HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Is there a chance we blow the Division lead?

Old
03-21-2012, 01:18 PM
dtimmons

vCash: 500
Ben Bishop looks great right now. I don't want to face a hot rookie goalie in the playoffs. Bad mojo!

dtimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtimmons View Post
Ben Bishop looks great right now. I don't want to face a hot rookie goalie in the playoffs. Bad mojo!
Anderson will be back by then and even if he isn't I would big time rather play the Sens than the NJ Devils

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:30 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Division lead no, however looking at the Panthers remaining schedule I don't see how they don't pass us. What a schedule they have compared to ours
Maybe the 3 seed is our lucky number.

TMac21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:48 PM
dtimmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Anderson will be back by then and even if he isn't I would big time rather play the Sens than the NJ Devils
Be careful what you wish for

dtimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:03 PM
panny2727

you play who who you play! this team matches up against any in the tournament. after game 82 we play the next team 4-7 times. i like our chances against anyone with a healthy lineup. the bruins are big and strong and wear down the opposition when they show hatred to them. they also put the puck in the net and keep it out. can't wait for the playoffs. it would be a shame to lose to the devils or panthers, sens, caps, or buffalo. a loss to phila pitts or rangers would be exceptable to me cause these teams are just as good as the b's, even though i see the bruins having more balance than those three when healthy.

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:06 PM
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21 View Post
Maybe the 3 seed is our lucky number.
2 is wild this year my friend

bruins will be 2 after a nice win streak continuing

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by panny2727 View Post
you play who who you play! this team matches up against any in the tournament. after game 82 we play the next team 4-7 times. i like our chances against anyone with a healthy lineup. the bruins are big and strong and wear down the opposition when they show hatred to them. they also put the puck in the net and keep it out. can't wait for the playoffs. it would be a shame to lose to the devils or panthers, sens, caps, or buffalo. a loss to phila pitts or rangers would be exceptable to me cause these teams are just as good as the b's, even though i see the bruins having more balance than those three when healthy.
You think this team wins the cup if they draw Detroit or San Jose?

I wouldn't put money on it.

Morris Wanchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:16 PM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post

Detroit I'd be nervous - San Jose though, I'd be pretty confident.

8thRoundPick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:47 PM
NotedToughGuyDKrejci

vCash: 1563
Quote:

Have you watched SJ much this year? They are in 10th for a reason. It's not the Sharks of the last 4-5 years. I won't say they are a terrible team, but I doubt they make the playoffs. They're mediocre in goal, their top end stars aren't performing the same and their depth is not good.

NotedToughGuyDKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:05 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Interesting that Florida may pass us soon. Their remaining schedule is probably the easiest in the league.

Edmonton, Montreal, Columbus, Minny, Carolina twice, Winnipeg (in Florida), NYI, Was and Detroit

Really they could win 90% of those games.
Yeah it looks like they may take the SE now.

Still, that team has left the ice as the loser 36 times this year and the winner 36 times. Amongst the playoff contenders they are the champions of the loser point.

No loser point in the playoffs. No shootout either...but still, I like any playoff team's chances against Florida. They will be the worst team in the playoffs.

trenton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotedToughGuyDKrejci View Post
Have you watched SJ much this year? They are in 10th for a reason. It's not the Sharks of the last 4-5 years. I won't say they are a terrible team, but I doubt they make the playoffs. They're mediocre in goal, their top end stars aren't performing the same and their depth is not good.
I was talking about last year.

Morris Wanchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:29 PM
NotedToughGuyDKrejci

vCash: 1563
Quote:
I was talking about last year.
My mistake then, that makes way more sense.

brain is broken today

NotedToughGuyDKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:33 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
Interesting that Florida may pass us soon. Their remaining schedule is probably the easiest in the league.

Edmonton, Montreal, Columbus, Minny, Carolina twice, Winnipeg (in Florida), NYI, Was and Detroit

Really they could win 90% of those games.
Boston ends up with the Devils they are going to have their hands full; they need to obviously win and avoid Pittsburgh as long as possible....put me down for first round win in 7, and beat in the second round by Pens or Rags; they get Florida they move on- however, the Penguins are a monstah

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post
Yeah it looks like they may take the SE now.

Still, that team has left the ice as the loser 36 times this year and the winner 36 times. Amongst the playoff contenders they are the champions of the loser point.

