 AM
sand1138man

Buffalo the way they are playing right now, outscoring opponents 22-5 in the last 5 games, they have the hottest goalie playing right now and the hottest line, Ennis, Stafford, Foligno in the league, not to mention a captain who's been on fire all season, but they have been known to let a single loss derail there confidence and they are playing the Pens who are even hotter, Right now buffalo is probably playing the best hockey of any team all year, but they can go 2-3 in the final 5 with loses against philly, pit, and boston, and then washington goes 3-2 and they are in

sand1138man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Icetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Feel free to whine in response to this as per usual, but I don't recall ever, even once, losing a must win regular season game under Bruce, let alone at home.

First year under BB is the only time this was a factor. They were crazy beasts the second half of that season. Never really lost an important game during that sick comeback from the dead.

AND THEN THEY LOST IN A MUST WIN IN THE FIRST ROUND AGAINST PHILLY...AT HOME.

AND THEN THEY LOST IN A MUST WIN UNDER BRUCE AGAINST PITTSBURGH... AT HOME.

AND THEN AGAIN UNDER BB THEY LOST AGAINST MONTREAL........................ AT HOME.

Must win is not in the Caps DNA.

Never has been.

Last edited by Icetime: 03-28-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Icetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:44 AM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

There were other must wins, last year especially, you just forget because by the end everything turned out well. People were concerned we were going to miss the playoffs last year right up until he coached them to the 1 seed.

mrwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:45 AM
SDBondra

Why are we so easy to forecheck right now? Is it because our defensemen can't handle the puck or because our forwards aren't putting any pressure on the other team coming out of our zone? It just seems like 8-10 times every game we get pinned in our own end, reversing the puck ad nauseum until the other team plucks it from us. Something is seriously broken here and I have a hard time believing it's just execution. I've seen all these players handle breakouts before.

I know Backstrom is by far our best puck carrier and trap breaker - he's probably top 10 in the league. But do we really miss him so badly or is there something flawed with our approach?

SDBondra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Bure

vCash: 50
Delete

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:01 AM
Bure

vCash: 50
Well that was sad.

Stupid mistakes in the most important game of the year, a caps trademark.

W.e I just hope they get in some how some way. Doubt it but whatever

Go caps...

Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:03 AM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetime View Post
First year under BB is the only time this was a factor. They were crazy beasts the second half of that season. Never really lost an important game during that sick comeback from the dead.

AND THEN THEY LOST IN A MUST WIN IN THE FIRST ROUND AGAINST PHILLY...AT HOME.

AND THEN THEY LOST IN A MUST WIN UNDER BRUCE AGAINST PITTSBURGH... AT HOME.

AND THEN AGAIN UNDER BB THEY LOST AGAINST MONTREAL........................ AT HOME.

Must win is not in the Caps DNA.

Never has been.
This. X10000000.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:09 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
regular season doesnt count for anything. remember?

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:10 AM
NeilYoung

I can't believe no one else has mentioned this does it drive anyone else wild how on the PP Mojo and Perrault both come out of the corner come up to the Hash marks pivot and pass to eachother OVER AND OVER AND OVER and do nothing

Old
03-28-2012, 01:13 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBondra View Post
Why are we so easy to forecheck right now? Is it because our defensemen can't handle the puck or because our forwards aren't putting any pressure on the other team coming out of our zone? It just seems like 8-10 times every game we get pinned in our own end, reversing the puck ad nauseum until the other team plucks it from us. Something is seriously broken here and I have a hard time believing it's just execution. I've seen all these players handle breakouts before.

I know Backstrom is by far our best puck carrier and trap breaker - he's probably top 10 in the league. But do we really miss him so badly or is there something flawed with our approach?
its the soft man to man defense. it doesnt pressure the puck except around the net.

Old
03-28-2012, 01:17 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
This. X10000000.
cant lose in the playoffs at home from outside the playoffs. i think that is the point he was making. cant fix your playoff trouble from the tee box. many here wanted bruce gone so badly because of the playoff fail and where are we now? regular season fail. its worse, not better.

for some that is fine. it just means firing more people and cutting loose more players and thats fun. i think warden is saying that boudreau was coaching them up to playoffs and not coaching a juggernaut down for playoff fail.

Old
03-28-2012, 01:20 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

I was unimpressed by Alzner tonight, different than the norm, but there's something that endears me to Carlson big time. Are the two of them fully healthy?

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:28 AM
NeilYoung

Someone like Carlsons game? I guess I would to if my team was playing against him