HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs shutout at the ACC: 3-0

Old
03-28-2012, 12:20 AM
DeathToAllButMetal
Let it all burn.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
Was he there to euthanize the Leafs?
Awesome.

I find this tank stuff embarrassing. How pathetic do you have to be to cheer for losses just to boost your draft position a couple of spots? Especially when these awful losses make the whole team look pitiful. Is there no ****ing pride in that room at all? How the **** do these guys go out and lose 3-0 at home to another crap team? Answer: They have given up.

All these bombs should do is underline that Burke needs to dump a fair number of players on this team over the summer. There is no leadership, no guts, no talent on this team. All the Russians in the draft won't change that fact.

Last edited by DeathToAllButMetal: 03-28-2012 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Needed to rant more
DeathToAllButMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:24 AM
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner View Post
cant wait till june 22.
Me too mane, my birthday

Anyway I enjoyed the loss! Every butt kicking is enough to put a smile on my face. And I know it will never change but I'm amazed people willingly buy tickets to see this crap. Seriously I don't think I'd go if I got FREE tickets. Not worth the gas. It's just boring hockey even when they get a rare win. Oh and nice goals Gus LOL

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 12:33 AM
diceman934
LINT must go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
Not that I needed the outcome of this game to know it but now that's it's official, I'll just say congrats to Gardiner and Frattin - they'll be the only two active Leafs players that will see any sort of playoff hockey this year.

All that's left is to hope that Burke doesn't screw up at the draft.
Would Ashton and Rosehill not both be eligible as well?

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:27 AM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doshy View Post
I don't understand why people even care about the outcomes anymore. I cheer them on during all games, but right now losses are beneficial. Some posts in this GDT (and media reaction) are ripping apart the team for losing. Don't you want them to lose? This outcome sucks tonight but will be good down the road.

Meh, whatever lol.
This. Look the team was in the playoffs for most of the year, the collapse has really effected the psyche of most Leaf fans I think. It sucks we didn't make it to the show...but what would suck even more is finishing 9th or 10th and drafting a 2nd liner. At least if we tank it we get the possibility of a future #1 centre, or dman.

I feel like half of the posters on here just complain about the team because they have nothing else better to say. I grew up watching the Mat Sundin era starting in 99 when we made it to the Conference Finals. I have hope that we'll be back there eventually.

NaiveLeafsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:02 AM
Aplayaz2000

oh no a loss is so bad atm, considering the Leafs could still make the playoffs!

DURR DURRRR
tank nation

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:16 AM
EucaLEAFtys

I knew this team would show its true colors and end up near the bottom of the league yet again.

Five games left in the season and they still have a chance to sink as low as 29th place. Make it happen, boys!

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:25 AM
binop7

Solid loss from the boys in blue tonight.

-Hope to never see Gus again in a leafs uni after july 1st.
-Rynnas looked good from the little action he faced, but I wish he would stand up more in net, he makes himself small in the net and there are spots that he can be beat. Solid goalie prospect none the less.
-Kessel had a dismal game and has appeared to have quit on the season.
-Brown had a nice breakaway, but it's Brown, not Lemieux.
-MacArthur was shockingly bad as well, I'm really beginning to question his compete level and if he has any place on the top 6 of a legit team.
-Franson had a really bad game as well, the goal where it deflected off his stick wasn't really his fault, but he blew many defensive coverages.
-Timmy Brent on the other hand, wish we would have kept him. It's so redundant, but he's making what 500k? Armstrong is making 2.5m. Waste of cap right there.

binop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:31 AM
binop7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddGillForever View Post
Awesome.

I find this tank stuff embarrassing. How pathetic do you have to be to cheer for losses just to boost your draft position a couple of spots? Especially when these awful losses make the whole team look pitiful. Is there no ****ing pride in that room at all? How the **** do these guys go out and lose 3-0 at home to another crap team? Answer: They have given up.

All these bombs should do is underline that Burke needs to dump a fair number of players on this team over the summer. There is no leadership, no guts, no talent on this team. All the Russians in the draft won't change that fact.
How would Burke go about trading these guys. Take Connolly for example this guy has no value and a modified NTC to boot. Even if you can dump a guy like that, you often gotta take back one of the salary dumps of the team you're trading with. Take the Franson trade for example, Burke got a young, potential top 4 D man and had to take Lombardi's horrid contract with it. It's not that simple. You can't bury a guy like Komi in the AHL either because he has a NMC. Burke has stapled the team with these horrible contracts and it's about time he's learned you have to build through the draft.

binop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 06:40 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Can't remember who but one of the Leafs boards reporters tweeted there were about 4 different groups within the locker-room.

Be interesting to see who is in each group.

We knew they were not a good team, even when they were winning their flaws were obvious.

Carlyle's job is to restructure the team, and Burke's is to tear down his mistakes.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 06:48 AM
dubey
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Can't remember who but one of the Leafs boards reporters tweeted there were about 4 different groups within the locker-room.
I believe they have even been seen wearing different coloured jerseys at practice

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:05 AM
MarcWagz

what do they mean by groups?
is that like cliques or is it like organized groups by skill?

MarcWagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:36 AM
supermann_98

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcWagz View Post
Old boys club - LACK, Liles,

Young party boys who chase tail while on the road - Phaneuf, franzen, macArthur, Phil, Lupul, Bozak, Gunnar, Gardiner

Married, foreign, and responsible guys - Reimer, Grabo, Kuli, Brown

Loners - Gus

supermann_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:51 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcWagz View Post
I don't think it is unusual for cliques, but you need a respected leader to form some bond between them like Sundin was with Roberts when Corson, Tucker and Green versus everyone else existed.

It could be there but I don't really see a strong team leader. Right now no one is standing up and showing leadership.

ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 07:54 AM
mashedpotato

Yay. Finally, something we're good at.

mashedpotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Ari91

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Would Ashton and Rosehill not both be eligible as well?
Yeah they would be. I just mentioned Frattin and Gardiner because they were both mainstays on the roster for the most part while Ashton and Rosehill were recalled for specific reasons. I'm excited for the Marlies. Frattin was tearing it up down there and I think Gardiner would be a great addition to their team on the back end.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

This makes me want to cry.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 10:37 AM
lebdafor norris
sleepy

I wish they at least lose in an exciting game, i miss the run n gun system it at least makes the tank games enjoyable to watch.

lebdafor norris is offline   Reply With Quote