No loser point in the playoffs. No shootout either...but still, I like any playoff team's chances against Florida. They will be the worst team in the playoffs.
Yeah, loser points are usually a pretty good indicator of a team that's not very likely to make a deep run. It's one of the first things I look at in the standings, even before games played at this time of year.

I still think loser points should be removed.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

as this plays out we see more and more the proof that most of us knew in january that one of the top 2 seeds was guaranteed to us even then

the team has had nothing really to play for since then... sadly they have stunk since then.. but in a way it really didnt matter cause second place was won way back in january

i am very glad to see 4 of the last 5 games end in wins now... and our one loss was by a single goal in a 2-1 defeat

i guess this qualifys as 'playoff' hockey now. we let the standings get way closer then they ever should have. we were pretty much the worst team in the nhl for the past 2 months. so theres a heck of a lot of crap we can complain about, but overall it was sort of crazy to suggest we might blow the lead and almost as crazy to suggest florida could pass us for second.

its far more likely ottawa will miss the playoffs totally and florida will finish in 7th and be an easy first round casualty against us.

washington/buffalo are legitimate teams that underachieved all year but are finally coming on strong... both would suck to meet in the first round

florida/ottawa are frauds mascarading as pretenders. they maybe did enough to make the playoffs to props to them for that BUT its mostly cause the other teams sucked moreso then anything wonderful either florida or ottawa have managed to do right.

which i guess is part of the reason me and people like me knew boston had second place guaranteed back in january even if they failed to play 500 hockey since then

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 01:40 PM
ksp1957

vCash: 191
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
NOW, we get to see how it all plays out once the REAL season begins. The regular season is just a glorified exhibition season for anyone who cares about the Cup. The Bruins have shown all the signs of wanting to be a playoff team, so let the real season begin.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:16 PM
TMac21
Retooled for 2014

Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
NOW, we get to see how it all plays out once the REAL season begins. The regular season is just a glorified exhibition season for anyone who cares about the Cup. The Bruins have shown all the signs of wanting to be a playoff team, so let the real season begin.
Can't wait....#2 seed would be pretty sweet given all the gloom and doom around here recently.

Would be a big boost if the Pens finish 4th and tangle with Philly in Round 1.

TMac21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:23 PM
ksp1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21 View Post
Can't wait....#2 seed would be pretty sweet given all the gloom and doom around here recently.

Would be a big boost if the Pens finish 4th and tangle with Philly in Round 1.
That'll be boad-loads of fun. If the Pens finish the Flyers in 4, I'd love to see the tender razzing my kiddo gives her friends in Philly when the deed is done and we move on to the next round.

Of course, that's risky given she almost had her cell thrown out the window when I texted the score of the last time the Flyers played the Pens.

Old
03-26-2012, 02:27 PM
BergyMeister
Overpaid Grinder

vCash: 50
What, nobody is going to bring up my 3-7 prediction? WTH even when im incredibly wrong nobody pays attention. Next stop Vegas!!!

BergyMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:29 PM
ksp1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMeanie17 View Post
What, nobody is going to bring up my 3-7 prediction? WTH even when im incredibly wrong nobody pays attention. Next stop Vegas!!!
Is that the start of the story where you arrive there in a car and leave on a bus or thumbing a ride home ?

Old
03-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Giesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtimmons View Post
News- Ben Bishop will be out 2 weeks with a groin strain...
http://www.rantsports.com/ottawa-sen...-groin-injury/

Giesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2012, 02:37 PM
BergyMeister
Overpaid Grinder

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
Is that the start of the story where you arrive there in a car and leave on a bus or thumbing a ride home ?
Actually I know I stink at prognostication stuff. I've been to Vegas 3 times and probably haven't spent more than $300 gambling. Don't ask about Booze and "other stuff" though.

BergyMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:18 AM
jasonbaz77*

I love how in this thread most were predicting they would lose the Division and some thought they would be OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS....lol. 3-7 was the most common prediction.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:30 AM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBruin View Post
I love how in this thread most were predicting they would lose the Division and some thought they would be OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS....lol. 3-7 was the most common prediction.
It was the "safest" bet as a fan - if they were wrong, at least they're team is winning and that's worth eating crow.

Path of least resistance IMO.

8thRoundPick is offline   Reply With Quote